Naismith Scotland captain and injury.

Hood09

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

What a pile of shite from one of our resident mini huns.  Pathetic nation????

Scotland is a pathetic nation we are a embarrassment so are the tartan army look at the small nations that qualify Finland Iceland Croatia Northern Ireland wales al qualified for a competition since the last time Scotland qualified Scottish football is a sorry state and it’s all down to the corrupt sfa keeping the Tim’s huns happy fcuk the rest of Scottish football 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

The Scottish football team may be pathetic on occasions but if you truly believe Scotland is a pathetic nation I'd gladly pay your train fare

down to Borisland for good. 

I'm being a bit harsh I've just noticed your age is part of your username.

SN is clearly a proud patriot and if we pulled him out of a Scotland squad he'd probably request a transfer. 

It’s fcuk all to do with borisland.Scotland is a pathetic nation we are a embarrassment so are the tartan army look at the small nations that qualify Finland Iceland Croatia Northern Ireland wales al qualified for a competition since the last time Scotland qualified Scottish football is a sorry state and it’s all down to the corrupt sfa keeping the Tim’s huns happy fcuk the rest of Scottish football. No am happy for Naismith but my point is playing two pointless game were he could get injured fcuk up our season for they two games 

4 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

It’s fcuk all to do with borisland.Scotland is a pathetic nation we are a embarrassment so are the tartan army look at the small nations that qualify Finland Iceland Croatia Northern Ireland wales al qualified for a competition since the last time Scotland qualified Scottish football is a sorry state and it’s all down to the corrupt sfa keeping the Tim’s huns happy fcuk the rest of Scottish football. No am happy for Naismith but my point is playing two pointless game were he could get injured fcuk up our season for they two games 

Correct.  These 2 Scotland games are pointless 

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

Let's be honest, Tierney probably asked his Mum if he had an Irish Granny and was gutted when he didn’t.

Fixed. 

6 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Firstly, we don't raise less in tax per capita, and secondly, lots of people from Edinburgh, and elsewhere in Scotland outside of Glasgow and Dundee, want Scotland to cease being part of the UK.

Just to correct you:  we raise £307 per head less in tax than rUK and receive £1660 more per head in public spending.  Let's round it up to a union bonus of £2k per head.  Some call that "pocket money" too. 

I agree that lots of people across the country want separation but most are concentrated in Dundee and the Central Belt. 90% of council areas voted against it in 2014.

5 hours ago, euan 10 said:

Were you pissed when you wrote that garbage

Goldstone Wonder
7 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Born in Brighton but parents moved to Scotland when I was three and in Scotland ever since.  Grew up just outside Edinburgh so dad just picked a team his work mates supported and that was us hooked, he took me a few times a season then went to Edinburgh uni and had a season ticket while there and that sealed the deal.  Now inflicting us on my own two kids the poor wee buggers.  

Yeah Brighton are achieving things I never could have dreamed of when they were languishing at the bottom of the third division!

People always ask how I can have two teams but I grew up with that so never knew any different.  People say you can’t really support both but I compare to having kids, I love both equally and could never chose between them.  Anyway I didn’t need to worry it’s not likely they will meet in the Champions league anytime soon!!!

also I would really like to see Scotland qualify for a tournament.  I can’t say I support you guys, I took way too much stick at school for that to happen, but for all the fans I know, I know how much excitement and happiness it would bring and after 20 years surely it’s time!   

My experience is similar to yours but the other way round. Born in Edinburgh, moved to Windsor when I was two and Brighton when I was 7. My dad started taking me regularly to the Albion when I was 8 or 9 which coincided with the glory years at the Goldstone of the late 70s with successive promotions to the old First Division, Peter Ward, Brian Horton et al. Dad was a Jambo so I started following them when I came to Edinburgh Uni in 1985 and have been here ever since and a season ticket at Tynecastle for most of it. Still in Albion fan from afar and try to get to one or two games a season. 

As for Scotland, despite my accent which still betrays by Brighton upbringing I’ve always been a Scotland fan. Dad took me to see Scotland at Wembley in 1975 when we lost 5-1. That was me hooked despite the result. Thought the team did ok yesterday. Decent result all things considered. 

Goldstone Wonder

Back on opic. Does anyone know if Naismith did suffer any sort of injury or was he just taken off as a precaution? 

Edited by Goldstone Wonder

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You can’t see how winning three games back to back for the first time in years might not help the players confidence ahead of a crucial game?  Really? 

Not when the squad will change again and so much water to flow under the bridge until March 28 132 days away still. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

Back on opic. Does anyone know if Naismith did suffer any sort of injury or was he just taken off as a precaution? 

All fine, planned switch 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, jambocub said:

So no international  team builds momentum? 

If you are playing September to October yes, March to June yes, but the gap is a double pre season. Fresh start really isn't it

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

My experience is similar to yours but the other way round. Born in Edinburgh, moved to Windsor when I was two and Brighton when I was 7. My dad started taking me regularly to the Albion when I was 8 or 9 which coincided with the glory years at the Goldstone of the late 70s with successive promotions to the old First Division, Peter Ward, Brian Horton et al. Dad was a Jambo so I started following them when I came to Edinburgh Uni in 1985 and have been here ever since and a season ticket at Tynecastle for most of it. Still in Albion fan from afar and try to get to one or two games a season. 

As for Scotland, despite my accent which still betrays by Brighton upbringing I’ve always been a Scotland fan. Dad took me to see Scotland at Wembley in 1975 when we lost 5-1. That was me hooked despite the result. Thought the team did ok yesterday. Decent result all things considered. 

Well nice to know there are two of us!  I wasn’t old enough to remember the late 70’s team or really the 83 cup final so for me this period has easily been the best of my lifetime supporting Brighton.  Same as you I go about twice a season through I don’t have a season ticket at Tynecastle currently as kids are a bit young.  

What our stories confirm is the role that dads playing in shaping our football futures!!!

Yeah I’m surprised at how many people have been so dismissive of yesterday’s game and result.  A win away to a team that are no San Marino’s and if you could get a good win on Tuesday gives a bit of feel good ahead of the playoffs with key players to return.  Is funny, I’m English and am more positive about Scotland than most Scottish fans!!! 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just to correct you:  we raise £307 per head less in tax than rUK and receive £1660 more per head in public spending.  Let's round it up to a union bonus of £2k per head.  Some call that "pocket money" too. 

I agree that lots of people across the country want separation but most are concentrated in Dundee and the Central Belt. 90% of council areas voted against it in 2014.

Don’t agree with you on a lot of things Enzo but you’re spot on here. 

Insufficient taxpayers, an ageing population, a massive public sector workforce, a deficit 3 times the maximum allowable to get into the EU would see an independent Scotland suffer for a long time. 

And that’s before we start talking about the Scottish pound😂

16 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

How on earth did a thread about Steven Naismith turn into a Scottish independence debate? Have a word with yourselves.

Agree. Get it tae ****.

51 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

How on earth did a thread about Steven Naismith turn into a Scottish independence debate? Have a word with yourselves.

Ask the loony unionists. They see red at any mention of Scotland. Wish they would keep their bile to the shed 

13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Hope you are right but personally think not a snowball’s chance. 

With negative people like you ten I would agree. Thankfully I am not so negative and our time will come again.

Thought Police
28 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Ask the loony unionists. They see red at any mention of Scotland. Wish they would keep their bile to the shed 

Just as bad as eachother. Keep your own views to the shed.

Nelly Terraces

50 caps in this era is about as much a sporting achievement as Mo Farah coming 5th in a club 10,000 metres race. 

Shittest era of national football in its history - qualified for boy scout & 90% of players utter dross. Surprised I've not had a couple of call ups actually.:laugh:

Well done Steven. 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, luckydug said:

When will people realise Steven Naismith is entirely of a different mindset to Tierney.

I get that totally and the wee man was desperate to get his 50th cap, and wouldn’t be happy if we did that. I was just pointing that if the club doesn’t want their player to attend it can be done. It’s then up to the FA of that country to ban him for their next game if they so wish. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I didn't say he wasn't, or it couldn't. I was responding to a poster who said we shouldn't have released him.

You said it was the players choice to go or not, as the Tierney situation has shown the club said he wasn’t coming up and it would seem nothing will be done about it (again).

Selkirkhmfc1874
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said it was the players choice to go or not, as the Tierney situation has shown the club said he wasn’t coming up and it would seem nothing will be done about it (again).

Exactly! The guys who didn't turn up Clarke should invoke 5 day rule to show clubs he won't be Messed about 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly! The guys who didn't turn up Clarke should invoke 5 day rule to show clubs he won't be Messed about 

Indeed, he could do it with Tierney as he’s never fit and doesn’t appear that bothered. Whether it’s up to Clarke or the SFA is another question, he might’ve already asked and been refused.

3 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Just as bad as eachother. Keep your own views to the shed.

Well said mate. There's plenty other places to have that chat.

5 hours ago, XB52 said:

“Loony unionists” eh? Why don’t you can your idiotic rantings full stop 

35 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

“Loony unionists” eh? Why don’t you can your idiotic rantings full stop 

He does appear to have lost the plot, foaming at the mouth on a thread about Steven Naismith.  In a few weeks when the Tories inevitably win the GE he will implode.

6 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

50 caps in this era is about as much a sporting achievement as Mo Farah coming 5th in a club 10,000 metres race. 

Shittest era of national football in its history - qualified for boy scout & 90% of players utter dross. Surprised I've not had a couple of call ups actually.:laugh:

Well done Steven. 

Aye but at least he’s done it without drugs!!

44 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He does appear to have lost the plot, foaming at the mouth on a thread about Steven Naismith.  In a few weeks when the Tories inevitably win the GE he will implode.

And he won't be alone in that,  when those horrible self-centred excuse for human beings are returned it will be a sad day for all fair minded citizens. 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

And he won't be alone in that,  when those horrible self-centred excuse for human beings are returned it will be a sad day for all fair minded citizens. 

I've not got much time either, but the poster above was calling people tories because they disagreed with him, so lets get this thread back on topic.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I've not got much time either, but the poster above was calling people tories because they disagreed with him, so lets get this thread back on topic.

One thing I find incredible is that Scots will vote for a party that has Johnston, Rees Mogg, Gove , Pritti Patel and Amber Rudd on their front bench because they don't want Independence, I mean  these excuse  for human beings, but not many Scots voting Tory ever admit to doing so tbf 

Like you say though , back on topic 

For all the to**ers claiming club is more important than country. Direct quote by  Naismith - He said: "It can't be underestimated. I've won trophies in my career but representing my country, captaining and getting in the Hall of Fame, it's a special night for me personally. 

16 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

For all the to**ers claiming club is more important than country. Direct quote by  Naismith - He said: "It can't be underestimated. I've won trophies in my career but representing my country, captaining and getting in the Hall of Fame, it's a special night for me personally. 

The club is more important than country. Maybes you are the to**er for resorting to name calling because you don’t agree with someone’s view. 

Edited by GinRummy

8 hours ago, Independence said:

With negative people like you ten I would agree. Thankfully I am not so negative and our time will come again.

My opinion has no effect on what happens in future. Just an opinion. Hardly any professional Scottish footballers playing first team football these days never mind good ones. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The club is more important than country. Maybes your the to**er for resorting to name calling because you don’t agree with someone’s view. 

I’m just saying that Naismith himself puts country before club and rightly so. A few to**ers may disagree with that but Naismith thinks otherwise.

Edited by OldGorgie

17 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

He will be fitter and more match fit  for the Killie game because of today. 

Exactly. Clearly in need of games based on last Saturday and yesterday’s performance 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

My opinion has no effect on what happens in future. Just an opinion. Hardly any professional Scottish footballers playing first team football these days never mind good ones. 

And which league is different. There’s more foreigners in the English leagues than you can shake a stick at but their national team is doing ok because of careful planning and fan support. The problem in Scotland is there are far to many “up to their knees loyalists “.

Edited by OldGorgie

Just now, OldGorgie said:

I’m just saying that Naismith himself puts country before club and rightly so. A few to**ers may disagree with that by Naismith thinks otherwise.

Most hearts fans I know put us before Scotland I wouldn’t call them, you or Naisy names regardless of what you thought on the subject.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Most hearts fans I know put us before Scotland I wouldn’t call them, you or Naisy names regardless of what you thought on the subject.

You are missing the point. Virtually all players regard playing for their country far more important than their club. Playing for a club is a job. Playing for your country is an honour.

3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

And which league is different. There’s more foreigners in the English leagues than you can shake a stick at but their national team is doing ok because of careful planning and fan support. The problem in Scotland is there are far to many “up to their knees loyalists “.

Fair enough but I disagree. Lot more young English guys playing in top two leagues in England than Scotish players in top league up here. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Fair enough but I disagree. Lot more young English guys playing in top two leagues in England than Scotish players in top league up here. 

Let’s have some stats to back up your view

8 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

You are missing the point. Virtually all players regard playing for their country far more important than their club. Playing for a club is a job. Playing for your country is an honour.

I doubt that’s true.

I wasn't that keen on the narrative suggesting his choice of Hearts was now seen as a wise one now he's made it to 50 caps. You'd like to think the club had more to offer than just guaranteeing his presence on the pitch when fit.

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There's 44 teams with money to put into their squads in the top two leagues in England to be fair though.

Coburg Hearts
9 hours ago, XB52 said:

Nice to know that in an all inclusive iScotland I would be regarded as a loony.

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's 44 teams with money to put into their squads in the top two leagues in England to be fair though.

Agreed, money has a lot to do with it but that’s the reality. Excluding the OF our other top league teams would probably be lower half of Championship at best, probably lower. The task of finding a national team with any chance of getting to finals in a regular basis with largely that level of player is a big ask. 

Coburg Hearts
Just now, OldGorgie said:

Live with it.

Thanks for that. Now I kinda know how the jews felt in pre-war Germany.