Leicester......can they go the distance?

EH11_2NL

13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Would think it more funny if Liverpool missed out again 

Why? TheY have a charismatic manager and play wonderful attacking football.

Far rather they won it than money bags Man City!

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why? TheY have a charismatic manager and play wonderful attacking football.

Far rather they won it than money bags Man City!

I’d rather they won it over City too

Heard a few folk saying that if Arsenal empty Emry or Man U get rid of Solkjaer that he should go to one them. I constantly find myself asking why should he leave Leicester when he has them flying?

Maroon Sailor
25 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Heard a few folk saying that if Arsenal empty Emry or Man U get rid of Solkjaer that he should go to one them. I constantly find myself asking why should he leave Leicester when he has them flying?

Arsenal should have went for him instead of Dick

Man Utd probably wouldn't go for him due to his Liverpool connection

Edited by Maroon Sailor

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The reaction from Celtic fans to Rogers winning the league with Leicester would be hilarious. 
They told him he turned down the chance of being a legend by, winning 10 in a row in a wee league with a club with a huge advantage in resource.

How much of a legend would he be if he won a championship where he beat teams with much greater resource than he has?

Their bitterness would reach epic levels as they turn on, yet another, guy who did a great job for them.

turned down immortality for mediocrity, so he did.

Those banners at the time showed you how deluded Celtic fans are, thinking Rogers gave a **** about ten in a row in some backwater. Or that anyone else does for that matter. As you say, hilarious.

I don’t think Rodgers could turn down the prestige of Arsenal or Man United but as finances continue to help close the gap and spread throughout the EPL, it maybe makes managers think twice when they have an underdog in the ascendancy. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I don’t think Rodgers could turn down the prestige of Arsenal or Man United but as finances continue to help close the gap and spread throughout the EPL, it maybe makes managers think twice when they have an underdog in the ascendancy. 

Arsenal missed a trick imo with Rodgers. Probably because they looked down on his achievement in a non competitive set up.

I think that they need to add another option at centre forward in January if they are hoping to keep pace. At the moment Ihenacho is the alternative to Vardy and he hasn't reached double figures in goals cumulatively in the league since he's been there.

Haaland from Salzburg in January would be a real statement of intent.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

turned down immortality for mediocrity, so he did.

Those banners at the time showed you how deluded Celtic fans are, thinking Rogers gave a **** about ten in a row in some backwater. Or that anyone else does for that matter. As you say, hilarious.

100% bang on the money. Treated that mob with zero respect basically saying he couldn’t give a Donald Duck about their poxy 10

Edited by 1971fozzy

They might grab second, but no-one is going to beat Liverpool to the title this year unless they implode dramatically.

Celtic fans are hilarious, they’ve deluded themselves into thinking that they can easily keep hold of their big stars and anyone who dares to leave is a rat. Rodgers moved to a much much bigger pond and the clowns viewed it as him taking step down for extra cash. Doesn’t look like much of a step down to me, his stocks never been higher

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

They might grab second, but no-one is going to beat Liverpool to the title this year unless they implode dramatically.

Liverpool will storm it barring no silly slip ups. 

Man City will finish 2nd. Of course it depends on Man City’s priorities. I don’t think it’s possible anymore to win both the EPL and the Champions League in the same season. Every game in the league now and in the knock outs of the CL competition is critical and the consistency & focus would have to be somewhat superhuman to achieve both. 

City might now be focused on the CL and Liverpool desperately want the league tittle. 

Leicester are a wee bit short of a title challenge. They are doing well but they are probably a bit short of real quality & depth in the attacking areas. They could definitely finish 3rd and maybe go for the cup but Chelsea get more consistent & more confident everyweek as well. 

Next season could be really exciting if those 4 improve. I can see City getting the chequebook out though. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

I want them to, but I don’t think they will.  They won it in 2016 when Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United were all going through a transition (which has subsequently seen Liverpool and Man City springboard into another dimension altogether).  The fact that Spurs and Arsenal were the nearest challengers that season says it all.

That said, anything can happen.  Imagine the seethe if the pundits were chucking their muck over Man City and Liverpool all season just for Leicester to pip them at the end 🤣🤣🤣.

If Man City bring in a couple of quality defenders in Jan then they’ll get closer to Liverpool.  If not, then I can see Chelsea running Liverpool close instead and Man City dropping to 4th.  Lampard doing a cracking job there.

How big a gap did Liverpool manage to open last season? Sure it wasn't far off what it is now. Will be interesting to see if they have the bottle for it this year after last season and 2014

BangkokHearts

I don't get why folk think Leicester are any different from the rest.

Another EPL club owned by insanely rich foreigners who are among the very richest people in the World.

Not for me. Thanks.

12 hours ago, redjambo said:

It's Liverpool's to lose,playing great football and a great manager too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Finish top 4 but won't win it. 

I could envisage City prioritising the Champions League this season,  especially following yesterday. 

However I think Liverpool will do the opposite and make certain of a first league title in 30 years 

I think Liverpool are strong favourites, especially following on from yesterday. 

Next season Chelsea should be closer to City and Liverpool, especially given that their young players will have gained the experience of this season, in addition to what I presume will be a larger transfer budget following on from being unable to spend this season.

I want Liverpool to win it because I love Klopp but if it isn't liverpool I want it to be Leicester. 

What a story that would be for them to win it twice in such a short space of time. It pretty much establishes them as a big player in England. 

There a a few things I would like, I'd like Liverpool to miss out again and I'd like Leicester to win it so the Septic fans can hate him even more!

Hahaha they are playing amazing football, when you start winning it's hard to stop.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 10/11/2019 at 12:00, Deodato said:

As an adopted Gooner in Norf London, I watched Leicester turnover Arsenal, a few observations - all broadly agreeing with above. 

1. F-me, they play fast football. 

2. They have a Nigerian midfield Ndidi - watch him, he's the unsung hero of their campaign

3. Echo the point about a small team - how many international call ups would be an interesting indicator to follow. Maddison is electric right now. 

Arsenal have this incredibly successful Fan TV Channel (over 1m subscribers!) and the post match analysis gets addictive. This one with a Leicester fan is a pretty good summary of what's gone right with the Foxes and what is beginning to eat away at the Gunners. By January, it could be slipping away. 

For Arsenal, the problems are fixable but the fans are fickle. It took Wenger year(s) to get the club to where he wanted them - winning things. But I'll say this - how low down the table do you need to go to find a team you would be confident of Arsenal beating? Wolves, no. Villa, no? 

Seriously, we're running out of games and European football is not a given. 

Deodato

The guy interviewing always strikes me as a bloke who got into football in his 30’s.

Bazzas right boot

Liverpool have lost 1 game in 46.

Best team in the world atm. 

Little chance of them being caught tbh. 

Man City are at arsenal this weekend, they could drop more points easily. 

Leicester will do well to end up in the top 4, 2nd would be an achievement. 

Not beyond them tho. 

1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

The guy interviewing always strikes me as a bloke who got into football in his 30’s.

He's quite the character. Currently in soapy bubble (trouble) for being too close to the new Arsenal captain. Similar to how JKB reached a scale that went way beyond its expectations, down here in North London its similar for AFTV - it's become a far bigger thing that was ever intended. Unlike JKB, the only folks who get hacked off with it are those who actually go to the game. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
7 hours ago, Deodato said:

He's quite the character. Currently in soapy bubble (trouble) for being too close to the new Arsenal captain. Similar to how JKB reached a scale that went way beyond its expectations, down here in North London its similar for AFTV - it's become a far bigger thing that was ever intended. Unlike JKB, the only folks who get hacked off with it are those who actually go to the game. 

I first saw him when I was following his euro 2016 England YouTube vlogs. Absolutely golden after the Iceland game.

14 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I first saw him when I was following his euro 2016 England YouTube vlogs. Absolutely golden after the Iceland game.

You got a link for thos Vlogs boss? Would love to see 'em

• 1 month later...

No and No and No and No.

Klopptastic performance tonight by Liverpool and whilst I like Vardy and his effort the class difference when you compare him to Firmino, Sane and Salah is huge