Reserves - Hearts v Hamilton Accies

RobboM

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Match report and comments. Pretty positive and confirms the difference in relative first team experience.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nottheoldfirm.com/match-report/four-things-we-learned-from-hearts-v-hamilton-reserve-clash/amp/

Pretty fair report. Thought Hearts tried to play but game lacked a little bit of zip. Young boys did well, competed and were brave on the ball, 1st and 3rd goals easily preventable, a slip for the 1st and then pushing for a winner leaving them short at back for the 3rd.

Lacking a little bit of quality and composure that will come as you can see the boys have talent.  

Good to see Tony McDonald back, he tired after about an hour but when he was on the ball he tried to lift the pace. 

Best I have seen Henderson play and Moore in 2nd half was good, dictating the game.

Think a draw would have been a fair result,  but well done against a vastly older and more experienced Accies side.

I thought I'd pressed SEND for the full time whistle but was in too much of  a hurry to get a heat 🙂

For me quite an entertaining game, just disappointed for Hearts to lose the winner when Hamilton were reduced to 10 men.

Highlight for me was some of the football when Henderson and the supporting 3 of Smith, Moore and McDonald combined, they played some pinball football on the attack. Problem was they couldn't engineer enough opportunities to show off that combination.

I'd agree with Naisysback that Henderson and Moore were the picks. There is a lot to like about both, shame they haven't shown just what they've got when tried out in the 1sts.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t see that, what was he doing?

Looking like he hasn't been sacked a few days previous and still appearing to be very much involved 

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Looking like he hasn't been sacked a few days previous and still appearing to be very much involved 

He can’t help himself, the sooner his contract runs down the better.

To me on what we have seen so far Moore and Henderson look certainties to get released/sold. Zanetta was better albeit a bit older and could not break through, Morrison could go same way which leaves Smith, McDonald and Mulraney, not sure of younger group but space needs freed up.