Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

And the big takeaway is that if the team can perform and inspire on the pitch, the decent, non bigotted overwhelming majority of Jambos will vocally back the team with gusto and not a shitey bigotted ditty to be heard. We've plenty of songs and chants of our own without pinching any Sevco shite.

Our small bigotted arsehole element seem to become more vocal and visible when the team is struggling and said majority are quiet. 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

And the big takeaway is that if the team can perform and inspire on the pitch, the decent, non bigotted overwhelming majority of Jambos will vocally back the team with gusto and not a shitey bigotted ditty to be heard. We've plenty of songs and chants of our own without pinching any Sevco shite.

Our small bigotted arsehole element seem to become more vocal and visible when the team is struggling and said majority are quiet. 

Spot on

13 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

"Both pro union and anti union bigots " you're fed up with serge. Sarah o will be raging.

I keep my bigotry at home. That's the difference. X 

16 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Shove your manufacture shite up your arse...give me the organic atmosphere produced yesterday every day of the week.

Exactly! The team plays, then so do we.

14 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

"Both pro union and anti union bigots " you're fed up with serge. Sarah o will be raging.

Is this a haiku? I always forget the rules.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Alex Kintner

20 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

It's  hard to think frank with you're head full of mince and tatties. 

Stumped with that one...limerick maybe? Will need to let it stew 👍🏻

6 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Leaving aside any dodgy songs, is that not the reason for a vocal section ?

Knowing that when things are tough, the majority will be quiet ?

Using a sevco game, in which we won, isn’t a great example, good as it was. 
It’s games against other teams where the atmosphere has to come from somewhere if the team are toiling.

54 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s games against other teams where the atmosphere has to come from somewhere if the team are toiling.

It's a fine idea in principle but in practice it's invariably quickly taken over by bigotted twats spurred on my their creepy groomers. The Sevco esque crap they sing do nothing for club, team and quite probably puts others off coming to games.

18 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

I’m fed up of bigots at Hearts games. 

Both pro union as well as anti union, think some certain posters forget both sides. 

Neither have any relevance to Hearts games, despite what some brain dead morons may believe. 

While I dont think we should be bringing causes to the game either, supporting Scottish independence isn't bigotry and isn't the other side of the coin to the huns' hatred of Catholics.

The fact that the hun are into the union isn't what makes them bigots, it's their hatred of Catholics, Irish Catholics in particular.

42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

While I dont think we should be bringing causes to the game either, supporting Scottish independence isn't bigotry and isn't the other side of the coin to the huns' hatred of Catholics.

The fact that the hun are into the union isn't what makes them bigots, it's their hatred of Catholics, Irish Catholics in particular.

and Scottish catholics tbf.

3 hours ago, Boab said:

It is, but unfortunately they choose to sing a lot of bigoted nonsense, which doesn’t get the crowd joining in. They’ll then slag off the fans for not creating an atmosphere.

9 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

It is, but unfortunately they choose to sing a lot of bigoted nonsense, which doesn’t get the crowd joining in. They’ll then slag off the fans for not creating an atmosphere.

Top notch cognitive thinking from the young idiots.

I suppose it is hard to think clearly when you have been brainwashed by creepy older guys and have a nose full of Colombian. 

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

It's a fine idea in principle but in practice it's invariably quickly taken over by bigotted twats spurred on my their creepy groomers. The Sevco esque crap they sing do nothing for club, team and quite probably puts others off coming to games.

Just now, Koolkeith said:

Suppose there is no easy answer then.

The atmosphere will be good on Saturday, think that’s a given with a big away support. Same with St Mirren away.

It’s the home games that need that but does the team have to perform well to create an atmosphere ?

It’s when the team are toiling. That’s when the players need that lift. We’ll find out with Killie at home.

15 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Bit like when Billy Connolloy was derided for swearing and accused of hving a limited vocabulary.  His repsonse was:

'I do have an extensive vocabulary, it's just that my favourite word is ****'

'We do know plenty of proper Hearts songs that everyone would get behind, it's just that we prefer the edginess of the bigoted ones'

But not quite the same sentiment.

Edited by DETTY29

The plane hirers were very quiet yesterday. Its almost as if they didn't want to be out bigoted by the real bigots from the west. 

Every cloud! 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Bit like when Billy Connolloy was derided for swearing and accused of hving a limited vocabulary.  His repsonse was:

'I do have an extensive vocabulary, it's just that my favourite word is ****'

'We do know plenty of proper Hearts songs that everyone would get behind, it's just that we prefer the edginess of the bigoted ones'

But not quite the same sentiment.

It's not a bit like it at all. Most people swear to a lesser or greater degree. But the majority of Hearts fans abhor bigotry which does nothing to encourage the team, which, past and present has included many  Catholic! 

Sport & Politics/Religion do not mix, or at least should not mix. For anyone so inclined, leave it at home. Please.

These arguments have gone on forever, I only know that from the Aberdeen game to now, Tynecastle has been more like the place I love with the fans getting behind a team that appears to be giving 100%, I know some fans disagree with “borrowing” other teams tunes, but Liverpool’s Van Dyke song to the tune of Dirty Old town would be perfect for John Souttar !

He’s a centre half

He’s our number 4

Watch him defend

and we watch him score

he’ll pass the ball

from near or far

(Liverpool sing calm as you like)

He’s John Souttar

He’s John Souttar

Lets get behind the team without pissing each other off

Mon the Hearts 🇱🇻

• davemclaren locked this topic