BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

10 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You should hear my Tourette’s Dave. I only developed it following Hearts and have grown into it over the years. It’s particularly bad when we play the wee team but is known to rise a few decibels when we play the erse cheeks too. 

😎

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

No probs, I know you're a PHM and put a shit load of money into the club, you deserve all the sleep you can get after the last 6 years. 

Too kind pal but thanks 👍

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

MacPhee :facepalm:

The bit before the press conference when the PR woman is trying to coach him on what to say and he starts blabbing on about his unbeaten record as interim manager 😫😫😫.  Other than the team talk before the St Mirren game, I thought he came across badly.  It’s no surprise we got so excited about Stendel. 

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Best quote of the night was Scott Wilson in the Gorgie Suite. 

To the guy who was getting the framed shirt for sponsoring the game....’thats it get right in front of the camera and give us a big smile. You can show off your new teeth that you’ve probably paid a fortune for.’ 

Always good value is Scotty Boy 😂

I thought that bit was cringy. 

Thought it was decent. Nothing too derogatory towards us. Was interesting to see what happens behind the scenes.

Enjoyed McPhees speech before the st Mirren game. Felt like he really got us, though in general the performances were grim when he was in charge. 

Made me miss Tynie so much - can't wait till I'm back in our home watching our team 😢

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

The bit before the press conference when the PR woman is trying to coach him on what to say and he starts blabbing on about his unbeaten record as interim manager 😫😫😫.  Other than the team talk before the St Mirren game, I thought he came across badly.  It’s no surprise we got so excited about Stendel. 

The real cringe was getting driven to the game. Did he have a drink driving conviction or something because it was like he knew the cameras were going to be there and so he arranged to pontificate.

19 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think they showed what Gary Locke does at the club. He’s employed as club ambassador and, although he seemingly speaks better German than English, he looks to have a lot of enthusiasm in his role. I could well imagine him being very good with the hospitality customers. Always talks the club up, unlike 2 or 3 other previous players who are regarded as big Hearts men. Looks to be an upbeat presence around the club. Certainly better than being a “weary Willie”.

I think Hearts would be struggling to find a better person for his current role.

👍

18Jambo_dave74

I grew up watching the likes of Adam, Flogel, McCann, Cameron etc.

Have to feel for the poor wee lad who’s favourite player was Callumn Morrison. 

Macphees brave heart speech was beyond cringe. Should have been sacked on the spot for that. We were playing St. Mirren at home ffs, no fighting an invading horde of Saracen Warriors. 

:vrface:

10 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Best quote of the night was Scott Wilson in the Gorgie Suite. 

To the guy who was getting the framed shirt for sponsoring the game....’thats it get right in front of the camera and give us a big smile. You can show off your new teeth that you’ve probably paid a fortune for.’ 

Always good value is Scotty Boy 😂

I thought that was aimed at big Christophe. 

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That's the problem a 12 parter would have been needed to cover everything. 

What is it with supposed Hearts

fans ? 

Some seem to be disappointed because they didn't get to see the club tear itself apart. 🤔

I was happy enough as a supporter who always wants to see more of our club but it's still not a great documentary.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I was happy enough as a supporter who always wants to see more of our club but it's still not a great documentary.

Seeing Levein cheered me up.

I’ll probably have nightmares after watching that imposter and wage thief.

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Tbf it is BBC Scotland not HBO.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Macphees brave heart speech was beyond cringe. Should have been sacked on the spot for that. We were playing St. Mirren at home ffs, no fighting an invading horde of Saracen Warriors. 

True but he was trying to get us in a place to win our first home game in 7 months.  Grim, but that's where we were at, at that point. And it succeeded though my recollection of the game is that it flattered us... 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

He came over as humble and decent imo.  Felt for him I don't mind saying. Even admitted he failed pretty much.

26 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Wait till episode 4 guys as it will get better. Before anyone asks, this is the stuff of fairytales when we lift the cup in December after a year of turmoil. It’s all rainbows and lollipops from here on in 🇱🇻🍭🌈🏆

Aw naw just aw naw, your prediction record is so poor would rather you said we got hammered to be honest.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He came over as humble and decent imo.  Felt for him I don't mind saying. Even admitted he failed pretty much.

Yip cared more about Hearts than everyone else on except Lockie and Pedro, poor first episode for non Hearts fans and low key for us 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree. Was desperate for him to be given the bullet, and he did stay on too long, but I do think he's a decent person and does love our club. He'd just come to the point where he didn't have the ability anymore to manage us and wasn't able to realise that how deficient he was... 

Felt a wee bit sorry for Levein. Obviously has the club in his soul but more or less admitted he did a pretty shit job. Hard for the guy.

Gary Locke came across as an upbeat character. A PHM if ever there was one. 

The FOH committee ? Well let’s just be kind and say, first impressions,it could do with a bit of ooomph !

Overall though, they’ve managed to make something potentially interesting and insightful into a pretty bland reality show.

Dunno if anyone, Hearts fan or otherwise learnt anything or saw anything to make them watch next week, although no doubt I will anyway.

6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Aw naw just aw naw, your prediction record is so poor would rather you said we got hammered to be honest.

If you look back at the last derby thread at Easter road then I predicted we’d win 3-1. I even posted my bet on the thread. Then check the semi final thread. I said we’d win 2-1 with Boyce and Wighton as the scorers. It’ll still be on there my pal.

My predictions are all coming true. I’m sure I said somewhere that we’d stay up, qualify for Europe next season and win the cup. I’ll take the cup win right now tbf. 

Can’t be right all the time though 😂

I enjoyed it more than I was expecting. It's not an in depth analysis of the football but a view of the whole club. I'm happy enough to see the groundsmen at work, the women's team winning something, the shop looking busy, a wee peak at hospitality, some polite words from Mrs Budge, some shots of what happens with the media, some fans and their take on things. Loved the feeling of being back inside tynecastle on a match day the best though

55 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Seeing the inside of the offices etc. you do have to wonder where all the money went 

They were only built to be temporary, That’s why they look basic. The plan was to move them to the second floor of the new stand. 

I can see why folk think this was a missed opportunity with all that has happened. A 12 part dissection of the season analysing relationships, tactics and dressing room drama, and going into the minutiae of every single detail as the likes of which are scrutinised on here would be fun for us and indeed some other football fans.

But this is wide appeal Monday night filler to see a bit of what goes on at a football club in the same way we have programmes looking at how a cruise liner runs or a hotel - in that context I think it was pitched okay and the likelihood is that it will get more interesting to the general public as the curveball of Covid hits.

I wasn’t expecting much and enjoyed it because of that - just seeing around Tynie was comforting after so long.

I think generally we’ll come out looking okay (which seems to have riled some folk up on here).

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Why anyone would want cameras around when doing your job is beyond me. Austin can at least say he wasn't as cringey as this (the original audio wasn't much less cringey, the dance though...):

8 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

I can see why folk think this was a missed opportunity with all that has happened. A 12 part dissection of the season analysing relationships, tactics and dressing room drama, and going into the minutiae of every single detail as the likes of which are scrutinised on here would be fun for us and indeed some other football fans.

But this is wide appeal Monday night filler to see a bit of what goes on at a football club in the same way we have programmes looking at how a cruise liner runs or a hotel - in that context I think it was pitched okay and the likelihood is that it will get more interesting to the general public as the curveball of Covid hits.

I wasn’t expecting much and enjoyed it because of that - just seeing around Tynie was comforting after so long.

I think generally we’ll come out looking okay (which seems to have riled some folk up on here).

Agree with you completely and it must be a real sickener that they didn't see Craig Levein dragged out to the guillotine and, bloody hell, all these ordinary people talking about their love of the club, even in the midst of that turmoil, must have really brassed off some on here.

I enjoyed it more than it brassed off those and such as those.

50 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Give it a break!

We're not all so intellectually superior!

Just think, he could just have said, come on lads, you're shite and we'd have lost 5-3.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Give it a break!

We're not all so intellectually superior!

Just think, he could just have said, come on lads, you're shite and we'd have lost 5-3.

Wouldn't have made any odds if we had lost 5-3, would it? :stuart:

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Agree with you completely and it must be a real sickener that they didn't see Craig Levein dragged out to the guillotine and, bloody hell, all these ordinary people talking about their love of the club, even in the midst of that turmoil, must have really brassed off some on here.

I enjoyed it more than it brassed off those and such as those.

There's quite a few folk on here that would sugar coat a turd tbf. 

:sadrobbo:

"****ing injuries" 👍 as it was said in thon documenatary.   Sums up some of the problems we had winning.   Doesn't explain the coaching or player mentality though.   Hearing "seven months without a win", did heighten my attention.   I was waiting on a decent explanation but all we got was a new manager to try fix it. 

Decent watch.   Looking forward to the next episodes.   Mixed emotions on it, some happy, sad.   Didn't feel angry or embarrassed.   

Edited by HMFC01

Pasquale for King

Glad I did two interviews in the Diggers, and tried to keep calm during the first derby at ER whilst being filmed from all angles(failed miserably) , convinced others to be interviewed for it all to end up on the cutting room floor. That’s show business for you. 

I think Locke come over well and is in the perfect job nowadays, he genuinely looked bothered when saying Craig would be gutted when he was sacked, no hint of gloating. 

Macphee and his suit, slated for it but Neilson was lauded for wearing the exact same thing 😱🤷🏾‍♂️

I think Stendel pointing out his English was ok but he couldn’t understand a Scot might well have went against him with these so called journalists. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

"****ing injuries" 👍 as it was said in thon documenatary.   Sums up some of the problems we had winning.   Doesn't explain the coaching or player mentality though.   Hearing "seven months with a win", did heighten my attention.   I was waiting on a decent explanation but all we got was a new manager to try fix it. 

Decent watch.   Looking forward to the next episodes.   Mixed emotions on it, some happy, sad.   Didn't feel angry or embarrassed.   

I was embarrassed, I laughed when they said Doyle broke his ankle 🙈

59 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Being honest I was no fan of Levein but was it just me ,I thought you could see the hurt in the guys  eyes ,he was a good servant to Hearts but it's a shame the way it ended,I still think he bleeds maroon .TIN HAT ON

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

It was always going to be low budget fluff,it was a  BBC Scotland production. 

Although it's been more entertaining reading the halfwits on here raging about it tbf . 

Not sure why people keep saying it is a BBC Scotland production, you're not the first.

It is a Two Rivers Media production, they sold the program to the BBC. 

They are an independent production company with Channel 4 as a financial backer.

https://www.tworiversmedia.co.uk/

1 hour ago, Aaron78 said:

I agree. Was desperate for him to be given the bullet, and he did stay on too long, but I do think he's a decent person and does love our club. He'd just come to the point where he didn't have the ability anymore to manage us and wasn't able to realise that how deficient he was... 

Correct m8 totally 👌 

9 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Being honest I was no fan of Levein but was it just me ,I thought you could see the hurt in the guys  eyes ,he was a good servant to Hearts but it's a shame the way it ended,I still think he bleeds maroon .TIN HAT ON

Just overstayed his welcome by about a year. 

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was embarrassed, I laughed when they said Doyle broke his ankle 🙈

Yeah!  I enjoy a good laugh when your down and someone breaks an ankle.

Bloody hilarious!

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Yeah!  I enjoy a good laugh when your down and someone breaks an ankle.

Bloody hilarious!

I had actually forgotten Doyle had existed. The flashbacks to how horrendous some of that squad were. :vrface:

Levein seemed to end up doing a few things : he "ended up" taking the job because it was Hearts (BIG pause while he chose his rather unexhuberant  response) and then he "ended up" splitting off his time between manager & DOF roles. Talk about damned by faint praise. 

I watched 20 mins or so on iPlayer - that was enough. 

It seems to me the producers have switched the narrative from the catastrophic football failures to the pandemic/demotion  when I really was hoping to see what really happened during Levein's shit show. 

36 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The heart scare took more out of him than he probably let on, mind you with who was minding the ship no wonder he rushed back after getting the stents inserted.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Levein seemed to end up doing a few things : he "ended up" taking the job because it was Hearts (BIG pause while he chose his rather unexhuberant  response) and then he "ended up" splitting off his time between manager & DOF roles. Talk about damned by faint praise. 

I watched 20 mins or so on iPlayer - that was enough. 

It seems to me the producers have switched the narrative from the catastrophic football failures to the pandemic/demotion  when I really was hoping to see what really happened during Levein's shit show. 

A pandemic stopping football is a much bigger story than a team playing crap.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

A pandemic stopping football is a much bigger story than a team playing crap.

Indeed. And the shenanigans in how we were shafted even more so.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Indeed. And the shenanigans in how we were shafted even more so.

This is what I'm looking forward to. Although no doubt no-one - Budge especially - can say on camera what they really want to say about the SPFL. We'll no doubt see some of the background to the discussions around wages and budgets etc as well as the legal stuff, but also how the pandemic affected the people who run Hearts - the groundsman, Stendel, players, Locke and the other characters introduced during the first episode.

This actually might help show the affect of the vote on ordinary people behind the scenes, something the "Scottish football family" didn't seem that bothered about at the time.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

The highlight for me was MacPhee shouting instructions during training to Meshino in Japanese 😂. But I do agree the consensus that he came across a bit of a knob.

You can see how much Levein is hurt by what happened. The guy is as big a fan as us.

Fair play to the groundsman as well. I'm in a similar boat and would be going nowhere near the camera if that was me.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

That's the problem a 12 parter would have been needed to cover everything. 

What is it with supposed Hearts

fans ? 

Some seem to be disappointed because they didn't get to see the club tear itself apart. 🤔

I definitely don't want to watch that, I'm just more interested to see more behind the scenes stuff. It did seem like a lot was stuffed into an hour worth of programme. 

Edited by Dallas Green

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, Archie White said:

Locke came across well because he seems to be the only person at the club with any resemblance of a personality. 

Bit harsh tbh. He's used to speaking to crowds and in front of cameras whereas most of the background staff aren't. I'm sure plenty of them have personalities.