John Lewis Christmas Advert

Maroon Sailor

Салатные палочки

Hadn't seen it until this morning.  A guy I know put it on Facebook as it's his daughter who is the wee redhead.  He was rightly well proud of the wee one.  

4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Will go down well in England they believe in dragons 

That'll be why there isn't any Unicorns left, the Dragons must have eat them. 😄

As for the advert, good showing as per from John Lewis.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Mac_fae_Gillie
23 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

So what was the gift she gave to #ExcitableEdgar ? Was it the Christmas pudding.

She gave him a purpose(lighting the pud) as he felt alienated, much like Danny did in GoT when she let Drogo burn Kings Landing.

His accidental fireraising will still remain a problem after that lovely Christmas dinner. John Lewis' varied range of items and gifts have failed to offer a solution. 

Forcing him out the village may be an option. That said exile will probably be a mistake as years alone might just build up feelings of resentment and ultimately prove fatal (Smaug esque) .They should kill him on Boxing Day. Greater good and all that.

Edited by Der Kaiser

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

His accidental fireraising will still remain a problem after that lovely Christmas dinner. John Lewis' varied range of items and gifts have failed to offer a solution. 

Forcing him out the village may be an option. That said exile will probably be a mistake as years alone might just build up feelings of resentment and ultimately prove fatal (Smaug esque) .They should kill him on Boxing Day. Greater good and all that.

The bigger issue is the child labour. Why's that wee girl making all the bread?

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

:lol: Never thought folk looked that deep in to a xmas advert. I don’t  think I’m qualified enough to give an opinion on it now😞

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Just watched it as I'm at work with nothing to do. Really like it. Want pet dragon.

Not like your work bud, trust me though, burning it to the ground is not the answer.

3 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

The bigger issue is the child labour. Why's that wee girl making all the bread?

Very true. The village requires detailed investigation. Then again, maybe she's just an annoying wee bitch who has to be a part of everything..........

23 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not like your work bud, trust me though, burning it to the ground is not the answer.

I like my job. I'm literally sat on a sofa with my feet up and I've been here since I booked on at 12:02. Probably going to take my shoes off and have a nap soon.

I just want a dragon. They look fun.

Edited by IronJambo

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I like my job. I'm literally sat on a sofa with my feet up and I've been here since I booked on at 12:02. Probably going to take my shoes off and have a nap soon.

Aaah, a wee Cohiba cigar, it all makes sense.

7 hours ago, IronJambo said:

I just want a dragon. They look fun

Booked on at 12.02?? Guaranteed train driver

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Booked on at 12.02?? Guaranteed train driver

Naw, you lose. Close though, I'm a guard in my day job.

6 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Naw, you lose. Close though, I'm a guard in my day job.

👍My son in law is a driver and he never says 10 or 10.30 always 10.01, 10.28 of the like😌. Plus he spends quite a bit of time booked on while at home

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

👍My son in law is a driver and he never says 10 or 10.30 always 10.01, 10.28 of the like😌. Plus he spends quite a bit of time booked on while at home

I "finished" at 21:12 but I was home for 7 🤣

That’s the worst one yet.  Dull as dishwater and made a terrible song sound even worse too.

Is the moral of the story “sorry I killed yer snowman, ice rink and Christmas decorations, here’s a flaming Christmas pudding for four folk to share amongst the 200 o ye”?

7 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That’s the worst one yet.  Dull as dishwater and made a terrible song sound even worse too.

Is the moral of the story “sorry I killed yer snowman, ice rink and Christmas decorations, here’s a flaming Christmas pudding for four folk to share amongst the 200 o ye”?

You must be dead inside. 

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

You must be dead inside. 

Not at all.  Just felt it was a massive anti-climax.  To balance it up, I actually thought the one a few years with the monster under the bed was genius.

On 16/11/2019 at 12:24, luckyBatistuta said:

Worst one I’ve seen from them and who is singing in it, they are bloody awful.

It was annoying me, too. Had to google.

Bastille lead singer Dan Smith. now I 'm more annoyed I couldn't think who it was.

An old REO Speedwagon song. 

On 16/11/2019 at 12:30, Der Kaiser said:

Or they can take the America stance. Dragons for everyone. That’ll solve the problem. 

On 16/11/2019 at 12:46, luckyBatistuta said:

Miserable #### if you ask me. How many people are at that Christmas dinner, look at the size of it.

Maybe he knows that most normal people don't like christmas pudding.

Horatio Caine
On 16/11/2019 at 13:00, IronJambo said:

Send it up to visit your in laws.

On 16/11/2019 at 23:12, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Perfectly summed up.  The dragon's cute so that'll rope in small children, most burds and dads that don't wear the trousers.

luckyBatistuta
15 hours ago, gjcc said:

Or they can take the America stance. Dragons for everyone. That’ll solve the problem. 

:lol:  This cheered me up way more than the shuteye advert did.

15 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Maybe he knows that most normal people don't like christmas pudding.

Yaaaas, I’m normal😊

4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Send it up to visit your in laws.

Oooft, things will be heating up in the IJ household this Christmas.

Think I'm getting auld.

Couldnt be less interested in Christmas this year and that advert is just shite!

I usually like this time of year too but I just cannot be arsed with it now!

It’s actually quite a sad message and incorporates a mental health story, the dragon is just trying to be liked and get on with everyone, but no matter what he try’s it always goes wrong. This gets him down and he shuts himself away thinking he can’t do right for doing wrong, until his friend the wee girl helps him get over it by giving him a purpose, and highlights the positives of what he can do, when he receives this he then shows others and he is welcomed back into the fold. Every other advert has been about someone receiving a material object to bring them happiness, this one is about someone believing in you and giving you a purpose to get out your house and live your life.

1 hour ago, SectionG said:

It’s actually quite a sad message and incorporates a mental health story, the dragon is just trying to be liked and get on with everyone, but no matter what he try’s it always goes wrong. This gets him down and he shuts himself away thinking he can’t do right for doing wrong, until his friend the wee girl helps him get over it by giving him a purpose, and highlights the positives of what he can do, when he receives this he then shows others and he is welcomed back into the fold. Every other advert has been about someone receiving a material object to bring them happiness, this one is about someone believing in you and giving you a purpose to get out your house and live your life.

Never really understood the term 'mansplaining' until now. Thanks!

3 hours ago, SectionG said:

Meant to add that you are actually wrong too. Previous ads have also had a 'message' or a story to tell.