BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

The guys and camera crew were at Oriam so I'm curious to see if some well kent faces will make an appearance 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

What exactly has happened with this?

Are they still filming, due to last seasons dramas extending as long as they did.

I'm kind of torn with regards to it's release.

I'm desperate to get a look at it, partly because I was genuinely interested in what went on behind the scenes at our club (before I knew how the season would pan out) and probably more so now that I want to see what precipitated the utter cluster**** our fans had to endure.

But part of me wants it all to be packed away, hidden in the archives forever more. It will be reason for rival fans to gloat but I'd be willing to bet there are a few nuggets they'll have caught on film that we really would rather others didn't get to see.

9 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

What exactly has happened with this?

Are they still filming, due to last seasons dramas extending as long as they did.

I'm kind of torn with regards to it's release.

I'm desperate to get a look at it, partly because I was genuinely interested in what went on behind the scenes at our club (before I knew how the season would pan out) and probably more so now that I want to see what precipitated the utter cluster**** our fans had to endure.

But part of me wants it all to be packed away, hidden in the archives forever more. It will be reason for rival fans to gloat but I'd be willing to bet there are a few nuggets they'll have caught on film that we really would rather others didn't get to see.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scottish-football-fans-face-wait-hearts-bbc-documentary-2928920

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If it never sees the light of day,  can only be a good thing. 

Sunderland car crash tv, we can do without it

5 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

That story has a link to the BBC Romanov documentary from a few years back. 

Cracking stuff around 37mins with the agent trying to sell him a player and he wanders off to coo over a baby 

:callme:

On 03/06/2020 at 00:05, ToqueJambo said:

The thing is the story has changed completely. It's gone from a run of the mill fly on the wall look at the inside of a club to a much broader story with Hearts at the centre of it. If they've any brains they'll edit it together to make the main story the virus and all the fallout from that. Obviously our poor season etc will be part of the build up to that as it's why we're in the shit, but if they just show us a week by week tale of a club having a bad season and gloss over all the end of season stuff they'll miss a trick. They stumbled into a huge story and they should have the inside scoop from all the access to Budge. Or maybe they'll be able to spin it into a feature film length documentary that tells the end of season story in a bit more depth. The only problem is telling that story mostly through zoom as everyone's stuck indoors 🤣 Either way, they got lucky.

Can't wait for Episode 10: "Arbitration"

It’s a complete embarrassment. Having to relive that shitefest of a season. I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than relive all that crap again. Huge pass from me.

other clubs fans will just lap it up

Edited by 1971fozzy

11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That story has a link to the BBC Romanov documentary from a few years back. 

Cracking stuff around 37mins with the agent trying to sell him a player and he wanders off to coo over a baby 

:callme:

I stumbled across the same thing.

Watched it last night.

Crazy times.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think this documentary will get us a lot of interest and profile outside Scotland.

I think overall it will show us as the club we are - passionate, a club with Heart and values, and a hell of a one season story.

I’d be surprised if our profile and brand don’t benefit from this.

The club is not the players or a shite manager

The club is its history, it’s values and its fans

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think this documentary will get us a lot of interest and profile outside Scotland.

I think overall it will show us as the club we are - passionate, a club with Heart and values, and a hell of a one season story.

I’d be surprised if our profile and brand don’t benefit from this.

The club is not the players or a shite manager

The club is its history, it’s values and its fans

Interesting point of view. I'm hoping if it goes ahead there is the chance to hear the thoughts of the board and players about the positions the club found itself. By that I mean league position, the expulsion, the CoS,  the arbitration and the paltry fine by the SFA.

34 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Moved to the big screen. Actors playing the parts with a based on a true story tag.

There is a thread waiting to be started: which actors will play the lead roles in Hearts: The Movie ?

Maybe later...

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

There is a thread waiting to be started: which actors will play the lead roles in Hearts: The Movie ?

Maybe later...

Just let them play themselves, they’re pretty good at pretending to be footballers. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just let them play themselves, they’re pretty good at pretending to be footballers. 

B'doom tish 😀

23 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

:spoton:

On 11/08/2020 at 21:25, Sir Gio said:

I agree, can only be a bad thing.

Don't suppose we could take out an injunction to stop it?

Not a serious suggestion BTW...

See there's a documentary coming up on BBC Scotland featuring the career of Garry O'Connor. Just caught a brief glimpse of him talking about the mistakes he made; cringefest won't come close to describing this.

Edited by JWL

5 minutes ago, JWL said:

See there's a documentary coming up on BBC Scotland featuring the career of Garry O'Connor. Just caught a brief glimpse of him talking about the mistakes he made; cringefest won't come close to describing this.

Saw that. I suspect it will be the usual excuses for his behaviour that he was going through a tough time etc etc blah blah

24 minutes ago, JWL said:

If I was him I'd be keeping a low profile.

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Saw that. I suspect it will be the usual excuses for his behaviour that he was going through a tough time etc etc blah blah

I wonder if there'll be any footage of him not being able to out-run a woman police officer in Queensferry St Lane and trying to give a false name (drug related); being pinned down in Leith Walk after a match at Easter Rd (drug related); or maybe some cctv of him pilfering from Harvey Nicks; or even some cock & bull explanation regarding the crashed ferarri, not to mention the alleged incident of, em, er,  'exposure'. Cannae wait! 🤮

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

If I was him I'd be keeping a low profile.

I wonder if there'll be any footage of him not being able to out-run a woman police officer in Queensferry St Lane and trying to give a false name (drug related); being pinned down in Leith Walk after a match at Easter Rd (drug related); or maybe some cctv of him pilfering from Harvey Nicks; or even some cock & bull explanation regarding the crashed ferarri, not to mention the alleged incident of, em, er,  'exposure'. Cannae wait! 🤮

Or beating up an Elvis Impersonator.

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, I could forgive him for that.

Fecking hate Elvis impersonators..

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was that not Stokes? In fact, why don't BBC Scotland waste more of our money by getting them all on the same show; Stokes, Griffiths, Riordan and O'Connor all regaling us with tales of their high jinks and how they were all under pressure and misunderstood.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Elvis impersonators are generally excruciating but what about this? Here's Elton impersonating himself. 😆 Warning!!! Alert!!! You cannot 'unsee' this so, if you're an Elton afficionado then best not view. 🤭

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Elvis impersonators are generally excruciating but what about this? Here's Elton impersonating himself. 😆 Warning!!! Alert!!! You cannot 'unsee' this so, if you're an Elton afficionado then best not view. 🤭

Oh my God make it stop 🙉

5 hours ago, JWL said:

Hope they interview the police woman who ran after him, (and caught him), when he did a runner with the with the Charlie in his pooch...😁

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He left him all shook up. 

• 2 months later...
Malinga the Swinga

I can honestly say I will never watch this. We should refuse to comment or discuss it. Can just imagine Dicky Gordon, Willie Miller and his chums lapping it all up. We will be laughing stock for a while, but winning Scottish Cup will put end to it.

I don't see why any Hearts fan isn't curious to watch this.  The club was a mess last year, and we all speculated on things we had no clue about.  This gives us the chance to see what actually happened. 

End of the day, it's being broadcast and the club agreed to it.  No real benefit from pretending it doesn't exist. 

Quite looking forward to this now. Amazing what a derby win, particularly a momentous derby win, can do. 

On the flip side, the Hibby's excitement and anticipation of it's broadcast hasn't half waned since Saturday evening. 

Funny that. 

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Quite looking forward to this now. Amazing what a derby win, particularly a momentous derby win, can do. 

On the flip side, the Hibby's excitement and anticipation of it's broadcast hasn't half waned since Saturday evening. 

Funny that. 

When will the programme cut off? It would be lovely if it runs through to cover the semi.....😉

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

When will the programme cut off? It would be lovely if it runs through to cover the semi.....😉

As @David McCaigsuggests, a hastily made festive episode, aired on Christmas Eve, and including the final, could finish it off superbly. 🎄😁

Edited by martoon

Perth to Paisley

I wonder how much if any editorial input the club have had?

I haven't seen the club promote it any way which suggests they don't 'support' it. 

I fear a hatchet job in typical BBC fashion. 

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Hope it has the doof doof doof doof at the end of each episode 👍

I was hoping for White Stripes Seven Nation Army playing gently in the background throughout.

I’ll wait to see what folk make of it before I watch.  Last season was just appalling beyond belief for all sorts of reasons and one I have no desire to revisit but one day I may watch (once we are back up and/or won the cup.

I think I could watch it under these circumstances.

If it’s done like a circus piss take then I’m out 

stuckinsunderland

think it'll be an iPlayer job for me, one of those where I watch in 10minute segments as I can't take it all at once.  That plus trying to wrestle the remote off the missus to watch a documentary about Hearts may prove a hard sell, it's normally pretty difficult to get control of the telly to watch an actual match!

A fantastic conclusion to this programme would be a “Phoenix rising from the ashes” story - from expulsion to pumping Hibs to reach the Scottish cup final.......that unfortunately will not be on the BBC’s agenda!

52 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A fantastic conclusion to this programme would be a “Phoenix rising from the ashes” story - from expulsion to pumping Hibs to reach the Scottish cup final.......that unfortunately will not be on the BBC’s agenda!

I wonder if they will include up until the semi?

I'm sure there was an article about them still filming the start of this season. 

Hopefully as it is an outside company making it the BBC won't be editing it the way they want.