Hello fresh

hampdenhero

Was a thread on this before. 

We did a week of Hello Fresh for free. 
meals were tasty, quick and easy(we chose 20minute ones). delivery was on time. 

The only reason we didn’t continue is we were trying to eat healthier and the calorie count in the meals was ridiculously high in the ones we’d chosen. 

We’ll probably use them in the future. I’d definitely recommend them. 

Tried them out after a kind poster on here shared a discount offer. The meals were good, but at full price they are expensive.

If you are looking to start using them then I can send you over a £20 off code. Just need your email address.

26 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Sounds quite an interesting concept. Nothing like that here, or not that I’m aware of anyway.

Nice gesture from @Sooperstar by the way.  👍

Full disclosure...if he uses it then I get £20 credit too!

I was really tempted to try this to mix up meal times a wee bit , but the ***** don’t deliver to the highlands so they can go **** themselves 😂

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, Taffin said:

They're good but really expensive. It's not so good either that you can't quite easily make just as nice food yourself.

Not really expensive at all. Works out a fiver a meal and the stuff is very good. I’d never eat this variety of food if I hadn’t found it. 
Absolutely recommend. 

15 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Ponzi Scheme!!!

In what way is this a Ponzi scheme?

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not really expensive at all. Works out a fiver a meal and the stuff is very good. I’d never eat this variety of food if I hadn’t found it. 
Absolutely recommend. 

I was joking 👍

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Absolutely recommend. 

A meal which you could make yourself for about 3 quid. 2 grand a year more expensive if having 3 meals a day.

Personally I'd rather spend that on holidays or other things but appreciate it isn't expensive in absolute terms.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A meal which you could make yourself for about 3 quid. 2 grand a year more expensive if having 3 meals a day.

Personally I'd rather spend that on holidays or other things but appreciate it isn't expensive in absolute terms.

It saves me money I’ve found. 
A visit to any supermarket costs me about £20-£30 and I get a couple of meals. 
I’d normally go round in circles eating probably 5-6 different meals every single week whereas I have real variety now.
I normally try choose stuff that I can take for lunch to work too. 

I think it’s brilliant. 

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It saves me money I’ve found. 
A visit to any supermarket costs me about £20-£30 and I get a couple of meals. 
I’d normally go round in circles eating probably 5-6 different meals every single week whereas I have real variety now.
I normally try choose stuff that I can take for lunch to work too. 

I think it’s brilliant. 

Absolutely for some people it works, it makes things nice and easy too. I'm not knocking it, it certainly serves a purpose. I just think a drawback of it is cost.

If people can't/don't have time to make cheap, varied and nutritious meals then go for it; spending a fair chunk of cash on good food is one of the best things you could spend your money on. 

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Absolutely for some people it works, it makes things nice and easy too. I'm not knocking it, it certainly serves a purpose. I just think a drawback of it is cost.

If people can't/don't have time to make cheap, varied and nutritious meals then go for it; spending a fair chunk of cash on good food is one of the best things you could spend your money on. 

Yeah, the cost is exactly why I only order from them when they send me vouchers to try to induce me to resubscribe. I also buy the big family size meals even though there are only two of us here, and we have leftovers.

I've found that some of the recipes are quite easily replicated with your own shopping for cheaper. They do have quite a lot of random ingredients in other dishes though.

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I've found that some of the recipes are quite easily replicated with your own shopping for cheaper. They do have quite a lot of random ingredients in other dishes though.

I stopped getting them as they are too expensive at full price but, as you say, you get the recipe cards so can get most of the ingredients in your normal shopping for cheaper to replicate the ones you like.

jack D and coke

Where are people getting the same things for less than a fiver a head, all the little ingredients needed for most meals don’t come in these small packets and by the time your finished it’s way more expensive. 

It saves loads. Plus you don’t have to leave the house. Bonus :lol: 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Where are people getting the same things for less than a fiver a head, all the little ingredients needed for most meals don’t come in these small packets and by the time your finished it’s way more expensive. 

It saves loads. Plus you don’t have to leave the house. Bonus :lol: 

See my strategy above, Jack. And now thanks to Gousto I have two different companies I can wait on discounts from. :lol:

Definitely agree with others as well, I keep the recipe cards of the ones I enjoy and can always shop for the ingredients and tweak for a little bit of experimenting if I wish too.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

See my strategy above, Jack. And now thanks to Gousto I have two different companies I can wait on discounts from. :lol:

Definitely agree with others as well, I keep the recipe cards of the ones I enjoy and can always shop for the ingredients and tweak for a little bit of experimenting if I wish too.

Not tried the Gousto. Might have to investigate👍🏼
Replicating the menus wasn’t cheaper imo I’ve tried and it cost me more, especially if you don’t have the little spices etc kicking about. 
Personally think HF is great. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not tried the Gousto. Might have to investigate👍🏼
Replicating the menus wasn’t cheaper imo I’ve tried and it cost me more, especially if you don’t have the little spices etc kicking about. 
Personally think HF is great. 

I do have a spice rack and it's nice to have. You could stock the entire thing for under a tenner by strolling through the spices at Aldi, Lidl, etc. Even at Tesco with the cheap ones, it'll be less than £15. And then those will last you for probably 30 meals minimum--if not many more.

I really like HelloFresh too, but there's definitely something in your approach that is causing you to overcharge yourself buying the ingredients on their own versus buying from them at full price. I save 40-60% on average when I do the shop.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I do have a spice rack and it's nice to have. You could stock the entire thing for under a tenner by strolling through the spices at Aldi, Lidl, etc. Even at Tesco with the cheap ones, it'll be less than £15. And then those will last you for probably 30 meals minimum--if not many more.

I really like HelloFresh too, but there's definitely something in your approach that is causing you to overcharge yourself buying the ingredients on their own versus buying from them at full price. I save 40-60% on average when I do the shop.

👍🏼

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I do have a spice rack and it's nice to have. 

Nothing signals a man's descent into middle-aged mediocrity like the purchase of his first spice rack.

Be careful, mate. :(

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Nothing signals a man's descent into middle-aged mediocrity like the purchase of his first spice rack.

We need more spice racks IMO

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol:

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

We need more spice racks IMO

:rofl:

My plausible deniability is that the old widow who lived here before bought it . . . I've just uh, utilised it since moving in.

17 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I dont actually have a rack but I do have a dry cupboard full of spices and herbs.

No point running from middle age, it can run faster than you! Why wouldn't you want your food to taste lush?

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I dont actually have a rack but I do have a cupboard full of herb.

:interehjrling:

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why wouldn't you want your food to taste lush?

And what could tast more lush than a family pack of snickers, half a bucket of Ben and Jerry's, and 6 packets of cheesy wotsits?

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

:interehjrling:

And what could tast more lush than a family pack of snickers, half a bucket of Ben and Jerry's, and 6 packets of cheesy wotsits?

Oh aye, I might have demanding taste expectations but I'm still munchy scum.

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oh aye, I might have demanding taste expectations but I'm still munchy scum.

Good lad. 👍

Do you not get the odd craving for various pickled vegetables and oversized sausages as some kind of latent throwback to the German ancestry you revealed on another thread?

I have a measure of gypsy circus folk traveller in me and must admit to the odd urge for a spot of cannibalism.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good lad. 👍

Do you not get the odd craving for various pickled vegetables and oversized sausages as some kind of latent throwback to the German ancestry you revealed on another thread?

I have a measure of gypsy circus folk traveller in me and must admit to the odd urge for a spot of cannibalism.

Sauerkraut, you cannot whack it!

Did the Morrisons one recently, was good, a direct rip-off of Hello Fresh. One thing that made it stand-out is that they send you the full item as opposed to the exact amount of the ingredient, so you end up with loads more food that you can use to make more or different dishes.

36 minutes ago, Legend Claws said:

Did the Morrisons one recently, was good, a direct rip-off of Hello Fresh. One thing that made it stand-out is that they send you the full item as opposed to the exact amount of the ingredient, so you end up with loads more food that you can use to make more or different dishes.

That's a big plus for Hello Fresh for me. Perfect amount makes it very easy with no left overs.

jack D and coke

I have a couple free boxes if anyone wants to try them btw. Also have the £20 off a first box too.
You aren’t locked into anything either you can take the box and immediately cancel. 
I’d recommend trying defo👍🏼

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I have a couple free boxes if anyone wants to try them btw. Also have the £20 off a first box too.
You aren’t locked into anything either you can take the box and immediately cancel. 
I’d recommend trying defo👍🏼

Ill take a free one if still avail?

Cheers

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I'll take a free fix Jack d if any left mate. 

I had two free ones. I’ve got £20 off boxes, that would mean it would cost you £10, any good?

Edited by jack D and coke

26 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I had two free ones. I’ve got £20 off boxes, that would mean it would cost you £10, any good?

Yeah that would be great thanks

• 2 months later...
Never Let Them Forget

I’ve got 3 free boxes if anyone is interested?

PM me your email address 👍🏼

Edited by Never Let Them Forget