• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Bauld

1 minute ago, 1874 said:

Special mention for him , not afraid to try something different, breath of fresh air from the team today 

Very much so. Certainly a clear statement from him that he views football from a different lens than Levein.

Lucille's Thirsty

I can’t help but feel if we were 3-2 with Levein in charge, we’d have went conservative, we went for the throat today which I’m pleased about, good show McPhee. 

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Special mention for him , not afraid to try something different, breath of fresh air from the team today 

Yeah, I was kinda worried that he was/ is the type of guy that over complicated things..

But he was bang on the money today, talked the talk to the press , but his team walked the walk today. 

Superb, but gotta carry it on, Eiropa League teams don't piss about in the league, get a run going now 

2nd half was great but first half was a shambles and yet more examples of trying to reinvent the wheel. Well done today for the 3 points and for keeping going when we got in front. No thanks going forward tho as the manager, we need someone else. Keep winning and scoring goals and you’ll change my mind however. 

Not getting carried away but yeah, Good Job Austin. Well done. 

Great to see some attacking football and goals. 

Refreshing. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

2nd half was great but first half was a shambles and yet more examples of trying to reinvent the wheel. Well done today for the 3 points and for keeping going when we got in front. No thanks going forward tho as the manager, we need someone else. Keep winning and scoring goals and you’ll change my mind however. 

Too many defensive errors, need big Halkett and Souttar back now. 

Tennant's  6's
Just now, jumpship said:

When in charge he's won four out of five. 

If he keeps winning, how can he not be given the job? 

Big if though, esp when Daly & Fox don't seem to be rated by some at the club, according to folk ITK

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Exactly. Everything you say is spot on but I don’t think my mind will change I really don’t want him as manager. 

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

Too many defensive errors, need big Halkett and Souttar back now. 

Yeah I agree. I have said many times, any manager that gets a tune out our squad will do very well. Budge was correct when she said that we have assembled a squad capable of doing more even with the injuries we had. Well done everyone today. 

tartofmidlothian

Well done, Austin. Glad to see we're in safe hands.

He also screams his heart out on the touchline, always like to see that even if it makes no difference.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Exactly. Everything you say is spot on but I don’t think my mind will change I really don’t want him as manager. 

I don’t want him either but if he went on a 4/5/6 unbeaten run winning games in style, I’d be willing to give him a go. 

3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

When in charge he's won four out of five. 

If he keeps winning, how can he not be given the job? 

He'll need to keep winning first. 

It was only St Mirren at home. Not trying to take anything away from the win. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Well done, Austin. Glad to see we're in safe hands.

He also screams his heart out on the touchline, always like to see that even if it makes no difference.

He has motivational skills.

That much you could see on the HeartsTV video

4 minutes ago, campbell said:

A little summary of what was different to a levein team/setup would be good to her for someone who missed the game! 

Players in their correct positions, forward passes, 4411 formation, clear tactics and he was demanding the team go forward at every point.

Just listening to Sportsound, Alan Preston clearly doesnt like MacPhee. Was giving him it tight before the match and has nothing good to.say about the win today. 

10 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Good today but a definite no for manager 

Great that we won today but we still need perspective (we were playing St Mirren) and we need to think about the bigger picture, and for me that’s not with Austin as manager. 

3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Happy with the win but the defending was woeful at times.

I still think Berra must play beside Smith with the options we have atm. Doesn’t cover individual errors but even accounting for making us weaker at RB it’s still better.

Edited by GinRummy

Still thought the football, especially in the first half, was dreadful. This was against terrible opposition. Still, well done in finally getting us a home win in what has been a disgraceful episode in our history. Let's build on this

Just now, tokyowalnut said:

Players in their correct positions, forward passes, 4411 formation, clear tactics and he was demanding the team go forward at every point.

Just listening to Sportsound, Alan Preston clearly doesnt like MacPhee. Was giving him it tight before the match and has nothing good to.say about the win today. 

He was harsh about the whole club before the match, saying there was nothing good just now and that includes our youth set up. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I still think Berra must plat beside Smith with the options we have atm. Doesn’t cover individual errors but even accounting for making us weaker at RB it’s still better.

Definitely. That pairing works better and should be used going forward IMO.

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

He has motivational skills.

That much you could see on the HeartsTV video

So why wasn't he doing that as assistant manager?

I wouldn't be going on his interviews to be fair. 

10 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I can’t help but feel if we were 3-2 with Levein in charge, we’d have went conservative, we went for the throat today which I’m pleased about, good show McPhee. 

Yup, even when the fifth went in he was urging the players forward.

2 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

He was harsh about the whole club before the match, saying there was nothing good just now and that includes our youth set up. 

He was very scathing about the club, I thought he sounded bitter. Maybe something has happened with him and the club?!

2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

So why wasn't he doing that as assistant manager?

I wouldn't be going on his interviews to be fair. 

Probably because his role as assistant coach was to train the players the way the manager wanted to play.

He has still along way to go to convince me he is the man for the job but he can only do what his job allows him to.

Just now, tokyowalnut said:

He was very scathing about the club, I thought he sounded bitter. Maybe something has happened with him and the club?!

Or he just talks shite ?

One to ponder right enough.

4 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Preston is a naysayer of the first order.

I think I know who he is and was on here.

He got the starting 11 massively  wrong last week at Hampden.   

Good to see him make changes today and dropping Clare completely and set the team up to play attacking football. 

Credit where it’s due. 

I’m not giving any Hearts manager a pat on the head for delivering what should be a run o’ the mill victory against shite like St.Mirren at home. 

Austin MacPhee’s not the answer. 

4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

NVM just read it was about Preston.

Trying to be as vocal a mouthpiece as Stewart.

Edited by Neon

1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

I didn't catch the pre-match interview, I saw the one during the week.

So thanks for the heads up, maybe he is just trying to distance himself from the previous manager?

Talking about Allan Preston not MacPhee 

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Maybe, or maybe he knows things that us lot don't. 

He was pretty scathing, with justification. 

Like others have said though, just keep winning games,  and everything else will fall into place. 

GorgieFifeLife
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I still think Berra must play beside Smith with the options we have atm. Doesn’t cover individual errors but even accounting for making us weaker at RB it’s still better.

Would rather have Dikamona with Smith. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m not giving any Hearts manager a pat on the head for delivering what should be a run o’ the mill victory against shite like St.Mirren at home. 

If he keeps winning he keeps the job, it's that simple. 

Time will tell. 

I don't think he's the man for the job either but we can't completely rule him out just yet. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Come on CT, we have just pumped a team 5-2. No praise at all? Yes, we should be beating St Mirren, but recent form suggests it probably should have been closer. If you were there, you cant help but see a huge difference in the way we played. 

If a new manager had got that result today would you not have praised them?

Big Slim Stylee

Whether fair or unfair, there’s no chance he’ll get the job full time as he’s tarred with the Levein brush.

Budge knows it’s an appointment that needs to get the fans onside, not one that would  turn in an instant as soon as things go wrong.