BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

To be honest i would rather we concentrated on sorting out our dire performances on the park first. Surely the last thing you need is a bunch of camera men running about all over the place when your trying to concentrate on winning a football match.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

2 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I really enjoyed the docs on Leeds and Sunderland. Hopefully this will be of a similar quality production wise. Plenty drama to capture so far this season.

Watched the Leeds one this week, quite good. Especially the deadline day last minute collapse of their deal to sign Daniel James!

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Assuming its been in the works for a while. How would anyone know we'd be $#!te. So it really mustn't be said.

Correct. Also, I Imagine a huge seethe on Hibs.net, and them saying it should be on the Comedy channel, though better that than being on the History one.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, hueyview said:

There may be a mention of Kickback?   

Beat me to it ......

Maybe you they’ll ask those nice chaps on Talk Hearts to represent the keyboard warriors?

Just now, Barack said:

People can play "Where's Levein?" too. Since they think he'll still be lurking about nefariously.

Like a shite Where's Wally.

I’m in! ‘What’s he doing there!? - why’s he writing?! That’s a note to the new manager! Tellin’ ye’s!”

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

To be honest i would rather we concentrated on sorting out our dire performances on the park first. Surely the last thing you need is a bunch of camera men running about all over the place when your trying to concentrate on winning a football match.

Correct. A distraction that we really don’t need. The club is a shambles just now - the last thing we should be doing is letting the BBC film it. 

12 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Why are we bothering with this shit? 

No

We should worry and fret all the time

Hope you're not spending any time with your family or other irrelevant matters. Stuff that. Keep angry. 

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Correct. A distraction that we really don’t need. The club is a shambles just now - the last thing we should be doing is letting the BBC film it. 

Yeah

Really we only want to see Rangers and Celtic on tv.

Every other club are losers. In fact you are a loser for not supporting Rangers or Celtic. 

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Really we only want to see Rangers and Celtic on tv.

Every other club are losers. In fact you are a loser for not supporting Rangers or Celtic. 

It’s just not the right time - it could turn into a car crash 

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

People can play "Where's Levein?" too. Since they think he'll still be lurking about nefariously.

Like a shite Where's Wally.

He'll be slipping notes to the camera crew telling them where to stand,  and when to start shooting. Guaranteed the BBC will be on the defensive.

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It’s just not the right time - it could turn into a car crash 

So what are we worried about? If it does highlight some home truths that need addressing, then all the better. Fans want to know what’s going on behind the scenes, well that’s the whole point in this isn’t it? Let’s see...

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’m in! ‘What’s he doing there!? - why’s he writing?! That’s a note to the new manager! Tellin’ ye’s!”

Beat me to it.

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

So what are we worried about? If it does highlight some home truths that need addressing, then all the better. Fans want to know what’s going on behind the scenes, well that’s the whole point in this isn’t it? Let’s see...

Making a documentary of a relegation season would be humiliating 

Just watched The Fort (?) last night on BBC Scotland. Can see the build up to tomorrow’s match with a big 224 days since last home league win!

If we’re not comfortable in mid-table by winter break, tell them to can it. 

Most of these documentaries are just pale imitations of the Graham Taylor one. 

The makers will be hoping the new management can swear in amusing ways. 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Making a documentary of a relegation season would be humiliating 

You’re easily humiliated. I’d see it more as a good exercise in learning a wee bit more about what goes on at the club. Might be some stuff we can try and fix through FoH.

Do you expect an experienced coach to take the job while a documentary crew are running loose? Seems strange timing to me to release the news on this on the deadline day for job applications?

1 minute ago, hawaii said:

Do you expect an experienced coach to take the job while a documentary crew are running loose? Seems strange timing to me to release the news on this on the deadline day for job applications?

A manager not wanting publicity? Not so sure about that. If he does well it could really boost his career prospects.

21 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Someone once said there is no such thing as bad publicity. Can't remember if it was Barnum?

“He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.

Groucho Marx

I hope we don’t end up looking and sounding like idiots, cos that’s not good publicity.

I don’t think this will improve our chances of landing the best coach we can expect based on the wages we can offer. I think it harms it in a big way. It would be totally different if the manager was in charge at the club for a few seasons, I can see a few agreeing to it. But to take a job in November with a camera crew already in place and having no say on it? 

Coburg Hearts
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

“He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.

Groucho Marx

I hope we don’t end up looking and sounding like idiots, cos that’s not good publicity.

We can but wait and see. Hopefully the idiots are the ones that scoffed. (referring to hibs.net and any hibs trolls on here)

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

We can but wait and see. Hopefully the idiots are the ones that scoffed. (referring to hibs.net and any hibs trolls on here)

My only reservation is that I can’t see any documentary team not going out their way to find some car crash TV. In all honesty they would find some at every club and maybe the timing is right for us as we are past that stage and on the up. Time will tell.

way out west jambo
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/inside-tynecastle-documentary

"Heart of Midlothian Football Club will be the subject of a brand-new ‘behind the scenes’ documentary ‘Inside Tynecastle’, currently in development with production company Two Rivers Media and BBC Scotland. 

Eagle-eyed fans may have already spotted television crews shadowing members of Hearts’ staff during the recent home match against Rangers at Tynecastle, with filming across several areas of the club already underway.

‘Inside Tynecastle’ will chronicle the 2019/20 season at Hearts.  The focus is not just on what happens on the pitch but on the supporters and inner workings of the club in all areas and at all levels.  The series will let viewers better understand the complexities and challenges involved in running an SPFL club.

Filming will continue throughout the season with an on-air date to be announced post the season closing."

They've picked a quiet season to follow anyway...

Hopefully it won't be the curse of 'Sunderland 'til I Die'

Tune in next week, as we watch Jon Daly train the whole team on how to hoof it long to Uche.

We then get a cracking insight from Craig Levein  explaining his theory of starting games with no striker. If that’s not enough, Craig also goes onto explain as to why he likes to play 3 centre half’s against 1 striker at home. It’s unmissable folks make sure you tune in 😂😂

15 minutes ago, hawaii said:

I don’t think this will improve our chances of landing the best coach we can expect based on the wages we can offer. I think it harms it in a big way. It would be totally different if the manager was in charge at the club for a few seasons, I can see a few agreeing to it. But to take a job in November with a camera crew already in place and having no say on it? 

Okay, so that’s us agreed on wages and budget. I’m really excited to have you onboard. I like your ambitions and how you plan to implement them.

I am looking forward to getting started. Budget and wages are good, and I think I can really make a difference.

Oh, by the way. We will have a film crew kicking about some days so you will be broadcast to millions of people in the UK and beyond, so I thought I’d better make you aware that.

Christ, no! **** that. I’m a total imposter and don’t want the scrutiny!

letsalldothebeattie
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

When did Manchester City get relegated. I need to pay more attention  :)

Didn’t know they had one of these

It'll be dramatised and made to look interesting like all TV documentaries.

Some will call it out as bullshit, other will call it out as fact.

JKB will hate it or love it.

It's probably best avoided in reality.

alwaysthereinspirit
40 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

:bigyawn:

25 minutes ago, hawaii said:

Just be honest with us. Do you think it’s a good idea? 

Do you think it will help our manager search?

17 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Just be honest with us. Do you think it’s a good idea? 

Do you think it will help our manager search?

Well if we struggle to recruit a new manager before the end of the season the documentary will help give prospectives get an idea of what we're like :whistling:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

We should worry and fret all the time

Hope you're not spending any time with your family or other irrelevant matters. Stuff that. Keep angry. 

Yea I’m worrying and fretting about it alright.

It’s a complete waste of time. 

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Well if we struggle to recruit a new manager before the end of the season the documentary will help give prospectives get an idea of what we're like :whistling:

Hahahaha. 

my logic in quoting that poster was that he’d posted almost exactly the same thing intermittently  3 times in the thread so was just giving him the acknowledgment he was looking for. 

Watched the 1st two episodes of the Man City one on Amazon.

They did show quite a bit regarding injuries and the rehab etc...

If ours is remotely similar it'll be like an episode from casualty without the happy endings.

Be interested to see the shrink in action with Shan Eclare on the couch.

51 minutes ago, way out west jambo said:

Tune in next week, as we watch Jon Daly train the whole team on how to hoof it long to Uche.

We then get a cracking insight from Craig Levein  explaining his theory of starting games with no striker. If that’s not enough, Craig also goes onto explain as to why he likes to play 3 centre half’s against 1 striker at home. It’s unmissable folks make sure you tune in 😂😂

🤣😂🤣😂🤣 fair play..is that just on the i button....!?!? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/inside-tynecastle-documentary

"Heart of Midlothian Football Club will be the subject of a brand-new ‘behind the scenes’ documentary ‘Inside Tynecastle’, currently in development with production company Two Rivers Media and BBC Scotland. 

Eagle-eyed fans may have already spotted television crews shadowing members of Hearts’ staff during the recent home match against Rangers at Tynecastle, with filming across several areas of the club already underway.

‘Inside Tynecastle’ will chronicle the 2019/20 season at Hearts.  The focus is not just on what happens on the pitch but on the supporters and inner workings of the club in all areas and at all levels.  The series will let viewers better understand the complexities and challenges involved in running an SPFL club.

Filming will continue throughout the season with an on-air date to be announced post the season closing."

They've picked a quiet season to follow anyway...

Hopefully it won't be the curse of 'Sunderland 'til I Die'

Yeah, this is really the sort of shit we should be bothering when our team is wank.

53 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Didn’t know they had one of these

It’s on Amazon Prime, with a few NFL ones and one about the All Blacks, if I remember correctly. 

They are all basically the same thing, lots of managers saying the f word creatively. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yeah, this is really the sort of shit we should be bothering when our team is wank.

Start of a 32 game unbeaten run tomorrow,  culminating in Europe and the Scottish Cup 

🤤

It’s a shame that the Championship season never had this as it would have been a real back from the brinks episode 2.

Will no doubt be an interesting but as things stand hard watch as this season so far has been a disaster - fans have every right to voice their displeasure with the run we have been on.  It’s been nothing short of pathetic unfortunately.

hopefully the new long overdue new manager can get us going in the right direction as rocky music plays in the background and we can get to where we all want to be.

not the thread for this but god knows why we persisted with something that was clearly broken for so long.

Jesus christ people take a chill pill. The club are hardly putting all our resources into making the documentary. It's a few cameramen following people around. It won't impact our progress of recruitment or mean we switching focus from the team. 

It's like saying "the team is shit at the moment so why are we bothering to order new stock for the store?!". The club needs to continue to run regardless of how the team are performing. 

4 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Jesus christ people take a chill pill. The club are hardly putting all our resources into making the documentary. It's a few cameramen following people around. It won't impact our progress of recruitment or mean we switching focus from the team. 

It's like saying "the team is shit at the moment so why are we bothering to order new stock for the store?!". The club needs to continue to run regardless of how the team are performing. 

Hopefully they are leaving gaps in some of the shelves in the store during filming, give the impression things are flying off the shelf in popularity :whistling:

way out west jambo
49 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

🤣😂🤣😂🤣 fair play..is that just on the i button....!?!? 

episode 2 is titled, ‘Get up that Sand Dune’

Watch Peter Haring & Steven Naismith enjoy their 1st training sessions after their operations 😂😂😂

Thoroughly looking forward to this. If it’s even half as good as the one the BBC done on Romanov I think we’ll be in for a good watch!