BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

That was the Brian McLaughlin show last night. Can’t believe BBC showed about 15 seconds worth of both the derby wins at Easter road in the two episodes and completely left out the rangers Scottish cup game

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

6 minutes ago, maroon said:

That was the Brian McLaughlin show last night. Can’t believe BBC showed about 15 seconds worth of both the derby wins at Easter road in the two episodes and completely left out the rangers Scottish cup game

Yep. I know we're only playing with three episodes but cmon!

29 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Your post is spot on bud and thinking back to the whole shit show from last season is emotional in itself. It got to the stage that I switched off after 40mins as I was having flashbacks and some of the documentary had me filling in the blanks to things that now made sense. We were so badly run and badly organised from top to bottom. Anne’s statement about ‘this is going to cost us a whole lot of money’ doesn’t even scratch the surface. Through inept appointments across the whole spectrum,  we’ve pissed away millions down the drain.....and the headless chicken stuff for me is the sad part of a great institution like Heart of Midlothian. I sincerely hope Robbie takes us back to where we belong. 

It’s almost like Levein woke up one day and hadn’t seen a playbook in his life. He was totally at sea with it all. It was desperate stuff and to think of the wonderful facilities we have , contracts we pay and fans who are diehards that go everywhere, and we toil to beat the Hamilton’s, St Mirrens and Ross County’s of this world. 

Was far too depressing to watch at times. Berra having a moan about being told he was free to go after his wedding. Does he honestly think he’s done a great job as captain of our club? We should’ve left Uche at karting extreme as a pit worker instead of giving him a place on the bench.

If ever we needed to fly a plane over Tynecastle to get the message across about ‘no fight’ then it could’ve been at nearly every one of our home games from last season 

Good post.  When you're caught up in it at the time, everything is blurred by emotion - which was predominantly anger.  Looking back on it, the anger is still there at just how poorly things were handled on a number of levels.  But we can only hope that the lessons have been learned.  I'm treating this season as a reboot, for myself as much as anything.  

37 minutes ago, maroon said:

It didn't really capture much at all did it?

I stand by my remarks about episode 1 that this documentary is pretty amateurish and is just a bunch of content thrown together. Almost as if the folk doing the editing don't know football! Merely a PR stunt for Budge and her pals, and the third episode will cement that.

Hans von Luck
49 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Players really didn’t like stendel - their faces at the go carting said it all. Watching last night I couldn’t help think he needed to go for a wash and put decent clothes on. Found him a bit sleezy. Good seeing what everyone does though 

I agree with that, the body language on the team and interaction with the manager did not look great. Robbie has a different mentality, knows the club and the real type of characters required to get us out of this mire. Halliday, Gordon to name a couple.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
20 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Got to agree here. He must’ve seen that JP was culpable on so many occasions and left it far too late to bring Bobby back into the fold. The one at parkhead when he palmed a shot straight back to a Celtic forward to score should’ve illustrated to DS that his confidence was wrecked and he needed dropped. To persist with him and a few co conspirators,  sealed our demotion. 

I know he inherited a shit squad but the game plan had to be consolidation with a win at all costs mentality and not try and play gegenpress with back line that was too slow. That method alone cost us valuable points.

Our first 11 now would be challenging in the top half of the table but we are still a few short. For an assault on 3rd place, we need a few more in and out the door. I think RN is doing just fine and no point in looking backwards now 

Re Perierra there were some quite reliable posts last year that suggested the loan deal with Man U didn’t exactly force us to play him but that we had to cough up more money if we didn’t.

Clearly with hindsight we should have coughed up the money but I do wonder if it wasn’t just down to Stendel that we persisted with him for so long?

I thought last night was good. 1st episode set the scene, last night was better and takes us to lockdown. Now the shitfest of our ejection from the league ends the series next week.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Is there a particular reason why Mclaughlin features so much in our documentary? I assume it is just the 'BBC' thing but it boils my piss.  It is fly on the wall and an 'inside' thing and that ***** is an outsider. He has been hanging about the club like a bad smell for years.

He appears to be the journalist that asks most at our press conferences and has for years. 

If the production team went to most of the press conferences and spotted this, I can see why, along with local journalist Barry Anderson are interviewed most from press by them.

A key part of a journalists job is to 'hang around like a bad smell' anyway.

Edited by DETTY29

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Players really didn’t like stendel - their faces at the go carting said it all. Watching last night I couldn’t help think he needed to go for a wash and put decent clothes on. Found him a bit sleezy. Good seeing what everyone does though 

I caught that as well. Just like the Cathro appointment I had never heard of Stendel and whoever was advising AB got it wrong.  We needed a strong English language speaker who could get his message over to the players in no uncertain terms. I don't believe Stendel could do that. In a lot of respects Covid has done us a favour because we got shot of Stendel and it is build onwards and upwards again with Robbie.

It is also obvious to me that Budge has the main focus on how many females she has employed. They may as well just call the documentary 'The Hearts office Ladies'.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

It is also obvious to me that Budge has the main focus on how many females she has employed. They may as well just call the documentary 'The Hearts office Ladies'.

Lol; back on track "Fat Brian" is very friendly with BB and JJ so would imagine he will be onside if required in the future.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Lol; back on track "Fat Brian" is very friendly with BB and JJ so would imagine he will be onside if required in the future.

I have spoken to McLaughlin on a few pissed up European tours and asked him if he was a Jambo and he said yes but really doubt it the way he speaks about us. Impartial BBC - give me a break.

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:lol:

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Should be full of manly men, with the smell of woodbine & musk permeating the office. Coupled with a single toilet that looks like the black hole of Calcutta.

Simpler times. 

:laugh2:

Hey guys, meet your new assistant manager.

5-E61-B713-438-A-46-DF-B7-AA-5153640-F8-

Damour looking as enthusiastic as ever, bellend.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have spoken to McLaughlin on a few pissed up European tours and asked him if he was a Jambo and he said yes but really doubt it the way he speaks about us. Impartial BBC - give me a break.

Could say the same about you mate.

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Hey guys, meet your new assistant manager.

5-E61-B713-438-A-46-DF-B7-AA-5153640-F8-

Damour looking as enthusiastic as ever, bellend.

Prick. That really wound me up. 

You know, all it would have taken is for one of the senior players to stand up and shake his hand and encourage everyone else to do the same. Like a football TEAM and not a bunch of overpaid individuals. 

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You really are a misogynist aren’t you i8? Or you just fishing? Of all the things I saw that annoyed me in the doc last night this didn’t even register

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

You know, all it would have taken is for one of the senior players to stand up and shake his hand and encourage everyone else to do the same. Like a football TEAM and not a bunch of overpaid individuals. 

His attitude stinks, his ability stinks and he has and will not bring anything of value to our club.

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Should be full of manly men, with the smell of woodbine & musk permeating the office. Coupled with a single toilet that looks like the black hole of Calcutta.

Simpler times. 

:lol: nudie calendar on the wall. 

Just now, Jamhammer said:

You really are a misogynist aren’t you i8? Or you just fishing? Of all the things I saw that annoyed me in the doc last night this didn’t even register

I do not hate, dislike or mistrust women no. However, I am honest enough, mature enough and big enough to have my own opinions. I feel that we have too many women with no or little experience in football running the show in the background at Hearts.  I feel that Budge sees someone with a background in human resources as suitable to do the human resources for a football club and attribute this to our staggering failures in recruitment since she came in. 

42 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I caught that as well. Just like the Cathro appointment I had never heard of Stendel and whoever was advising AB got it wrong.  We needed a strong English language speaker who could get his message over to the players in no uncertain terms. I don't believe Stendel could do that. In a lot of respects Covid has done us a favour because we got shot of Stendel and it is build onwards and upwards again with Robbie.

I disagree unless the players went a bit xenophobic and switched off instead of listening.  

When we as non footballers could understand what he was getting at when watching the videos the club put up, there is something wrong if the players couldn't.

Now if the players didn't agree with his tactics or not good enough to play them, that is a different matter.   

I don't get Stendel's English being that much worse than say Csaba's and Sergio had to speak very slowly to get his English out.

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Simpler times. 

I hope the toilet would have a glory hole

:oohmatron:

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

This is what I saw as well. He looked like he needed a bath. He also looked too "touchy feely" with the office ladies although they weren't complaining I suppose.

It was the players, they seemed to be indifferent towards him.

Also, WTF with the Harry Potter snitch thing? Is he 12?

I'm glad he's away and that might not sit well on this forum but, something about him just didn't sit right with me.

Thought it was a bit "cringy"

Edited by Pans Jambo

As others have said last nights episode made me a bit more emotional than the first one.

The new arrivals. I’d completely forgotten about Langer. Toby looked decent but got sick. Donis we barely saw. 
The Berra row annoyed me at the time and did last night. Dogs on the street were talking about how he was costing us and he was unprofessional moaning to the press. I get it. He was hurt but should have taken a minute. Whelan had downed tools too before he was emptied and I have to say I thought bringing him in was a great idea, just what we needed but a total letdown.

Had we appointed Daniel after the cup final and given him a close season it could have been a different story but we didn’t and trying to play the way he wants to with the staff he had was, probably the final nail in the coffin.

Would we have escaped? I don’t know but it would have been lovely to have had the chance

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I do not hate, dislike or mistrust women no. However, I am honest enough, mature enough and big enough to have my own opinions. I feel that we have too many women with no or little experience in football running the show in the background at Hearts.  I feel that Budge sees someone with a background in human resources as suitable to do the human resources for a football club and attribute this to our staggering failures in recruitment since she came in. 

So the offices should be filled with football MEN who aren’t nice?

Gotcha

10 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I have to say I’m delighted at how relatively dull and watered down this documentary has been so far as I’d been dreading how we would be portrayed. I actually think over the 2 episodes they’ve showed us winning more than losing! 

Whilst Stendel did a pretty poor job as manager he comes across very well. Have to feel for him in terms of the shambles he inherited.

This episode has also reminded me how much I can’t stand Brian McLaughlin.

Harry Stone comes across superbly and clearly has his head screwed on. Hopefully he gets the career with us that he deserves.

Look back over the thread before the first one was aired and you will see a sense of dread amongst the support so i think we should be relieved at what has been shown so far.

They really could have put together a damning assessment of the club (although i have only seen the first one so far) and quite why any Hearts fan would want us to go through that on the small screen is beyond me.

Just now, Jamhammer said:

So the offices should be filled with football MEN who aren’t nice?

Gotcha

In my opinion yes.

Stephane Grappelli

I didn't like Scott Wilson's remarks about how some fans would be happy just beating Hibs four times a season regardless of where we finish.  In my opinion it's not true, just gives Hibs fans some ammo and makes them think they're more important than they are.

For me, it would be more accurate to say some folk are angry if we don't beat Hibs 4 times a season regardless of where we finish. Most of us expect to beat Hibs more often than not but we also expect to beat most other teams as well and be at the right end of the table.

Jambo in Bathgate

Thought the speed of thought test with the young players was an eye opener. You can see now why Henderson featured under Stendal. Think Cochrane is still living on that game against Celtic. He will have to step up. 

53 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

This

The whole programme annoyed me last night. We look like we're run by a bridge club committee. 

Its either one one of two things; the makers don't have a clue or  they've had selective access.

I'd be angry if not once the very real threat of relegation wasn't mentioned by the board the manager and the players. 

All the focus shouldve been about about how to avoid relegation. We saw a bit of training but nothing from the dressing room during a match day.

The signings were atrocious, the defending worse and no one seemed to care when we lost.

2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Why would that matter? 

If you work in the hearts shop you should know who we are playing that day - no excuse not to.  Was very disappointed to see that - sums up a lot of the attitude of some that work in the shop.  They often take the fans for granted too.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

The whole programme annoyed me last night. We look like we're run by a bridge club committee. 

Its either one one of two things; the makers don't have a clue or  they've had selective access.

I'd be angry if not once the very real threat of relegation wasn't mentioned by the board the manager and the players. 

All the focus shouldve been about about how to avoid relegation. We saw a bit of training but nothing from the dressing room during a match day.

The signings were atrocious, the defending worse and no one seemed to care when we lost.

We have been run like a community centre since Budge came in. I called it about 5 years ago and it appears many people have been in denial or just not honest enough to admit it.

We will go up with no issues this season, I am in no doubt about that. The same shit will appear next season, again I am sure of that. Not even abject failure will make Budge realise that this is not Google headquarters, it is professional football envirinment built on winning and not box ticking and glitter. All this documentary has done is prove me right.

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Why would that matter? 

In the same way going to a cinema and the staff have no clue what is showing or a waiter in a restaurant not knowing what today's special is.

William H. Bonney
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If you work in the hearts shop you should know who we are playing that day - no excuse not to.  Was very disappointed to see that - sums up a lot of the attitude of some that work in the shop.  They often take the fans for granted too.

It’s conceivable to think that you could work in the club shop and not really know anything about football. It’s just a shop. It’s not like they’re answering the clubcall hotline. 

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

It’s conceivable to think that you could work in the club shop and not really know anything about football. It’s just a shop. It’s not like they’re answering the clubcall hotline. 

Tbh, you could work in restaurant and not know what’s on the menu too but it doesn’t say much for you as an a employee or your employer.

No ones expecting them to give lectures on the clubs history but it’s not exactly a great ask to expect to know if there’s a game that day and who against.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Berra than you
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

And while we are at it we could do with some expert groundstaff and not a team that look like cub scouts on bob a job.

🤣🤣. Head groundsman has years of experience. Do you know of their qualifications? 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh, you could work in restaurant and not know what’s on the menu too but it doesn’t say much for you as an a employee or your employer.

No ones expecting them to give lectures on the clubs history but it’s not exactly a great ask to expect to know if there’s a game that day and who against.

Fair comment. I’m just not sure it’s as a major concern as jih is making it out to be. 

Gordon Ramsay
15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Looked like that to me a bit as well. 

If you didn't know the club were in a relegation battle you'd think we were top of the league. No one bothering their arse. 

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

🤣🤣. Head groundsman has years of experience. Do you know of their qualifications? 

No, but I look at the nick of the pitch and know of their ability.