Steven Naismith

tartofmidlothian

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

According to Steve Clarke naisy is fit again and starting on Saturday 

He hasn’t had much game time but he’s a good professional, Steven,” said Clarke, who is looking to finish third to boost confidence ahead of the March play-offs.

“I had a good conversation with him on Monday. He assures me his fitness is good, he has been working hard on it.

“He obviously got some minutes on the pitch in the semi-final at the weekend and he expects to start their next game. So hopefully he can add something to the squad.”

Seen this tonight. Good of him to hand over some information to his former club. 

Struck me as unprofessional 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robert Lazar

• been here before

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

We should have told Scotland that he was not available at this time

Arsenal have done exactly the same re Tierney

I have suspected for some time that SF would be his comeback game and Scotland selection would follow. Old cynic that i am.

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I hope he gets his 50th cap  even if it's off the bench.

Yup. 50th cap and retires! We need him more unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Seen this tonight. Good of him to hand over some information to his former club. 

Players do it all the time, ruidiger at Chelsea I saw did it recently but manager said he wasn't yet, probably believed he's been fit enough for weeks but tests showed otherwise 

Hope he gets some more game time under his belt with Scotland.

Use Scotland in competitive, but meaningless games to get closer to match fit.  Better than getting sharp playing for us surely?

Then come the Killie game, he's up to speed and raring to go.

All good man.

And frankly, if he's going to break down again, it would happen playing for us or Scotland, so what's the difference?  I don't think he will though, anyway.

13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

???? When did he manage St. Mirren, or play for them if you mean Naismith and not Clarke

16 hours ago, rick witter said:

**** Scotland!!!  

He will end up injured again at their training camp no doubt!! 

******* ridiculous he has hardly played in 2019 and after 40 mins on Sunday  we let him toddle off with Scotland, no doubt to come back injured. 

Christ, even Levein admitted it was a mistake last time to let him go and laughed about that 50th cap. 

It's club first all day long until you are ready to play international football which he is clearly not. 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Hope he gets some more game time under his belt with Scotland.

Use Scotland in competitive, but meaningless games to get closer to match fit.  Better than getting sharp playing for us surely?

Then come the Killie game, he's up to speed and raring to go.

All good man.

And frankly, if he's going to break down again, it would happen playing for us or Scotland, so what's the difference?  I don't think he will though, anyway.

You have got to remember though he got a 4 year deal so we should be the priority here. 

Just imagine the outcry if he comes back crocked and the reason was he is not ready to play for Scotland at the moment. 

Even we are gradually trying to phase him back in because of how long he has been out for. 

Far too soon to be letting him away with his country imo and can't help feel it is all about this 50th cap thing

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

???? When did he manage St. Mirren, or play for them if you mean Naismith and not Clarke

I meant Clarke, was a player for them, unless my memory has gone altogether

On 04/11/2019 at 18:07, stevie1874 said:

I’m guessing it was the game plan to contain Rangers the first half then bring on Uche, Naismith & Walker throughout the second half. Plan Donald ducked through injury to Whelan,  MacLean having to be taken off and injury to Smith. 

Yep, not a strategy that works very often against the OF, as once they get ahead they are hard to peg back but if you can get ahead and make them do the chasing then often they do give you chances... There is a difference for us playing the OF vis the smaller clubs. Irrespective of our rotten record,  the OF are usually up for Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen games in a way they are not for most other clubs.

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I meant Clarke, was a player for them, unless my memory has gone altogether

I see, so he is working as a secret agent for a club he played for 30 odd years ago. Bit of a stretch no??

Edited by XB52

6 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

******* ridiculous he has hardly played in 2019 and after 40 mins on Sunday  we let him toddle off with Scotland, no doubt to come back injured. 

Christ, even Levein admitted it was a mistake last time to let him go and laughed about that 50th cap. 

It's club first all day long until you are ready to play international football which he is clearly not. 

Hopefully he will park Scotland once he gets this 50th cap... 

33 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yep, not a strategy that works very often against the OF, as once they get ahead they are hard to peg back but if you can get ahead and make them do the chasing then often they do give you chances... There is a difference for us playing the OF vis the smaller clubs. Irrespective of our rotten record,  the OF are usually up for Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen games in a way they are not for most other clubs.

It’s a risky strategy and not one I’d like going forward. The Old firm will always have better individual players but having a good manager which sets the team out correctly (organised) but willing and able  to have a go will give you a fair chance in a one off game. Kilmarnock under Steve Clarke? Or on a different level Simeone when he took over Athletico were also rans in the Spanish league with a far smaller budget who the big two would beat regularly and  have no fear of playing against. Look at them now always in the mix at the top of the league. Now Real and Barca certainly don’t take them lightly.

Michael Smith got injured on Sunday and is away with N.Ireland.

Fuming.

Absolutely fuming.

How can the club allow this.

😤

::troll::

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

It’s a risky strategy and not one I’d like going forward. The Old firm will always have better individual players but having a good manager which sets the team out correctly (organised) but willing and able  to have a go will give you a fair chance in a one off game. Kilmarnock under Steve Clarke? Or on a different level Simeone when he took over Athletico were also rans in the Spanish league with a far smaller budget who the big two would beat regularly and  have no fear of playing against. Look at them now always in the mix at the top of the league. Now Real and Barca certainly don’t take them lightly.

Real madrid went something ridiculous like 16 years without losing to Atletico, Simeone came along and put a end to that. Incredible job he's done.

4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Real madrid went something ridiculous like 16 years without losing to Atletico, Simeone came along and put a end to that. Incredible job he's done.

Exactly just shows the importance of a manager who has not only changed the way they play but the whole mentality of the club. 

18 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I've always thought that if you suit back you encourage the other team to play and even if they are having an off day they eventually find a rhythm, and make the breakthrough. Our best results have always been from having a go, or luckiest results have been from sitting in successfully...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
59 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I see, so he is working as a secret agent for a club he played for 30 odd years ago. Bit of a stretch no??

I wasn't really making a big deal of it to be honest  :lol:

All the same a bit off to be telling the nation. I'm sure St Mirren had probably guessed themselves 

15 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Hopefully he will park Scotland once he gets this 50th cap... 

I actually think he will. 

Just bloody hurry up and get it. 

An ideal 2 minute cameo would get it done. 😏

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I actually think he will. 

Just bloody hurry up and get it. 

An ideal 2 minute cameo would get it done. 😏

March if we don't qualify. 

It is March the play offs?

45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

March if we don't qualify. 

It is March the play offs?

Not sure mate. 🤔

Kinda lost interest in Scotland tbh. 

Not like the old Hampden days crammed in amongst 100,000 watching Jordan, Dalglish and Souness etc. when we actually qualified for things. ☹️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Not sure mate. 🤔

Kinda lost interest in Scotland tbh. 

Not like the old Hampden days crammed in amongst 100,000 watching Jordan, Dalglish and Souness etc. when we actually qualified for things. ☹️

Used to be an event, Scotland matches, now you try to find something else to do

41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Used to be an event, Scotland matches, now you try to find something else to do

😅 Very true. 

Cutting the grass is more exciting nowadays. 

Folk thinking he'll hang it up from Scotland if he gets 50 caps are deluding themselves.  Playing for Scotland is massive for him, it's a big part of why he joined us as he knows it'd give him a chance to stay involved.  He's not going to jack it in when there are playoffs and an outside chance of a majors coming up.

So tomorrow are we gonna hear about any “tightness” or are we going to be used to get game time in his legs for Scotland? A bounce match for him, so to speak? 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So tomorrow are we gonna hear about any “tightness” or are we going to be used to get game time in his legs for Scotland? A bounce match for him, so to speak? 

Please not this 24 hour before a game niggle again tomorrow. 😕

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Please not this 24 hour before a game niggle again tomorrow. 😕

I reckon he’ll use the game tomorrow almost like a reserve game to get time in his legs for his big Scotland game. Crazy that we have allowed this. 

22 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I reckon he’ll use the game tomorrow almost like a reserve game to get time in his legs for his big Scotland game. Crazy that we have allowed this. 

Levein admitted it was wrong to let him go last time and yet here we go again. 

Beginning to wonder if there is something in his contract that let's him decide these things. 😏

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Suppose we just have to let him go and hope for the best. If he comes through the game without any problems, then happy days. Whelan and Naismith in the same team is massive for us.

15 minutes ago, farin said:

Prob more of a verbal agreement to release him in order to get to the 50 caps necessary for the sfa’s ‘roll of honour’ tbh. It did set him back in his recuperation as levein subsequently admitted though. 

If that happens again supporters will not be chuffed at all. 

He signed a 4 year deal and its club before country imo. 😏

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

😅 Very true. 

Cutting the grass is more exciting nowadays. 

Do you know how many league games we have played between these internationals and the last. With the league cup semis, it's about two league games that teams will have played.  It feels like they come around ever other week.  Are international teams playing more friendlies due to needing money?  Can't be arsed with it now.  For me it's down to my hatred of the sfa.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If that happens again supporters will not be chuffed at all. 

He signed a 4 year deal and its club before country imo. 😏

He said he wanted to take Scotland to a championships, this is his last chance, a little more than just hitting 50 caps for him.

I imagine he has a good bit more latitude, and that was bargained in when we signed him, or we would not have at all.

I still think he is a major asset, I think he will begin to light us up over the next few weeks. Thought he looked sharp enough on Sunday for someone who had problems for virtually a year now.

We can but hope those are over for both our sakes.

20 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Michael Smith got injured on Sunday and is away with N.Ireland.

Fuming.

Absolutely fuming.

How can the club allow this.

😤

::troll::

😂

Miles ahead of anyone else at the club talent wise

Miles ahead of anyone else in regards to having a winning mentality

Are we going to see him string a few games together now?

I really hope he's over his injuries and we can get a couple of seasons out of him. 

If he goes off injured again i think he's done. 

Edited by Robert Lazar

been here before
12 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Miles ahead of anyone else at the club talent wise

Miles ahead of anyone else in regards to having a winning mentality

Are we going to see him string a few games together now?

I really hope he's over his injuries and we can get a couple of seasons out of him. 

If he goes off injured again i think he's done. 

Aye?

What if its a totally unrelated injury to anything ever had before like a broken nose?

Or if he drops a hammer on his toe doing a bit diy at home?

He'd be done?

Edited by been here before

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye?

What if its a totally unrelated injury to anything ever had before like a broken nose?

Or if he drops a hammer on his toe doing a bit diy at home?

He'd be done?

Don't be silly, you know what i mean. 

If he goes off clutching his hamstring or the likes. 

Hated him before he played for us because of his histrionics and blatant cheating.

Accepted him in a Hearts shirt and was ecstatic like everyone else when he finally committed his future and signed.

The whole saga now is boring and I'd prefer him to put in a string of performances before doing press conferences and spouting to newspapers. 

He seems to be a very selfish individual.

been here before
12 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Why so argumentative? Had a bad day?

Whose arguing?

Its a messageboard. You know conversation, questions that sort of thing... 

Edited by been here before

16 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Why so argumentative? Had a bad day?

This is what a kind poster sent to me about him when he was trying to engage in a ridiculous argument with me before.

Screenshot_20191108-193753_Samsung Internet.jpg

been here before
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

This is what a kind poster sent to me about him when he was trying to engage in a ridiculous argument with me before.

Screenshot_20191108-193753_Samsung Internet.jpg

About Naismith?

19 minutes ago, Innocent Eggboniki said:

He’s got 3-4 seasons in him FFS

I hope so, but what are you basing that on? Other than closing your eyes and crossing your fingers. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good player, hopefully with him and walker back we can start scoring goals and winning games 

Naismith could be the player that finally makes Walker.