BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I just imagined it would be more healthy versions of these 🤔

There are healthier versions, but athletes are people, not robots. 

Fans forget that. 

They want to eat, drink and **** as much as anyone, they just need to do it in moderation and more importantly in line with the clubs or trainers guidelines, not do what a few empty heads think is best. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Personally, I can't quite get my head around as to why any Hearts fan gives a toss about Hibs winning the cup let alone straining to pin the 'blame' on Robbie and seemingly letting such thoughts fester away and spoil their lives. Apart from anything else it was four flippin' years ago. I'd got over the expense of having to go corporate for the Easter Road re-play before I even got home that night and prefer to remember that they arsed up their post-match 'celebrations' and even managed to 'Hibs' their victory parade; since when normal service has resumed. And, anyhow, who'd be so mean as to deny Hibs another 'first'? The first Edinburgh team to win the Scottish Cup after a 114 year hiatus. Only another 110 years and they can go for the double. 🏆

It's the same folk that on one hand say hibs are irrelevant, we own them, they obsess about us etc. 

Yet on they other hand seem to build up our entire club around beating them and very little else. 

It's a jkb phenomenon. 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

The original tie + replay v hibs must be the most over-analysed game in our history - it's tedious.  Walker was half fit?  That's football management - it's not a computer game.  We literally had a half fit team in our last game against hibs and that turned out very well.  You could equally attribute our semi win to one terrible mistake by Nisbit, but it would be a poor argument because football matches are decided on incalculable variables.

I agree, in summary you could say many fans are a fickle, emotional mess. 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Personally, I can't quite get my head around as to why any Hearts fan gives a toss about Hibs winning the cup let alone straining to pin the 'blame' on Robbie and seemingly letting such thoughts fester away and spoil their lives. Apart from anything else it was four flippin' years ago. I'd got over the expense of having to go corporate for the Easter Road re-play before I even got home that night and prefer to remember that they arsed up their post-match 'celebrations' and even managed to 'Hibs' their victory parade; since when normal service has resumed. And, anyhow, who'd be so mean as to deny Hibs another 'first'? The first Edinburgh team to win the Scottish Cup after a 114 year hiatus. Only another 110 years and they can go for the double. 🏆

Wasted a good song. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There are healthier versions, but athletes are people, not robots. 

Fans forget that. 

They want to eat, drink and **** as much as anyone, they just need to do it in moderation and more importantly in line with the clubs or trainers guidelines, not do what a few empty heads think is best. 

I’m certainly not an empty head thanks. 
They are people obviously but they won’t be the best they can be if they don’t eat the best things to help them, they are earning a fortune doing a job they love and sacrifices have to be made. 
One slice of pizza for example. They may not have the skills but there are certain things that they can do to maximise their careers. 
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1907414-cristiano-ronaldos-incredible-post-match-ritual-revealed

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m certainly not an empty head, thanks.
They are people obviously but they won’t be the best they can be if they don’t eat the best things to help them, they are earning a fortune doing a job they love and sacrifices have to be made. 
One slice of pizza for example. They may not have the skills but there are certain things that they can do to maximise their careers. 
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1907414-cristiano-ronaldos-incredible-post-match-ritual-revealed

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m certainly not an empty head thanks. 

Some folk don't want to sacrifice everything like that  tho. 

Many will go so far, but won't sacrifice enjoyment, family and social circles for thier career. 

Some will go the full hog, some not enough, some just enough. 

Fans forget that. 

Not everyone is as driven as Ronaldo, nor should they be. 

Life is short, recent events with Zal show that enjoying life for the here and now may be more important than long term sacrifice to gain more. 

It's a different debate and opens up the social and well being side of things as well. 

Everyone is different, some  fans forget that and expect players to be like robots, they're not and they all have different levels of ambition and differing priorities- just as in life. 

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's clear we won't get anywhere as a club unless we start turning up en masse every morning to throw hot gravel at the office staff on their way into work.

we need  someone like this running the offices at Tynie:

Windsor Davies, star of BBC's most non-PC comedy, dies aged 88 | Daily Mail  Online

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some folk don't want to sacrifice everything like that  tho. 

Many will go so far, but won't sacrifice enjoyment, family and social circles for thier career. 

Some will go the full hog, some not enough, some just enough. 

Fans forget that. 

Not everyone is as driven as Ronaldo, nor should they be. 

Life is short, recent events with Zal show that enjoying life for the here and now may be more important than long term sacrifice to gain more. 

It's a different debate and opens up the social and well being side of things as well. 

Everyone is different, some  fans forget that and expect players to be like robots, they're not and they all have different levels of ambition and differing priorities- just as in life. 

Absolutely. I don’t forget it I just want the best for our club, however unlikely that is to happen. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

we need  someone like this running the offices at Tynie:

Windsor Davies, star of BBC's most non-PC comedy, dies aged 88 | Daily Mail  Online

Just get Naismith to do a few hours a week in there, I can hear his voice screaming at them already “where’s the ****ing highlighters” or “put your coffee here not there” 😆😂

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just get Naismith to do a few hours a week in there, I can hear his voice screaming at them already “where’s the ****ing highlighters” or “put your coffee here not there” 😆😂

:)

just out of interest......after 8 games unbeaten this season.....are the same office staff still in situ?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

just out of interest......after 8 games unbeaten this season.....are the same office staff still in situ?

Good question, not one I have the answer to I’m afraid. 
Maybe they will answer that as one of them did admit they read JKB. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Give there is a reduced workload I'd expect may to be on furlough. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

His management of the 2-2 with Hibs was very poor. Refused to go in for the kill in the second half but then chose the precise point where we’d conceded and our arses we’re going to throw on Jamie Walker. It was a bottle job from Robbie.

23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If Neilson has us back up getting into Europe no-one will care if we're playing this mythical pressing game or not, a style that only seems really effective against the better teams in Scotland going by Stendel's brief time and the fact no-one else does it here. It will be interesting to also see how Stendel's career develops the next couple of years. He wasn't at Hearts long enough for that spell to have either helped or hindered his career.

Neilson was hounded out by a small section of our support for his playing style when we were challenging for Europe - who could forget the plane. For the record, I wasn't one of them, and won't be next time - I liked Robbie alot. However, there's a small number of our supporters who not only want us to be successful on the pitch, but want us to achieve it by playing in an open and entertaining way. That's the longer term challenge for Robbie Neilson. 

52 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Neilson was hounded out by a small section of our support for his playing style when we were challenging for Europe - who could forget the plane. For the record, I wasn't one of them, and won't be next time - I liked Robbie alot. However, there's a small number of our supporters who not only want us to be successful on the pitch, but want us to achieve it by playing in an open and entertaining way. That's the longer term challenge for Robbie Neilson. 

Not sure I want a manager who is so weak he gets hounded out by a small group of fans. 

Perhaps he left because he thought MK Dons was his stepping stone to a bigger English club and a shot at the EPL. Seems more plausible, no?

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

His management of the 2-2 with Hibs was very poor. Refused to go in for the kill in the second half but then chose the precise point where we’d conceded and our arses we’re going to throw on Jamie Walker. It was a bottle job from Robbie.

Boy at Hibs is so  lucky. He can just brush off defeat, joining along list of failures. No expectation for Calder wood, Fenlon,Butcher, Higginbotham?

We were a league below back then, just realised

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Sorry, think.we were in the same league for that 2-2 draw

This is the first season since the early 80s that Hibs have been in the league above us. And they only managed that via a vote.

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

This is the first season since the early 80s that Hibs have been in the league above us. And they only managed that via a vote.

Indeed. Hibs Class, apparently

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Indeed. Hibs Class, apparently

Correct. They are utter shite, as the semi proved.

FTH.

Guest ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There was more to that game. It's been discussed to death on here. We had made enforced subs early in the game and so couldn't bring fresh attacking legs on, plus a couple of players were walking wounded. If we'd had 2 subs left we absolutely would have brought on another striker or two. Despite that we had one cleared off the line at the death to win it.

Like us this season, Hibs had a Premiership squad with some danger men up front and in McGinn. Aside from Alexander, Djoum and Nicholson, their starting team on paper arguably looked better than ours. It was actually quite an achievement for Neilson to get 3rd that season with a fairly mediocre squad as we were still rebuilding.

Anyhow, back to discussing the programme. Stendel came across brilliantly, as did his coaches, but it was surprising to see him so relaxed about Washington leaving. Of all our forwards he looked most capable of playing the pressing game. The injury to Stone in his first first-team training session just seems to sum up the run of bad luck with injuries we were having. 

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good question, not one I have the answer to I’m afraid. 
Maybe they will answer that as one of them did admit they read JKB. 

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Give there is a reduced workload I'd expect may to be on furlough. 

my point was more that when we’re winning, nothing gets said about off the field activities - in any club 

32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Anyhow, back to discussing the programme. Stendel came across brilliantly, as did his coaches, but it was surprising to see him so relaxed about Washington leaving. Of all our forwards he looked most capable of playing the pressing game. The injury to Stone in his first first-team training session just seems to sum up the run of bad luck with injuries we were having. 

Maybe he thought Thiam was srill a goer.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

my point was more that when we’re winning, nothing gets said about off the field activities - in any club 

Quite correct. 

Folk just moaning because they can Tbh. 

We have won 8 in a row, in the next round of the lc and in our second sc final in a row. 

Ken whit, let's talk about the ticket lass. 

hbg-title-9781444762099-3.jpg

been here before
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ken whit, let's talk about the ticket lass. 

Does she know who we're playing on Friday?

Edited by been here before

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Does she know who we're playing on Friday?

Probably not, nae tickets I be sold! 

been here before
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Probably not, nae tickets I be sold! 

Nevertheless it stands to reason a man would know.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Was that the case in 2006?

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was that the case in 2006?

guess my point was more general around atmos and behaviour of the office staff. I don't think it changes much whatever the results are.

I also don't think it affects transfer business either. It's agents and a bit of player power that dictates what goes on. Sibbick arrived in hours. Boyce took longer. Boyce with more options and possibilities to weigh up.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

guess my point was more general around atmos and behaviour of the office staff. I don't think it changes much whatever the results are.

I also don't think it affects transfer business either. It's agents and a bit of player power that dictates what goes on. Sibbick arrived in hours. Boyce took longer. Boyce with more options and possibilities to weigh up.

I’m not convinced that people qualified in HR should really be dealing with the murky world of transfer dealings, whatever their sex. I thought that was the DoF and head scouts job? Some deals obviously go quicker, being prepared to get them in place before January has to be a big part of such a small window. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

On the whole, everyone had their head in the sands back then. 

Yeah nobody noticed when Burley was sacked and a sex offender replaced him. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not convinced that people qualified in HR should really be dealing with the murky world of transfer dealings, whatever their sex. I thought that was the DoF and head scouts job? Some deals obviously go quicker, being prepared to get them in place before January has to be a big part of such a small window. 

Once you get to contractual issues you need HR/Legal people involved. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Once you get to contractual issues you need HR/Legal people involved. 

No shit, it didn’t look like anyone was actually pushing the deal just that they were waiting on a phone call on whether it was happening. The ex DoF gave the impression he was rushed off his feet doing deals 24 hours a day, buy buy sell sell when the actual reality is a lo different. No wonder our transfer dealings have been such a costly disaster. 

1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Well I am still enjoying the show simply as its the club I love and its good to see the behind the scenes staff.

Yup, me too. Good programme!

44 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No shit, it didn’t look like anyone was actually pushing the deal just that they were waiting on a phone call on whether it was happening. The ex DoF gave the impression he was rushed off his feet doing deals 24 hours a day, buy buy sell sell when the actual reality is a lo different. No wonder our transfer dealings have been such a costly disaster. 

Was it a successful deal? 😎

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was it a successful deal? 😎

Depends, if you call Langer/Advidaj/Sibbick or Boyce a success considering they did extremely little to save us from being demoted. They all got pizza though so it’s all good. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah nobody noticed when Burley was sacked and a sex offender replaced him. 

Barely registered :lol:

Didn't do anything about it though, did we. Still turned up and there was no real protest or indignation and we certainly didn't think about the back office staff.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends, if you call Langer/Advidaj/Sibbick or Boyce a success considering they did extremely little to save us from being demoted. They all got pizza though so it’s all good. 

From an HR process perspective it was successful then. 👍

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

From an HR process perspective it was successful then. 👍

Yeah you can judge that from what we’ve seen right enough. The players might well have been unhappy with how it was handled, Thiam may well have been raging that he didn’t sign for us because people were sitting eating pizza instead of getting on the phone and doing the deal. Sibbick might’ve been freaked out that two middle aged women were fawning over him. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah you can judge that from what we’ve seen right enough. The players might well have been unhappy with how it was handled, Thiam may well have been raging that he didn’t sign for us because people were sitting eating pizza instead of getting on the phone and doing the deal. Sibbick might’ve been freaked out that two middle aged women were fawning over him. 

You seem to be judging more than me. 😄

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You seem to be judging more than me. 😄

Does that make you a poor mod 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would you prefer that they were stand-offish towards him and make him feel unwelcome both at the club and in this country?  As an aside, when a business has a Human Resoutces department, it's usually their job to deal with matters relating to human resources, leavig others to get on with the job they were hired for.

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could be way off the mark, but hey it's late at night now.

What boils my pi$$ is this seemingly Sky sports driven transfer window last day nonsense.
Why do clubs wait until 23:55 (Scotland) or 22:55 (England) to gets deals across the line when in fact they have had 30 DAYS to conclude transfers? I know that there is brinkmanship on all sides.....but this last day nonsense is surely poor management on all sides.
How many players have we missed out on, or have rushed through airports off the last flight into Edinburgh to conclude a deal?

10 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

What boils my pi$$ is this seemingly Sky sports driven transfer window last day nonsense.
Why do clubs wait until 23:55 (Scotland) or 22:55 (England) to gets deals across the line when in fact they have had 30 DAYS to conclude transfers? I know that there is brinkmanship on all sides.....but this last day nonsense is surely poor management on all sides.
How many players have we missed out on, or have rushed through airports off the last flight into Edinburgh to conclude a deal?

Almost like buying a house 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Absolutely, they have months to prepare for window opening so get the deals done ASAP. The problem I suppose this time was getting guys out the door to free up wages, but again that could’ve been set up in December, like getting Berra out on loan.