Annual report and financials

Midloth_Iain

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

so all your info is from Google...not a surprise

Real dedication and scrutiny shown

FF says 'lets google it' and we are meant to believe him

Use duckduckgo and look for yourself then ffs, what a pointless complaint!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Francis Albert

• Footballfirst

• Coburg Hearts

10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

:cornette:

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Much of the work carried out by AB Brother was not competitively tendered.

Even though it seems to say so in the accounts??

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

For your info, I did not know the difference between an "open tender process" and a "structured tender process" so I sought to find out to enhance my knowledge. It's called learning.

Can you recommend where I might find such information within a few minutes that would satisfy your believability standard?  

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

For your info, I did not know the difference between an "open tender process" and a "structured tender process" so I sought to find out to enhance my knowledge. It's called learning.

Can you recommend where I might find such information within a few minutes that would satisfy your believability standard?  

I'm sure most are grateful for your efforts mate, don't worry about it. Credibility wise this is like Gareth Gates slagging John Lennon's songwriting.

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm sure most are grateful for your efforts mate, don't worry about it. Credibility wise this is like Gareth Gates slagging John Lennon's songwriting.

Sometimes, just to cheer myself up a wee bit, I like to remember that Gareth Gates pumped Katie Price. ‘Imagine’. :lol: 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Mr Brightside
45 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

An open tender means anyone can bid on the work and is very common, often mandatory in the public sector.

Private companies don’t need to have an open tender process, they can have a closed process and invite who they want to bid.

Both open and closed tenders are structured and in a very similar way to what you found on google.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

An open tender means anyone can bid on the work and is very common, often mandatory in the public sector.

Private companies don’t need to have an open tender process, they can have a closed process and invite who they want to bid.

Both open and closed tenders are structured and in a very similar way to what you found on google.

Thanks for the info. Every day is a school day.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sometimes, just to cheer myself up a wee bit, I like to remember that Gareth Gates pumped Katie Price. ‘Imagine’. :lol: 

You haven't pumped Katie Price?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Even though it seems to say so in the accounts??

What it says in the accounts does not tell the full story. The stand was running so late, with some parts of the design not completed by the Architect, there was no time to go through a competitive tendering process for much of the fit out works.

36 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What it says in the accounts does not tell the full story. The stand was running so late, with some parts of the design not completed by the Architect, there was no time to go through a competitive tendering process for much of the fit out works.

OK,I see where you are at. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I thought it was like jury duty, everyone has to take a turn

What, 12 at a time?

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Just half a million to one million pounds profit then. 

Spread over four years so £120/200k pa. not a lot on such a big, high visibility, project

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Didnt he p p p p p pump her instead?

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

15 in Scotland

I thought they only picked 12 out of the 15 leaving 3 on the subs bench in case one of the starting 12 gets broken.

35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I thought it was like jury duty, everyone has to take a turn

Can you imagine though? Gates and Price? It’d be like something off of Robot Chicken.

Footballfirst
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Spread over four years so £120/200k pa. not a lot on such a big, high visibility, project

As I mentioned earlier JB Contracts doesn't have to produce detailed accounts including profit and loss or cash flow information.

The Balance Sheet however shows a figure for Profit and Loss Reserves. That represents the profits (or losses) retained in the business. It is not a measure of the actual profits in any given year but an accumulation of profits held in the business after distribution of any dividends, which can be made at any time.

The figures at year end (31 March) were as follows:

2015 - (£29,558) - (negative)

2016 - £4,097 

2017 - £214,450

2018 - £333,384

I think the above figures suggest the Hearts contract has provided a significant boost to the profitability of the business. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I thought they only picked 12 out of the 15 leaving 3 on the subs bench in case one of the starting 12 gets broken.

No. They start with 15. It's not unknown for a jury to finish with fewer, at the discretion of the judge if, for example, a juror falls ill part way through a trial. 

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No. They start with 15. It's not unknown for a jury to finish with fewer, at the discretion of the judge if, for example, a juror falls ill part way through a trial. 

It does sound very similar

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

One of the very few benefits of being old is not knowing who either of these individuals is!

Imagine a wee skinny stuttering amphibian bloke with spiky hair, furiously vibrating between over-inflated balloons stuck on an emaciated corpse with a duck’s bill. 

Francis Albert

39 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think the above figures suggest the Hearts contract has provided a significant boost to the profitability of the business. 

Significant and timely

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think the club is in a good place with the new stand. But there is a sense that due to the lateness some companies and tradesmen took advantage and were quick to put their snouts in the trough! It’s all history now. I just hope lessons were learnt for the next project(s) ....... fill the corners?? 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

15 on a,Scottish jury

You're too late, John, I've already been corrected.

On a more positive note, my ignorance proves I'm not one for trouble with the law.

• davemclaren pinned this topic
Footballfirst

Aberdeen has given an indication of their headline figures for the year in an announcement about changes in the ownership of the club.  Turnover up, wages up and a loss of £5m posted (£4.25m of which is down to a write down in the value of Pitoddrie).

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/11/24/changes-at-the-top-mark-new-chapter-for-the-dons/

The accounts for the financial year ended 30 June 2019 reveal an increase in turnover of half a million from £15.4 million to £15.9 million.

This turnover is yet another new record for the Club. A substantial increase in commercial income together with gate income, from cup competitions, was offset by a reduction in UEFA prize monies and a drop in broadcasting income as a result of finishing fourth in the Ladbrokes SPFL Premiership.

Total staff costs increased from £8.56million to £9.24million. The wages to turnover ratio increased from 56% to 58%, reflecting the continued investment in the first team squad. This compares favourably to other clubs.

The operating loss pre amortisation was £0.58million which compares to a small profit in the previous year.

The position over the five-year business plan period shows a profit of almost £1.5million.

2019 Accounts

Edited by Footballfirst

• davemclaren unpinned this topic
On 20/11/2019 at 12:23, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It is remarkable that it’s gone from £12m at the outset to £15m in 2017 and £24m now. There’s a lot of expenditure to explain away there.

Correct. Particularly when we are facing relegation and could have potentially invested more funds into the team.

Footballfirst
On 21/11/2019 at 21:42, Footballfirst said:

As I mentioned earlier, JB Contracts doesn't have to produce detailed accounts including profit and loss or cash flow information.

The Balance Sheet however shows a figure for Profit and Loss Reserves. That represents the profits (or losses) retained in the business. It is not a measure of the actual profits in any given year but an accumulation of profits held in the business after distribution of any dividends, which can be made at any time.

The figures at year end (31 March) were as follows:

2015 - (£29,558) - (negative)

2016 - £4,097 

2017 - £214,450

2018 - £333,384

As an addendum to the above figures, JB Contracts has just submitted its accounts to Companies House for the year to 31 March 2019. The "Profit and Loss Reserves" number has again gone up (subject to the caveats about dividends above).

The 2019 figure is £527,631 ...... so up £194k on the previous year.

Hearts accounts also show that they still owed JB Contracts a further £485k, as at the end of June 2019, which should be reflected in the accounts of both companies in the current year..

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

As an addendum to the above figures, JB Contracts has just submitted its accounts to Companies House for the year to 31 March 2019. The "Profit and Loss Reserves" number has again gone up (subject to the caveats about dividends above).

Hearts accounts also show that they still owed JB Contracts a further £485k, as at the end of June 2019, which should be reflected in the accounts of both companies in the current year..

Impressive performance. Business success obviously runs in the family DNA.

On 21/11/2019 at 20:25, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What difference does it make?

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Not that impressive in the building industry then, quite surprised by that. 

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What difference does it make?

Read the thread. I was responding to comments on the perceived lack of competitive tendering - keep up.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Read the thread. I was responding to comments on the perceived lack of competitive tendering - keep up.

?

13 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Not that impressive in the building industry then, quite surprised by that. 

It is for a small contractor like JB - they are not a Balfour Beatty or Lend Lease.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

?

“Perceive” Definition - interpret something in a particular way.

Look it up.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“Perceive” Definition - interpret something in a particular way.

Look it up.

I know full well what it means.

It doesn't mean "interpret in the most negative way possible".

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I know full well what it means.

It doesn't mean "interpret in the most negative way possible".

Not sure what you are accusing me of?

Others on this thread were making a negative spin on their PERCEIVED lack of competitor tendering.

I simply clarified why some work was not competitively tendered due to urgent programme constraints - not that I thought the Club had been ripped off.

So wind yer neck in!

Edited by Thomaso

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Others on this thread were making a negative spin on their PERCEIVED lack of competitor tendering.

I simply clarified why some work was not competitively tendered due to urgent programme constraints - not that I thought the Club had been ripped off.

So wind yer knock in!

And I simply asked what difference it made whether or not it was competitively tendered.  What are you trying to accuse AB of?

So wind your own neck in.

Just now, JamboAl said:

And I simply asked what difference it made whether or not it was competitively tendered.  What are you trying to accuse AB of?

So wind your own neck in.

You were dismissing my post as usual.

Read my last post - I’m accusing AB of nothing!!

28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It is for a small contractor like JB - they are not a Balfour Beatty or Lend Lease.

Can't imagine Balfour Beatty and the like would survive another week with a P&L like that. 

Stick to the Chamois and leave the accountancy to the big boys. 

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Indeed. Google them and they are described as a joinery and carpentry business. For which the numbers are pretty impressive .. particularly the rapid growth since  2017.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 24/11/2019 at 10:47, Footballfirst said:

Aberdeen has given an indication of their headline figures for the year in an announcement about changes in the ownership of the club.  Turnover up, wages up and a loss of £5m posted (£4.25m of which is down to a write down in the value of Pitoddrie).

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/11/24/changes-at-the-top-mark-new-chapter-for-the-dons/

All for one League Cup in 30 years 😂 Aberdeen has to be up there as providing the least value for money to fans in the league in the last 30 years, in terms of actual honours to celebrate. Way more than Romanov's 60m or whatever, which at least yielded two major trophies.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Can't imagine Balfour Beatty and the like would survive another week with a P&L like that. 

Stick to the Chamois and leave the accountancy to the big boys. 

Wow. Of course Balfour Beatty make more money than JB Contracts. Not really the point is it. In fact pretty much the opposite of the point.

20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You were dismissing my post as usual.

Read my last post - I’m accusing AB of nothing!!

I'm not accusing you of anything.

For the third time

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

When I get an  answer we can take it from there.

31 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So wind yer neck in!

You will never win with this one mate.  You’ll either get reported or bored to death.  

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not accusing you of anything.

For the third time

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

When I get an  answer we can take it from there.

To be blunt and give the obvious answer if it wasn't competitively tendered it stinks. Or if it was a structured tender and not sufficiently open it stinks. And unless JB Contracts has some special expertise and relevant experience we should have employed someone else.