Steven Naismith

tartofmidlothian

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Just watching him play is worth the admission, never mind the rest of the game. Some of his touches, runs and tackles are as good as I've ever seen from a Hearts player.

One cushion header from a very speedy, difficult to control long ball in the first half was sublime. We've been missing that quality of touch and link-up, as well as the goals and shouting. He had a major go at Bozanic in the first half for not making a forward run I think. Probably no coincidence Bozanic then popped up with a goal. He's like 3 players in one.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robert Lazar

• been here before

He was howling at everyone making sure they knew if they’d made wrong decision or failed to get into right position, nobody was spared including himself!! Everybody raised their game 10/20% by his just being on pitch.

I think every player on the Hearts team today got a fly in his lug at some point from Naismith. Showed today why he’s so critical to our team. 

The White Cockade

and that gents is the difference one player can make

and he's not even up to speed yet

been out all that time and lasted 90 minutes no problem

and yet there are roasters on here who say he is finished

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Makes everyone else look like sunday league stuff.     Best player since Skacel.     Maybe the best since Robertson.     

2nd best player on the pitch.

Bozanic .....what a 90.

3 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Influence is clear. Do wonder if its time to stand berra down as captain and give the arm band to Naismith.

I agree with the sentiment, but I can't agree with the reality. My old man told me years ago that a captain should always be a defender, seeing as they spend the vast majority of their time looking forward across the whole pitch and are in a better position to see what's going on overall more of the time.

I'm not saying that is true, but I'm saying you'll have a hard time convincing me otherwise. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
45 minutes ago, brux said:

I think Meshino will really kick on after having a couple of games next to Naismith, he is a captain without having the armband.

He is a manager without a dug out 

4 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Influence is clear. Do wonder if its time to stand berra down as captain and give the arm band to Naismith.

Sadly it's looking more and more like we should stand Berra down altogether.  He doesn't seem to be the same player since his injury.  When he first came back to us he was immense, minimum 8/10 performance week after week.  Now he looks shot.

I'd love for him to get back to his consistent best, but as things stand, when Halkett and Souttar are fit again, for me they are the first choice CB pairing and Berra is back up.

Captain Bubblebeard
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Sadly it's looking more and more like we should stand Berra down altogether.  He doesn't seem to be the same player since his injury.  When he first came back to us he was immense, minimum 8/10 performance week after week.  Now he looks shot.

I'd love for him to get back to his consistent best, but as things stand, when Halkett and Souttar are fit again, for me they are the first choice CB pairing and Berra is back up.

I agree that Berra has significantly declined since his injury and is now vulnerable at times, but purely defensively, he is worth his weight in gold. He wins almost everything in the air which, in our league, is of massive value. Neither Halkett nor Souttar give you that and what they do bring to the team (which Berra does not) is not an adequate replacement. If playing two centre halves, Berra plus one of the other two for me. Having two significantly better ball-players at centre half is of lesser value if they are being bullied and not winning their lion’s share which is what would happen in Berra’s absence. It seems an archaic viewpoint but to me it is just a fact of the team we are/league we are in.

All imo, of course.

4 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Whether he’s wearing an armband or not he plays the captains role. Great wee player.