Ian Holloway

CloustonHMFC

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Did the thick ******* not blame VAR on brexit?

Don't want him anywhere at Tynie.

Indeed he did, too many headers perhaps? I just looked up and there was a dinosaur on the beach on SSN, how apt.

Not enough facepalms in the world for this thread.

Regurgitate, regurgitate, ad infinitum 

I’d like to see Mickey Flanagan get it. Funnier than that turnip crunching ****!

As if being a ******* smart arse is a tick in the box when it comes to being a football manager.

(Rather him than Robinson though 😀)

Fort Vallance

If we got him after aiming higher it would be a bit like going on a night out and going home with a young lady who might not be the prettiest but it would do the job. Obviously I paraphrase !

6 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

If we got him after aiming higher it would be a bit like going on a night out and going home with a young lady who might not be the prettiest but it would do the job. Obviously I paraphrase !

Getting Holloway would be like aiming for Monica Bellucci and settling on Sonia from Eastenders, you will get your naggins but it's going to turn ugly really quickly once you realise what you have done 

Definite no from me. Took over at Palace from Freedman (see my thoughts on other thread) and admittedly took them up to the Premier League though I think that success was, in the main, due to Freedman. He had put the team together and set them on their way. Holloway was a bombscare in Palace's first season in the Premier League. Out of his depth and admitted so himself. Wasn't long before he left and Pulis came in (hasn't he been mentioned for the Hearts job?!). Would definitely go for Freedman rather than Holloway.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, sac said:

Pretty much at the stage now where every name mentioned so far has been shot down by the KB Directors of Sport.

I think the truth is that at the moment no one has a clue who will be appointed to either of the two jobs to be filled. That includes the press who are just throwing about names of those managers/pundits/other people presently out of work or who have been remotely linked not only with us but with Hibernian in the past and using those names as a means of selling their respective journals/filling up their online space.

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Getting Holloway would be like aiming for Monica Bellucci and settling on Sonia from Eastenders, you will get your naggins but it's going to turn ugly really quickly once you realise what you have done 

Sonia's gorgeous, what's wrong with you? 

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

A Holloway'ism right there .....

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

:laugh: She’d certainly knows how to blow a trumpet. 

Holloway would be a huge gamble in the Robbie and Cathro mould, albeit for different reasons, but I would be highly suspicious of any manager who doesn't apply directly and decides to stake his claim via a "come and get me" through the press.

Absolutely not. Both Warnock and Holloway are journeyman managers and both are terrible. I can't take either seriously. Both are a complete joke IMO.

48 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Reminds me of Strachan with his piss poor analogies... for that reason I’m out!!

I’d rather have Strachan than Holloway!

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I’d rather have Strachan than Holloway!

Strachan would be great if fully committed but I doubt he would ever be able to convince the support that he was indeed fully committed to managing Hearts. Does anyone know if he actually applied? 

Forever Hearts
20 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Absolutely not. Both Warnock and Holloway are journeyman managers and both are terrible. I can't take either seriously. Both are a complete joke IMO.

Makes you wonder how Warnock managed to get all those clubs promoted from one of the toughest leagues in the world if he's a terrible manager. 

Every day is a school day on JKB. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Makes you wonder how Warnock managed to get all those clubs promoted from one of the toughest leagues in the world if he's a terrible manager. 

Every day is a school day on JKB. 

He holds a record for the most promotions in English football with a total of 8 - 3 of which were from the English Championship. I've just taken a quick look at the net spend of each club Warnock managed during the time he held the position at QPR, Cardiff, Sheff Utd, Crystal Palace and Leeds. He had one of the top 3 highest budgets in the league in each of those positions while managing them in the English Championship.

He requires money. He failed at both Leeds and Rotherham when he didn't have cash to splash. He's not right for us and he's 70 years old. We need a younger manager.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/neil-warnock/spielertransfers/trainer/1527