North Coast 500

EH11_2NL

1 hour ago, moshy said:

I bought two fish suppers out of there  2 weeks ago for £10.50 each, although they did have the £12.50 option. Big fish and enough chips freshly cooked while I waited. If i had known the fish was that big I would have bought one and we could have shared it. Better than a fish that has been lying in a cabinet for hours like happens in Edinburgh for example.

Fair do's we had a gritter end up in a ditch trying to get past vehicles parked in passing places completely blocking the road then had to wait on a tractor pulling the gritter out,  the police arrived and ticketed the offending vehicles 😁

Completely different experience to the one I had last summer during the lockdown.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pans Jambo

• ri Alban

• yvonnejambo

• highlandjambo3

yvonnejambo
On 07/03/2022 at 21:11, Pans Jambo said:

Agree with this. 

DO NOT GO TO THE CHIP SHOP IN THE TOWN CENTRE!!!!

Its a bloody rip off tourist trap and the food is shite with a choice of around 6 items! Think its about £12+ for a fish supper & that was a year ago!

I dont know how they do it but its got the feel of a shitehole in Blackpool. 

The front Chippy is good but the Seaforth pub and chippy round the corner is a rip off. Used to be a locals place but now only tourists go there. 
For decent not overly priced meals the club house at the golf course is the place to go. Seafood shack is also great as said above. 

14 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

The front Chippy is good but the Seaforth pub and chippy round the corner is a rip off. Used to be a locals place but now only tourists go there. 
For decent not overly priced meals the club house at the golf course is the place to go. Seafood shack is also great as said above. 

Yeah its the Seaforth pub with the chippy next door I was talking about. Used to be a half decent pub too but most folk were buying suppers and eating them in there. Felt weird. 

Angry Haggis

Places I stayed in May last year, we went anti-clockwise for nc-500, motor biking:

day 1: Edinburgh to Inverness/Muir of Ord - stayed in Bank Hotel, not an actual hotel but serviced rooms/apartment in old bank building. 
day 2: Muir of Ord > John O Groats > Dunnet Bay - stayed in Northern Sands Hotel 

day 3: Dunnet Bay > Durness - stayed in Drumbeg Hotel

day 4: Durness > Gairloch - stayed in Gairloch Hotel 

day 5: Gairloch > Inverness (via applecross), stayed in Pentahotel. 

There was four of us - each stop we had a room each and budgeted £150 per stop for board, breakfast and dinner, pretty much managed that out on average. 

I would recommend all the places above - no issues and would stay in each again, apart from the Penta hotel in Inverness - bit modern and soulless. 

get out and do it - the roads/scenery is amazing. Just need to luck out on the weather.