Naismith Scotland captain and injury.

Hood09

54 minutes ago, Independence said:

Jeez, talk about patronising! We were one of the best teams in Europe with class players. Dalgliesh, Souness and Jordan to name a few. Full houses at Hampden game after game. Yes 100,000. Taking 30,000 abroad for World Cup finals was the norm. It will return! As I say , support your team and country through tick and thin!

Hope you are right but personally think not a snowball’s chance. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Naisy on your 50th cap, Hearts are lucky to have a guy like yourself, we just need more like yourself to move in the right direction.

PS let's not forget the previous gaffer got him to us.

3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Well done Naisy on your 50th cap, Hearts are lucky to have a guy like yourself, we just need more like yourself to move in the right direction.

PS let's not forget the previous gaffer got him to us.

Agree. Probably the biggest signing for us in decades. The same as the Robbo and Rudi re-signings. Shame about the injuries, hopefully get a good run at it now. Without doubt a class above every player we have. 

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Great thread. Hearts fans rounded on for being worried that our best player might be injured and now screeds of wankers that can't turn off politics for 3 ****ing seconds. Great thread.

Could do without the politics but if this was just Hearts fans being measured in their concerns, no-one would round on anyone.

But no, this was decrying: 
Hearts
The Player
Scotland - the team
Scotland - the country

All because Naismith had the temerity to chase that 50th cap and, as it turned out, played well and was subbed as planned after 60 minutes. 

No fuss, no drama needed. But almost every thread has to descend into the standard, internet madness these days - throwing drama, hysterics and strident, polarised, rigid views into every discussion with no room for anything in the middle.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You won your last match did you not?  If you then win on Tuesday that’s three wins in a row for the first time in how long?  No offence but when things are are difficult as they are for you guys right now I would be looking at as three game winning streak going into the play-offs as a positive . 

4 months away can't see it being a factor 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, jambocub said:

How else do you build momentum? 

If we were playing next week with the same players aye

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

4 months away can't see it being a factor 

You can’t see how winning three games back to back for the first time in years might not help the players confidence ahead of a crucial game?  Really? 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, StirlingJambo said:

Spot on! Never understood why Scotland wait until a players around 22-23 until they can get a game. Like you said opportunity for players like Hickey and also the young lad Gilmour at Chelsea.

Hornby up front too. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You can’t see how winning three games back to back for the first time in years might not help the players confidence ahead of a crucial game?  Really? 

It might but the team changes so much I don’t see how we can build a team or momentum. If we do qualify it’ll be interesting to see if all of a sudden injuries and call-offs are reduced.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It might but the team changes so much I don’t see how we can build a team or momentum. If we do qualify it’ll be interesting to see if all of a sudden injuries and call-offs are reduced.

I agree about the injuries, I would bet big money that all the players missing for these games will suddenly be available for the play off games and then as you say for the summer if qualified.  

Its symptomatic of the issues for the Scotland team at the moment, players picking and choosing when they turn up.  

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you think being "granted" power over some things and not others and getting pocket money to spend - that's less than we put in - from a government we didn't elect based in another country we play against at football is "proper", that's up to you.

We have power over the things we need, and get more than England back - free prescriptions, education etc and I voted, if you didn't vote thats upto you.

Anyway, enough about politics.

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

We have power over the things we need, and get more than England back - free prescriptions, education etc and I voted, if you didn't vote thats upto you.

Anyway, enough about politics.

A lot factually wrong in there. Control over immigration, all taxation, energy, defence and foreign policy for example would significantly improve Scotland - we could get rid of Trident for example; and taking into account oil, Scotland has been subsidising the rest of the UK for a very long time. In any case I don't see how relying on handouts is a case for the status quo).

I have friends from Finland, Sweden, Australia and all over, countries with less going for them than Scotland has when it comes to natural resources and other assets and not one of them can understand why any country would want not to manage all of its own affairs. Even all my English mates now agree Scotland should just do its own thing. Yeah, enough about politics though, although Scotland's independence is about way more than politics.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m English so couldn’t care less how scotland do but even I can see how this game is anything but meaningless.  It’s crucial you build some momentum and confidence ahead of the play offs and winning today and next week is the last chance you have.  

Why you on a hearts forum then? 

Well done Steven and a nice touch from Clarke making him the captain. A complete pro and we are very lucky to have him, just hope he steers clear of injury in midweek and is ready for next Saturday.

Just now, djseant said:

Why you on a hearts forum then? 

Please explain why he cannot be on a Hearts Forum ?

I'd like to think you did not think your post through but if not...……………………......

Just now, CJGJ said:

Please explain why he cannot be on a Hearts Forum ?

I'd like to think you did not think your post through but if not...……………………......

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

because he’s a hearts supporter? 

😂😂 having a laugh just funny how people react to politics 

5 minutes ago, djseant said:

😂😂 having a laugh just funny how people react to politics 

Trying to cover up your mistake just won't wash..and nothing funny about it

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Economics are obviously not your strong point. We raise less in tax per capita and get £1600 per head more . That's not pocket money..that's a subsidy. Not to mention the linguistic, familial, currency and social ties that we share in the UK. Arguing to stay in a union with a far away continent while leaving a single market on which 64% of our trade depends, is the most illogical, intellectually challenged argument I have heard in my life. By all means give Glasgow and Dundee their Scexit and see how they get on....the rest of us are quite happy to be British thanks very much.

I think you and others should move on to the Shed

Just now, CJGJ said:

I think you and others should move on to the Shed

Yes fair enough. Just couldn't let fake news go unchallenged.  Will stick to football from here.

2 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Well done to Stevie in earning his 50th cap👍
Hall of famer.

I’m sure he wants to qualify for next year and be a part of a major international competition for the first time.

Probably on his bucket list and one of the reasons he signed for Hearts.

👍 🤗

3 hours ago, Thought Police said:

says he’s fine, just an “awkward movement”

Nice Unico Big Bang on his wrist there. Touch of class from the Scottish captain 

5 hours ago, Independence said:

Not arguing but he deserved this and enhances Hearts reputation. 

Apologies i was raging at the time. He does deserve it all. Just wanna wrap the guy in cotton wool as he is vital for us. Look at last week 

5 hours ago, Barack said:

International players injured on duty, pay compensation to the respective clubs. It's the SFA's dime, our time.

Is that for the duration of the injury?

What is hearts playing at letting him play for Scotland when he is just one game back when you have clearly seen how influential he is to us to play for a pathetic nation in a pointless 2 games nothing to play for he could’ve got his 50th cap in the play off hearts pull him out of the next game as we need him for Saturday 

Naismith has an exemplary record of wanting to play for his country, even when he played for the now-defunct British club. Good on him and well done on the 50.

7 hours ago, Barack said:

Decided it's not worth having a dig at Clarke.

Just hope he's twinged something & has walked off as a precaution.

Can **** the Kazakhstan game off now. Hopefully not the Kilmarnock one.

I definitely wouldn't blame Clarke. I think there is actually something in the selfish Naismith thought. He has played so little for us this season that he just should not have been in that squad in any way, but I'm in no doubt its what he wanted to happen. Just hope his injury is nothing and he is now able to concentrate on his actual paid job from here on in. A vitally important player for us, and that should be more important than the ****ing scottish football hall of 'fame'.

Clarke for his failings so far as national manager is an innocent bystander as far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Naismith has an exemplary record of wanting to play for his country, even when he played for the now-defunct British club. Good on him and well done on the 50.

Plenty Rangers fans were happy for him today.

7 hours ago, indianajones said:

Almost certain we can instruct Clarke to release or not include him in the squad. 

It better happen. 

You're completely and utterly wrong! The national team manager can select whoever he wants (that's eligible to play for the national team, obviously). And if they don't report for duty, they can be suspended from club games for up to five days after the national team plays.  And it's the player's choice, not his club's, whether he reports or not. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Hearts cant force him not to play and frankly we should respect the players wish to play for his country. 

I don’t think we can as he would be raging, or would want to but Celtic and now Arsenal have demanded that Tierney be excluded from certain squads so it would seem it can be done. Common sense on his training and game time would be great to keep him fit and available for both teams.

39 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

What is hearts playing at letting him play for Scotland when he is just one game back when you have clearly seen how influential he is to us to play for a pathetic nation in a pointless 2 games nothing to play for he could’ve got his 50th cap in the play off hearts pull him out of the next game as we need him for Saturday 

The Scottish football team may be pathetic on occasions but if you truly believe Scotland is a pathetic nation I'd gladly pay your train fare

down to Borisland for good. 

I'm being a bit harsh I've just noticed your age is part of your username.

SN is clearly a proud patriot and if we pulled him out of a Scotland squad he'd probably request a transfer. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You're completely and utterly wrong! The national team manager can select whoever he wants (that's eligible to play for the national team, obviously). And if they don't report for duty, they can be suspended from club games for up to five days after the national team plays.  And it's the player's choice, not his club's, whether he reports or not. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50296744

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reason-kieran-tierney-missed-scotland-20388174

He was spared playing in games last season too. It can be done.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

When will people realise Steven Naismith is entirely of a different mindset to Tierney.

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I take it that doesn’t apply to Tierney / Arsenal then?

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You won your last match did you not?  If you then win on Tuesday that’s three wins in a row for the first time in how long?  No offence but when things are are difficult as they are for you guys right now I would be looking at as three game winning streak going into the play-offs as a positive . 

One was against San Marino which doesn’t really count.  We were lucky to win today against Cyprus who had a goal disallowed which VAR would have allowed.  I’m struggling to decide who is the worse watch just now between Hearts and Scotland.

As an aside, I had always assumed you were an ex pat - how did you become a Jambo and why are you interested in Scottish football when it is so bad?!  Just curious!  Yet, as a Brighton and England fan you’ve probably never had it so good!

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

When will people realise Steven Naismith is entirely of a different mindset to Tierney.

Let's be honest, Tierney probably asked his Mum to phone Unai Emery and say he didn't want to go.

Brighton Jambo
12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

One was against San Marino which doesn’t really count.  We were lucky to win today against Cyprus who had a goal disallowed which VAR would have allowed.  I’m struggling to decide who is the worse watch just now between Hearts and Scotland.

As an aside, I had always assumed you were an ex pat - how did you become a Jambo and why are you interested in Scottish football when it is so bad?!  Just curious!  Yet, as a Brighton and England fan you’ve probably never had it so good!

Born in Brighton but parents moved to Scotland when I was three and in Scotland ever since.  Grew up just outside Edinburgh so dad just picked a team his work mates supported and that was us hooked, he took me a few times a season then went to Edinburgh uni and had a season ticket while there and that sealed the deal.  Now inflicting us on my own two kids the poor wee buggers.  

Yeah Brighton are achieving things I never could have dreamed of when they were languishing at the bottom of the third division!

People always ask how I can have two teams but I grew up with that so never knew any different.  People say you can’t really support both but I compare to having kids, I love both equally and could never chose between them.  Anyway I didn’t need to worry it’s not likely they will meet in the Champions league anytime soon!!!

also I would really like to see Scotland qualify for a tournament.  I can’t say I support you guys, I took way too much stick at school for that to happen, but for all the fans I know, I know how much excitement and happiness it would bring and after 20 years surely it’s time!   

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 hour ago, euan 10 said:

What a pile of shite from one of our resident mini huns.  Pathetic nation????

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

This thread 😳

I just noticed your name and having just watched a documentary about Spielberg it got me wondering so I looked more closely at your picture (sorry for the stalking).  Amazing, that’s proper film homage right there and the attention to detail, I’m so impressed!! 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Economics are obviously not your strong point. We raise less in tax per capita and get £1600 per head more . That's not pocket money..that's a subsidy. Not to mention the linguistic, familial, currency and social ties that we share in the UK. Arguing to stay in a union with a far away continent while leaving a single market on which 64% of our trade depends, is the most illogical, intellectually challenged argument I have heard in my life. By all means give Glasgow and Dundee their Scexit and see how they get on....the rest of us are quite happy to be British thanks very much.

Firstly, we don't raise less in tax per capita, and secondly, lots of people from Edinburgh, and elsewhere in Scotland outside of Glasgow and Dundee, want Scotland to cease being part of the UK.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn't say he wasn't, or it couldn't. I was responding to a poster who said we shouldn't have released him.

57 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I take it that doesn’t apply to Tierney / Arsenal then?

It does, actually. Arsenal couldn't refuse to release him (indeed, clubs don't actually release players for international duty anyway, unless they're physically holding them captive), Arsenal asked Clarke to leave him out of the squad, and Clarke decided to agree to that request on this occasion. 

29 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I just noticed your name and having just watched a documentary about Spielberg it got me wondering so I looked more closely at your picture (sorry for the stalking).  Amazing, that’s proper film homage right there and the attention to detail, I’m so impressed!! 

My favourite ever film, on so many levels 👍🏻

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, euan 10 said:

What is hearts playing at letting him play for Scotland when he is just one game back when you have clearly seen how influential he is to us to play for a pathetic nation in a pointless 2 games nothing to play for he could’ve got his 50th cap in the play off hearts pull him out of the next game as we need him

He will be fitter and more match fit  for the Killie game because of today.