Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras (Singing Section) :-

We had a meeting with hearts this week about the best way to put a plan in place for the section and have came up with a few ideas the main plan is moving the section into section G lower on a permanent basis

I want to make clear for all hearts supporters, the section is NOT there to cause trouble, or get into fights with opposition fans, I see a lot of negative comments from hearts supporters towards our section, we want the same as every hearts supporter, to go and cheer on our beloved hearts week in week out but we want to create that atmosphere at Tynecastle, we want to help motivate the players on the park, motivate as many hearts supporters as we can to cheer and sing as much as they can

We understand some supporters just want to go watch the game and leave and we respect this, We have had a lot of interest from a lot of hearts supporters recently especially in the past week about coming and sitting in with the section to cheer on our beloved jambos and we really appreciate this, we are glad supporters are recognising us and want to be a part of creating the atmosphere we have been missing at home and away matches 

What we are looking for is for as many supporters to get on board as possible, Tynecastle is a big stadium holding over 20,000 supporters, The players, hearts staff aswell as the hearts board are really keen on making The Gorgie Boys singing section as big and loud as we can, just because we are in section Lower G there’s 3 stands in the stadium hearts supporters are in, standing up and joining in with our chants may also motivate other people to do the same and really get behind the players on the park 

We are a self funded section who are putting everything we can into this and would really appreciate the backing of as many jambos as we can

Any questions, if you’d like to know more about our section or if you’d like to get involved with the gorgie boys please contact us on:

[email protected] 

If you’d like any videos or lyrics of chants we have recorded so far we can send these via social media or email 

Thanks for reading and please share

Thanks

🇱🇻Gorgie Boys🇱🇻

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

Good luck to them. There was a segment on the Terrace show on Friday night about a group of young lads at Dumbarton who started a singing section, and while it might seem annoying now, they will grow into adults who will bring more atmosphere to games as the years go by. Tynecastle's atmosphere can be quite stale so I have no issue with this if they toe the line 

I’m fully supportive of any fans trying to bring an atmosphere to our games, home or away. But please keep it free of sectarianism. If you do that, I’m sure everyone will get right behind you.

scott herbertson

Good luck to you

Steer clear of the political and religious songs and you'll have everybody's support and maybe even some singing round the ground

I remember as a kid back in the 60s my astonishment when we were winning a game and a rumbling noise emerged from the old stand and I realised the OAPs (senior citizens to you) were stamping their feet in rhythm to "Oh when the Hearts, go marching in"

I may be an auld moaning git now but in the recesses of my memory I was once a young buck who would sing and cheer on the Boys in Maroon. Guid luck to you lot. (Just dinnae bang a drum if you’re sitting  next to me)

1 minute ago, Mr Brightside said:

Good luck to the guys, just don’t let it be a vehicle for mini hun behaviour.

This is the issue. Keep clear of that crap and we’re all up for it.

One of the complaints about the last attempt of the singing section was that it would be an excuse for sectarian singing. So, with that in mind, think ahead and quickly call yourselves something different, as we all know the next lines after ‘Gorgie Boys’ in our most hideous Hun song. 

Edited by Paris 84

Honestly can’t see the club agreeing to this plan. One look at this group’s Twitter account shows they’ve burnt their bridges (referring to our owner as Ann Jong Budge and an old cow and then retweeting a photoshopped picture of Levein getting executed and someone in a Hearts top and Hitler mask and calling them Adolf Budge) 🙄

Edited by To Be Frank

Like others have said, best of luck. My input would be get something strong and catchy as a song or chant .do that and you're on to a winner. Again  best of luck. 

Just make sure  its Hello Hello we are the GORGIE boys and HIBEES  blood , hope it takes off  , great idea but needs to be self policing cause any nonsense and it'll be shut down rapidly . 

13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Honestly can’t see the club agreeing to this plan. One look at this group’s Twitter account shows they’ve burnt their bridges (referring to our owner as Ann Jong Budge and an old cow and then retweeting a photoshopped picture of Levein getting executed and someone in a Hearts top and Hitler mask and calling them Adolf Budge) 🙄

Bit odd that they'll have met with Hearts and they didn't tell them to **** off then, eh?

Diadora Van Basten

I saw them at Livingston and they seemed just like a bunch of young lads who wanted to sing songs about players, bang their drum and wave their flags. 

Are we allowed to discuss the “battering Levein’s ***** in” and “Adolf Budge/tarriers” comments and the photoshopped Levein Isis beheading content that they liked and retweeted? 🤔

Governor Tarkin

The best bit of advice I can give to these young scamps is to not listen to any advice from us old gits.

You batter on, chaps. Gorgie Rules.

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

One of the complaints about the last attempt of the singing section was that it would be an excuse for sectarian singing. So, with that in mind, think ahead and quickly call yourselves something different, as we all know the next lines after ‘Gorgie Boys’ in our most hideous Hun song. 

Get a fecking grip. Our home is in Gorgie

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Are we allowed to discuss the “battering Levein’s ***** in” and “Adolf Budge/tarriers” comments and the photoshopped Levein Isis beheading content that they liked and retweeted? 🤔

If I had Twitter I'd probably re-tweet that, tbf.

I'm sure the lads would happily accept whatever input people would be willing to offer them.

Rather than the inevitable bitch fest this thread will turn into.

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Get a fecking grip. Our home is in Gorgie

Nah, he's right. We should omit the line "Away up in Gorgie" from the Hearts song. 

Because it's completely impossible to use the word 'Gorgie' without being a horrible bigot.

Italian Lambretta

It was good to see on saturday allowing them to move down to lower section in the 2nd half from there original position right up the top corner. If they are willing to behave then the club should try to accommodate them down the front

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Just make sure  its Hello Hello we are the GORGIE boys and HIBEES  blood , hope it takes off  , great idea but needs to be self policing cause any nonsense and it'll be shut down rapidly . 

No Hibbee blood or anyone's blood. Leave the song out of the songbook and there is no debate.You know others will see it as a green light for sectarian pish. there are plenty of songs to get the atmosphere going without this.

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If I had Twitter I'd probably re-tweet that, tbf.

Well aye. Assumed that was a given. 😄

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Nah, he's right. We should omit the line "Away up in Gorgie" from the Hearts song. 

Because it's completely impossible to use the word 'Gorgie' without being a horrible bigot.

We could no longer sing "The Gorgie Boys are in town" either.

The front of that section is the wrong place. Always be at the back of a stand and grow from there.

The Roseburn stand should be the Gorgie Boys stand with away teams getting a maximum of 2 sections.

Seymour M Hersh

Get rid of the drum for starters lads.👍

Oh and if you looking in Ann please ban drums from the away support as well. 

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

We could no longer sing "The Gorgie Boys are in town" either.

Area adjacent to Dalry Rules,

Area adjacent,

Area adjacent,

Area adjacent to Dalry Rules.

Coburg Hearts

Good luck to the lads. I can remember (just) when I was their age, and I hope it's a huge success.

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Area adjacent to Dalry Rules,

Area adjacent,

Area adjacent,

Area adjacent to Dalry Rules.

Funnily enough, I was going to suggest that too.

11 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

No Hibbee blood or anyone's blood. Leave the song out of the songbook and there is no debate.You know others will see it as a green light for sectarian pish. there are plenty of songs to get the atmosphere going without this.

I like it as long as it's not the secretarian version 

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Funnily enough, I was going to suggest that too.

All we need is word from Paris 84 that it doesn't remind him of any sectarianism and we're good to go.

Although there is a Dalry in the West of Scotland, so we might be out of luck.

Almost every team around the planet that generates an awesome atmosphere does so without anything remotely related to sectarian or religious nonsense. It’s actually more difficult to fit something so niche into a song rather than a player’s name. So as long as nothing remotely religious or sectarian is involved in the singing I’m all for it.

I mean St. Mirren’s chant for Obika to the tune of Tequila yesterday was far, far more entertaining than I’ve heard from anyone at Tynecastle for years. And it’s one word for crying out loud!

54 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Very good point. Not withstanding that everyone should be encouraged to sing, not just ‘boys’ (but I don’t think anyone really cares about that terminology in that sense) the insinuation of the term ‘Gorgie Boys’ and what it’s always thought alongside may attract the type of people that want to sing all the wrong sorts of songs.

Ricardo Shillyshally

I can see this workingin an orderly manner at home games but away games less so. St Mirren away and Livi away being examples.

Best of luck as we need more atmosphere.

Key challenge is how to overcome infiltration from folk that will hang on to them and sing political, sectarian crap.

So you need a go to ''Hearts' song if it starts up to drown it out and not has happened on occasion and notably with the drummer, joined in.

Jambof3tornado

They had a chance and ****ed it up. They cannot keep away from sectarian nonsense.

Oh yes and lower G has fans in it already.

For these reasons I'm out.

De ja vu.

If what was posted about Levein and Ann above is correct then they have no grounds to complain when the club say no.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was one of this lot that defaced the crest and spray painted the slogan for Ann to be hanged.

All for an atmosphere at Tynecastle, just not a toxic one.

59 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I like it as long as it's not the secretarian version 

The trouble is, that others join in regardless of which version is intended. The young team will be copping the blame, whether they sing the sectarian version or not. You can see the seethe and those who want to criticise them, justified or not.

1 minute ago, Biffa Bacon said:

The trouble is, that others join in regardless of which version is intended. The young team will be copping the blame, whether they sing the sectarian version or not. You can see the seethe and those who want to criticise them, justified or not.

Then avoid the song all together, not that difficult.

Just now, neonjambo said:

Then avoid the song all together, not that difficult.

Which is what I said in the first place....

• davemclaren locked this topic