• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

Really not a fan of the documentary. They somehow managed to miss all the goings on in any depth and focused on catering and the womens team.

Main takeaway was that I felt sorry for Stendel, he was treated appallingly.

4 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Actually I think this season can actually be one where we needn't worry about relegation.  We ve some good young players, with a seasons championship football under their belt and a manager more in the Stendel mode of attacking football.  Well done on your win, you're in the promotion spots!

Fair enough. Good luck. 😄

3 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

I have always been a fan of Mrs Budge since she saved the club.

But the documentary gave me a nagging feeling of a control freak who doesn't know what she is doing when it comes to the football side of things.

The lets have chat meetings with Daniel and Robbie appeared contrived for the cameras. Daniel especially looked bemused when he was sitting opposite her. 

Stendel looked bemused having a meeting sitting opposite his boss ? He also looked bemused trying to win football matches. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Stendel looked bemused having a meeting sitting opposite his boss ? He also looked bemused trying to win football matches. 

Because it was obviously staged and it was awkward to watch... Do you side with Budge over Stendel?

I'd swipe the correct way on Tinder with the PR girl... just something about her, but then I also like nails down a blackboard! "Good to see you Hun, how you been Hun?"  Just wheesht and get that dress aff :)

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'd swipe the correct way on Tinder with the PR girl... just something about her, but then I also like nails down a blackboard! "Good to see you Hun, how you been Hun?"  Just wheesht and get that dress aff :)

:berra:

47 minutes ago, kila said:

Because it was obviously staged and it was awkward to watch... Do you side with Budge over Stendel?

In what respect ? Stendel made a shit team worse. Very little time for a guy who couldn’t improve us. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Enjoyed the whole series. Good look at the people who keep the club going. I can't see how any of it would have been remotely interesting for anyone who doesn't follow Hearts though, and the coverage of the league closing was pretty poor, but it was never intended to be a Panorama episode.

There definitely is an investigative piece waiting to be written on how the season was ended etc though.

I do like that many fans of Hibs, St Mirren, etc ordered some popcorn in expectation of car crash TV and will have ended up gutted we were actually shown in a very good light overall. My Hibee mates were looking forward to this and gave up after about 1 and a half episodes. Nae luck.

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Enjoyed the whole series. Good look at the people who keep the club going. I can't see how any of it would have been remotely interesting for anyone who doesn't follow Hearts though, and the coverage of the league closing was pretty poor, but it was never intended to be a Panorama episode.

There definitely is an investigative piece waiting to be written on how the season was ended etc though.

I do like that many fans of Hibs, St Mirren, etc ordered some popcorn in expectation of car crash TV and will have ended up gutted we were actually shown in a very good light overall. My Hibee mates were looking forward to this and gave up after about 1 and a half episodes. Nae luck.

I enjoyed it too and thought it looked a great place to work. All the comments about the number of women working there are a bit outdated as they are generally calmer than men and just as capable. I imagine if it had been filmed under Vlad then staff would have been frightened to speak and sackings would have been common place.

12 hours ago, Armageddon said:

:rofl:

Aye, but keep it to yourself.

18 hours ago, Armageddon said:

That smooth talk, must knock the lassies bandy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 hours ago, Dazo said:

In what respect ? Stendel made a shit team worse. Very little time for a guy who couldn’t improve us. 

God knows what you think of our owner then

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is what I think too.

Also would love a proper investigation into the ending of the league.

17 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Is it just me or was the Hearts doc woeful?

It was all a bit kind of superficial, for want of a better word. I didn't really enjoy it but if they had gone in depth and shown a warts and all type documentary, I would have probably enjoyed it even less.

Reading that back I'd be hard to please 😀

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It was all a bit kind of superficial, for want of a better word. I didn't really enjoy it but if they had gone in depth and shown a warts and all type documentary, I would have probably enjoyed it even less.

Reading that back I'd be hard to please 😀

Basically there are 3 documentaries out there:

1.  heavily-sanitised version of how wonderful the club is

2. warts and all version around the whole LeveinBall experiment*

3. proper investigation into the voting fiasco and aftermath.

Claire the go-to person at Hearts must have turned down the TV offer, in hindsight and based on what was offered up (in my opinion rubbish) a good decision.

22 hours ago, Armageddon said:

😮

maroonlegions

Looking forward to Budge handing over the reins to the FOH.

Hopefully the library atmosphere  in the ground and sucking up to clubs that wanted us fecking DEAD will end to.. Maybe the young team that were trying to create an atmosphere will return.  

ONLY HEARTS. FTH.

She is out of her depth.    

18 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Looking forward to Budge handing over the reins to the FOH.

Hopefully the library atmosphere  in the ground and sucking up to clubs that wanted us fecking DEAD will end to.. Maybe the young team that were trying to create an atmosphere will return.  

ONLY HEARTS. FTH.

She is out of her depth.    

There's quite the difference between a great atmosphere and a toxic atmosphere with songs that belong in a Glasgow stadia.

TRNSMT = Great atmosphere

BNP Rally = Toxic atmosphere

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

There's quite the difference between a great atmosphere and a toxic atmosphere with songs that belong in a Glasgow stadia.

TRNSMT = Great atmosphere

BNP Rally = Toxic atmosphere

Sorry Ann.

But if you want that argument then take it to Celtic and their green army on match days and way days with the vile shite they sing. Unfortunately we have always had that small majority  who think they are at ibrox..  

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Basically there are 3 documentaries out there:

1.  heavily-sanitised version of how wonderful the club is

2. warts and all version around the whole LeveinBall experiment*

3. proper investigation into the voting fiasco and aftermath.

Maybe what we saw was a good reflection of the people in charge rather than being heavily sanitised (if that's what you think)? Locke, Budge, Levein and the players all came across the same as they do in other interviews. The staff all came across as good people who enjoy their jobs.

I know a lot of people wanted #2 but what Levein tried to do was not really that revolutionary. The fact we had a couple of meh seasons and a disastrous season is also not a very unique or in interesting football story, especially given the enormous injury list that every fair-minded person would agree impacted results severely for two seasons. "Club has shit run of form, sacks manager, replacement is also shit" is a story that happens every season to multiple clubs.

In the last few years there have been loads of bigger stories than "LeveinBall" - the Romanov years at Hearts, the downfall of Hibs from Collins to relegation, the implosion of Rangers, the D Utd shenanigans going from one of the best young sides in the country to four years in the Championship, the Celtic Boys club story, the Dundee vote fiasco. 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe what we saw was a good reflection of the people in charge rather than being heavily sanitised (if that's what you think)? Locke, Budge, Levein and the players all came across the same as they do in other interviews. The staff all came across as good people who enjoy their jobs.

I know a lot of people wanted #2 but what Levein tried to do was not really that revolutionary. The fact we had a couple of meh seasons and a disastrous season is also not a very unique or in interesting football story, especially given the enormous injury list that every fair-minded person would agree impacted results severely for two seasons. "Club has shit run of form, sacks manager, replacement is also shit" is a story that happens every season to multiple clubs.

In the last few years there have been loads of bigger stories than "LeveinBall" - the Romanov years at Hearts, the downfall of Hibs from Collins to relegation, the implosion of Rangers, the D Utd shenanigans going from one of the best young sides in the country to four years in the Championship, the Celtic Boys club story, the Dundee vote fiasco. 

I agree, and #2 would not exactly have the support of the club. Could probably cobble together a vaguely interesting book from kickback quotes alone. 

All the things you list are worthy of proper journalistic pieces. Fat chance of that 😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 24/11/2020 at 13:18, Pasquale for King said:

What way would you say Neilson plays and does he have a plan b?

He’s shown he has a plan b a few times already this season 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He’s shown he has a plan b a few times already this season 

Which is? What game? He changes formations and players but it’s the same tactics. We go a bit more over the top when Wighton plays up top, that’s it. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which is? What game? He changes formations and players but it’s the same tactics. We go a bit more over the top when Wighton plays up top, that’s it. 

plan B is going 2 up top. He changed it at half time twice and explained it after at least one of those games

anyway you’ve proven he has one in your own comment - whether you like it or not is another matter.

we also switched to 3 at the back against Dunfermline I think - a plan c for you there... 

Doesnt matter if you don’t like it or it didn’t work - anyone that says Neilson doesn’t make tactical or formation changes during a game and changes “plan” is clearly blind

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Dennis Reynolds
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cameras around during the Romanov years would have been amazing. I'd take a documentary of the players/staff going into detail about those years! Absolute carnage. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

plan B is going 2 up top. He changed it at half time twice and explained it after at least one of those games

anyway you’ve proven he has one in your own comment - whether you like it or not is another matter.

we also switched to 3 at the back against Dunfermline I think - a plan c for you there... 

Doesnt matter if you don’t like it or it didn’t work - anyone that says Neilson doesn’t make tactical or formation changes during a game and changes “plan” is clearly blind

My original answer was to someone who said Stendel didn’t have a plan b, if changing the formation is a plan b then he did this too. The poster meant he had no other way of playing, Neilson doesn’t have any other way of playing either. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My original answer was to someone who said Stendel didn’t have a plan b, if changing the formation is a plan b then he did this too. The poster meant he had no other way of playing, Neilson doesn’t have any other way of playing either. 

What’s his “way of playing”?

What would constitute a plan B to you?

Jesus he said this week he was concerned that midfielders weren’t getting up the pitch enough and into the box against Dunfermline and then he gets an immediate reaction for two of our goals this week

What more do you want?

Players respond to him - parts of the Alloa game showed a “different way of playing” as evidenced by two of the goals.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What’s his “way of playing”?

What would constitute a plan B to you?

Jesus he said this week he was concerned that midfielders weren’t getting up the pitch enough and into the box against Dunfermline and then he gets an immediate reaction for two of our goals this week

What more do you want?

Players respond to him - parts of the Alloa game showed a “different way of playing” as evidenced by two of the goals.

I’m not sure why you’re getting your knickers in a twist. 
As I said my response was to someone saying Stendel had one way of playing, the point is Neilson is no different. They both play a certain way, making changes in formation or players in positions doesn’t change the basic way they want the teams to play. Pep and Klopp change formations but they play the same way no matter what. 
I liked the bit about the midfielders, classic manager taking credit for something they should’ve been telling them to do all along not just after 9 games. Well done for doing his job, would you give him credit for now practising our frankly abysmal crossing or finishing/penalties?
Plan B is probably the wrong way of putting it as not many managers have them, not many play completely different ways from game to game. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Not sure if its been referenced in the read but the best football fly on the wall documentary was made in 1995. It was broadcast in 1995 on Channel 4 entitled Orient: Club for a fiver. There then manager John Sutton pretty much never worked in pro foot all again.  Check him out on Google.

46 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Not sure if its been referenced in the read but the best football fly on the wall documentary was made in 1995. It was broadcast in 1995 on Channel 4 entitled Orient: Club for a fiver. There then manager John Sutton pretty much never worked in pro foot all again.  Check him out on Google.

Just watched a snippet on you tube.

There are new follow ups with his side of the story. Going to watch them, he certainly shoots from the hip.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just watched a snippet on you tube.

There are new follow ups with his side of the story. Going to watch them, he certainly shoots from the hip.:lol:

Just read his autobiography very badly written but he's still angry and bitter towards a fair number of people. Very loyal to those who are loyal to him. He fell out with the guy who was co-writing it, bit of a pattern there. 

Have to say I thought it was pretty disgusting and unprofessional the way Stendel found out Robbie had been appointed. If he couldn’t be contacted then nothing should have been announced

That being said I enjoyed the show otherwise 

Edited by Jamhammer

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Have to say I thought it was pretty disgusting and unprofessional the way Stendel found out Robbie had been appointed. If he couldn’t be contacted then nothing should have been announced

Diddums. 

Finally got round to watching all 3 episodes this morning and I have to say I was underwhelmed. The only people who will have learned anything about Hearts are those who knew nothing about Hearts...

I did feel sorry for Stendal though. Considering how loyal Budge was to Levein for years, she really wasn't in the least bit loyal to Stendal at all...Made me wonder if it was Levein whose parting shot in May was to tell Budge to get Neilson back in?

23 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Finally got round to watching all 3 episodes this morning and I have to say I was underwhelmed. The only people who will have learned anything about Hearts are those who knew nothing about Hearts...

I did feel sorry for Stendal though. Considering how loyal Budge was to Levein for years, she really wasn't in the least bit loyal to Stendal at all...Made me wonder if it was Levein whose parting shot in May was to tell Budge to get Neilson back in?

You are not alone in that last thought.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I could be wrong, but I think Utd were going to release the news if we didn't.

I'm only adding this as an explanation/excuse.

I was in the Stendel fan club and would still prefer to have had him in charge.

onwards and upwards
On 29/11/2020 at 20:56, Gambo said:

You are not alone in that last thought.

Levein was sat in hospitality at the Dundee game. 

Incredulous. 

On 26/11/2020 at 23:31, LMc said:

Cameras around during the Romanov years would have been amazing. I'd take a documentary of the players/staff going into detail about those years! Absolute carnage. 

Get a hold of the DVD - Hearts the Pre Season Story and watch the documentary Romanov - King of Hearts. Those were the days!

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2020 at 01:57, onwards and upwards said:

Levein was sat in hospitality at the Dundee game. 

Incredulous. 

On 03/12/2020 at 09:21, kila said:

Was it a menu or notepad in his hand?

Or was it John Nelmes and not Craig Levein?

Maroon Sailor
On 29/11/2020 at 20:33, Spellczech said:

Listening to the radio clip they played it was a resounding No from Levein when asked if he was surprised by Robbie's appointment.

Probably the only person on that show who wasn't