Rangers away

bigdav

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Was that V Falkirk in the Scottish Cup 1998 perhaps?

Ha! Just about to post that. 

£32 is far too much!

An away fan can get to every EPL game for a MAXIMUM of £30! So that’s games such as;

Man City vs Man Utd

Arsenal vs Spurs 

Chelsea vs Liverpool

all for £2 less than Rangers vs Hearts! 

Obviously Hearts are worth every penny but Sevco / Rangers .....

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

£32 is far too much!

An away fan can get to every EPL game for a MAXIMUM of £30! So that’s games such as;

Man City vs Man Utd

Arsenal vs Spurs 

Chelsea vs Liverpool

all for £2 less than Rangers vs Hearts! 

Obviously Hearts are worth every penny but Sevco / Rangers .....

Bit easier to keep ticket prices down when you have a £5b TV deal.

portobellojambo1
17 hours ago, bigdav said:

Tickets on general sale. Normally a points threshold first so they cant be confident of sellibg them.

I think it may take a few games before or until HMFC start to carry decent supports away from home again. In recent times there were gaps in the away support at Easter Road, a poor following at St Mirren, the smallest away support I can remember being amongst at Livingston and very, very few at Perth. In addition, as has been pointed out trips to the OF aren't the cheapest either, which at this time of year may also have an impact. Like the upcoming game down at Kilmarnock the match at Ibrox is a chance for us to expand further on the way we played at home to St Mirren, both these games coming up are being played on a football park against sides from the SPL and there is absolutely no reason why we cannot approach both games in the say manner we did versus St Mirren. Quite simply fear no one, the same sort of attitude that whoever we eventually appoint as the new first team manager has to have.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Why would anyone want to go there knowing it will be like a training match for Rangers and as soon as they score the game is over. 😩

Sad to say but that’s the way is is when we play the old firm away. 

Just now, rick witter said:

Why would anyone want to go there knowing it will be like a training match for Rangers and as soon as they score the game is over. 😩

I’m not going knowing it will be a training match. If I knew these things in advance, I’d be a very rich man.

They are away to Feyenoord on the Thursday. We have a chance. We always have a chance.

Never been to a Rangers Hearts match at Ibrox since (I think) 1991. Refuse to go. Same with Celtic at Parkhead, 1990 I believe (memory's going) and also Hibs at Easter Road. Said at the time in 1995 that i'd go to matches there (which I had since the early eighties) until we lose a game and never return. Went in 1996 the game after they lost 7-0 at Ibrox and they had built their bookend stands behind each goal, we lost 2-1 (The Eskilsson wonder-miss where he said the noise of the fans put him off) and haven't returned. Went there for two semi's one against St Johnstone in 1998, we lost and against Motherwell in 2004, we lost. Ain't going back.

Have to say that the ticket price of £32 for that game is a bit of piss-take, especially the way we go about things. You'd expect them to cruise it but you never know, they might have an off-day and we could scramble a draw, or they could take their foot off the pedal and if we defend properly, we might be able to keep the score-line down to a reasonable level. Head on line here, i'm going for an early prediction....2-2, goal from Naismith and Walker.

Just now, jambonian said:

Never been to a Rangers Hearts match at Ibrox since (I think) 1991. Refuse to go. Same with Celtic at Parkhead, 1990 I believe (memory's going) and also Hibs at Easter Road. Said at the time in 1995 that i'd go to matches there (which I had since the early eighties) until we lose a game and never return. Went in 1996 the game after they lost 7-0 at Ibrox and they had built their bookend stands behind each goal, we lost 2-1 (The Eskilsson wonder-miss where he said the noise of the fans put him off) and haven't returned. Went there for two semi's one against St Johnstone in 1998, we lost and against Motherwell in 2004, we lost. Ain't going back.

Have to say that the ticket price of £32 for that game is a bit of piss-take, especially the way we go about things. You'd expect them to cruise it but you never know, they might have an off-day and we could scramble a draw, or they could take their foot off the pedal and if we defend properly, we might be able to keep the score-line down to a reasonable level. Head on line here, i'm going for an early prediction....2-2, goal from Naismith and Walker.

Don’t think the Hearts are the team for you, mate. If I never returned to grounds where we were defeated, there would be no away games to go to. 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think it may take a few games before or until HMFC start to carry decent supports away from home again. In recent times there were gaps in the away support at Easter Road, a poor following at St Mirren, the smallest away support I can remember being amongst at Livingston and very, very few at Perth. In addition, as has been pointed out trips to the OF aren't the cheapest either, which at this time of year may also have an impact. Like the upcoming game down at Kilmarnock the match at Ibrox is a chance for us to expand further on the way we played at home to St Mirren, both these games coming up are being played on a football park against sides from the SPL and there is absolutely no reason why we cannot approach both games in the say manner we did versus St Mirren. Quite simply fear no one, the same sort of attitude that whoever we eventually appoint as the new first team manager has to have.

A sell out announced at ER.

1700 at Paisley 

2800 at Livingston 

Can't comment on Perth as like many can't make midweek away games.

Fans have been loyal mostly imo.

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Correct ,,,every game every trip.....

58 minutes ago, Boab said:

Don’t think the Hearts are the team for you, mate. If I never returned to grounds where we were defeated, there would be no away games to go to. 

Oh, I've sat through some awful results against every team, home and away Boab. Been going to Tynie since 1982 and had season tickets for most seasons since 1987 barring the odd one here and there where funds wouldn't allow so Hearts have always been the team for me. The main reason in fact isn't so much losing at Ibrox or Parkhead (everyone does) but more to do with the fact I can't be arsed with the hassle of going through there and getting treated like shite from stewards, their filthy and bigoted fans or police. Losing makes it even less worth while going and hardly inspirational. The Hibs one was meant as tongue-in-cheek at the time (1996) but as it just happened to turn out, I never went back anyway. Can't stand that place down there and quite happy to not give them my hard-earned money. Most times they're on the telly anyway, win, win.

Back on the upcoming Ibrox game, I expect us to lose but i'm hoping we can pull something out the bag and come away with a point. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I’m not going knowing it will be a training match. If I knew these things in advance, I’d be a very rich man.

They are away to Feyenoord on the Thursday. We have a chance. We always have a chance.

I bet Rangers are thinking yesss. 

After a hard game away in Europe it’s only Hearts at home. They will usually fold within 15 mins of kick off!!!!

The whole mentality going there has to change. Hopefully it will under a new manager 👍🏻

18 hours ago, luckydug said:

A sell out announced at ER.

1700 at Paisley 

2800 at Livingston 

Can't comment on Perth as like many can't make midweek away games.

Fans have been loyal mostly imo.

There wasn’t 1700 at Paisley.

On 14/11/2019 at 13:10, portobellojambo1 said:

thought we sold out both Hibs and St Mirren away