Any shoe site recommendations?

Mr Sifter

Fancy a decent pair of smart boots I can wear with jeans. I’m almost always in trainers the now, got an older pair of Chelsea boots I sometimes wear but they definitely seen better days. Had a look at Pretty Greens site and nowt really jumps out. Any of you guys recommend a nice smart pair of boots/shoes I can wear with jeans?

👍🏼👍🏼

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Loakes.

Got a couple of pairs myself. Pricey but quality.

Oooft. Right oot my price range mate. Very nice mind you, some lovely pieces on their site 👍🏼

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Loakes.

Well worth the money. I got a pair of loakes shoes for work 3.5 years ago. They're still going strong and haven't even needed a re-heal. And it's fair to say I don't particularly look after them, they were one of the more entry level pairs as well. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Well worth the money. I got a pair of loakes shoes for work 3.5 years ago. They're still going strong and haven't even needed a re-heal. And it's fair to say I don't particularly look after them, they were one of the more entry level pairs as well. 

The good thing about getting Loakes rehealed or soled is that you send them back to Loake where they put in a new sole and heel using the last the boot was built on then refurbish the whole upper and lob in new laces.

Its essentially a new pair for 90 sheets.

Parttimer1874
6 hours ago, been here before said:

The good thing about getting Loakes rehealed or soled is that you send them back to Loake where they put in a new sole and heel using the last the boot was built on then refurbish the whole upper and lob in new laces.

Its essentially a new pair for 90 sheets.

It’s always seemed pricey to me but when you put it like that....

Samuel Camazzola
On 10/11/2019 at 21:39, been here before said:

Loakes.

I've got two pairs of the bad boys. Classiest looking shoes I've had and they do not scrimp on quality. 

I noticed the op said site so I take it you intended looking online. The only problem I’ve found with going on tinternet is that different types/makes have different sizes.

size 9 in one make may fit but maybe not in another.

Bit of a pain (literally), it cost to post them back.

Carl Weathers

Loake and Trickers in the sales for something smarter. You could also look at Red Wing for something more rugged. Again, wait until sales or get online discount codes.