Celtic FC - A National Disgrace

JJ93

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4938654/celtic-green-brigade-boycott-silence-remembrance-poppy-chant/

The best fans in the world? A British football team?

Let us also never forget that Ireland remained ‘neutral’ in the War. Unfathomable. 

This is a shocking example of how tribal, robotic and deeply irrational football ‘attendees’ can be. Sickening. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Stephane Grappelli

Tom English’s criticism of them over this has drawn exactly the sort of response you would expect...

*grind... clunk... click*

The Great Celtic PR Machine starts up in earnest.

The Greatest Fans in the World.

They get credit surely for doing the silence.

Don't remember them doing that previously. A few people disrupting it isn't surprising. No one disrupted it last year at Livingston. 

Those waiting to take their seats is fairly low key protest. 

Edited by Mikey1874

"Minutes silence observed impeccably", Nothing to see here. Move along please.

Despicable and ignored by mainstream media. As it always was and will be.

I agree about the silent protest, absolutely their right to do so. Find it a bit ironic that they complain about politicising the poppy when it’s their actions that are doing that. Good to hear that some of their fans booed the poppy up yer arse song though. 

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Don't remember them doing that previously. A few people disrupting it isn't surprising. No one disrupted it last year at Livingston. 

Why would you give credit for something that should just be done out of respect ?

Its just part of being a decent human being.....they are complete filth.

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Credit for acting like respectful human beings? Ok. 🙄

Away from the actual subject, all the "hoops" chat in articles about them bugs me. Even in a negative story, its all pally vernacular.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Credit for acting like respectful human beings? Ok. 🙄

Peter Lawwell and the board decided to have a minutes silence at Celtic Park.

When was the last one there? 

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Peter Lawwell and the board decided to have a minutes silence at Celtic Park.

When was the last one there? 

Probably the "bloostained poppy" banner episode when Lawwell promised a full investigation. That was umpteen years ago and we're still waiting on the results of Peter's investigation. He's a busy man I suppose. 

Ex member of the SaS

Noticed a few Hibs players didn't have a poppy on their shirts. Haven't seen the Celtic shirts so can't comment.

kingantti1874

Anti Facists boo remembrance for Men and women who died fighting Facism..

they are a parody of themselves .. filth!! 

Italian Lambretta
45 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4938654/celtic-green-brigade-boycott-silence-remembrance-poppy-chant/

The best fans in the world? A British football team?

Let us also never forget that Ireland remained ‘neutral’ in the War. Unfathomable. 

This is a shocking example of how tribal, robotic and deeply irrational football ‘attendees’ can be. Sickening. 

And to think just the other day loads of so called Hearts fans on this forum where defending them over the Rome Trouble

Last week they’ve went to mass in the Vatican, flew offensive banners and sang offensive songs in Italy, set off flares and now had their annual disgrace over the poppy. I doubt it’ll be the main talking point on sportsound tonight tho..........any update on that made up racist story from tynie? The press are as guilty for allowing this to happen as the Celtic fans themselves. The fake outrage over “alleged” racism boils my blood when they down right ignore religious intolerance weekly. Not one of them has the balls to say anything. You can hate who ever you like in a football ground in Scotland as long as you only hate them due to their religion or their religious beliefs but you can’t do the same to someone due to the colour of their skin. Strange place Scottish football. 

I deplore the twisted, nonsensical antics of the Green Brigade. But as the poem about Glasgow sectarianism says: 'deplore what is to be deplored and then find out the rest'

I noticed in the article that the Green Brigade were booed by Celtic fans from all the other sections of the ground. Good.

We have idiots who sing loyalist songs that have no relevance whatsoever to HMFC. But we would never claim that all Hearts fans, or HMFC in general, are loyalists (whatever that means; after more than half a century going to Tynecastle I still have no idea). Let's not pretend that the Green Brigade represent Celtic.

To be clear, Celtic fans died fighting alongside our parents and grandparents in all kinds of conflicts, or as civilians (e.g. in the Clydebank blitz) and we will remember them, including today at 11.00, just as the vast majority of those at Parkhead remembered yesterday.

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

any update on that made up racist story from tynie?

You won’t hear a thing. 

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Noticed a few Hibs players didn't have a poppy on their shirts. Haven't seen the Celtic shirts so can't comment.

Hooped demons and Motherwell had nothing on their shirts. Not a criticism, just an observation. These things can get messy and pretty disrespectful.

Celtic fans especially the green brigade are just the scummiest club scummiest fans in the world the Celtic fans are quick to take the British pound which has the queen on it I absolutely hate them what they mean board does nothing 

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Hooped demons and Motherwell had nothing on their shirts. Not a criticism, just an observation. These things can get messy and pretty disrespectful.

Some Motherwell players wore a shirt with a poppy on it

Wouldn't expect it from that filthy lot with the hoops on though.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Some Motherwell players wore a shirt with a poppy on it

Declan Gallagher's "fell off" apparently. 🙄

They are a disgrace. However they just want attention which we shouldn't give them. Them and James McClean every year. Same debate. Best to ignore them I think. This stuff and all their political nonsense on bits of paper in daft wee fonts should be silenced.

Edited by Cwapsy

35 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I deplore the twisted, nonsensical antics of the Green Brigade. But as the poem about Glasgow sectarianism says: 'deplore what is to be deplored and then find out the rest'

I noticed in the article that the Green Brigade were booed by Celtic fans from all the other sections of the ground. Good.

We have idiots who sing loyalist songs that have no relevance whatsoever to HMFC. But we would never claim that all Hearts fans, or HMFC in general, are loyalists (whatever that means; after more than half a century going to Tynecastle I still have no idea). Let's not pretend that the Green Brigade represent Celtic.

To be clear, Celtic fans died fighting alongside our parents and grandparents in all kinds of conflicts, or as civilians (e.g. in the Clydebank blitz) and we will remember them, including today at 11.00, just as the vast majority of those at Parkhead remembered yesterday.

Our bigots don't hold any power over the board. Their bigots have carte blanche to act as they please.

1 minute ago, Iconic Idiot said:

Our bigots don't hold any power over the board. Their bigots have carte blanche to act as they please.

you obviously know much more about this than I do. It's twenty five to eleven. I'm out.

4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Every year the same thing happens and the same faux outrage. 

This. 

Its not even worth talking about. 

Celtic fans  are attention seekers  always trying to be controversial it’s time for us all to ignore this waste of space scum that they are.

Celtic fans on Thursday = "down with facism!!"

Celtic fans at the weekend = facists

In other words, these plebs are not worth even talking about. They don't know what they're doing.

I like Celtic fans.

Their obvious presence gives me something to laugh at when I'm out and about in Glasgow.

9 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Last week they’ve went to mass in the Vatican, flew offensive banners and sang offensive songs in Italy, set off flares and now had their annual disgrace over the poppy. I doubt it’ll be the main talking point on sportsound tonight tho..........any update on that made up racist story from tynie? The press are as guilty for allowing this to happen as the Celtic fans themselves. The fake outrage over “alleged” racism boils my blood when they down right ignore religious intolerance weekly. Not one of them has the balls to say anything. You can hate who ever you like in a football ground in Scotland as long as you only hate them due to their religion or their religious beliefs but you can’t do the same to someone due to the colour of their skin. Strange place Scottish football. 

The offensive banners, flares and poppy debacle I get. But what's wrong with going to mass at the Vatican 😮

31 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

You do wonder what Celtic fans would be like if they devoted more time to being.....just Celtic fans....

Probabably worse !

queensferryjambo

The Green Brigade crave attention by any means possible and have got the attention they wanted yet again.

They will all be chuffed to bits with themselves today. 

They are a very sad bunch of individuals.

16 minutes ago, phoenix said:

The offensive banners, flares and poppy debacle I get. But what's wrong with going to mass at the Vatican 😮

They are a football club. A publicity stunt to please the morons amongst their support. 

Will never hear outrage form me.  I ****ing love their scum behaviour and long may it continue.  They seem to convince the masses overseas of their freedom fighter victim existence but for all those that know them that bit better know they are the dregs of society.  The masses outside Scotland will eventually wake up to them,  next year there will be another 'Lazio'.

It is NOT the minority!

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Good post.

8 hours ago, busby1985 said:

They are a football club. A publicity stunt to please the morons amongst their support. 

The club didn't go though. It was fans. If their (presumably Catholic) fans want to celebrate mass at The Vatican while their club is playing a team in Rome it seems to make sense. 

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, phoenix said:

But what's wrong with going to mass at the Vatican 😮

God doesn't exist, and the Vatican as a socio-political entity is historically complicit in the death, subjugation, and misery of countless millions.

Lovely architecture, though, and they do have some nice paintings.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anti Facists boo remembrance for Men and women who died fighting Facism..

Said the same thing yesterday. Absolute weirdos.

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, phoenix said:

The club didn't go though. It was fans. If their (presumably Catholic) fans want to celebrate mass at The Vatican while their club is playing a team in Rome it seems to make sense. 

Have no problem with them doing that and would visit myself ( not to take mass ) if I was there, However how many attending mass even step inside a church apart from once a year at Christmas?

I have attended a mass with Irish relatives ( even though I am an atheist )when visiting at Christmas, but they go every week!

2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Very good post. I know many Celtic supporters who have contacted the club imploring them to get rid of the Green Brigade. I was stood beside a Celtic supporter yesterday watching our sons play football together for Spartans 2008 against Currie Star at Dovecot Park. We both wore our poppy with pride.

16 minutes ago, phoenix said:

It’s not letting me upload the photos but the club did attend a mass, they also presented a cup in honour of them attending the mass. They took an opportunity to pander to their knuckle draggers, an opportunity they never seem to miss, same with Rangers. 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It's a matter of personal choice surely.

Can't be bothered with the Poppy facists that appear at this time of year.

Personally speaking I am proud to buy and wear my poppy but that's my choice.

The two world wars are now becoming history soon everyone who sacrificed will be dead.

Some people view  the poppy as a political stunt. 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic