Naismith Scotland captain and injury.

Hood09

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’re ‘proud of Nausmith’?

C’mon, we are all absolutely delighted he’s at our club, but, you’re actually proud of him?

Morgs, I'm certainly proud every time a Hearts player pulls on the dark blue. And to see a jambo captain Scotland also.

I want all Hearts players to want to run through brick walls to play for Scotland. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's the "type" i want at Hearts.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 17/11/2019 at 21:22, Weakened Offender said:

Are you sure about that? 

Ok. I get your point. Lots of prople from different parts of the world. I should have qualified that statement as people born here. 👍

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Morgs, I'm certainly proud every time a Hearts player pulls on the dark blue. And to see a jambo captain Scotland also.

I want all Hearts players to want to run through brick walls to play for Scotland. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's the "type" i want at Hearts.

Och, maybe just me.  :sad: 

I think being ‘proud’ of an individual you probably haven’t ,or never will, meet, seems odd to me.

I’ve drank with wee Robbo scores of times, love him to bits, but am not ‘proud’ of him.

I just love him!  ❤️

Just now, Morgan said:

Och, maybe just me.  :sad: 

I think being ‘proud’ of an individual you probably haven’t ,or never will, meet, seems odd to me.

I’ve drank with wee Robbo scores of times, love him to bits, but am not ‘proud’ of him.

I just love him!  ❤️

Yeah i suppose you're right. I'm proud as a jambo rather than of SN i guess. Still proud. Love seeing Hearts players play for Scotland.

Get off Robbo. He's mine. I'll scratch your ****ing eyes out.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah i suppose you're right. I'm proud as a jambo rather than of SN i guess. Still proud. Love seeing Hearts players play for Scotland.

Get off Robbo. He's mine. I'll scratch your ****ing eyes out.

Too late, BO.

He has already scratched more than my eyes.

:oohmatron:

Weakened Offender
19 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Ok. I get your point. Lots of prople from different parts of the world. I should have qualified that statement as people born here. 👍

You'd still be wrong of course, just a bit less wrong. 

Captain tomorrow night as well it seems

Steven Naismith is poised to lead the line for Scotland again tonight with manager Steve Clarke revealing he has reached an agreement with Hearts interim head coach Austin MacPhee over the 33-year-old striker’s involvement. Naismith has been bedevilled by knee and thigh injuries over the past 18 months and only recently returned to action for this club.

Edited by CJGJ

16 hours ago, Morgan said:

:clap: 

When selling a player. Do you think Hearts should receive more if a player is a regular for their country? 

Edited by ri Alban

Playing regularly for Scotland is a big part of the reason Aberdeen are asking for £10m plus for McKenna. European and international games brings players on a lot. Guys like Souttar, Halkett and Hickey would improve massively the more international and European games they play.

9 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Very much how I feel but not apparently how the loud mouthed little englanders on JKB think.

6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Very much how I feel but not apparently how the loud mouthed little englanders on JKB think.

I'd hate to have such closed off views as you. First you were implying people were bigots now little englanders. To come on a message board and reduce yourself to a trolling, wumming mess is embarassing to read. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'd hate to have such closed off views as you. First you were implying people were bigots now little englanders. To come on a message board and reduce yourself to a trolling, wumming mess is embarassing to read. 

If the cap fits wear it

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Primary school banter now. Makes a change from snidey name calling. 

He's 100% shit stirring vermin. Best ignored or you'll get a ban.

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Captain tomorrow night as well it seems

Steven Naismith is poised to lead the line for Scotland again tonight with manager Steve Clarke revealing he has reached an agreement with Hearts interim head coach Austin MacPhee over the 33-year-old striker’s involvement. Naismith has been bedevilled by knee and thigh injuries over the past 18 months and only recently returned to action for this club.

This is the type of game he could get clogged imo.

At best he should be on the bench with possibly an appearance late on.

These games mean absolutely nothing.

Got a bad feeling about it with our horrendous luck.

Maybe it's paranoia 😣

We cannot afford to lose this guy through an injury in a meaningless game.

15 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

That’s not what the players say. 

🤔🤔

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He's a clown and a thick one at that. Ignore him.

3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Not sure about that. Yeah theres a Hearts element who are rw&b and dont support Scotland for "political" reasons. Bunch of them def on here.

But moreso, i think the culture of football has simply changed. The romance has gone. Sky and all that glitzy stuff has pushed the club game through its finance to be the be all and end all. That feeling drips to our league.

I personally work to retain the romance in football for myself. Part of that is the honour of playing for your country. Perhaps it helps that I'm passionately Scottish. But i also love seeing Hearts players playing for other countries. I want Smith to be N Irelands best player and people to say "who does he play for?"

People simply don't feel like that. Same down south and perhaps wider, international football is a distant second to club for most supporters.

How have you lasted so long on here. Every post or person who disagrees with your view you have flung insults at. “Unionists” “up to their knees in crew” “little englanders”. How have you not been slung. 

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

You’re ‘proud of Nausmith’?

C’mon, we are all absolutely delighted he’s at our club, but, you’re actually proud of him?

Yes. 

Empty vessels make the most noise.

Just ignore them.

Steven Naismith captaining Scotland is an honour for Hearts as well as him.

It's surely a massive plus on a players CV if he is a regular for his national

team . As a previous poster has said once a player starts to rack up International caps it adds value to them in the transfer market. It's a win win situation for all concerned.

If Scotland were doing well and qualifying for tournaments people would be much more positive about players playing for Scotland.

Playing for Scotland of course there is the risk of injury but it also gives him game time at international level which means he should come back sharper. I guess he will play another 60-75 minutes tonight as agrees with Austin MacPhee. Will be delighted to see him leading the line tonight, in the playoffs and hopefully in the Euros.

4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Your trolling is getting desperate now

35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Your trolling is getting desperate now

I don’t care what you say. For me it’s great to see a Hearts player leading out his country with pride.

alwaysthereinspirit
20 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I reluctantly agree with your club v country standpoint but that is due to my utter contempt for the SFA and the Glasgow establishment.

Were it not for that, I would wish it was much more like rugby in NZ where no one disputes that the All Blacks are the pinnacle.

As things stand, club before country for me every day of the week.

This for me too. Give me a sports individual or team wearing a Thistle or Lion Rampant on their shirt and I’m all over it. Except the Scottish football team.

Late 70’s early 80’s I was at every Hampden game. Now I don’t even care unless a Hearts player is involved. Absolute $%!te from top to bottom.

The third rate association has made some serious errors over the past 30 years.

Where are the top Scottish players that captained and played for the top English teams year in and out? How many do we have now in the top British league? 

McBurnie doesn’t count.

Bazzas right boot

Hearts player for Scotland captain. 

Can't have happened much in the past. 

Great stuff. 

How it's a negative is beyond me. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts player for Scotland captain. 

Can't have happened much in the past. 

Great stuff. 

How it's a negative is beyond me. 

Pressley Scotland Captain whilst at Hearts? Only possible candidate I can think of. Maybe Webster or Berra? After that you are going back to the 1900s.

7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Playing regularly for Scotland is a big part of the reason Aberdeen are asking for £10m plus for McKenna. European and international games brings players on a lot. Guys like Souttar, Halkett and Hickey would improve massively the more international and European games they play.

Don't know why that works with McKenna though.

That big huddy makes a complete erse of himself every time he plays for Scotland.

10 million for him :cornette:

The world has gone completely mad. :cornette_dog:

6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He's 100% shit stirring vermin. Best ignored or you'll get a ban.

Wrong on all counts. Me I’ll be delighted to see Naismith of Hearts with his chest puffed out with pride, leading the Scotland team out

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't know why that works with McKenna though.

That big huddy makes a complete erse of himself every time he plays for Scotland.

10 million for him :cornette:

The world has gone completely mad. :cornette_dog:

I don’t rate him particularly highly either, but it’s something that adds ££s on to a player’s value. He will have improved a lot from playing for Scotland and in Europe with Aberdeen, and is still young enough to improve further. Just don’t think he’s anything like as good as others do though. There’s football people involved in the game at a decent level who do rate him though, so they will know a lot more about these things than I do. 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don’t rate him particularly highly either, but it’s something that adds ££s on to a player’s value. He will have improved a lot from playing for Scotland and in Europe with Aberdeen, and is still young enough to improve further. Just don’t think he’s anything like as good as others do though. There’s football people involved in the game at a decent level who do rate him though, so they will know a lot more about these things than I do. 🤷‍♂️

And me I suppose 😞😞

34 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

And me I suppose 😞😞

Probably, I dunno... You could be a professional football manager for all I know! :lol: 

What I do know, is that I have a very limited knowledge of football compared to the folk that matter in the game. 👍

10 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

:wtfvlad:

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Pressley Scotland Captain whilst at Hearts? Only possible candidate I can think of. Maybe Webster or Berra? After that you are going back to the 1900s.

Levein captained Scotland.

33 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Probably, I dunno... You could be a professional football manager for all I know! :lol: 

What I do know, is that I have a very limited knowledge of football compared to the folk that matter in the game. 👍

Well I didnt like to say..........

Only kidding obviously 😉

11 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Jolly good old bean 👍🏻

18 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

😅😅

Some weird folk on here I am afraid. 😝

6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Jolly good old bean 👍🏻

He’s lasting well.  :sad: