BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Enjoyed it, was glued to it but think that is more down to the fact I bloody miss going to Tynecastle.  I can see why non Hearts fans would find it boring as it doesn't really dig into anything but none of these shows do, the recent Tottenham one was a snorefest.

Have to agree. All these fly on the wall documentaries are terrible unless you're close to the subject matter, plus they're going to be tame as they need the club's cooperation to get it made. The best sport documentaries are after the fact ones made years later, like the recent Maradona one, or the ESPN 30 for 30 series, or the Last Dance. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

Very hard to put so much content into 56 minutes. I suppose we could have had less of Gary Locke, the groundsmen and the women and more on tactics and explaining poor results. 

When I watch similar shows of US businesses they do a bit more of the struggles people have had. Children with cancer etc. But very much along the same lines. Focused on the people. And very successful businesses too. So those trying to find a relationship between what we saw and what they don't like are way off. 

Familar, expected, predicable comments though

Tennant's  6's
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I thought he said Bozanic is the best player at the second ball.

You're right. 

Sounded like a purely stats based comment

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Craig Levein was racking his brain as to why we get so many injuries.

Er, it may have something to do with having a smoking hot physio!

You're an absolute slaver this year, but in a different way from last year. what has happened? Off the drink?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It wasn't a film on Scottish football and the pandemic, it was a film about Heart of Midlothian FC in which C.L. played a huge part. How the season ended has an important part but so did Levein, certainly a bigger part than McPhee who got a lot of air time.

The first 4 month of last season could have filled the 3 episodes alone and been edge of seat stuff, yet we were treated to very tame show.

As you say we have been spared a shit show on TV, but the shit show still unfortunately happened for us.

They filmed the whole season, then focused on the main stories of that season in the final edit. The main story was the pandemic so it makes sense that we'll see more of that. Had this been a regular season I'm sure it would have just split the season into 3 parts so the start to last season would have got more time. I'm just guessing here. The aim of a programme like this isn't to do an after-the-fact hatchet job on one person.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, SectionFJambo said:

Seeing the inside of the offices etc. you do have to wonder where all the money went 

The 5,098,654 members of staff we emply.

3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I expected to see the story of the season. 

Instead, we opened on fans walking over the bridge of doom in mid September than randomly cut to October and prematch of the Rangers game.

Shame there wasn't a proper documentary film maker on the production team.

It was always going to be low budget fluff,it was a  BBC Scotland production. 

Although it's been more entertaining reading the halfwits on here raging about it tbf . 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I also felt for the groundsman.  From someone who has battled a stutter my entire life I applaud his bravery for going on camera.

Wh. Wh what? I thought it was on tomorrow , sorry In advance i8 ,I’ll watch now😇

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You been drinking? 😎

I certainly must’ve overdone it at the league cup semi final. I thought we got beat 5-0 for some reason and was actually quite relieved it was only 3.

I’ve seen us gubbed so many times through in the Weeg that a 3-0 defeat seems like the norm these days 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I also felt for the groundsman.  From someone who has battled a stutter my entire life I applaud his bravery for going on camera.

Haven’t seen it yet but you have to be brave to go in front of a camera with a stutter. I suffered for several years as a kid but mainly grew out of it. Still occasionally lapse on rate occasions. 

35 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye well l, good for them. 

Not worthy of a documentary on the bbc, especially when the rest of it is just stuff we've already seen or know. 

Disagree, of course they are worthy to feature the documentary. Just a shame their bits were thrown together with the rest of the footage without much real context or solid narrative. There is many stories to be told about Hearts over the last 1-2 years but they've done a pretty poor job of doing that.

Maybe to the neutral it wasn't so bad, but I had higher expectations of the production! Seemed to flow a lot less than the Fort William FC documentary to me.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Craig Levein was racking his brain as to why we get so many injuries.

Er, it may have something to do with having a smoking hot physio!

Sadly no longer there!

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Fair do's, but could that not have just been posted on twitter?

Sorry bud I don’t have Twitter or I would’ve done. JKB is the only social media I do. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Haven’t seen it yet but you have to be brave to go in front of a camera with a stutter. I suffered for several years as a kid but mainly grew out of it. Still occasionally lapse on rate occasions. 

Exact same as me.

21 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This thread is ****img hilarious, what were  people expecting to see . 

Youve really got to laugh at the amount of numbskulls posting on here . 

Second that

I enjoyed it. However, I would have liked to see more of leviens shambles before he got sacked. On another note, Austin came across as a bit of a twat. I used to think he was likeable, just goes to show, even I can be wrong (very)occasionally.

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I certainly must’ve overdone it at the league cup semi final. I thought we got beat 5-0 for some reason and was actually quite relieved it was only 3.

I’ve seen us gubbed so many times through in the Weeg that a 3-0 defeat seems like the norm these days 

I was at every game in the programme and **** me I couldn’t for the life of me remember half the games but in particular thatRangers game at Hampden. After seeing it I remember getting beat at Hampden but I’ve got absolutely zero detailed memories about it.

Didnt even have a drink that day 😂

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks .... but once was enough!

Watching that was like following the COVID-19 thread.

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Sorry bud I don’t have Twitter or I would’ve done. JKB is the only social media I do. 

I'm not meaning you, i'm meaning it was put in a documentary on the bbc while there was a severe lack of anything else to get our teeth into. 

11 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Claire Delworth’s dad is a regular poster on here and his great grandfather is a one of our founding fathers of Heart of Midlothian.

She came across very well, spoke with passion about our club. The whole family are dyed in the wool jambos and are proud to wear our colours. I’m happy for her and her dad, who will be a proud father tonight.

Well done Mr D 🇱🇻

Cheers mate , was kind of nervous watching it, but I enjoyed it . 
I’ll let her know about your kind words 👍🏻

Wait till episode 4 guys as it will get better. Before anyone asks, this is the stuff of fairytales when we lift the cup in December after a year of turmoil. It’s all rainbows and lollipops from here on in 🇱🇻🍭🌈🏆

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

That was like satire. Sadly the only person who seemed remotely bothered about playing for the club or winning was the young girl.

Locke is hilarious but what exactly is his role at the club 😀

I think they showed what Gary Locke does at the club. He’s employed as club ambassador and, although he seemingly speaks better German than English, he looks to have a lot of enthusiasm in his role. I could well imagine him being very good with the hospitality customers. Always talks the club up, unlike 2 or 3 other previous players who are regarded as big Hearts men. Looks to be an upbeat presence around the club. Certainly better than being a “weary Willie”.

I think Hearts would be struggling to find a better person for his current role.

I thought it was alright.  We’ve had the piss ripped out us for 18 months, so I’m actually quite happy that we didn’t give anymore ammunition. 

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

I enjoyed it. However, I would have liked to see more of leviens shambles before he got sacked. On another note, Austin came across as a bit of a twat. I used to think he was likeable, just goes to show, even I can be wrong (very)occasionally.

Masochistic tendencies are over-rated imo. 

SectionFJambo

A few of our senior players are very obvious by their absence. Berra for example barely featured, Naismith a few buzz words - not a lot of input from the players.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You should hear my Tourette’s Dave. I only developed it following Hearts and have grown into it over the years. It’s particularly bad when we play the wee team but is known to rise a few decibels when we play the erse cheeks too. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think they showed what Gary Locke does at the club. He’s employed as club ambassador and, although he seemingly speaks better German than English, he looks to have a lot of enthusiasm in his role.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm not meaning you, i'm meaning it was put in a documentary on the bbc while there was a severe lack of anything else to get our teeth into. 

Aw no worries bud. Thanks for clearing up. Way past my bedtime now 

To me no one looked bothered about our league position, maybe next week will show more. The players clearly didn't give a shit about McPhee.

3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I thought it was alright.  We’ve had the piss ripped out us for 18 months, so I’m actually quite happy that we didn’t give anymore ammunition. 

where I’m at too I guess.

I quite enjoyed that. Looking forward to the next instalmemt next week.

Right, come on then, come clean!

Who’s wrinting Ann all those moaning letters???

SectionFJambo
Just now, Rudy T said:

To me no one looked bothered about our league position, maybe next week will show more. The players clearly didn't give a shit about McPhee.

Hardly surprising - MacPhee came across as a complete bellend. I'd imagine most were glad to see the back of him.

Just now, Rudy T said:

I think you’ll find next week that some of them didn’t give a shit about Stendel either.  

From the clubs perspective we should probably be glad it isn't too revealing. For a neutral viewer though there is a real lack of personalities and insight compared to other documentaries. I probably wouldn't watch a second episode if it was about another team.

Still was interested but purely because it's our club.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

This. What a relief. And the documentary team would have been crucified if they'd focused on a team playing shit one season - which some on here seem to want them to do - instead of the impact of a global pandemic. At least one team plays like shit every season. That's not a story. How last season ended is the story so hopefully we'll get some insight into how it all went down from our perspective. 

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Aw no worries bud. Thanks for clearing up. Way past my bedtime now 

No probs, I know you're a PHM and put a shit load of money into the club, you deserve all the sleep you can get after the last 6 years. 

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

From the clubs perspective we should probably be glad it isn't too revealing. 

Au contraire, deeply insightful to now know what our groundstaff order from Mcdonalds.

7 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Best quote of the night was Scott Wilson in the Gorgie Suite. 

To the guy who was getting the framed shirt for sponsoring the game....’thats it get right in front of the camera and give us a big smile. You can show off your new teeth that you’ve probably paid a fortune for.’ 

Always good value is Scotty Boy 😂

33 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Didn't mind it.

Not surprised to see it has brought out some people who just can't get over their weird hatred of the wonderful woman who saved our club. 

I'm hoping it kicks on more now with Stendal in. It probably should have been a 12 parter.

That's the problem a 12 parter would have been needed to cover everything. 

What is it with supposed Hearts

fans ? 

Some seem to be disappointed because they didn't get to see the club tear itself apart. 🤔