The joys of life

Unknown user

I know there's a thread out there but I can't remember the name. 

Anyway, waking up toasty as anything after the first night with your winter duvet, absolute bliss!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• superjack

• JudyJudyJudy

• iantjambo

Салатные палочки
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Anyway, waking up toasty as anything after the first night with your winter duvet, absolute bliss!

Surely going to sleep all toasty is better than waking up.  That's when the reality hits that you need to get out of bed, unless its the weekend I suppose.  

Continuing the winter theme, putting your clothes on the radiator in the morning so they're nice and hot for putting on when you're out the shower. 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Surely going to sleep all toasty is better than waking up.  That's when the reality hits that you need to get out of bed, unless its the weekend I suppose.  

I am off today actually, maybe I should have added "on a day off"

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Continuing the winter theme, putting your clothes on the radiator in the morning so they're nice and hot for putting on when you're out the shower. 

Oh aye, there it is 

Салатные палочки

On the winter theme.  

A cold, wet Saturday afternoon where you don't have anything to do other than sit in front of Soccer Saturday.  

Listening to the rain rattling off the window from the warmth of your couch.  

A warm cup of tea and some fresh white toast with loads of butter.  

8 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

getting home from work and its dark and cold to find Mrs Spit has been home early and taken the dog for his walk :greggy:

Is the dog also called Spit?   :huh:

nintchdbpict000000617653-e1512463366924.

Anyhow, a great daily pleasure is the first cup of coffee (ground, never instant) after breakfast: wonderful! The second one immediately after is pretty damn' good too.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Having a hot shower after a run in the cold, rain and mud.

Discovering a chocolate bar or other treat in your pocket you'd forgotten you'd bought (getting older has its benefits).

Reading in the news about acts of true human kindness.

Sipping a nice glass of red wine with a friend, watching a movie that turns out to be bad in a really amusing way (the movie, not the friend) - unexpected and unintended laughs are the best.

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Roasting a monster drive straight down the middle of the fairway. So satisfying.

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

That and that it's now cold enough to justify having the underfloor heating on more or less all the time in the bathroom, no more cold tiles in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Getting out in the car on my own and just cruising along and listening to music of my own choice. 

Even better at night.

like a bit of Tiffany do we ian 🤔

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Is the dog also called Spit?   :huh:

nintchdbpict000000617653-e1512463366924.

Anyhow, a great daily pleasure is the first cup of coffee (ground, never instant) after breakfast: wonderful! The second one immediately after is pretty damn' good too.

Fresh ground every time or gtf, I love my coffee ritual

24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Hand ground, I hope.

Depends on how bad the shoulder is, of course you want to feel the satisfying grind but on sore days like today I chuck it in the electric one 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Depends on how bad the shoulder is, of course you want to feel the satisfying grind but on sore days like today I chuck it in the electric one 

There is nothing better than a satisfying grind, granted, but we'll let you off with the occasional electric use (cheeky of me given I use pre-ground coffee, the Philistine that I am - my taste buds can't tell the difference unfortunately). Sorry to hear that your shoulder's giving you gyp.

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There is nothing better than a satisfying grind, granted, but we'll let you off with the occasional electric use (cheeky of me given I use pre-ground coffee, the Philistine that I am - my taste buds can't tell the difference unfortunately). Sorry to hear that your shoulder's giving you gyp.

Woke up one day 3 years ago and stretched, led to a subluxation that's never got fully better.

But that's life eh?

42 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Afternoon nap on the couch, heating on, blanket and the cats curled up next to me

Nap's on the couch are lethal! You can easy lose 4 hours of your day!

3 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I hate winter. I feel depressed and can't wait until Christmas is over, so I can look forward to spring

Get a lightbox and take vitamin d mate, it can be a tough fight at this time of year.

5 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I hate winter. I feel depressed and can't wait until Christmas is over, so I can look forward to spring

Oh, and I was reading today that Kim Thayil reckons they were working on a new album when Chris died and they should have enough from demos to put it out with a bit of work 👍

Always get fitter during the winter time as my drinking is much less and I find myself enjoying the gym far more with the prospect of a good sauna/steam afterwards

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

I am off today actually, maybe I should have added "on a day off"

All of the above you said but also when it’s blowing a gale and the rain is hammering on the window.  

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Oh, and I was reading today that Kim Thayil reckons they were working on a new album when Chris died and they should have enough from demos to put it out with a bit of work 👍

👍 nice one mate. I'll keep a look out

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

like a bit of Tiffany do we ian 🤔

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Nowt wrong with a bit of Tiffany 😂

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

All grown up now 

👀

👁

2F95F929-60D9-4241-ADEA-5B2BF6C88DBD.jpeg

Children, behave

Craig Gordons Gloves

Waking up before everyone else and watching the sun rise over the lake with just the sound of nature and a good cup of brewed coffee.  This applied year round.  Even when it's -20f outside.

Edited by Craig Gordons Gloves

A nice peaceful walk with the wife and the dog up at the  Pentland reservoirs on a crisp day 

Sitting on a beach hearing the waves break on the sand 

And plain old silence , the loudest noise of all 

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Afternoon nap on the couch, heating on, blanket and the cats curled up next to me

You just cannae whack a nap. Best thing about middle age by a feckin mile

13 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Hearing my wife's alarm go off for work in the morning when it's my day off.

Bye bye, enjoy your day :lol:

One of my guilty pleasures, then jumping up, and easing into breakfast knowing I can catch up on the Z's later if necessary. 

It's great knowing the day is just yours👍🏻

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’ve never experienced what you’re  describing but the days start to get longer after 21 December so focus on that if it helps. 

:thumbsup:

Waking up from a nice warm bed, getting dressed for work then having to scrape the ice off your car windows. Can't beat it, makes me want to sleep again so i can get up and do it all over again...

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Reading the Kickback match day thread and finding out there are no injury problems...……………...bliss

Been a while though

The sudden appearance of a "YASSSS" is always a joy to see. At work and kept up with last derby on the thread and those two goals were magic, even though I couldn't see them.