Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGorgie

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo

Not impressed one bit with Clarke. He was hired as someone who can supposedly cope with all the injuries and call-offs and build and motivate a close-knit team from who's left and make poorer players better. No evidence of that at all. Not a single one of the players he's brought in has made a difference and virtually no improvement from the way we played under McLeish. He also came across as very weak with the Tierney situation.

Greg Taylor at LB is ridiculous. Has he even played this season? This was a game to bring in youngsters for a meaningless but still competitive fixture. Hickey is our third best Scottish LB, no question. He can even fit in at RB. Tierney clearly has no interest in being back-up to Robertson so Hickey should be brought in asap, even only to learn from Robertson. Hickey and Fraser down the left would be a decent partnership IMO.

Is there some sort of rule that Scotland can't play teenagers in the first team?

Naisy meanwhile has to be a Scotland manager in waiting if he gets into coaching. We need someone who really loves his country and wants to do well, unlike the shitebags like Fletcher, Tierney and all the others who pick and choose when they turn up for Scotland.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, weehammy said:

How does independence get into a football forum? Off you all go to the Shed to argue about that.

Haven't read the whole thread, but it seems relevant in an international football context. There aren't many other pretendy countries like ours playing in competitions.

52 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

No saying its no a proud thing 

I'm saying he owes his club who pay his wages to call it a day. A club that rehabilitate him every time he goes away for the national team and picks up another injury. We pay him every week But feck Hearts mon the Scotland and being captain but coming off injured. I'm as passionate as any other Scot but it's time for him to call it a day and prolong his club career 

Not arguing but he deserved this and enhances Hearts reputation. 

18 minutes ago, Homme said:

Scotland were murder when he went off as they didn't have him shouting to press higher. Just sat in and invited pressure. Plus McBurnie is utter dung. 

That's how it seemed to me too, just got deeper as the second half went on. Scotland should never be playing on the counter against Cypress, surely.

9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

How does independence get into a football forum? Off you all go to the Shed to argue about that.

Nothing to argue about. The people voted No. Not sure why folk still go on about it.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Scotland are absolute shit. It was Cyprus ffs. How proud can you be?

Very. A Hearts player was captain. You are correct Scotland are poor but there are no easy games now. I was around when Scotland qualified for tournaments and England didn’t. However, just like Hearts I support them through thick and thin. 

The minute Naismith went off the entire performance from Scotland dropped. He has such a positive influence on the players around him. I really hope he's not injured and it was just a precaution.

Christie is above and beyond the rest of the team. I'd argue he's our best player above Fraser and Robertson. McGinn also played well. Also thought Jack played very well.

McKenna was terrible. Vastly overrated. Aberdeen should sell him while they can. Can't believe he plays for Scotland. Both Devlin and Porteous are Decent SPL players but they are not good enough to be included in the Scotland squad.

I actually like Gallagher from Motherwell however I'm hoping that once Halkett and Souttar have returned from injury they will be given a chance to play for Scotland.

NaturalOrder74
57 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Not sure how many times I need to say this.

was at game 

Naismith walked off fine. Sat  IN dug out

walked into pitch at end to clap fans. Walked off. 

played well. Good result. 

sorry for being paranoid mate but we honestly can’t afford it 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gorillajam said:

The minute Naismith went off the entire performance from Scotland dropped. He has such a positive influence on the players around him. I really hope he's not injured and it was just a precaution.

Christie is above and beyond the rest of the team. I'd argue he's our best player above Fraser and Robertson. McGinn also played well. Also thought Jack played very well.

McKenna was terrible. Vastly overrated. Aberdeen should sell him while they can. Can't believe he plays for Scotland. Both Devlin and Porteous are Decent SPL players but they are not good enough to be included in the Scotland squad.

I actually like Gallagher from Motherwell however I'm hoping that once Halkett and Souttar have returned from injury they will be given a chance to play for Scotland.

McKenna has been an absolute disaster for Scotland. Has Berra retired? He's been very ropey for us bit even then I'd feel safer with him in defence against the likes of Cyprus.

Another 10 players with Naisy's attitude, never mind ability, and we'd qualify for every tournament.

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Great thread. Hearts fans rounded on for being worried that our best player might be injured and now screeds of wankers that can't turn off politics for 3 ****ing seconds. Great thread.

Well said.

That’s the crux of it.

4 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

That's the start of a team coming together then.

Long way to go to get a good 11 though. 

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Meaningless?  It was his 50th cap that gets him into the HOF FFS!

Must be some hall of fame that. Endless international achievements. 

Reports would suggest it is not serious, let's hope so, and his next game is hopefully our next game and that he is fine for that, he cannot be wrapped in cotton wool though, and would not want to be. If he now chooses to concentrate on club football after reaching his milestone I would be fine with that, we cannot take away the possibility of injury whoever that is for, but he is a footballer, a very proud one at that, and he needs to be playing football.

19 minutes ago, Independence said:

Very. A Hearts player was captain. You are correct Scotland are poor but there are no easy games now. I was around when Scotland qualified for tournaments and England didn’t. However, just like Hearts I support them through thick and thin. 

Once😂

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Must be some hall of fame that. Endless international achievements. 

Something nice to look back on and tell the grandkids about though isn't it? Naismith has a career and ambitions like everyone else. One of his was to get 50 caps and qualify for a tournament with Scotland. Whelan is the same for Ireland in wanting to get to the Euros. They are both only our players because we agreed to help them achieve their ambitions.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, SE16 3LN said:

Once😂

You can mock. But for folk who grew up watching Scotland from the late 70s on we were the kings of qualifying. Up there with Brazil at one point for qualifying for the most finals in a row (five). What we did when we got there is a different story 😥

Speaking following Scotland’s European Championship qualifying victory, Clarke confirmed that the substitution was already planned. 

He said: “Steven is fine. 

“The substitution was already going ahead [before the injury]. In my head it was pre-planned. 

“He was shouting at me that he was fine and didn’t want to come off but it was something that I had in my mind to do anyway.”

Naismith has missed much of the 2019/20 season due to injury and only returned to the Hearts starting line-up last weekend in the 5-2 win over St Mirren. His last Scotland appearance was in a 3-1 defeat to Portugal last October.

Clarke had named the Hearts striker captain for the day as he picked up his 50th cap for the national team as they registered a second win in a row.

Just now, Irufushi said:

What was the injury? 

Don't think there is an injury. It said on the radio that he was annoyed at being subbed and wanted to play on. He was taken off as a precaution. Hope that's the case! 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Speaking following Scotland’s European Championship qualifying victory, Clarke confirmed that the substitution was already planned. 

He said: “Steven is fine. 

“The substitution was already going ahead [before the injury]. In my head it was pre-planned. 

“He was shouting at me that he was fine and didn’t want to come off but it was something that I had in my mind to do anyway.”

Naismith has missed much of the 2019/20 season due to injury and only returned to the Hearts starting line-up last weekend in the 5-2 win over St Mirren. His last Scotland appearance was in a 3-1 defeat to Portugal last October.

Clarke had named the Hearts striker captain for the day as he picked up his 50th cap for the national team as they registered a second win in a row.

Naisy is the Black Night in a football shirt. "Tis but a scratch!"

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Something nice to look back on and tell the grandkids about though isn't it? Naismith has a career and ambitions like everyone else. One of his was to get 50 caps and qualify for a tournament with Scotland. Whelan is the same for Ireland in wanting to get to the Euros. They are both only our players because we agreed to help them achieve their ambitions.

Whelan’s already played in 2 Euros does he really need a 3rd!

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Usual over the top reaction from the unionist minded culprits. Unlike them, Naisy puts country first rather than club.

I must buck your trend then OldGorgie. 

Not a unionist in the slightest and Hearts over Scotland everytime. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

As he’s just played his first full game in months, he shouldn’t have been risked. 

Until he is fully fit and managed a run of games he should be nowhere near the Scotland squad.

Sorry, but the more game time he gets, the better for Hearts. We can't wrap him up in cotton wool just in case he gets injured, and that was my thoughts when he got subbed. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Incredible to see how the whole scotland team downed tools when captain Naismith went off and wasn’t bollocking them😂 Inspirational captain and I’m afraid robertson can step aside now and give him the armband.

As for risking injury that’s football and hearts players get injured getting out of bed these past couple of seasons so doesn’t make a difference either way. I’m happy to see him scotland captain and he’s desperate to play at Euro 2020.

17 minutes ago, viva hate said:

Don't think there is an injury. It said on the radio that he was annoyed at being subbed and wanted to play on. He was taken off as a precaution. Hope that's the case! 

thanks for the reply 👍 good news !

14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I must buck your trend then OldGorgie. 

Not a unionist in the slightest and Hearts over Scotland everytime. 

Yep, me too, particularly as Scotland are an even worse watch than Hearts ( :ermm: well, maybe ) at the mo'! Yes, I want Scotland to win every game and, yes, I'll watch a Scotland game and cheer them on if I'm in or around a pub that's showing it at the time, but over the years the GFA have successfully killed-off any real passion or commitment that I ever had for actively following the national team.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

9 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Yep, me too, particularly as Scotland are an even worse watch than Hearts ( :ermm: well, maybe ) at the mo'! Yes, I want Scotland to win every game and, yes, I'll watch a Scotland game and cheer them on if I'm in or around a pub that's showing it at the time, but over the years the GFA have successfully killed-off any real passion or commitment that I ever had for actively following the national team.

Thank goodness Naismith and the other Hearts players who get into the various Scotland squads think the opposite.

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

It's no great secret his body is breaking down and yet he's turning out for a meaningless Scotland match. The club should have stepped in here. 

I’m English so couldn’t care less how scotland do but even I can see how this game is anything but meaningless.  It’s crucial you build some momentum and confidence ahead of the play offs and winning today and next week is the last chance you have.  

7 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Thank goodness Naismith and the other Hearts players who get into the various Scotland squads think the opposite.

:fing10:

41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You can mock. But for folk who grew up watching Scotland from the late 70s on we were the kings of qualifying. Up there with Brazil at one point for qualifying for the most finals in a row (five). What we did when we got there is a different story 😥

We were pretty impressive in the 90s too - we qualified for WC 90, Euro 92, Euro 96 and WC 98 - only missing one major tournament in the whole decade. Breaks my heart that we haven't made one since (though we've been painfully close a few times).

We really do seem to have lost our way recently - we have no credible central defenders and no credible strikers. What's really annoying is how many good players Wales seem to have.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m English so couldn’t care less how scotland do but even I can see how this game is anything but meaningless.  It’s crucial you build some momentum and confidence ahead of the play offs and winning today and next week is the last chance you have.  

Momentum for a 1 off match over 4 months away?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

This!

28 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Naismith is all good!

"Just an awkward movement, I feel fine". 

StirlingJambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not impressed one bit with Clarke. He was hired as someone who can supposedly cope with all the injuries and call-offs and build and motivate a close-knit team from who's left and make poorer players better. No evidence of that at all. Not a single one of the players he's brought in has made a difference and virtually no improvement from the way we played under McLeish. He also came across as very weak with the Tierney situation.

Greg Taylor at LB is ridiculous. Has he even played this season? This was a game to bring in youngsters for a meaningless but still competitive fixture. Hickey is our third best Scottish LB, no question. He can even fit in at RB. Tierney clearly has no interest in being back-up to Robertson so Hickey should be brought in asap, even only to learn from Robertson. Hickey and Fraser down the left would be a decent partnership IMO.

Is there some sort of rule that Scotland can't play teenagers in the first team?

Naisy meanwhile has to be a Scotland manager in waiting if he gets into coaching. We need someone who really loves his country and wants to do well, unlike the shitebags like Fletcher, Tierney and all the others who pick and choose when they turn up for Scotland.

Spot on! Never understood why Scotland wait until a players around 22-23 until they can get a game. Like you said opportunity for players like Hickey and also the young lad Gilmour at Chelsea.

Worthing Jambo

Well done to Stevie in earning his 50th cap👍
Hall of famer.

I’m sure he wants to qualify for next year and be a part of a major international competition for the first time.

Probably on his bucket list and one of the reasons he signed for Hearts.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Once😂

Jeez, talk about patronising! We were one of the best teams in Europe with class players. Dalgliesh, Souness and Jordan to name a few. Full houses at Hampden game after game. Yes 100,000. Taking 30,000 abroad for World Cup finals was the norm. It will return! As I say , support your team and country through tick and thin!

Just now, Worthing Jambo said:

Well done to Stevie in earning his 50th cap👍
Hall of famer.

I’m sure he wants to qualify for next year and be a part of a major international competition for the first time.

Probably on his bucket list and one of the reasons he signed for Hearts.

This with bells on. Good for the Hearts museum and future Hearts fans.

3 minutes ago, Independence said:

Jeez, talk about patronising! We were one of the best teams in Europe with class players. Dalgliesh, Souness and Jordan to name a few. Full houses at Hampden game after game. Yes 100,000. Taking 30,000 abroad for World Cup finals was the norm. It will return! As I say , support your team and country through tick and thin!

👍👍👍👍

Brighton Jambo
41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Momentum for a 1 off match over 4 months away?

You won your last match did you not?  If you then win on Tuesday that’s three wins in a row for the first time in how long?  No offence but when things are are difficult as they are for you guys right now I would be looking at as three game winning streak going into the play-offs as a positive . 

Maiden Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Independence said:

Great post