Celtic FC - A National Disgrace

JJ93

The press and mainstream media are too frightened to address the elephant in the room for fear of rocking the (mainly) west coast boat.

They've had their eyes shut and fingers in their ears for decades in the vain hope that it will go away.

It won't and never will , and an independent Scotland won't be solving it either.

All Jock Tamsons bairns my arse

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Stephane Grappelli

Just now, luckydug said:

It's a matter of personal choice surely.

Can't be bothered with the Poppy facists that appear at this time of year.

Personally speaking I am proud to buy and wear my poppy but that's my choice.

The two world wars are now becoming history soon everyone who sacrificed will be dead.

Some people view  the poppy as a political stunt. 

Sadly, it is political. Only today, Labour and the Tories announced plans to aid veterans. If there wasn’t an election, I’d doubt if anything would have been said.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Sadly, it is political. Only today, Labour and the Tories announced plans to aid veterans. If there wasn’t an election, I’d doubt if anything would have been said.

Agree entirely.

Gets on my nerves the way forces and other charities try and guilt trip ordinary people with TV ads.  When their pleas would be unnecessary if the government ( of whatever shade) would face up to their responsibilities.

It's the politicians who send forces off to war it is they who should foot the bill not the honest Joe who is struggling anyway.

4 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And to think just the other day loads of so called Hearts fans on this forum where defending them over the Rome Trouble

Hearts fans for you though I.L.

Very selective in their opinions. 

2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Hearts fans for you though I.L.

Very selective in their opinions. 

I'd prefer to call it open minded.

Unlike some.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, dannymack said:

The last truth is the 'get out of jail card' for some.

Screenshot_20191111_011702.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_011724.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_011853.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_011911.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_011936.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_012000.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_012015.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_012030.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_012157.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_012214.jpg

Screenshot_20191111_012234.jpg

I believe that that quite succinctly answers most if not all the questions people may have about the Poppy at this time of year.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'd prefer to call it open minded.

Unlike some.

Selective or open minded regardless, the Celtic institution is a horrible and disgusting one, they have inflicted misery over 'our' football club for many years with very little returned in the name of revenge, the innocent fans who adopt the three monkeys stance over many issues that hang over 'their' great club are just as bad, the powerful club they claim to be cannot handle a group that continually bring the name of their wonderful club into disrepute. 

For me all the more reason to despise every single ounce that relates itself to them.

For the record they don't live rent free in my head.

Bridge of Djoum

They spend the last 2 weeks railing against Fascist behavior by Lazio fans... then sing songs about ''**** your poppy", a symbol of respect for those who defeated Fascism.

They just don't get it. 

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I believe that that quite succinctly answers most if not all the questions people may have about the Poppy at this time of year.

There will always be an ' ah but ' 😩

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Show me a video of Celtic Park booing the song.....

This isn't Alexa... go look yourself.

4 hours ago, Crete said:

Celtic fans  are attention seekers  always trying to be controversial it’s time for us all to ignore this waste of space scum that they are.

Ashamed of nothing offended by everything.

21 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Probably the best post on this thread.

13 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

This isn't Alexa... go look yourself.

Hahaha soz alexa. My point was more in jest. In this day and age of people videoing everything, am surprised the papers haven’t picked up on this said booooooooo’ing. 

Fort Vallance
5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Noticed a few Hibs players didn't have a poppy on their shirts. Haven't seen the Celtic shirts so can't comment.

Watched West From and Stoke last week. Only one player without a poppy shirt. No prizes for guessing.

22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I’ve no idea why people choose to get wound up about it anymore.  It’s old news that they’re scum. 

I had never heard them do this before which is why I started the thread.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, JJ93 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4938654/celtic-green-brigade-boycott-silence-remembrance-poppy-chant/

The best fans in the world? A British football team?

Let us also never forget that Ireland remained ‘neutral’ in the War. Unfathomable. 

This is a shocking example of how tribal, robotic and deeply irrational football ‘attendees’ can be. Sickening. 

The term British football team applies to two specific Olympic teams, go google it. As for Celtic ever being described as this its a joke, foreign owners/players/managers/fans, just like most of the teams in the EPL. 
They are a disgrace though, thousands of Irish died in WWI&II including my grandad and a bit of respect for them at least wouldn’t go amiss.

2 hours ago, farin said:

Bang on the money 100% there but I’d drop the “wonderful “. 

😆 I was being sarcastic using those words of description... Through gritted teeth 👍

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Can we question how much money General Haig and his family have made in the last 100 years from jobs etc?

Does everyone know that you buy the tins and poppies from them for a certain amount and keep the money you collect?
Does everyone know that military charities have £327m in the bank doing nothing to help the people they allegedly support?

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can we question how much money General Haig and his family have made in the last 100 years from jobs etc?

Does everyone know that you buy the tins and poppies from them for a certain amount and keep the money you collect?
Does everyone know that military charities have £327m in the bank doing nothing to help the people they allegedly support?

I thought Haig family had nothing to do with poppies anymore? I know my old grandad detested the Poppy appeal when it was the Earl Haig fund but thought that had stopped years ago

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Not for celtic fans, ( don't know if it's the club or just the green brigade ) apparently they have a problem with mith no:2, if the poppy was worn only to remember ww1 and ww2 they would happily wear one but because it now includes all conflicts, including the Irish troubles they won't wear one.

Odd bunch.

Clark Griswold
6 hours ago, Rousset1 said:

I like Celtic fans.

Their obvious presence gives me something to laugh at when I'm out and about in Glasgow.

Don’t forget when at the airport. Never fail to see a FKW at either Edinburgh or Glasgow.

7 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Every year the same thing happens and the same faux outrage. 

Yup. Same old same old.

They'll never change and we shouldn't expect them to.

gorgie rd eh11
54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you not read what you quoted?

9 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Away from the actual subject, all the "hoops" chat in articles about them bugs me. Even in a negative story, its all pally vernacular.

I agree. The same publication regularly refers to Hearts as Jambos.

9 hours ago, JJ93 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4938654/celtic-green-brigade-boycott-silence-remembrance-poppy-chant/

Let us also never forget that Ireland remained ‘neutral’ in the War. Unfathomable. 

This is a shocking example of how tribal, robotic and deeply irrational football ‘attendees’ can be. Sickening. 

No great lover of the Irish... but firstly there were two wars fought in the 20th century and in the first of those wars a lot of very brave Irishmen gave their lives. The second some 800 odd soldiers from Ireland broke their country's law and fought against Hitler's regime.

AngleParkMenace
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is that a fact? I’ve seen the same people selling poppies for years. I thought they were just volunteering but if they’ve bought the box and keep the money in the tin that’s shocking

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, AngleParkMenace said:

Is that a fact? I’ve seen the same people selling poppies for years. I thought they were just volunteering but if they’ve bought the box and keep the money in the tin that’s shocking

Indeed it is, I checked all the boxes I could in the Gorgie area ( I know a lot of the workers) to check. They don’t put the names on them now but it’s still them that collect it . It is disgusting and I’ve told as many folk as I can without getting myself in trouble. 

10 hours ago, JJ93 said:

No great lover of the Irish... but firstly there were two wars fought in the 20th century and in the first of those wars a lot of very brave Irishmen gave their lives. The second of those wars saw some 800 odd soldiers from Ireland,  out of the many thousands who joined the British army brake and their country's law's,  die fighting against Hitler's regime. So don't knock the individual Irishman!

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed it is, I checked all the boxes I could in the Gorgie area ( I know a lot of the workers) to check. They don’t put the names on them now but it’s still them that collect it . It is disgusting and I’ve told as many folk as I can without getting myself in trouble. 

****ing hell!! 
Absolutely everything is a total piss take these days it seems. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If what you're posting here is the truth, why would you get into trouble?  And trouble from whom?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I thought Haig family had nothing to do with poppies anymore? I know my old grandad detested the Poppy appeal when it was the Earl Haig fund but thought that had stopped years ago

I think if you try to find out online where the offices are it’s different from the boxes, I think the family is still involved but haven’t checked register house where it might confirm it or not. Unfortunately most charities have issues that put people off, Save the Children have had a few controversies itself over the years.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Maple Leaf said:

If what you're posting here is the truth, why would you get into trouble?  And trouble from whom?

Will DM you.

Stephane Grappelli
9 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I deplore the twisted, nonsensical antics of the Green Brigade. But as the poem about Glasgow sectarianism says: 'deplore what is to be deplored and then find out the rest'

I noticed in the article that the Green Brigade were booed by Celtic fans from all the other sections of the ground. Good.

We have idiots who sing loyalist songs that have no relevance whatsoever to HMFC. But we would never claim that all Hearts fans, or HMFC in general, are loyalists (whatever that means; after more than half a century going to Tynecastle I still have no idea). Let's not pretend that the Green Brigade represent Celtic.

To be clear, Celtic fans died fighting alongside our parents and grandparents in all kinds of conflicts, or as civilians (e.g. in the Clydebank blitz) and we will remember them, including today at 11.00, just as the vast majority of those at Parkhead remembered yesterday.

Great post. Someone with common sense and a bit of perspective.

Stephane Grappelli
8 hours ago, phoenix said:

The offensive banners, flares and poppy debacle I get. But what's wrong with going to mass at the Vatican 😮

I was wondering that myself.  Some of the posts on this thread are embarrassing.

51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think if you try to find out online where the offices are it’s different from the boxes, I think the family is still involved but haven’t checked register house where it might confirm it or not. Unfortunately most charities have issues that put people off, Save the Children have had a few controversies itself over the years.

Poppy Scotland is 'owned' by The British Legion. 

AlphonseCapone
10 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I deplore the twisted, nonsensical antics of the Green Brigade. But as the poem about Glasgow sectarianism says: 'deplore what is to be deplored and then find out the rest'

I noticed in the article that the Green Brigade were booed by Celtic fans from all the other sections of the ground. Good.

We have idiots who sing loyalist songs that have no relevance whatsoever to HMFC. But we would never claim that all Hearts fans, or HMFC in general, are loyalists (whatever that means; after more than half a century going to Tynecastle I still have no idea). Let's not pretend that the Green Brigade represent Celtic.

To be clear, Celtic fans died fighting alongside our parents and grandparents in all kinds of conflicts, or as civilians (e.g. in the Clydebank blitz) and we will remember them, including today at 11.00, just as the vast majority of those at Parkhead remembered yesterday.

Great post.

2 hours ago, AngleParkMenace said:

I can assure you when my mum sold poppies she never kept a penny. All money went to the Earl Haig fund(as it was called). I find it absolutely unbelievable that people collecting keep the money, in fact I know for a fact they don't

One difference between our fans and theirs, is that they tend to close ranks when there is any negative stories about their club’s supporters. They recognise the power of good PR. We shout out bigots down and speak out against them more. 

I’ll leave you all to draw your own conclusions about whether that’s a good or bad thing.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It's worrying that people will believe the absolute garbage you are spouting. 

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I can assure you when my mum sold poppies she never kept a penny. All money went to the Earl Haig fund(as it was called). I find it absolutely unbelievable that people collecting keep the money, in fact I know for a fact they don't

I think it will be extremely sad if it is a myth, and because it is getting publicly perpetuated, it causes a drop in collections. Hope folk are being very clear about what they are saying.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic