• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• superjack

• JudyJudyJudy

• iantjambo

5 hours ago, Superunknown said:

I hate winter. I feel depressed and can't wait until Christmas is over, so I can look forward to spring

Opposite for me.

Absolutely love it here between about October and April.

The May to September bit is too painful, too hot.

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

The sudden appearance of a "YASSSS" is always a joy to see. At work and kept up with last derby on the thread and those two goals were magic, even though I couldn't see them. 

:yas:

22 hours ago, Superunknown said:

I hate winter. I feel depressed and can't wait until Christmas is over, so I can look forward to spring

I’m much the same. I tend to hibernate in the winter, depressing time.

Come the spring/summer and I’m alive again!

20 hours ago, 80bob said:

Love a wee nana nap

Each to their own, I suppose...

60407048_89cbbc1a92_b.jpg

:ohmy:  :whistling:   :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

When it's cold, and you have to get up to answer the phone or the door or something, and you get back into bed, and it is still warm.

:) 

What is?

:wink: 

Mac_fae_Gillie
On 12/11/2019 at 15:38, luckyBatistuta said:

like a bit of Tiffany do we ian 🤔

I love that tune do an Arnie every time its on, which is fairly often as I got lots of 80s best of CDs. Though Moonlight Shadow is my true sin. 

Bridge of Djoum

My wife taking the kids to Boston until Sunday evening. Quiet bliss for the entire weekend. Bought a 12yo MaCallan, all the ingredients to cook up a big Jalfrezi, Football on NBCSN...

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

My wife taking the kids to Boston until Sunday evening. Quiet bliss for the entire weekend. Bought a 12yo MaCallan, all the ingredients to cook up a big Jalfrezi, Football on NBCSN...

Sounds great. Although id have brandy, beer and a madras

Packing the rucksack, crampons and ice axe, heading to Glencoe with a double munro route planned.

3,000 ft views with a fellow munroist or solo ......... not heaven for everyone .....but it is for me.

Edited by Fourcandles

On a nice clear night I get my telescope out and spend a few hours looking at different planets,nebula, sometimes a galaxy or two. When I am looking up there all the crap down on earth is forgotten for a wee while.

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Sounds great. Although id have brandy, beer and a madras

I never took to Brandy.

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

On a nice clear night I get my telescope out and spend a few hours looking at different planets,nebula, sometimes a galaxy or two. When I am looking up there all the crap down on earth is forgotten for a wee while.

That is something I have always wanted to get into. Every now and again, I go online and price up a telescope but worry it would get used once and then dumped in my shed never to be used again.

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, superjack said:

That is something I have always wanted to get into. Every now and again, I go online and price up a telescope but worry it would get used once and then dumped in my shed never to be used again.

I get that. I bought one when I lived in New York, used to take it up onto the roof deck but the light pollution made it pretty much redundant. I still have it in storage so might dig kit out now I live somewhere a little less ''bright''.

10 hours ago, superjack said:

It all depends on where you live and how much to spend, my scope is a basic 8 inch reflector that's good for beginners and cost around £200. I stay out in the country so dont have the light pollution but it is hard to find a lot of objects in the sky. I am saving up for a new one with a sort of gps attached that finds the things for you but will cost about £600 to get one.

39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

giphy.gif

That cat just does life the way it should be done. 

Wish I was a cat. When I left the house this morning my cat was snug under my covers in my bed. When I tried to move her she just looked at me as if to say "move me one more time you will die"

I left her. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 hours ago, Ominous said:

It all depends on where you live and how much to spend, my scope is a basic 8 inch reflector that's good for beginners and cost around £200. I stay out in the country so dont have the light pollution but it is hard to find a lot of objects in the sky. I am saving up for a new one with a sort of gps attached that finds the things for you but will cost about £600 to get one.

No issues with light pollution up here.  On the isle of lewis, about 10 miles away from stornoway. Our village has 3 lamp posts.

jack D and coke

Waking up in the morning. 
There isn’t anything that beats that. 
All sorts of pish going on in the world and things you think matter but if you don’t wake up tomorrow? 
Actually now is a joy of life cos am I going to wake up tonorrow? 
I’ve had some booze the night :lol: 

Spent all weekend working on my new shed. Wired in the electrics, 2 led strip lights, and 3 double sockets, and made a start insulating it. Went to check all the plugs and the lights. The joy I had when I switched the lights on and plugged in my cider fridge.

Just need to finish the insulating and then the dart board can go up.

Governor Tarkin

Taking my wee boy swimming on a Sunday morning then cuddling him in for his afternoon nap. 

Bliss. ❤

Great thread OP.

Салатные палочки
10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Taking my wee boy swimming on a Sunday morning then cuddling him in for his afternoon nap. 

Bliss. ❤

Great thread OP.

Best thing ever. 

This is something I am looking forward to again with my youngest daughter.  She's just too wee for it just now and needs to go to her cot for her naps.  My older two are too old for it now.  My son does everything to avoid even giving me a hug these days, being the awkward teenager and my daughter is at a weird age between wanting to cuddle in and being too big and "mature" for it, although we did have a movie night on Friday with the blanket out, popcorn and sweets.  

One thing I miss big time is when I had my old flat a few years ago and my two oldest would come on a Friday night and we would have a "camp out".  Basically it involved getting the mattresses off the beds (my double and the wee mans single) and making a big bed in the living room, they would get their jammies on and we would put a film on and lie in the big bed with our munchies and then fall asleep after telling stories and playing daft wee games.  

We should all enjoy it while we can because, as the old cliche goes, they grow up fast and pretty soon they won't want to do that anymore.  

Put up the garden Christmas lights on Saturday- hundreds of them , wound around trees, inflatable snowman, then waited for dark before switching them on.

Whisky in hand for the ceremonial switch.

Everything worked perfectly and it looks great

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Put up the garden Christmas lights on Saturday- hundreds of them , wound around trees, inflatable snowman, then waited for dark before switching them on.

tenor.gif

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I love when people do what they like, when they like, might put mine up in solidarity 

To be fair, mine are going up this Sunday. At least its December though (just).

Getting into bed when the electric blanket has heated up.  The best invention ever. Better than any woman.  Well any woman I've been with due to being an ugly bassa.  

14 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Good Lad!

You cannae beat waking up on a cold Sunday Winter's morning next to a warm body knowing you both don't have work to go to. 

Right up to the point when she says "Marv go and put the kettle on"

Edited by Marvin

58 minutes ago, Marvin said:

You cannae beat waking up on a cold Sunday Winter's morning next to a warm body knowing you both don't have work to go to. 

Right up to the point when she says "Marv go and put the kettle on"

Or the wife comes home.......and disturbs the bliss of me and the dog

Climbing into a hot tub in the pissing rain when it’s cold outside. Not my hot tub I add. Not rich enough.

My Mrs treated us to a couple of nights in the Lakes and house had a hit tub.

The feeling of cold rain hitting you when the waters all hot and bubbly is amazing!

When you finally get into Penrith centerparcs, under the trees, in the rain, and are heading down that road beneath the pine trees.

"seatbelts off kids"

I actually feel the stress slipping off

its fabulous

• 1 year later...
Unknown user

It's Sunday morning, I'm sitting next to a sunny window with a view of the Forth, the birds are out, I've got a hot coffee, a pure joint, the Vaselines playing in the background and zero commitments today.

Life's not perfect, but every now and again a slice of perfection lands in your lap.

Morning kickback!

3fingersreid
30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's Sunday morning, I'm sitting next to a sunny window with a view of the Forth, the birds are out, I've got a hot coffee, a pure joint, the Vaselines playing in the background and zero commitments today.

Life's not perfect, but every now and again a slice of perfection lands in your lap.

Morning kickback!

Got to agree , a cold ,crisp ,bright early morning takes some beating 😎

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Got to agree , a cold ,crisp ,bright early morning takes some beating 😎

Aye, car covered in frost barry.