Weekend's Football

kila

Maroon Sailor

City are the masters of their own downfall. Stop for an injustice of a penalty not being awarded and are just ragged at the back

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• The Internet

• neilnunb

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely no danger that the shitehawk of a referee would give a penalty against the English equivalent of Celtic, even though it was a stonewaller. He had a clear view but still made no attempt to appear honest.

Even less danger that the cowards running VAR would change decision as Liverpool at home.

Now 2-0. 

Stonewaller? :lol: took about 5 replays before anyone noticed that it brushed his arm. Plus it bounced off silva's arm to get there. It's anything but a stonewaller even with var. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely no danger that the shitehawk of a referee would give a penalty against the English equivalent of Celtic, even though it was a stonewaller. He had a clear view but still made no attempt to appear honest.

Even less danger that the cowards running VAR would change decision as Liverpool at home.

Now 2-0. 

😆

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Stonewaller? :lol: took about 5 replays before anyone noticed that it brushed his arm. Plus it bounced off silva's arm to get there. It's anything but a stonewaller even with var. 

His hand was out wide. It was a stonewaller. Had he not handballed it and Man city had scored then I think you're right, it would have been ruled out for Silva's handball. What it wasn't, was play on.

Byyy The Light

Love when Hearts fans get so upset at English football matches.

Guys in full Hearts gear jumping about cuddling in the Golden Rule when Liverpool scored after the Rangers game a few weeks back 🤔

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Now 2-0. 

This folks is ignorance. 

:gok:

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

BOO HOO

See, recently I found myself agreeing with a lot of your posts but then you go and regress to your previous condescending pish, all because your favourite team are playing.

Honestly think you and your Liverpool plastics care more about them than you do Hearts.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

City are the masters of their own downfall. Stop for an injustice of a penalty not being awarded and are just ragged at the back

They are a top clsss side but the 2 goals have been brilliant and little to do with a poor defence

City are more than good enough to come back into this but they will be vulnerable to Liverpools attack

Only when there are 10 seconds to go would I rule them out if the score remained the same...Sterling and co are top class as well

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

See, recently I found myself agreeing with a lot of your posts but then you go and regress to your previous condescending pish, all because your favourite team are playing.

Honestly think you and your Liverpool plastics care more about them than you do Hearts.

:rofl: 

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

His hand was out wide. It was a stonewaller. Had he not handballed it and Man city had scored then I think you're right, it would have been ruled out for Silva's handball. What it wasn't, was play on.

Didn't even look like it hit his arm on initial viewing, took multiple replays, regardless of where his arm was. I think in the end, once play was allowed to go on, there was no need for var to change anything. It was never going to be a pen because of the silva handball, if city had scored it would've been chalked off, nothing else to do. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

No one has to justify their 'support' least of all to a poster on a club fan site

I was at Tynecastle yesterday and Hampden last week

However I love seeing the pain a Liverpool side playing some of the best football you wish to see causes some posters especially those who try to link them with Celtic for some strange reason

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Love when Hearts fans get so upset at English football matches.

Guys in full Hearts gear jumping about cuddling in the Golden Rule when Liverpool scored after the Rangers game a few weeks back 🤔

Find it strange as well. I enjoy watching English games as it allows me to be objective for a change. The only reason I want City to score next is to make it a more interesting game.

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Didn't even look like it hit his arm on initial viewing, took multiple replays, regardless of where his arm was. I think in the end, once play was allowed to go on, there was no need for var to change anything. It was never going to be a pen because of the silva handball, if city had scored it would've been chalked off, nothing else to do. 

It looked quite obvious on first viewing that it may have hit his arm. Play on was the wrong decision and Liverpool benefited from that big time. I do agree any goal scored from City would have been disallowed though.

Edited by Taffin

All City now though if they get the next goal game on... which is always what I want not a one sided affair.

edit

I am watching a Hesgoal stream and it is brilliant... only the commentary is in Chinese!

Edited by jock _turd

Just now, jock _turd said:

All City now though if they get the next goal game on... which is always what I want not a one sided affair.

unless it is us playing

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

edit

I am watching a Hesgoal stream and it is brilliant... only the commentary is in Chinese!

Unless it's Hearts, obv.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Find it strange as well. I enjoy watching English games as it allows me to be objective for a change. The only reason I want City to score next is to make it a more interesting game.

Absolutely, I enjoy watching other football too. I just can’t get my head around the “us” chat and the fake hatred of rivals. A guy at my work going on about hating Spurs because he’s an Arsenal fan 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Never been to Highbury or the Emirates.

Absolutely, I enjoy watching other football too. I just can’t get my head around the “us” chat and the fake hatred of rivals. A guy at my work going on about hating Spurs because he’s an Arsenal fan 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Now, that's just pathetic.  :rolleyes4:

Agree with this. It’s bloody weird. :lol:

My emotions are all tied up with my own team or whoever,s result might benefit Hearts.😐

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Sterling getting wound up.

Second half will be interesting.

He must be desperate to score a wonder goal at Anfield for the abuse he gets every game. 

I used to think John Terry was an extreme isolated situation for me, you know....  wanting someone to put a career ender on him, but no I was wrong, I have the same wash of emotion come over me for Jordan Henderson :kirklol:

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I used to think John Terry was an extreme isolated situation for me, you know....  wanting someone to put a career ender on him, but no I was wrong, I have the same wash of emotion come over me for Jordan Henderson :kirklol:

I think you should be congratulated for containing that emotion to only 1 player. Given the amount of play actors in football, my list is considerably larger. It may even have several pundits, commentators, managers and even some supporters on it.

Paul McCallum getting the opener for Solihull Moors against Oxford City on match of the day (FA cup) highlights just now.

One of those players you forget all about until they randomly re-appear. 

Hold on it's 3-1 now...there was a game just a couple of seasons ago where Liverpool were 4-1 up with under 10 mins to go and it ended 4-3 with Liverpool hanging on

Manchester City v Chelsea next up on Saturday 23rd November...another vital fixture for both sides

Jambo, Goodbye
Just now, jock _turd said:

100% handball there no doubt at all the ref must be blind!

Arms were down by his sides in natural position. That's the rules. Luckily the ref knows them 

Daft laddie question but bear with me.

On that first goal there was a Manchester City handball immediately prior to the Liverpool handball. Given that there has been a rule change this season to say that ANY attacking handball (regardless of intent or body shape or distance from the ball when it is kicked) leading to a goal will mean that goal is disallowed my question would be Does the same rule apply to penalties?

If it does then maybe the referee saw both hand balls and effectively the first one made the second one irrelevant so play on.
If he decided it was a penalty and Manchester City did score then the original hand ball would come into play and the penalty goal disallowed. Sounds nuts but it is logically consistent with the hand ball change above. If they missed the penalty then the (Man City) hand ball would be moot.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Daft laddie question but bear with me.

On that first goal there was a Manchester City handball immediately prior to the Liverpool handball. Given that there has been a rule change this season to say that ANY attacking handball (regardless of intent or body shape or distance from the ball when it is kicked) leading to a goal will mean that goal is disallowed my question would be Does the same rule apply to penalties?

If it does then maybe the referee saw both hand balls and effectively the first one made the second one irrelevant so play on.
If he decided it was a penalty and Manchester City did score then the original hand ball would come into play and the penalty goal disallowed. Sounds nuts but it is logically consistent with the hand ball change above. If they missed the penalty then the (Man City) hand ball would be moot.

It's a good point

Personally this new handball rule only came in because VAR came in. They thought with the aid of technology goals can be ruled out for any kind of handball in the lead up to a goal being scored.

It's ridiculous

They haven't taken in to account the scenario you have posted. Interesting to see what would have happened / the explanation.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

It's a good point

Personally this new handball rule only came in because VAR came in. They thought with the aid of technology goals can be ruled out for any kind of handball in the lead up to a goal being scored.

It's ridiculous

Agreed, football shouldn't be this complicated!

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Now 2-0. 

Dry your eyes.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Dry your eyes.

open yours. Don't support either of them, and would prefer Leicester as someone has to win it, but regardless of who wins it, penalties as obvious as that one, only the first one as second was too close, should stil be given. That is the point of VAR and why we shouldn't have it up here as we would never get any decisions here's Old Firm would get everything.

VAR is a great system, but it is operated by incompetent and biased officials.