BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, they have months to prepare for window opening so get the deals done ASAP. The problem I suppose this time was getting guys out the door to free up wages, but again that could’ve been set up in December, like getting Berra out on loan. 

How do you get guys out the door

-if no other club has expressed an interest?

- if a player chooses to sit tight?

- if who pays what cannot be agreed between us and interested (loan) clubs?

Edited by JamboAl

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

12 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

I could be way off the mark, but hey it's late at night now.

What boils my pi$$ is this seemingly Sky sports driven transfer window last day nonsense.
Why do clubs wait until 23:55 (Scotland) or 22:55 (England) to gets deals across the line when in fact they have had 30 DAYS to conclude transfers? I know that there is brinkmanship on all sides.....but this last day nonsense is surely poor management on all sides.
How many players have we missed out on, or have rushed through airports off the last flight into Edinburgh to conclude a deal?

Spot on.  Sky Sports have turned the transfer window into a last day circus.  

I got round to watching a bit of this and i found it a hard view.

Watching the team slide from defeat to defeat, unveiling the likes of Sibbick, Stendel manfully trying to keep positive when you have the nagging feeling nobody is really buying into it...painful.

Pasquale for King
On 20/11/2020 at 12:54, JamboAl said:

How do you get guys out the door

-if no other club has expressed an interest?

- if a player chooses to sit tight?

- if who pays what cannot be agreed between us and interested (loan) clubs?

I know the way football works  is a complete mystery to you. 
If you want rid of a player you
A, ask around your many contacts, agents/managers etc to see who needs an experienced CH for example. B, you make it abundantly clear to the player he doesn’t fit into your plans and can go, his agent will then try and get him a move. 
C, you make the deal happen, not sit around and wait until the last minute when it’s too late to replace them. Dundee for example said they couldn’t afford Berra early in the window but deal was done eventually. Not criticising the HR department for sitting on the phone ringing, that’s not their job to do the actual deal. 
D, if Damour for example sits tight which they are entitled to do you can only leave them out the first team picture, but with the deals your hero gave out with a high basic wage that doesn’t have much affect. 

You have to make the deals happen not wait around for something to turn up. We did it in January with Mulraney, Keena and eventually Berra, also in the summer with Burns, Washington, Uche, Garuccio, Doyle, Clare etc. 
It’s a normal and essential part of football. 

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know the way football works  is a complete mystery to you. 
If you want rid of a player you
A, ask around your many contacts, agents/managers etc to see who needs an experienced CH for example. B, you make it abundantly clear to the player he doesn’t fit into your plans and can go, his agent will then try and get him a move. 
C, you make the deal happen, not sit around and wait until the last minute when it’s too late to replace them. Dundee for example said they couldn’t afford Berra early in the window but deal was done eventually. Not criticising the HR department for sitting on the phone ringing, that’s not their job to do the actual deal. 
D, if Damour for example sits tight which they are entitled to do you can only leave them out the first team picture, but with the deals your hero gave out with a high basic wage that doesn’t have much affect. 

You have to make the deals happen not wait around for something to turn up. We did it in January with Mulraney, Keena and eventually Berra, also in the summer with Burns, Washington, Uche, Garuccio, Doyle, Clare etc. 
It’s a normal and essential part of football. 

But HOW do you make the deals happen?

A.  Are you suggesting that hasn't been done?   Standard practice I would have thought.

B -  It is abundantly  clear to everyone that Damour doesn't fit; he's out of the picture but still here.   That I would guess is solely down to the player as the agent would most likely benefit with a percentage from any new deal.

C - Berra was just a loan and is still here.  Personally I hope he remains here for the rest of the season after last night's show.

D - Other clubs have to want them and the move must be suitable to the player, no doubt taking into account his family circumstances etc.  It obviously suited these players to move on with the exception of Doyle who is still a Hearts player but not every player is happy to keep changing clubs which often necessitates new living arrangements/children's school and whatever.

Seymour M Hersh

Just watched part two and found it fairly enjoyable.  I wonder if there will be anything re the stitch up we find about about in part three that we haven't heard about. Re the glum faces and lack of welcome for the new coach at the go-karting, much ado about nothing. Time and again you could see there was a good atmosphere around the dressing room and training ground. 

Does anyone know where I can watch the current BBC series besides iPlayer?
Not living in the UK, so dont have access to it through the beeb.

Big Slim Stylee
On 19/11/2020 at 12:21, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah nobody noticed when Burley was sacked and a sex offender replaced him. 

Not one of our greatest moments, tbh 🙁

been here before

Oooft 2 wummin interviewed already and folk helping out feeding the homeless. i8hearts'll be raging already.

Incoming attention seeking shite on its way....

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

The groundsmen getting more screen time than Levein is a disgrace. He is the reason we are a laughing stock in this documentary.

He’s not been very humorous so far, that’s true. 

that task force thing was embarrassing, you could tell from the moment they told ann to front it that they were just humouring us, total waste of time

When the Premiership clubs were so clearly dead against Reconstruction you have to ask a lot of questions about the reasons for giving the impression it was something possible.

I see this logic that Doncaster is using all the time,

"80% of the clubs voted for it so its fair" 

That is the most selfish and idiotic view of fairness you're likely to see

Just now, kila said:

This is so sad about Stendel. Terrible way to be treated, especially after he gave up his entire wage. Was that even mentioned in this documentary?

This.  Diamond of a bloke.  

3 minutes ago, kila said:

This is so sad about Stendel. Terrible way to be treated, especially after he gave up his entire wage. Was that even mentioned in this documentary?

Yes it was mentioned last week 

Although I like Budge finding it hard to have sympathy with her as it was her decisions or not ( sacking Levien earlier) that got us into the shit 

The Future's Maroon

Weird, programme on tv about our ridiculous demotion and loads of low post count/hardly seen before posters all over the thread...sad lives some live.

Just now, SectionFJambo said:

Completely forgot we took this to court. All because we got ourselves relegated.

4 points behind with 24 to play for ffs :lol:

We were most definitely due compensation for that

SectionFJambo
Just now, BigAlim said:

4 points behind with 24 to play for ffs :lol:

We were most definitely due compensation for that

The way we were playing we would have ended up 28 behind.

Ahhh that's nice of the club - encouraging folk to be elitist.

As for the boy asking people to sanitise. Must have been for the camera as was nowhere to be seen when I went in August.

Just now, SectionFJambo said:

Purely an opinion, league tables are decided by the number not conjecture 

3 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Ahhh that's nice of the club - encouraging folk to be elitist.

As for the boy asking people to sanitise. Must have been for the camera as was nowhere to be seen when I went in August.

Christ. Every post of yours is negative. 

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Stendel was badly let down by budge. To find out through the press that he was no longer manager is a disgrace. Amateur hour!

Yeah shocking. Pretty brutal by Budge. He didnt deserve that. She says she tried to contact him. Bull s**t