Freedman

lou

Tennant's  6's
8 minutes ago, lou said:

Reported to be interested, that's a no brainer for me should have got the job last time round

Definitely,  although I thought that he was 'back home' at Palace?

Certainly cane across well when he spoke to radio Scotland a couple of yrs ago

11 minutes ago, lou said:

Reported to be interested, that's a no brainer for me should have got the job last time round

I would need to have look over his clubs he ha managed and remind myself what he has done in management 

27 minutes ago, lou said:

What makes him a no brainer for the job??

Never got the love in for him before.

Managers with far better track records are dismissed by many here. Yet Freedman seems to be a great choice as he talks a good game. 

I talk a pretty good game. Where do I find an application form?

Compare his record to Robinson at Motherwell, who knows the league, has operated a tight budget, broken in youths etc...

I don't think Robinson is our man. But objectively looking at the two, I can't see why Freedman is so highly rated.

I'm sure there are some cracking CVs in the mix. But money and potential managers demands will be a huge deciding factor.

18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Was unemployed when we were last looking and is so again this time...Coincidence?

He's the sporting director at Crystal Palace. Certain in a job and actually quite a good one. 

My Palace supporting colleague speaks very highly of him.

Thought Police
31 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Was unemployed when we were last looking and is so again this time...Coincidence?

God, do a little research before you just guess eh?

47 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Never got the love in for him before.

Managers with far better track records are dismissed by many here. Yet Freedman seems to be a great choice as he talks a good game. 

I talk a pretty good game. Where do I find an application form?

Compare his record to Robinson at Motherwell, who knows the league, has operated a tight budget, broken in youths etc...

I don't think Robinson is our man. But objectively looking at the two, I can't see why Freedman is so highly rated.

I'm sure there are some cracking CVs in the mix. But money and potential managers demands will be a huge deciding factor.

Sorry mate applications closed on Friday.

11 minutes ago, Homme said:

Graham Alexander goes near the top of my list. 

No thanks, ive had enough of watching this....

Big boot, long ball, none league style dross from Salford... I'd hate to have to watch that crap week in, week Out... Yes they did most of the pressing in the 1st half but it should have been 0-0 bar the goal keeping error.. Once Crewe got out of 1st gear and actually played with some urgency Salford didn't stand a chance... Out footballed by a superior team in the end...end of...

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We were delighted with the prospect of him last time

On a worse position now I am not sure why we still wouldn’t be pleased with him as manager.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Not if you invent him being unemployed, then no it’s not a coincidence ...

2 hours ago, lou said:

"He should have taken the job the last time".

He turned it down to go to Crystal Palace. So we got Levein. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Is that what happened? According to some he was only on a shortlist and pulled out of the running after getting a solid offer of SD from Palace.

Interesting. He is a legend at Palace from his playing days. Managed them in the Championship and was doing well (play-off places) in 2013-14 season before falling out with the owners and then going to Bolton. Didn't really push on from there and has ended up back at Palace as Sporting Director. As a Palace season ticket holder I think the jury is out in terms of him at the moment. Decent signings have been few and far between in recent seasons but that may be down to the American owners not shelling out cash and Steve Parish focusing on infrastructure (new training academy) rather than players on the park. Financial Fair Play rules may also come into it. Also not sure what his relationship with Roy Hodgson is like. So news of his interest in Hearts may not be that far-fetched.

38 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I doubt we could match has current salary

If he's thrown his hat in the ring then surely he'll have an idea and be reasonably happy with what we're offering. I could of course be completely wrong.

What’s Freedmans record like? 

I know Alexander has pretty much had his sides in the play offs most seasons albiet at a Shan level. 

A name that has not been mentioned this time is Billy Davies. 

Was he not close to getting it the last time but he wanted full control of the footballing side of things and didn't want to work with Levein as DOF.? 

Now CL is not involved, allegedly anyway 😏 could he now be a possibility? 

Don't like the guy much as he comes across as an arrogant wee tosser and don't even know where is these days. 

Thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

A name that has not been mentioned this time is Billy Davies. 

Was he not close to getting it the last time but he wanted full control of the footballing side of things and didn't want to work with Levein as DOF.? 

Now CL is not involved, allegedly anyway 😏 could he now be a possibility? 

Don't like the guy much as he comes across as an arrogant wee tosser and don't even know where is these days. 

Thoughts? 

Billy Davies is a paranoid weirdo. Wouldn’t want him near the club. 

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Billy Davies is a paranoid weirdo. Wouldn’t want him near the club. 

I personally wouldn't want him either but the question is would the club look at him again? 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

46 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What’s Freedmans record like? 

I know Alexander has pretty much had his sides in the play offs most seasons albiet at a Shan level. 

His record at Palace doesn't look great - 32 games won, 27 drawn, and 31 lost.

What I remember of his first season is boring games, lots of draws, and a mid-table finish. But then he brought in Zaha as a regular starter, Yannick Bolassie on the other wing, Glen Murray up front and the 2012-13 season took off before he left for Bolton. Also forgot that he managed Nottm Forest after Bolton but didn't do much there.

(48) Dougie Freedman 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland 2011 2012 90 32 27 31 35.56

• redm changed the title to Freedman
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I personally wouldn't want him either but the question is would the club look at him again? 

I hope not and I’d also highly doubt it. I don’t think Ann would entertain a man who’s had Tommy Sheridan’s Arabian goggles on his coupon. 🤷🏼‍♂️

49 minutes ago, David Bennett said:

What I remember of his first season is boring games, lots of draws, and a mid-table finish. But then he brought in Zaha as a regular starter, Yannick Bolassie on the other wing, Glen Murray up front and the 2012-13 season took off before he left for Bolton. Also forgot that he managed Nottm Forest after Bolton but didn't do much there.

(48) Dougie Freedman 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland 2011 2012 90 32 27 31 35.56

Pretty shite then and he’s not had a gig in years. 

Next...

kingantti1874
50 minutes ago, David Bennett said:

50% win ratio is pretty good actually.. I don’t know what kind of football dougie freeman plays. 

Worth considering, his coaching and man management seem to be considered to be pretty good and it's worth remembering that his last two jobs were at basket case clubs in Forest and Bolton. Sometimes circumstances mask ability.

Brendan Rodgers for example, has always been considered to be a fantastic coach, but his first two jobs in management at Watford and Reading were pretty poor overall in relation to results.

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

50% win ratio is pretty good actually.. I don’t know what kind of football dougie freeman plays. 

A 50% win ratio? 🤨

Played 90

Won 32

Draw 27

Lost 31 

Win ratio = 35.56%

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm going to be a dick.

How can you possibly say yes or no to each candidate until you have heard what their plan is?

What looks good on a CV rarely translates into interview. If he is in for the Sporting Director role, I would be amazed, dropping a club in its best position for years to come to a Scottish team.

Seems a bit of a non story to me

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don’t think he was offered it.   We spent weeks interviewing people, only to discover the best person for the job was the interviewer. 

Meanwhile, during the process he was offered the Palace job.  

Pasquale for King

He was maybe of a mind that he would take over from

Hodgson at some point, two years on he’s still there and it would be a huge drop in wages for him,  to come up here even for an interview and jeopardise his current job would be daft.

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I hope not and I’d also highly doubt it. I don’t think Ann would entertain a man who’s had Tommy Sheridan’s Arabian goggles on his coupon. 🤷🏼‍♂️

😅

I will be honest and say that Freedman is a name that interests me,he turned Palace around from a massively underachieving club brought through some good players and built the excitement about the club. He built the base from which they were promoted.We cant judge any manager on their failure with Nottingham Forest as they are bonkers.Boltin also went through managers at an alarming rate and some decent managers failed there.

my first choice would be Stendel,simply because the way he sets up teams and wants to play but Freedman is an interesting option 

King Of The Cat Cafe

Would be some cracking singing in the changing rooms at halftime if Friedman was appointed.

Scott Wilson could play "Rocking Chair" as the teams go out and finish with "Lucky Stars" after every victory over Hibs.

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

I will be honest and say that Freedman is a name that interests me,he turned Palace around from a massively underachieving club brought through some good players and built the excitement about the club. He built the base from which they were promoted.We cant judge any manager on their failure with Nottingham Forest as they are bonkers.Boltin also went through managers at an alarming rate and some decent managers failed there.

my first choice would be Stendel,simply because the way he sets up teams and wants to play but Freedman is an interesting option 

I was making this point to some of my mates in our WhatsApp group earlier. It may be that his true ability has been obscured because both Forest and Bolton were a shambles before he went there and have continued to be a shambles after he left. If he's interested in the job, it may be a gamble worth taking if he interviews well.

13 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Except he is not unemployed this time. 

One  of the better applicants I would say.