BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Thoroughly looking forward to this. If it’s even half as good as the one the BBC done on Romanov I think we’ll be in for a good watch!

You are joking I assume.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

He'll be slipping notes to the camera crew telling them where to stand,  and when to start shooting. Guaranteed the BBC will be on the defensive.

Wish he'd done that to our players.

ScandinavianJambo
4 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Relegation here we come. That’s usually how these series go is it not 

Indeed...car crash TV and all that...

ScandinavianJambo
3 hours ago, hawaii said:

Got a feeling this could harm our search for a new manager. Who in their right mind will agree to take on a new job with a camera crew running around the place? Money immediately placed on Billy Davies as our new boss.

True that. I'm not very impressed af all.

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, hawaii said:

I don’t think this will improve our chances of landing the best coach we can expect based on the wages we can offer. I think it harms it in a big way. It would be totally different if the manager was in charge at the club for a few seasons, I can see a few agreeing to it. But to take a job in November with a camera crew already in place and having no say on it? 

And how has it been affecting the players on field performance, as they have been filmed and/or knowing that they are going to be filmed when they knew their performance  have been sh***. Additional pressure in a chaotic environment. I am a Budge fan but this is just weird timing (even if it was planned a long time ago). We haven't been playing well since last year so why focus on a fly on the wall documentary?! I am sorry I not getting this.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

What’s in it for us? An unnecessary distraction

That's where I am. I'm not opposed to it per se as I'll likely enjoy watching it but it doesn't benefit the club in any way and comes at a time we need to be 100% focussed on winning.

Edited by Taffin

Ffs, no different than giving interviews for heartstv. Will be following many different folk not related to the first team.

What a surprise, drama, drama, drama.

Hopefully they won't speak to any of the fans.

A proper fly on the wall documentary shouldn't really be a distraction as players etc will soon get used to cameras and ignore them. I for one am keen to know WTF we do at Riccarton during the week to be so pish most Saturdays.

alwaysthereinspirit
53 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ffs, no different than giving interviews for heartstv. Will be following many different folk not related to the first team.

What a surprise, drama, drama, drama.

Hopefully they won't speak to any of the fans.

Well at least none of the I.M. Jolly types we have on here lately.

We have fantastic new facilities.  I expect the doco will feature that.  From what I've read and seen on here, the new changing rooms are out of this world.  That's just one example.

In a tourist and commercial mecca like Edinburgh, when the new stand is complete, it will be generating a fortune for us in hosting events like conferences.

Despite the present gloom, the future prospects for our club are brilliant.

1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

And how has it been affecting the players on field performance, as they have been filmed and/or knowing that they are going to be filmed when they knew their performance  have been sh***. Additional pressure in a chaotic environment. I am a Budge fan but this is just weird timing (even if it was planned a long time ago). We haven't been playing well since last year so why focus on a fly on the wall documentary?! I am sorry I not getting this.

Please tell me this is a joke post. The players are filmed every week, you might have heard of sportscene

Stephane Grappelli
7 hours ago, Homme said:

Dealt a bit with Two Rivers recently. 

I expect this to be a very well done documentary. Looking forward to it. 

Aye, they did the one on 20 years of devolution too.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

As far as timing is concerned from

a documentary perspective this is pretty decent timing for the neutral.

Indont understand why any of our fans would moan about a documentary providing an insight behind the scenes at the club.

Odd.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but  I really think we should have other priorities. Unless we are being paid shedloads. Which I suspect we are not.

it’s not as if Ann Budge and Austin re walking around with the camera and Naismith with the microphone doing the interviews mate.

Chill.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but  I really think we should have other priorities. Unless we are being paid shedloads. Which I suspect we are not.

Eeyore 

ToadKiller Dog

Not for me 

A distraction we dont need at this time ,given problems with the first team.

Should be put on hold until the new manager decides if he wants to continue or not.

I heard the tv production team spent 10 minutes interviewing Malaury Martin on his time at Hearts before they realised it  was an empty jersey.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Great publicity for a great club.

who will watch it if it’s on BBC scotland. Netflix or something maybe..

as I say an unnecessary distraction at a poor time

Think it’ll be good. Quite interested to see it.

Apologies for not goin radge.

What I will say though, is we better have editorial control over it. It’s one thing having a warts and all documentary, it’s quite another having the BBC making an arse of us. Still though, I’m excited to see it 🇱🇻👍🏼

Edited by Mr Sifter

It’s the 21st century. Shit like this will be the norm soon enough. These programs are usually decent to watch. Maybe we will see the prematch/ halftime  dressing room tactical and inspirational masterclasses to date for the last 12 months.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s the 21st century. Shit like this will be the norm soon enough. These programs are usually decent to watch. Maybe we will see the prematch/ halftime  dressing room tactical and inspirational masterclasses to date for the last 12 months.

berra - you pass it to souttar, Souttar, you pass it to smith- once the centre back has shuffled 2 yards out of position get it back to berra so he can hit that sweet sweet 45 degree ping.. 😆 at big Uche.. the rest of you.. run around and try and pick up any loose balls.. 

The opening scene ha AB standing with three white envelopes, telling all the staff it will contain the names of who will let her down.

But we get to see her open them in episode 2. Big Craig's name is in all three. @i8hibsh gets off the hook.

I enjoyed the recent Sunderland one.

Good scene where the are getting gibbed away and the fans started laying into the camera crew. 😮

I do enjoy these programs, but I fear as it's Hearts, it's going to be a real cringe for us.

The seethe on here will go through the roof. But we will look back in years to come and manage to laugh.

Just another distraction to those at the club, when the team, performances and football should have been the epicentre of all at Heart of Midlothian it seems that the energy has been dispersed in too many directions resulting in the chaotic shambles we've all witnessed over the last 3 years.

Things in any organisation stem from the top down, over to you CEO.

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Are people really wetting their pants over this?

Its not costing us money so is free advertising for our club!

Given it unlikely it’ll be watched outside scotland I wouldn’t think it will be great advertising

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Given it unlikely it’ll be watched outside scotland I wouldn’t think it will be great advertising

rubbish

word will spread and it will be on bbciplayer. and posted on youtube.

All football fans enjoy these and will seek it out.

Jambof3tornado
30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Baws.

There are 40 clubs plying their trade in the top leagues in Scotland. We moan all the time about the amount of coverage a certain two teams from Glasgow get. It would have been the easy option for the BBC to have chosen either or both. Aberdeen or even Hibs. They didn't they chose the Heart of Midlothian. Why? Maybe because we are a story. A story when the club was on the canvass and the referee had got to nine in the count, we refused to give in. With the help of thousands we got up off the floor and carried on. We smoothed a league that contained our city rivals and a new club Sevco, the entitled ones, but not this time. We have reached semi finals and final of the national cup competitions, through merit qualified for Europe again. We have a stadium in our spiritual home which is the envy of millions, consistently voted as the best away ground by opposing supporters. Yes our league performances to date have been abysmal but, sadly that has happened before. We are in the top league of the country we play in and our Hearts as a football club are beating alot stronger than many a year. WE ARE STILL HEAR. 

Another attraction will have been the fact that we have a woman at the helm, A woman who although she had passed her bus pass date by a few years decided to put her heart and soul into the Heart of Midlothian, big reason being she didn't want her granddaughter not to have a football club to support. 

Yes this lady has made mistakes, christ who hasn't? This lady learns from them and what she learns, she puts into practise. So why not make a behind the scenes/ fly on the wall documentary about the Heart of Midlothian. We are a football club who are well worth it. In this day and age it will be seen around the world. Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park...............

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

rubbish

word will spread and it will be on bbciplayer. and posted on youtube.

All football fans enjoy these and will seek it out.

even if your right? What the upside for the club? More fans ? More sponsorship? More income I very much doubt it! 

If things were going well I wouldn’t mind, would prefer our players and management not to be getting distracted by interviews recording how shite we’ve been and how it’s all going wrong.. 

100% focus on the pitch.. nothing else

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

even if your right? What the upside for the club? More fans ? More sponsorship? More income I very much doubt it! 

If things were going well I wouldn’t mind, would prefer our players and management not to be getting distracted by interviews recording how shite we’ve been and how it’s all going wrong.. 

on the whole, I agree. As I posted earlier, I enjoy these docus, but prefer not to be directly involved.

We had a cameo role in the Liverpool C5 doc, that was ok.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

on the whole, I agree. As I posted earlier, I enjoy these docus, but prefer not to be directly involved.

We had a cameo role in the Liverpool C5 doc, that was ok.

Exactly, let’s face it - thing like #leveinout, “hang Ann budge”, the racist shitewill absolutely make it into this programme as well as how crap we have been over a long period..! 

Fantastic exposure for the club.. ?! I think not..  

Another in a long line of reasonably stupid decisions 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Especially when our focus on the pitch has been so woeful for so long.

We look like a club which doesn’t have it’s priorities in order.

39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly, let’s face it - thing like #leveinout, “hang Ann budge”, the racist shitewill absolutely make it into this programme as well as how crap we have been over a long period..! 

Fantastic exposure for the club.. ?! I think not..  

Another in a long line of reasonably stupid decisions 

Away and dry both your eyes and your pants out.

Great, now everyone can see how shite we are. Another self serving Budge project. She, I am sure will come out of it looking good. We will still not be winning football games however.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Great, now everyone can see how shite we are. Another self serving Budge project. She, I am sure will come out of it looking good. We will still not be winning football games however.

Another to dry their eyes and pants out.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Another to dry their eyes and pants out.

Just tired of it all JF. This really is all just one big Ann Budge show.  I do not think it is possible from a football club owner to be so far detached from the bottom line of it all.