BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Did Levein say it was the first time he had been sacked???

Did he forget he got the bullet at Leicester and Scotland?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

Quite surprised that was given the prime 9pm slot on BBC One given the production quality.

Will be shunted to BBC Scotland next week no doubt. Seen better documentaries on YouTube!

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Glottis said:

It started a whole lot later in the season than I expected.

I thought we'd see a lot of Levein.

That might mean the focus will be on the pandemic hitting, which is the big story of last season.

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, GlasgoJambo said:

On the homepage of iPlayer right at the bottom you change your location from London. Then switch off cookies when it directs you.

Yeah I got it mate, cheers 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

First time he’d been sacked and felt sorry for the person doing the sacking 

Just now, kila said:

Quite surprised that was given the prime 9pm slot on BBC One given the production quality.

Will be shunted to BBC Scotland next week no doubt. Seen better documentaries on YouTube!

Should have got Neil Pointon to direct it. 

Safe TV. We'd all like a real fly on the wall documentary but never thought it would be that.

We were never going to get the names of the manager applications or Leveins sacking.

It did remind just how beautiful our club badge is though......

What it does show up is that such a big club with a great resource of fans and facilities and income can serve up such shit on the park. Our owner and managers are coming over as useless which we already know. Big Austin and Stendal could not inspire, no wonder we went down. No board member to stand up to Levine or Mrs Budge. 

Psychedelicropcircle
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Clearly had a stutter. More importantly?

About the only thing I’ve learned so far , it’s pretty boring tbh

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No he didn't.

He said it was the first time he felt sorry for the person doing the sacking.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You been drinking? 😎

Not often I say this but nope, I have not been drinking.

1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

Should have got Neil Pointon to direct it. 

😂😂 that coverage of the 98 cup final was brilliant still watch it from time to time . 

I reckon next week will be an hour packed with Stendel falling out with everyone over Xmas and New Year and then the season getting called.  The last episode will then be the COVID fiasco and Robbie coming in.  

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No he said it was the first time he’d been sacked and felt sorry for the person doing it.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So far just the story of the season, nothing to make it a fly on wall type documentary.

Should have been explosive, instead it was very tame.

Distinct lack of passion on show.

This means the main emphasis will be on the latter part of the season and the pandemic. I'm assuming part 2 will be Stendel and the team getting anchored at the bottom, then the part 3 will be covid. Looking forward to it, hope we get some insight into the events of the league ending as so much of it is shrouded in mystery.

In defence of the film-makers the real story of last season in Scottish football wasn't Craig Levein being shit, it was the pandemic. They were on the inside when that hit, so to cover more of Levein and less of that would be very poor journalism. In a way we may have dodged a bullet there!

Just now, Squirt said:

No he said it was the first time he’d been sacked and felt sorry for the person doing it.

Followed by Budge and Levein disclosing to the camera crew how emotional the event was. What a way to run a football club... no wonder it took so long to get rid of him.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Safe TV. We'd all like a real fly on the wall documentary but never thought it would be that.

We were never going to get the names of the manager applications or Leveins sacking.

It did remind just how beautiful our club badge is though......

Let's wait for part 3 and the pandemic hitting. We would have seen a lot more of the decline under Levein if that hadn't happened, but it makes editorial sense to focus on the pandemic.

If folk want to relive the Levein years just read the 100s of threads from the time 🤣

Edited by ToqueJambo

It might not have been all about Ann but she had a say in it, imo.

The women's team got a right good bit of air time in the first episode and there was absolutely nothing else that we didn't already know. 

Craig Levein was hiding. 

Louis Theroux might have made it watchable. 

IveSeenTheLight
14 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Of course it was.

When the main character is a complete the throbber, it is always entertaining. 

Agreed.

McPhee only swore once

One thing this has done is just reiterate how much I am missing match days. **** me what I would give to have a day in tynecastle arms, match day, pie, chippy, after match pints and a win to celebrate. 

seems like such a long time ago. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thought that was a strange comment too. 

I thought he said Bozanic is the best player at the second ball.

19 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye well l, good for them. 

Not worthy of a documentary on the bbc, especially when the rest of it is just stuff we've already seen or know. 

Claire Delworth’s dad is a regular poster on here and his great grandfather is a one of our founding fathers of Heart of Midlothian.

She came across very well, spoke with passion about our club. The whole family are dyed in the wool jambos and are proud to wear our colours. I’m happy for her and her dad, who will be a proud father tonight.

Well done Mr D 🇱🇻

thehibsareintheirbeds

I enjoyed it, was quite light but wasn't expecting different- especially with more interesting events to come.  Not sure there's much more we couldve learned about levein, was bad enough living through it the first time

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

How much are/did the BBC pay us?

Groupon vouchers, which McCulloch subsequently won in the raffle and squandered on teeth whitener and a years supply of St Moriz. 

Enjoyed it, was glued to it but think that is more down to the fact I bloody miss going to Tynecastle.  I can see why non Hearts fans would find it boring as it doesn't really dig into anything but none of these shows do, the recent Tottenham one was a snorefest.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This thread is ****img hilarious, what were  people expecting to see . 

Youve really got to laugh at the amount of numbskulls posting on here . 

They wanted to see one of the Levein Oot threads brought to life basically 🤣 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Yep, that’s what I heard too (which I actually agree with).

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Locke was first class in it.

Lockie was great, the women n the groundsmen were also good, apart from that 🙁

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Quite happy for you to go all i8 on this tbf

I had planned to but was very pleasantly surprised.  I even think this series will win us some admirers.

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This thread is ****img hilarious, what were  people expecting to see . 

Youve really got to laugh at the amount of numbskulls posting on here . 

I expected to see the story of the season. 

Instead, we opened on fans walking over the bridge of doom in mid September than randomly cut to October and prematch of the Rangers game.

Shame there wasn't a proper documentary film maker on the production team.

Just now, kila said:

Followed by Budge and Levein disclosing to the camera crew how emotional the event was. What a way to run a football club... no wonder it took so long to get rid of him.

Said the same thing to my partner who isn’t as invested as I am, she pointed out that Ann had Levein in with her from the start, the first 3 years were class and rosy so why wouldn’t she trust him to do it again and even turn it around eventually.

I said that’s all fair and good but she took far to long to sack him when it clearly needed done and she said they look like they’re clearly mates and quite close. Again therein lies the issue. 

Goes to show how the less tribal of us view it though. But I’m inclined to say they’re wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Claire Delworth’s dad is a regular poster on here and his great grandfather is a one of our founding fathers of Heart of Midlothian.

She came across very well, spoke with passion about our club. The whole family are dyed in the wool jambos and are proud to wear our colours. I’m happy for her and her dad, who will be a proud father tonight.

Well done Mr D 🇱🇻

Agreed 👏👏👏

Do you think there will be a director's cut. All tasty bits not allowed to be sown on the sugar coated version.

The groundsman was itching to say more of what he really felt. Could have done with more of him.

Head Groundsman boasting of keeping the pitch in tip top condition.:cornette:

I also felt for the groundsman.  From someone who has battled a stutter my entire life I applaud his bravery for going on camera.

SectionFJambo

That was like satire. Sadly the only person who seemed remotely bothered about playing for the club or winning was the young girl.

Locke is hilarious but what exactly is his role at the club 😀

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

This means the main emphasis will be on the latter part of the season and the pandemic. I'm assuming part 2 will be Stendel and the team getting anchored at the bottom, then the part 3 will be covid. Looking forward to it, hope we get some insight into the events of the league ending as so much of it is shrouded in mystery.

In defence of the film-makers the real story of last season in Scottish football wasn't Craig Levein being shit, it was the pandemic. They were on the inside when that hit, so to cover more of Levein and less of that would be very poor journalism. In a way we may have dodged a bullet there!

It wasn't a film on Scottish football and the pandemic, it was a film about Heart of Midlothian FC in which C.L. played a huge part. How the season ended has an important part but so did Levein, certainly a bigger part than McPhee who got a lot of air time.

The first 4 month of last season could have filled the 3 episodes alone and been edge of seat stuff, yet we were treated to very tame show.

As you say we have been spared a shit show on TV, but the shit show still unfortunately happened for us.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye he did. That and that he’s good at shooting from outside the box. Which tbf I can think of one instance where that was true. 

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Well done Mr D 🇱🇻

Fair do's, but could that not have just been posted on twitter?

Blander than a Coldplay record.

No insight and just glossing over the absolute sh1tfest on the park.

You'd think they would have had more focus on the anger in the stands, protests etc. leading up to Levein being sacked as opposed to a shrug of the shoulders and "sorry Craig, its not working out so I'm afraid I'm sacking you."

(but just the one job).

Still cringe at MacPhee and his suit and maroon tie and reeling out of stats to hype up the St Mirren win.

Also, was it wrong I laughed at the First World War described as "The ******* War"?

Thought Locke and the women's football came across well to be fair, but ultimately it was just boring.

Maybe a good thing I suppose....

Craig Levein was racking his brain as to why we get so many injuries.

Er, it may have something to do with having a smoking hot physio!