• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robert Lazar

• been here before

highlandjambo3

Tbh...I canned the game after the 3rd goal went in..... was in a camper van in the middle of nowhere so, got no real feedback (other than here) on how he did.... I know we got horsed 3-0 and, to be fair most expected us to but, how did he get on overall?

9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Tbh...I canned the game after the 3rd goal went in..... was in a camper van in the middle of nowhere so, got no real feedback (other than here) on how he did.... I know we got horsed 3-0 and, to be fair most expected us to but, how did he get on overall?

He did ok. Game was burst, we had Hickie at CB and Clare at RB!

It was great seeing him barking and snapping at the opposition, ref and, most crucially, his teammates. That as much as anything else is what we've missed from Stevie.

Hopefully he starts v St Midden on Saturday and we can find some form. A win, any kind of win is what we need most of all just now.

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He did ok. Game was burst, we had Hickie at CB and Clare at RB!

It was great seeing him barking and snapping at the opposition, ref and, most crucially, his teammates. That as much as anything else is what we've missed from Stevie.

True. He looked fired up, hopefully he can help put a rocket under the derrieres of some of his teammates! 

Happy almost bonfire night! 🔥

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looked sharp. Would imagine with a 4 year contract, he has a vested interest ensuring none of those years are spent in the Championship.

Getting anything out of that midfield for us will be hard though

26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I await the “tight hamstring” announcement on Friday morning...

Lot of people seem to be saying this

Edited by Jamhammer

I noticed he did his warm up with the starters and not the subs yesterday.  Any reason why he'd do that? 

2 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I noticed he did his warm up with the starters and not the subs yesterday.  Any reason why he'd do that? 

I’m guessing it was the game plan to contain Rangers the first half then bring on Uche, Naismith & Walker throughout the second half. Plan Donald ducked through injury to Whelan,  MacLean having to be taken off and injury to Smith. 

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I await the “tight hamstring” announcement on Friday morning...

You and me both 👍. Or more likely the Saturday. 

A bit to wee for a centre back after taking over from Smith. 😋

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Tom Hardy’s Dug
48 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I’m guessing it was the game plan to contain Rangers the first half then bring on Uche, Naismith & Walker throughout the second half. Plan Donald ducked through injury to Whelan,  MacLean having to be taken off and injury to Smith. 

which is why you start with your strongest available team IMO 

His dive on Sunday, pretending he got hit in the face, was a total riddy. But I liked his effort overall and good to see him back winding people up.

3 hours ago, whodanny said:

Hopefully he starts v St Midden on Saturday and we can find some form. A win, any kind of win is what we need most of all just now.

Massively need 3 points here,,,can see it being a physical battle and who bosses it wins " hopefully hearts by a couple ...👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Craig Herbertson
2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

My thoughts too

Absolutely galling if we have him and Waker back and Whelan and Smith out out.

When is this nightmare going to end.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Saying today the game helped got a good bit of running in and he is fit.

Up the League we go then......maybe 

2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Massively need 3 points here,,,can see it being a physical battle and who bosses it wins " hopefully hearts by a couple ...👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

👍 HHGH.

A spine of Smith, Whelan and Naismith would be a superb basis to build the team around in short term.

Galling though that all 3 are so injury prone 

Bazzas right boot

Him, Walker and Uche starting over Maclean, clare/ Meshino and Wighton is a massive difference. 

If Whelan is OK and starts over Bozanic or Irving then there is another massive upgrade. 

Damour in for one of them is an upgrade as well imo. 

Hickey at lb and smith at RB also improves us. 

I'm confident we'll improve. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Absolutely galling if we have him and Waker back and Whelan and Smith out out.

When is this nightmare going to end.  

When we sign more younger, fitter gentlemen who are mentally robust

24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not seen the word galling used in years and here it is, two posts almost back to back using it  

One poster copying the other I would guess. 🤭

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Looked sharp. Would imagine with a 4 year contract, he has a vested interest ensuring none of those years are spent in the Championship.

Getting anything out of that midfield for us will be hard though

This in abundance. 

Without haring or whealan we look lost

SpruceBringsteen

The very second he came on, he was shouting at the rest of the team to explain where they should be and how they should be playing.

You'd think it wouldn't be his job.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, OTT said:

We'll hopefully get he spine back to our team (figuratively and quite literally). 

Not just the spine. Arms, legs, head too if we can get everyone back. Naismith, Washington, Walker, Souttar, Halkett, Haring, Mulraney all back plus a fully fit Uche, to add to Whelan, Smith, Berra, Meshino and Hickey, is a very decent base for a new manager to build on.

letsalldothebeattie

Was pleased to see him on the bench on Sunday but to me bringing him on at 3-0 down seemed a stupid move. Game was gone and I’d have left him on the bench for the rest of the game and not risk the chance of a fresh break down. Saying that it was nice to see him back on the pitch in the maroon. Hopefully starts Saturday but given McPhee first team sheet I’m not optimistic 

Even with a wonky cheese string you could tell that Naismith was miles ahead of anyone in our team in regards to movement and game intelligence.

The runs he makes and even the runs he covers from opposition attackers is just on another level.

We really need to sign some actual footballers in January. 

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not just the spine. Arms, legs, head too if we can get everyone back. Naismith, Washington, Walker, Souttar, Halkett, Haring, Mulraney all back plus a fully fit Uche, to add to Whelan, Smith, Berra, Meshino and Hickey, is a very decent base for a new manager to build on.

Definitely, would say balls too. The current crop of players have failed to step up and be counted so once the aforementioned players are back I frankly wouldn't be unhappy to see a lot of these guys not feature for us again. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Definitely, would say balls too. The current crop of players have failed to step up and be counted so once the aforementioned players are back I frankly wouldn't be unhappy to see a lot of these guys not feature for us again. 

I'm sad to say I agree.

Before a ball was kicked this season I thought we had a squad that wouldn't need wholesale changes anytime soon.

After the previous summers numerous ins and outs I thought things would actually start to settle and we could push on. It's now clear some of the players are not even good enough for back up and sweeping changes are needed (cash permitting) at the earliest opportunity.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I'm sad to say I agree.

Before a ball was kicked this season I thought we had a squad that wouldn't need wholesale changes anytime soon.

After the previous summers numerous ins and outs I thought things would actually start to settle and we could push on. It's now clear some of the players are not even good enough for back up and sweeping changes are needed (cash permitting) at the earliest opportunity.

Yeah, I think in terms of raw starting 11 our biggest changes will be on the wings. Neither Mulraney nor Morrison offer any threat or creativity in the final 3rd which is a massive issue in our lack of goals and general creativity. But moving beyond that our squad players have failed to deliver anything. Bozanic, Clare, Brandon, Maclean, Wighton and there has been a total lack of faith in Keena - this is despite multiple reports he is the best finisher at the club....

I think investing in a solid winger in January is a necessity, neither Mulraney or Morrison can be trusted to deliver consistently. I know the Milinkovic suggestion is lazy but is exactly the type of player I believe we need. Someone fast, direct and offers a goal threat. Whats more, he's available and needs 1st team football. Because of the way our season is going we cannot afford any more punts on ineffective wingers, no more Danny Amankwaas or Jake Mulraneys. We need to know what we're getting in our wide man and thats exactly why Milinkovic is the right choice. 

Moving Boz through to Maclean on in January could free up significant wages for the new guy to play with which could see a resurgent Hearts in the 2nd half of the season (especially given the players due to return)

52 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I think in terms of raw starting 11 our biggest changes will be on the wings. Neither Mulraney nor Morrison offer any threat or creativity in the final 3rd which is a massive issue in our lack of goals and general creativity. But moving beyond that our squad players have failed to deliver anything. Bozanic, Clare, Brandon, Maclean, Wighton and there has been a total lack of faith in Keena - this is despite multiple reports he is the best finisher at the club....

I think investing in a solid winger in January is a necessity, neither Mulraney or Morrison can be trusted to deliver consistently. I know the Milinkovic suggestion is lazy but is exactly the type of player I believe we need. Someone fast, direct and offers a goal threat. Whats more, he's available and needs 1st team football. Because of the way our season is going we cannot afford any more punts on ineffective wingers, no more Danny Amankwaas or Jake Mulraneys. We need to know what we're getting in our wide man and thats exactly why Milinkovic is the right choice. 

Moving Boz through to Maclean on in January could free up significant wages for the new guy to play with which could see a resurgent Hearts in the 2nd half of the season (especially given the players due to return)

Agree with all of that but I have to say moving contracted players on is going to be very tricky imo. Here's hoping though.

16 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

His dive on Sunday, pretending he got hit in the face, was a total riddy. But I liked his effort overall and good to see him back winding people up.

I thought he looked seriously wound up when he came on and had he been on sooner wouldn't have been surprised if he got sent off. 

I think a build up of frustration at his own situation coupled with the shambolic effort from team mates in recent months played its part. 

tartofmidlothian
42 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Just been selected for the Scotland squad. Hope he gets his 50th cap and retires from international duty to focus on us

:spoton:  I agree with this.

Weakened Offender
21 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Plan Donald ducked through injury to Whelan,  MacLean having to be taken off and injury to Smith. 

Afternoon Austin. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, OTT said:

Yeah in terms of players who were probably signed for the squad but got lots of chances because of the injuries I think only Halkett and Mulraney stepped up, plus the youngsters, Irving and Hickey eapecially.

23 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yeh the dive was not good to see 

25 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Heres hoping he can hit 50, put it to bed, and focus on hearts. 

We should have told Scotland that he was not available at this time

Arsenal have done exactly the same re Tierney

8 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Just been selected for the Scotland squad. Hope he gets his 50th cap and retires from international duty to focus on us

**** Scotland!!!  

He will end up injured again at their training camp no doubt!! 

According to Steve Clarke naisy is fit again and starting on Saturday 

He hasn’t had much game time but he’s a good professional, Steven,” said Clarke, who is looking to finish third to boost confidence ahead of the March play-offs.

“I had a good conversation with him on Monday. He assures me his fitness is good, he has been working hard on it.

“He obviously got some minutes on the pitch in the semi-final at the weekend and he expects to start their next game. So hopefully he can add something to the squad.”