Naismith Scotland captain and injury.

Hood09

Steven Naismith = excellent football player. We are very, very lucky to have him. Passionate, intelligent and is a Captain in every way. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naismith should be our captain too. He generally acts like it but we should give him the armband officially. Hes a proper leader. Take a bit pressure off Berra. 

Arthur Morgan
13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Naismith should be our captain too. He generally acts like it but we should give him the armband officially. Hes a proper leader. Take a bit pressure off Berra. 

Definitely agree. 

HillmanHearts

Well done Naisey.

Led from the front tonight.

Full of selfless endeavour, will to win and guile.

As a Jambo, I'm proud to have the Scotland captain and match winner in our ranks.

I'm relieved that he's come through apparantely unscathed, delighted that his match fitness is enhanced, and chuffed that we have a happy and confident International player in our ranks about to hit peak form for our club. 

• Moderators

Please bear in mind that trying to drag any thread in the Terrace into a political debate is a quick way of getting yourself removed from the forum.

If another poster does this, please don't respond in kind or you also risk being removed.

Thanks 

9 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Naisy playing well and scoring for Scotland?

I read on here his body was finished and he has had it as a player

:kirk:

I’m saying it again, his recovery since Levein left his role has been nothing short of miraculous 

🤔

9 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Steven Naismith = excellent football player. We are very, very lucky to have him. Passionate, intelligent and is a Captain in every way. 

This . Proud, again, to be a Hearts fan. 

Absolute Scenes

Couldn’t help myself but sneak a look at .nit after Naismith scores - Scotland fans saying his goal shouldn’t have counted because if a foul on the opposite keeper 😂😂😂 talk about being a bitter wretched shadow of a team, can’t even celebrate a national goal because the opposing striker scored it. 

17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Couldn’t help myself but sneak a look at .nit after Naismith scores - Scotland fans saying his goal shouldn’t have counted because if a foul on the opposite keeper 😂😂😂 talk about being a bitter wretched shadow of a team, can’t even celebrate a national goal because the opposing striker scored it. 

Seriously? What a strange strange lot they are. 

Thank goodness Naismith found his knees. Apparently they had gone somewhere.

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

Mind when some Hearts fans weren't fussy about signing this diamond?

:shockio:

No.

That wasn't the case as far as I remember.

At long last, we seem to have had a bit of good luck.  Naismith's selection for Scotland had many of us worried regarding potential injury.  Instead of that  he's come through with flying colours.

Personal milestone, great performances and much needed match practice.

Maybe, just maybe we've turned the corner luck wise.

41 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So the hobos say it shouldn’t have been a goal? Aye right, ok then.

it just happened to be ex hibbie McGinn that fouled the goalie.

eejits.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Rizla said:

eejits.

bitter rancid supporters. They know that a fit Naismith in the next derby means absolute abomination for their little bums

Scotland getting Naisy up to full match fitness in time for the match against Killie on Saturday, you say?

:glorious:

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’m saying it again, his recovery since Levein left his role has been nothing short of miraculous 

🤔

Been saying the same. 

Horatio Caine
46 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

bitter rancid supporters. They know that a fit Naismith in the next derby means absolute abomination for their little bums

They should also note the fact that McGinn spoke very positively about Naisy and that they're developing a good partnership.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Did they mention Mcginns shot was going wide before the deflection, Naismith had a goal taken off him last year for that 🙈.  

highlandjambo3
42 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Will we risk him on the Killie pitch 😐

Hope so, am travelling down for that one........ come on as a sub I’d suspect 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

They should also note the fact that McGinn spoke very positively about Naisy and that they're developing a good partnership.

They did indeed, Mcginns progress has been amazing as he barely scored up here. I doubt he would’ve progressed as much if he had went to Celtic, Macgregor should go to a higher level to do the same.

10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Enjoyed that the night. Naismith, McGinn and Christie were superb. Something to build on. Fecking freezing tho.

Building a team is the key thing.

That's what we need - guys to emerge as key players. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Willie Miller was moaning about it on the radio. God he hates Hearts

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hope so, am travelling down for that one........ come on as a sub I’d suspect 

Agree.

Think he will start on bench.

Did Killie not change pitch though or have I  imagined that ? 🤔

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

No.

That wasn't the case as far as I remember.

Then you mustn't have been reading this board when he signed his 4 year contract. The number of frothers moaning about it was bonkers

29 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

So a huge majority wanted him.

That's not what you questioned. He said

Mind when some Hearts fans weren't fussy about signing this diamond?

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Then you mustn't have been reading this board when he signed his 4 year contract. The number of frothers moaning about it was bonkers

I think people were concerned about the length of the deal for a player who is mostly injured of late not the fact he was signing.

A fair point IMO.

And what is a frother? Is that the same as a cretin? Do they throw slaver grenades?

Scotland have for a long time been a better team with Naismith up front.  Strachan persisted with absolute tosh while we had Naisy and Griffiths both available to lead the line.

Going back I guess 5 years here to probably our last big result of note, but when we beat Croatia 2-0, Naismith was up front and it was as complete a CF performance as I've seen in my time as a paid up TA member.  He's never really had the credit he's deserved for Scotland IMO, and I've said that for years - before he played for Hearts.

So happy he's a jambo

(PS, I bloody haaaaated him when he was with Rangers!!!!)

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That's not what you questioned. He said

Mind when some Hearts fans weren't fussy about signing this diamond?

I didn't question anything.

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Only person i see frothing is you. In fact, the only people i ever see frothing on here are the ones who are telling everyone else how 'frothy' they are.

4 year contract to a guy who had been largely injured for months before the deal was signed...yeah, nothing to see here...move along etc

45 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

So a huge majority wanted him.

Probably.   But I initially said "... some Hearts fans... ".

Majority was never mentioned.

Great to have the wee albino prince tied down to us for four years. His influence on us winning games is priceless. Can only imagine the state we’d be in right now without him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Great to have the wee albino prince tied down to us for four years. His influence on us winning games is priceless. Can only imagine the state we’d be in right now without him.

Absolutely. He has missed a couple of months. Souttar has been out too, a young man. Injuries are not entirely predictable.

Sure Naismith has had some, but not the crock the outraged enjoy making him out to be.

You cant wrap people up in cotton wool, players like Naismith don't come along very often for clubs like us, I don't constitute the decision as a gamble, even if it was, it had to be one worth taking. The collateral value of having a player like him, will come through eventually, ditto Whelan.

These guys are top level players, with the right coach, I believe the softness permeating through the club will soon be gone, these model professionals influence will begin to shine through, and results will follow.

We have signed excellent players, its now time for them to show that, a healthy motivated Naismith apparently has been critical, what needs to happen now, that scale moves from integral to complementary.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely. He has missed a couple of months. Souttar has been out too, a young man. Injuries are not entirely predictable.

Sure Naismith has had some, but not the crock the outraged enjoy making him out to be.

You cant wrap people up in cotton wool, players like Naismith don't come along very often for clubs like us, I don't constitute the decision as a gamble, even if it was, it had to be one worth taking. The collateral value of having a player like him, will come through eventually, ditto Whelan.

These guys are top level players, with the right coach, I believe the softness permeating through the club will soon be gone, these model professionals influence will begin to shine through, and results will follow.

We have signed excellent players, its now time for them to show that, a healthy motivated Naismith apparently has been critical, what needs to happen now, that scale moves from integral to complementary.

All good sense, lad.

We have an excellent squad - really very good indeed.  Best for quite a number of years.

A mixture of bad luck and misuse of resources has led us to where we are.  And it all spiralled out of control really.

Any manager worth his salt, with the majority of the lads fit, will have this team flying.  It's just full of talent and grit when they're all there.  Don't underestimate how important and good Souttar, Halkett and Washington are too.

52 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Only person i see frothing is you. In fact, the only people i ever see frothing on here are the ones who are telling everyone else how 'frothy' they are.

4 year contract to a guy who had been largely injured for months before the deal was signed...yeah, nothing to see here...move along etc

As others have no doubt said, 4 years would’ve just been the price we had to pay if we wanted him. I certainly wanted him signed up, every Hearts fan I knew wanted him signed up. Would a 2 or 3 year deal have been better? Definitely. I suspect strongly it was 4 years or no signature. 

It was a gamble there’s no doubt about that but given our shocking form without him, a gamble we had to take imo.

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did they mention Mcginns shot was going wide before the deflection, Naismith had a goal taken off him last year for that 🙈.  

Absolutely not!!! They wouldn’t dare talk about the worlds best footballer of all time ever ever like that!! 

2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Which will go go completely over those roasters heads. Head in the sand. They just can’t stand it that we have a player who shouldn’t even be in this league he’s that good.

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Anyone with a name Willie can’t be taken seriously (except all Willies that are sound and can be taken seriously and are affiliated with hearts 👍)

Horatio Caine
4 hours ago, XB52 said:

This will be the same Willie Miller who keeps touting a central partnership of Devlin and McKenna - ooh I wonder who they play for? - whilst probably the best centre backs for Scotland would be Souttar and Halkett when fit...

But there I am doing exactly the same as Chippy man.

Coburg Hearts
6 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The foul was committed by their hero, though. 

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Rizla said:

eejits.

Beat me to it. What a strange bunch they are. In nearly all aspects of life and living they are much the same as us, normal human beings. However, when it comes to football, and in particular Hearts and Hibs, they are a completely different species. It's as if they are on a parallel universe. 

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Barack said:

If the thread was brought up, I'd guess there would be at least 5 people on the first page or two showing skepticism. 

For a start.  I could probably name them as well. 

They would then attack you for bringing up the past and causing discord. Only the naysayers are allowed to do that.