Leicester......can they go the distance?

EH11_2NL

They don't give a sh!t about reputation. The play cracking fast football. They are a relatively small club. I would love it, love it (Kevin Keegan™️) if they went all the way.

They have more points at this stage of the season than they did when they won the league.

However, that season, none of the other 'big' clubs were properly punching their weight.  I certainly think they will make top 4 and claim a CL spot, just don't think they have the strength of squad to challenge for the title, although they do have an advantage in not being involved in Europe.

rudi must stay

I think they can yes. The way they play they can outscore anyone. We'll see how Liverpool cope with pressure, i'm not sure they're great front runners to be honest

With how the recruited in the summer added to what they already had I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone how well they are doing.

Maroon Sailor

It would rank above their title winning season 4 seasons ago imo.

However, they might get more points this season but won't win it. Liverpool or Man City for me.

They're an excellent team but I'll be shocked if they stay within 10-15 points of the eventual winners. My outside money would be on Chelsea making a challenge of it.

They are doing fantastically well. Rodgers is a brilliant coach who definitely improves players and gets them to buy into his methods. 

Must say Lampard has Chelsea doing extremely well also considering he lost his best player and wasn’t allowed to sign anyone. 

Still think Liverpool and Man City are just that bit better quality wise but Leicester can can Back in the CL next season. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I think unlike 2016, there are 3 of the big boys on terrific form; Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. So if they did it this season it would arguably be a bigger achievement. 

Thought Police

Said yesterday that Chelsea’s transfer embargo was one of the best things that could have happened to them. Loads of talented youngsters weren’t getting a sniff, and Lampard has been able to get the best out of them

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think unlike 2016, there are 3 of the big boys on terrific form; Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. So if they did it this season it would arguably be a bigger achievement. 

No arguably about it,  it would be a much bigger achievement.  Man City and Liverpool are on a different level to the other teams in England now, in 2016 there were no good teams in England and Leicester took advantage.

To answer the OP, Leicester have no chance but good chance of making top 4.

They’re a fantastic side playing very good football. Youri Tielemans is their best signing since Kante. For me they are where they are on merit and barring any disasters will be playing champions league football next season, probably with a record points haul to boot, but it’s Liverpools league to lose and City are the only side I can see snatching it. Would absolutely love to be wrong though 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

Top 4 will be Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and Leicester but I do think 3rd and 4th will end up a long way off 1st and 2nd. 

I won’t write off Chelsea they’ve been my favourite team to watch this year. There’s a real belief about them 

Ultimately today could be decisive. City win would set the cat is amongst the pigeons, Liverpool win and it’s tough to see them losing a grip on it from there 

Still waiting on West Ham coming with a late run. Certainly be in Europe, if there’s another war 😀

Would love Leicester to do it again. Give hope to all of us losers

Was at their game V Arsenal yesterday and to be honest they looked good but Arsenal are gutless at the moment. Fast and confident on the ball but not got a big enough squad. Outside chance for 4th and Champs League spot as Arsenal, Spurs and Man U are poor. 

I don't think they will win it, ****ing hope not with that utter bellend in charge. 

I do think they and Chelsea will push on though, City and Liverpool won't break away to the extent of last season. 

As an adopted Gooner in Norf London, I watched Leicester turnover Arsenal, a few observations - all broadly agreeing with above. 

1. F-me, they play fast football. 

2. They have a Nigerian midfield Ndidi - watch him, he's the unsung hero of their campaign

3. Echo the point about a small team - how many international call ups would be an interesting indicator to follow. Maddison is electric right now. 

Arsenal have this incredibly successful Fan TV Channel (over 1m subscribers!) and the post match analysis gets addictive. This one with a Leicester fan is a pretty good summary of what's gone right with the Foxes and what is beginning to eat away at the Gunners. By January, it could be slipping away. 

For Arsenal, the problems are fixable but the fans are fickle. It took Wenger year(s) to get the club to where he wanted them - winning things. But I'll say this - how low down the table do you need to go to find a team you would be confident of Arsenal beating? Wolves, no. Villa, no? 

Seriously, we're running out of games and European football is not a given. 

Deodato

Edited by Deodato
Typo

It’s between Leicester and Chelsea for 3rd. 

Don’t think either of them are quite good enough “yet” to challenge Liverpool or City for top 2. Maybe next season. 

I still love the fact the Celtic fans can’t believe why Brenda didn’t want to stay around for 10 in a row.....I’m half expecting a bonus level to open up if they win 10 in a row like it’s a computer game.....Celtic fans are weirdos

1 hour ago, carnockjambo said:

Was at their game V Arsenal yesterday and to be honest they looked good but Arsenal are gutless at the moment. Fast and confident on the ball but not got a big enough squad. Outside chance for 4th and Champs League spot as Arsenal, Spurs and Man U are poor. 

See my post, Arsenal were gutless after going one goal down. 

Would you agree with my point about Ndidi - he strangled Arsenal's options in Midfield. The gunners had no execution after that. 

Sexton Hardcastle

What’s funny is celtic fans claiming they wouldn’t have beaten lazio with Rodgers in charge and they are glad he’s out the door.

Yet here he is arguably doing better than he did there and than anyone ever expected.

Top 4 looks solid. Just means Man U will spend another 70 million on one of their players next summer.

the top two will be liverpool and man city (dont know which order) a win today for liverpool makes them huge favourites but remember last year weren't they something like 7 points clear at the turn of the year and lost it.

3rd and 4th will be chelsea and leicester, leicester play good football but are not quite strong enough to catch the top two imo. also they are relying a lot on vardy, yes they have had lots of players scoring but vardys movement helps push them forward. if they lose vardy for 4-5 games i can see them losing pace.

chelsea at the beginning of the season i wondered about them and their transfer ban, however they still had/have a decent squad. lampard has done a great job so far with the young side, however they haven't really went through a bad patch yet. i want to see how they cope with that and that is why i think they will drop off the pace of the top two. next season when they can add some to their team along with the experience their younger players are gaining this season should help them produce a better challenge and maybe have a 3 way fight for the title

54 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

What’s funny is celtic fans claiming they wouldn’t have beaten lazio with Rodgers in charge and they are glad he’s out the door.

Yet here he is arguably doing better than he did there and than anyone ever expected.

Top 4 looks solid. Just means Man U will spend another 70 million on one of their players next summer.

it is funny a lot of people thought leicester losing maguire would affect them, but the boy they got for £19M has been great and IMO better than maguire. 

22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the top two will be liverpool and man city (dont know which order) a win today for liverpool makes them huge favourites but remember last year weren't they something like 7 points clear at the turn of the year and lost it.

3rd and 4th will be chelsea and leicester, leicester play good football but are not quite strong enough to catch the top two imo. also they are relying a lot on vardy, yes they have had lots of players scoring but vardys movement helps push them forward. if they lose vardy for 4-5 games i can see them losing pace.

chelsea at the beginning of the season i wondered about them and their transfer ban, however they still had/have a decent squad. lampard has done a great job so far with the young side, however they haven't really went through a bad patch yet. i want to see how they cope with that and that is why i think they will drop off the pace of the top two. next season when they can add some to their team along with the experience their younger players are gaining this season should help them produce a better challenge and maybe have a 3 way fight for the title

Chelsea didn't start very well, it wasn't until the Lille game that it seemed to click. I don't think they'll stay the distance but I think they'll get in amongst the race for a couple of months. Looks increasingly likely that they'll be able to spend big in January as well...which interestingly may end up being their downfall.

Everything points towards Liverpool. Last minute winners, rub of the green on decisions and facing a very weakened City side today. I think Leicester will get top 4 don’t see them getting past Liverpool.

Leicester may be doing well right now but you get the feeling that they're still fragile and can't sustain this for more than a couple of months.

Liverpool and Man City are better teams and better squads.

Leicester would do well to be looking back over their shoulder at the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and even Arsenal and Man U as the table will change a lot at the sharp end of the season.

9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Would think it more funny if Liverpool missed out again 

Wouldn’t it just, hilariously funny the media love in with the horrible feckers would go into meltdown.

They certainly can. But can they beat Liverpool and Man City? They will have to do this in order to win. Otherwise, even draws against these two won't be enough. Liverpool and Man City will win all of their games apart from against each other.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Don't think they will but would be great to see. In fact it would be great to see anyone win it other than Liverpool. 

One of those clubs that nobody seems to have a soft spot for.

No neutral seems to favour them

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

One of those clubs that nobody seems to have a soft spot for.

No neutral seems to favour them

Their fans on social media are unbearable with their 6 times, we are the kings of Europe patter. Well you aren't kings of Europe, Real Madrid are and by quite some distance. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Their fans on social media are unbearable with their 6 times, we are the kings of Europe patter. Well you aren't kings of Europe, Real Madrid are and by quite some distance. 

Too many of them are plastics as well.

I was in a pub in Plymouth watching a FA cup tie between Argyle and Liverpool on TV.

Most of the locals were cheering for Liverpool !

6 hours ago, Taffin said:

They're an excellent team but I'll be shocked if they stay within 10-15 points of the eventual winners. My outside money would be on Chelsea making a challenge of it.

Yip I go with this think Chelsea will be closest challengers

liverpool 

mancity

chelsea

leicester 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Chelsea didn't start very well, it wasn't until the Lille game that it seemed to click. I don't think they'll stay the distance but I think they'll get in amongst the race for a couple of months. Looks increasingly likely that they'll be able to spend big in January as well...which interestingly may end up being their downfall.

yes they didn't have the best of starts i still think they will drop away after a small bad run. i agree if they can sign players in jan that could derail them into a worse run

6 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Said yesterday that Chelsea’s transfer embargo was one of the best things that could have happened to them. Loads of talented youngsters weren’t getting a sniff, and Lampard has been able to get the best out of them

Yip but they are not dark horse title contenders like the beloved Leicester 

I enjoy Leicester but I do think it’s funny how Chelsea are not being talked of in the same kinda terms

Doubt it, but watching last night and noticed the EPL's top scorer runningbhis knackers off to be part of an 11 man defensive corner penalty box unit.

Mr Brightside
7 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It would rank above their title winning season 4 seasons ago imo.

However, they might get more points this season but won't win it. Liverpool or Man City for me.

Agree with this. They might outperform their title winning season but Liverpool and Man City will get more points.

The Old Tolbooth

I reckon they're nailed on for 3rd or 4th, they've got a cracking team and are good to watch,  but Rogers only has one style of play which ultimately ends up costing him, especially in Europe. 

SectionDJambo

The reaction from Celtic fans to Rogers winning the league with Leicester would be hilarious. 
They told him he turned down the chance of being a legend by, winning 10 in a row in a wee league with a club with a huge advantage in resource.

How much of a legend would he be if he won a championship where he beat teams with much greater resource than he has?

Their bitterness would reach epic levels as they turn on, yet another, guy who did a great job for them.