BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Just watched it over my lunch break.

Thought it was fine, not too much controversy and quite nice to see Gary Locke buzzing about the place.

Quite incredible to think that was all a year ago. Seems a lot longer.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Just watched it over my lunch break.

Thought it was fine, not too much controversy and quite nice to see Gary Locke buzzing about the place.

Quite incredible to think that was all a year ago. Seems a lot longer.

The whole episode confirmed one thing for me.....Gary Locke is definitely orange.

Absolutely infuriating to watch, what a fecking clown levein was. 

Gary Locke is class though. 

The show has made me feel so bloody glad we are where we are now. Not the league we want but things seem to be getting done correctly now. HHGH.

I enjoyed it, thought it was interesting to see a few areas not normally in the public view.

I am a bit surprised to see so many people (especially earlier in the thread) who are apparently disappointed that the programme didn't rip into us more and air our dirty laundry in public. Not sure how that could benefit us as a club. 

15 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I enjoyed it, thought it was interesting to see a few areas not normally in the public view.

I am a bit surprised to see so many people (especially earlier in the thread) who are apparently disappointed that the programme didn't rip into us more and air our dirty laundry in public. Not sure how that could benefit us as a club. 

It wouldn’t. 

Leveins Battalion

Really enjoyed the programme,I have been struggling of late with my mental health and it was nice to be reminded of some sort of normality and of why I love this club.

Was nice to see some familiar faces.

7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

My goodness.

They really are ruined, aren't they. Brainwashed nitwits who still think their club is some shining light of honesty, flair and innovation.

Didn't they hear Ann Budge explain her loan to Hearts, or see and hear the FOH board meeting? £125,000 each month from fans who want to, and are able to, help their club.

They were annoyed that the cameras didn't show Ann emptying the poppy fund collection tins.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

They were annoyed that the cameras didn't show Ann emptying the poppy fund collection tins.

Now that would have been a hoot to set up for a supreme trolling of those nitwits. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, jambonian said:

I said at the time of Stendel's appointment that it would take him 18 months to turn the club around.  Stendel was exactly the appointment that she herself said she was looking for. Someone who wants to work hard with young players, he did, improve some of the players already at the club, he did, a more attacking style of play, again he did. I watched the Barnsley video on YouTube at the time and what was said and what Ann Budge wanted was almost identical. Stendel was the right appointment but it came too late. He was given a poor hand to start with. Too many players in their Levein bubble or comfort zone. He got rid of a few non-triers but was never going to be able to lose too many at the one time. It was going to have to be one or two here and there as often as he could until he was rid of the ones he was unhappy about. I still believe he would've given us a real attractive team to watch and be proud of. He was never given long enough to prove himself because of Covid which is why i would never slate the guy on a 3/4 month stretch.

Stendel did a mostly terrible job given his goal was to keep us up and he would not have been the right man to bring us back from the Championship. I do think he could have turned it around with us in the Premiership if he'd kept us up though, although he was running out of time to do that when the pandemic hit. I also think we'd have had a decent chance of winning the cup with him. We can only judge him on his time with us though and he took far too long to acknowledge the dire predicament we were in. Very possibly right manager wrong time, but then we can also say things might have been very different if injuries hadn't hit Levein's side in 18/19.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Now that would have been a hoot to set up for a supreme trolling of those nitwits. 

Great image of Ann with the tin upside down with a knife in the coin slot.

Aw the .net clowns, "ah Kent it"

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Great image of Ann with the tin upside down with a knife in the coin slot.

Aw the .net clowns, "ah Kent it"

What I wanted to see was Craig Levein appearing in the background in various guises - cleaner, chef, doorman, office worker...

Cruickie's Moustache

Given some of the complaints re the programme and the running of the club I think the assistant groundsman summed it up nicely in one clip.

Shout all you like from the stand but when offered the fork to actually do the hard work, most folks shy away.

As some have said it was lightweight but it wasn't made for Hearts fans, who know a good deal of the story already, and it fits nicely into a dreech Monday evening winter slot and gives enough information and entertainment for any neutrals watching. 

Like all these types of shows they are looking for a character/emotional leader like Gary Locke who will bleed for the organisation even if asked to clean the loos. A wee bit of serious emotional stuff like the McCraes and general behind the scenes nonsense, shadowing those who have to do some of the more mundane things that lets us all enjoy our club and games days in particular.

I suspect it might warm up as it heads towards the end of the season and the shenannigans regards Covid etc. However not sure how much access the BBC would have had during lockdown. 

54 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Really enjoyed the programme,I have been struggling of late with my mental health and it was nice to be reminded of some sort of normality and of why I love this club.

Hope you're doing ok LB. My DM's always open if you need an ear 👍

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why are people expecting match highlights and more about our on field woes at the time? The title of the program surely must give it away......INSIDE Tynecastle.

Fair point plus having been at all the home games and few away I’m not sure I or the viewer want to see a rerun of any of them towards the end of CL era were utter gash. 

17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I also really enjoyed it. Hopefully we will be all back together soon.

Keep you head up Liam. Take care.

7 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I also really enjoyed it. Hopefully we will be all back together soon.

Keep you head up Liam. Take care.

Weird, it's quoted me but it was Levein's Battalion with the original quote.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
42 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Given some of the complaints re the programme and the running of the club I think the assistant groundsman summed it up nicely in one clip.

Shout all you like from the stand but when offered the fork to actually do the hard work, most folks shy away.

As some have said it was lightweight but it wasn't made for Hearts fans, who know a good deal of the story already, and it fits nicely into a dreech Monday evening winter slot and gives enough information and entertainment for any neutrals watching. 

Like all these types of shows they are looking for a character/emotional leader like Gary Locke who will bleed for the organisation even if asked to clean the loos. A wee bit of serious emotional stuff like the McCraes and general behind the scenes nonsense, shadowing those who have to do some of the more mundane things that lets us all enjoy our club and games days in particular.

I suspect it might warm up as it heads towards the end of the season and the shenannigans regards Covid etc. However not sure how much access the BBC would have had during lockdown. 

Again though, the pitch at Tynecastle has been a joke. Nobody explains that or is pushed to explain it. It’s just ‘you have a go if you think you can do better’.

I mean, I’m assuming the groundsman isn’t doing the job for free.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why are people expecting match highlights and more about our on field woes at the time? The title of the program surely must give it away......INSIDE Tynecastle.

Where is the field if it's not inside Tynecastle? :whistling:

Stendel is history .... he was always the wrong person regardless of timing! Why? Far too inexperienced and no management experience at all at a club as big as Hearts. Time will tell but I think managing Hearts was the peak of his careeer!

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I expect you had hoped for more focus on face painting 

Felt really sorry for Craig Levein. i know he wasn't successful but he dearly loves Hearts and cares. Not so for the useless McPhee - he looked a complete waste of time. Gary Locke came across well - and I really liked the groundsman

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

Felt really sorry for Craig Levein. i know he wasn't successful but he dearly loves Hearts and cares. Not so for the useless McPhee - he looked a complete waste of time. Gary Locke came across well - and I really liked the groundsman

Embarrassing the way people on here tried to defend McPhee (mainly by pretending he had mythical talents which we hadn’t quite tapped into). Was shown up as an imposter straight away by the Huns

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The field is outside.

Where do you imagine someone is if they told you they are standing outside Tynecastle? The centre circle?

23 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Where do you imagine someone is if they told you they are standing outside Tynecastle? The centre circle?

I undetstand this. But when someone talks about going inside a football club it would mean to me the running of the club.

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I undetstand this. But when someone talks about going inside a football club it would mean to me the running of the club.

I know, I am just being facetious :locke:

I'm just catching up now, it was quite emotional seeing big Craig talk. I've always been a fan of the guy, it broke my heart that things worked out the way they did. I know it went on too long, I know we needed change, but I just never had it in me to turn on him.

Just finished watching it and it is a pretty superficial view of the works of a football club. It’s not geared up to be a deep journalistic investigation and I’m not expecting much, if any, revelations in the next two episodes. It’s a bit like the Ladybird Book of Football Clubs. 

richardhateshibs
7 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Wonder if the next part will show how Perrera was the best at dodge ball at the club.

Still say a half decent keeper and we wouldn't have been bottom 

100% this. As bad as we were, If Zlamal was kept in goal we would have been sitting in 11th when the season was cut short. 

Perreira cost us 4 points from 2 games in a row (st Johnstone away then a home game if i remember correct) plus several other points he cost us aling the way.

16 hours ago, Barack said:

Definitely a hint of missed schadenfreude on this thread from some.

Hardly revelatory. But interesting to see.

The most succinct post on this thread. 

BRAVEHEART1874

Aye,  I enjoyed it. Doesnt feel that long ago with the camera set up on the roof at st andrews social club. Very funny seeing mcphee on his arse at that header :)   New dressing room is huge compared to the old

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just finished watching it and it is a pretty superficial view of the works of a football club. It’s not geared up to be a deep journalistic investigation and I’m not expecting much, if any, revelations in the next two episodes. It’s a bit like the Ladybird Book of Football Clubs. 

Good description. 

I wonder if Hearts have ensured they will show certain elements of the battle with Doncaster and the league  that show our frustration and anger. 

Maybe not Budge putting the phone down on Doncaster, looking at the camera and mouthing the c-word, but something that makes it clear that we were raging. 

Jambo in Japan

I appreciate the original aims were to show the development of the club as a whole and its day to day running over the last 5 years before our full transition to fan ownership, but they've really missed a trick by not exposing what the hell was going on with the first team under Levein. It's ultimately what we all really wanted to see...

I never fully appreciated that Levein might not have wanted to be a DoF back in 2014 but the club were desperate for a Hearts person to fill the role. The more I dwell on what he said, the more I think he was just trying to cover his arse for the mess he created. Juggling DoF and first team coach was entirely his own doing and was only going to end one way. Ann's big mistake was not at least telling him to choose one role or the other to maintain the structure of the club and continue the development.

Austin's Japanese is dreadful 😂 Meshino never had a chance. Also thought Austin seems to love himself a bit much for someone who achieved absolutely nothing at Hearts.

Ann's chat with the finance director was completely staged. I cringed at the loaded comments of how big a club we are. Just showed that her only aim for the documentary was to create a big PR stunt and make the management look good.

Locke comes across really well.

I'll hope that the next two episodes are a bit more fascinating but given that they chose to dedicate so much time to MacPhee's handful of games in charge, I'll not hold my breath..

1 hour ago, Jambo in Japan said:

I appreciate the original aims were to show the development of the club as a whole and its day to day running over the last 5 years before our full transition to fan ownership, but they've really missed a trick by not exposing what the hell was going on with the first team under Levein. It's ultimately what we all really wanted to see...

And the crux of the matter is that was not the terms of documentary agreed by the production team and Hearts and notably their audience isn't solely 'WE'

Jambo in Japan
24 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

And the crux of the matter is that was not the terms of documentary agreed by the production team and Hearts and notably their audience isn't solely 'WE'

Indeed. It will only ever be as interesting as what was agreed to be shown.

'tis what it is.

JamboBrisbane
5 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

For folks abroad that might not be able to access:

Thanks for that Rixxy, been having trouble trying to watch this over in Oz....if possible could you try and upload the next 2 episodes as well once they come out?

Would be much appreciated mate.

Thanks again👍

4 hours ago, Jambo in Japan said:

Ann's chat with the finance director was completely staged. I cringed at the loaded comments of how big a club we are. Just showed that her only aim for the documentary was to create a big PR stunt and make the management look good.

Did come across that way, just didn't seem right that Ann as Chairwoman/CEO was talking the DoF through the recruitment process in the way someone junior to the DoF would, it'd surely just be a case of 'we have shortlisted 3, you're going to have to budget the new managers salary as being between these numbers'

14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Embarrassing the way people on here tried to defend McPhee (mainly by pretending he had mythical talents which we hadn’t quite tapped into). Was shown up as an imposter straight away by the Huns

Are you saying that anyone who puts out a team against Rangers and loses by 3 goals is an imposter?

I'm not defending McPhee by asking that.

Ex member of the SaS
18 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Are you really saying managers who applied for the job should have been named on camera, interviewed and then made to face the camera just to please you ?

Your naivety in regards to managers applying for the post is just laughable...agents work for managers and fire off CV's at a moments notice..they don't stop to think about the club and it's needs financially or otherwise and a manger does not know initially the salary on offer...much of it is done to keep them in the public eye

So much nonsense and again another chance to put the boot onto Levein/Budge which lets face it is the reason for your post

Wrong. As much as I dislike Levein I have supported Ann. Having a moan doesn't mean I want her out. As for managers there are many here in the know and had these names been banned about then we would have heard more. Not suggesting putting them in front of a camera and this is more about YOU having a dig than anything else.

25 minutes ago, graygo said:

Are you saying that anyone who puts out a team against Rangers and loses by 3 goals is an imposter?

I'm not defending McPhee by asking that.

The list of non-imposters will be very small if being easily beaten by Rangers is the barometer.