Amazon.

Harry Potter

Ordered a new fish tank, never arrived but received a sharp microwave, where the connection is i dont know.

Maybe the person waiting for the microwave got😊 a fish tank , 

Delivery driver came to the door, i said i never ordered it, should have told him to take it back, but he said could be a gift, 

tbf i was taking in by this.

Anyway needed a new microwave and e-mailed them to say i will keep it deduct the 64.99 from the cost of the tank 112.50

giving a balance of 47.51 back to my bank account.

Got a reply to say once you return tank we will refund 112.50, this lot are hard work, any thoughts on my next move.

Phone them. Their customer service is usually pretty good.

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Phone them. Their customer service is usually pretty good.

Never had to phone them but have returned a couple of items.

The refunds was back in my account within a couple of days.

Excellent service.

Although a lot of people don’t like Amazon from a personal experience I can’t fault them.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Ordered a new fish tank, never arrived but received a sharp microwave, where the connection is i dont know.

Delivery driver came to the door, i said i never ordered it, should have told him to take it back, but he said could be a gift, 

Anyway needed a new microwave and e-mailed them to say i will keep it deduct the 64.99 from the cost of the tank 112.50

Got a reply to say once you return tank we will refund 112.50, this lot are hard work, any thoughts on my next move.

You never signed for anything did you?

The delivery driver could have picked up the wrong item and had you sign for a fish tank

Thoughts and best wishes to the poor bugger with a fridge full of ready meals and a fish tank.

Tossers. 

I had a years free Amazon Prime due to a dispute over an item I bought that was falsely advertised. Last Friday they deducted the cost of a full year from my account as the free year had expired. However my previous plan I paid monthly and have never paid the full year in advance. Phoned to complain and demand my money back and the only option was to cancel so they could refund the cash. Which takes 5 to 7 business days. 

35 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Tossers. 

I had a years free Amazon Prime due to a dispute over an item I bought that was falsely advertised. Last Friday they deducted the cost of a full year from my account as the free year had expired. However my previous plan I paid monthly and have never paid the full year in advance. Phoned to complain and demand my money back and the only option was to cancel so they could refund the cash. Which takes 5 to 7 business days. 

Sounds like a reasonable outcome?

To the OP, the boy suggesting it as a potential gift has done you good and proper!

You could microwave your fish, have a nice wee lunch then return the microwave and cancel the fish tank.

Quids in.

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Send them back the microwave and bill them for £300 of dead fish.

Ha Ha, fish are still in the old tank, ragin that they never got a new home.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Their customer service is second to none, in our experience.

Give them a call, Harry.

Will do mate, they are normally on the ball.

9 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

You shouldn't have to wait until you return the microwave to get a refund. Go back to them and request a refund for the fish tank or delivery of it and advise them they're welcome to collect the microwave at a time that is suitable to you both.

You bought a fish tank and haven't go it. So they need to sort that first and foremost. What they sent you instead is really neither here nor there and it's up to them to arrange to collect it.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You shouldn't have to wait until you return the microwave to get a refund. Go back to them and request a refund for the fish tank or delivery of it and advise them they're welcome to collect the microwave at a time that is suitable to you both.

You bought a fish tank and haven't go it. So they need to sort that first and foremost. What they sent you instead is really neither here nor there and it's up to them to arrange to collect it.

:spoton:

will-i-am-a-jambo

Thought this thread might've been about the Dispatches programme on Channel 4 the other night. Eye-opening stuff! After watching it l'll certainly wouldn't want to shop there ever again.

annushorribilis III
15 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Tell them to come and collect the microwave. It's their problem,they delivered it.  If they haven't sent your fish tank they haven't got a leg to stand on - they can't make delivery of that contingent on anything else. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

20 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Thought this thread might've been about the Dispatches programme on Channel 4 the other night. Eye-opening stuff! After watching it l'll certainly wouldn't want to shop there ever again.

What was it about (apart from Amazon obviously)? Was speaking to a friend yesterday who used to work in their warehouse just outside Dunfermline. Said it was basically slave labour.

will-i-am-a-jambo
5 hours ago, JWL said:

What was it about (apart from Amazon obviously)? Was speaking to a friend yesterday who used to work in their warehouse just outside Dunfermline. Said it was basically slave labour.

Basically yes slave labour, selling goods that contained banned substances (plastic rubber ducks), selling books which promote anorexia,  the lengths they go to to get as much personal info out of everybody via 3rd party website cookies (they target vulnerable people by looking at their social media e.g. People mentioning their depression) and not to mention the 2% tax they paid on their billion of profits although that isn't their fault - that's the governments. They also mentioned the govt allows them to get all this personal info without regulation. The ended it by saying they can glean personal info from products such as Alexa by recording what people ask Alexa. I'm sure there was other stuff but just off the top of my head.