Derek Adams Leak

Lord Beni of Gorgie

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Easy to say in hindsight. Previous two seasons had three months at top of the league, semi-final and a final. 
I do agree though that the fact she was prepared  to give him time will be a plus with any potential managers. 
your last para is the same when any club changes manager otherwise they wouldn’t be changing. Substitute Arsenal,  Man U, et al for Hearts and it’s the same - players that are not good enough. 

Levein’s management has been done to death, suffice to say I’m glad he’s gone.

My last paragraph isn’t the same for any club changing manager. Some clubs are performing well when their manager leaves - Nathan Jones at Luton for example - and in fact it was such good performances that got the manager the job at the new club (albeit it didn’t work out for him).

Other managers - Daniel Stendel at Barnsley - did - by the Barnsley chairman’s own admission - get the same group of players he took over playing at a higher level. He got them promoted then they sold their best players.

The point I am making about our squad is the number of players that are not good enough. Too many in fact.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Coburg Hearts

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

“people I know”

”you seem”

yaddah...

As I said very upset on his behalf and a bit touchy..I wonder why though you refuse to answer

I guess the truth hurts but if you want second class then go for it and make your case

I'm happy with mine and I know its the truth

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Do you believe everything you read in the press though?

Trust me he is right. Poor reputation up here for one of their own. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Trust me he is right. Poor reputation up here for one of their own. 

Don’t want the guy anywhere near us SG. Just replying in the same tone to someone who got all bent out of shape when I made a comment about Sevco recently. I tend to adopt that stance. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

2nd time this week I’ve said this. Anyone reading, buying or quoting that comic is an idiot, as for believing anything they print as regards to football in Scotland... that’s a special kind of lunacy. 

:spoton:

29 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My last paragraph isn’t the same for any club changing manager. Some clubs are performing well when their manager leaves - Nathan Jones at Luton for example - and in fact it was such good performances that got the manager the job at the new club (albeit it didn’t work out for him).

Other managers - Daniel Stendel at Barnsley - did - by the Barnsley chairman’s own admission - get the same group of players he took over playing at a higher level. He got them promoted then they sold their best players.

The point I am making about our squad is the number of players that are not good enough. Too many in fact.

That’s my point re players. We think we have lots that are not good enough but under a different manager?? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Don’t want the guy anywhere near us SG. Just replying in the same tone to someone who got all bent out of shape when I made a comment about Sevco recently. I tend to adopt that stance. :lol: 

Righto!! Have it on good authority boys a strange one.  Nobody has a bad word about his old man funnily enough 

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s my point re players. We think we have lots that are not good enough but under a different manager?? 

One or two maybe. McLean, Bozanic, Wighton, Brandon, Doyle, Zlamal, Mulraney and Clare, nope, not for me. If I was really being harsh Dikamona (albeit I like his effort and desire) White and Garuccio are not up to it either. That’s 11 players.

Sadly there are few youngsters from the current crop who are anywhere near what need as well. Cochrane and McDonald, under a new manager could come on leaps and bounds. Hickey will continue to progress. The rest, I’m not seeing enough from them to merit being anywhere near a Hearts first team. IMO Keena, Irving, Morrison, etc, are only making first team squads due to injuries and the number of poor first team players in the squad, not because they are particularly good.

34 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

One or two maybe. McLean, Bozanic, Wighton, Brandon, Doyle, Zlamal, Mulraney and Clare, nope, not for me. If I was really being harsh Dikamona (albeit I like his effort and desire) White and Garuccio are not up to it either. That’s 11 players.

Sadly there are few youngsters from the current crop who are anywhere near what need as well. Cochrane and McDonald, under a new manager could come on leaps and bounds. Hickey will continue to progress. The rest, I’m not seeing enough from them to merit being anywhere near a Hearts first team. IMO Keena, Irving, Morrison, etc, are only making first team squads due to injuries and the number of poor first team players in the squad, not because they are particularly good.

Hard to disagree though I think there’s a player in Clare and at one time Wighton had a lot of potential so diff management might change them around. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hard to disagree though I think there’s a player in Clare and at one time Wighton had a lot of potential so diff management might change them around. 

Clare’s played 38 games for Hearts. I’m not seeing the ‘player’ others seem to see. Personally I don’t think he has what it takes for Scottish football, and certainly not for a team who want to challenge at the top end. He’s too lightweight, has no heart, doesn’t try hard enough and has a tendency to hide. Bottom team in League 1 but more probably a League 2 team awaits him.

46 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Clare’s played 38 games for Hearts. I’m not seeing the ‘player’ others seem to see. Personally I don’t think he has what it takes for Scottish football, and certainly not for a team who want to challenge at the top end. He’s too lightweight, has no heart, doesn’t try hard enough and has a tendency to hide. Bottom team in League 1 but more probably a League 2 team awaits him.

We shall see. Not long left for him to prove himself. 

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

About 70% seems about right ?

Stephane Grappelli
15 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Literally just appointed Morecambe manager, no?

He's gone to Morecambe? Wise move.

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Jambo647 said:

As much as it’s a rag, for football stories exclusives etc, they (The Sun) have a far higher success rate than all the other publications... 

They also invent a large number of stories. 

Their “exclusives” are generally centered around the “OF”. Same could be said for any West Coast based football media. Arse licking *****. 

“Brian Laudrup, how are you so good”

”Mark Hateley buys new suit”

Anton Rogan... “ my chicken supper hell”. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think there is a distinction between someone like Deila who was a celtic manager and someone like Henrik Larsson, Moyes or Peter Grant who would drop us in a moment if they got the call from Lawell.

As would he if they came a calling.

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

You forgot to add we have a lot of really unrealistic and deluded fans too. 

Hearts are a good club there’s no doubt about that but it’s also a very difficult fit for pretty much all our managers. 

There's a lot of unrealistic fans at every club

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Spot on, I think Morison, Keena and Irving have talent but they need to do much much more..  a big 6 months for them

Based on no real evidence whatsoever mind, I think of Derek Adams in the same mould as Billy Davies, so it’s a firm “No thanks” from me.

pettigrewsstylist

Dont forget the positives.

1. The draw of Edinburgh especjally for families

2. The opportunity to challenge OF with no real expectation.

3. City rivalry and fans.

57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Spot on, I think Morison, Keena and Irving have talent but they need to do much much more..  a big 6 months for them

Irving does but he looks to have had all the early confidence sapped out of him already, Morrison and Keena aren't nearly as good as Billy King or Gavin Reilly, they'd do well to get a game in the championship to be honest.

I do think that there are some of the names being mentioned who are unrealistic. The problem we are seeing now is the OF doing well in Europe, increasing the co-efficient and putting both them in with a chance of CL qualifying and the money that goes with it. 

I do think there are some realistic options that have been quoted such as Jones or Stendal. 

Derek Adams may have the experience but I believe we need a modern thinking manager who can change our style.

As far as playing staff are concerned I believe that with the right manager someone like Clare played in the right position would flourish. There is though a lot of dead wood needs clearing out starting with Daly & Fox

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I do think that there are some of the names being mentioned who are unrealistic. The problem we are seeing now is the OF doing well in Europe, increasing the co-efficient and putting both them in with a chance of CL qualifying and the money that goes with it. 

I do think there are some realistic options that have been quoted such as Jones or Stendal. 

Derek Adams may have the experience but I believe we need a modern thinking manager who can change our style.

As far as playing staff are concerned I believe that with the right manager someone like Clare played in the right position would flourish. There is though a lot of dead wood needs clearing out starting with Daly & Fox

It would be interesting to know what salary Stendal was earning.

23 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Has Clare not been played in just about every forward position and so far has failed. Where do you think he should be played?

Adams managerial career is on a downward spiral and Morcambe is his current level. HIs agent has leaked this story to the sun to make his client seem relevant. As per usual the Sun has taken the bait.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, Fort Vallance said:

Your point is ?

Just an explanation why he might be so utterly miserable and humourless.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Has Clare not been played in just about every forward position and so far has failed. Where do you think he should be played?

Left back

in the dressing room

9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

In the reserves.