Derek Adams Leak

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Softening us up?

Surely they can't be so stupid that type of appointment is acceptable?

Cynical me, I believe its deliberate leak so the new manager is a relief.

If that's the height,  give me Neilson back tomorrow 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Coburg Hearts

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Softening us up?

Literally just appointed Morecambe manager, no?

Just now, jbee647 said:

Apparently we made a last minute offer to him

Ah right. 

His record is...okay, I suppose, but at a lower level. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sun running with how we've 'missed out' on him to morecambe. 

Gutted, truly 

:sob:

Truly gutted if that’s the standard we are considering..

The date for final applications is today. Was he perhaps on a shortlist of say 10 so far, doesn’t mean he was getting the job.

He does fit a certain profile though which I’m ok with. Experienced, knows the Scottish game, young manager a few of the things we’re probably looking at. He certainly won’t be the last manager we’ll ‘miss out on’ in the next couple of weeks (according to the sun etc)

I also don’t doubt whoever us and Hibs appoint the other will have missed out on them according to the press!

AlphonseCapone

Any evidence of this or did someone just hear something again? Noisy as **** the Hearts boardroom with the number of people hearing things on here.

10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Apparently we made a last minute offer to him

If that had happened he’d be at Tynecastle. We might not be a hugely attractive proposition to a manager with options in England but nobody is going to pick them over us. A league 2 side with a 6000 seater stadium who have in recent years looked more likely to drop out of the league altogether than go up. 

Edited by GinRummy

MarkDevriesScores4

nonsense. Doesn’t fit the criteria as stated by Budge. Can hardly say she wants a high profile experienced manager then pull out a card like that. Would argue Robinson doesn’t fit the criteria either.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Mrs Budge has set herself up here by saying high profile! Doesn't matter to me about high profile because I just want the best candidate but some will hold her to the high profile statement 

Just now, GinRummy said:

If that had happened he’d be at Tynecastle. We might not be a hugely attractive proposition to a manager with options in England but nobody is going to pick then over us. A league 2 side with a 6000 seater stadium who have in recent years looked more likely to drop out of the league altogether than go up. 

I did wonder that, unless it was a bit “too” last minute and Adams had given his word and made arrangements for his family. 

7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Any evidence of this or did someone just hear something again? Noisy as **** the Hearts boardroom with the number of people hearing things on here.

Just people making shite up as usual!

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I did wonder that, unless it was a bit “too” last minute and Adams had given his word and made arrangements for his family. 

Aye it could be. He also might have thought the hearts job too big for him at the moment. Just seems unlikely. 

I’d expect and hope that is bullshit. Experience and a little success at a higher level is what’s required. I know that is difficult for a club with limited non-OF SPFL resources, but that’s what we need now imo.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye it could be. He also might have thought the hearts job too big for him at the moment. Just seems unlikely. 

I think most managers reckon they could manage Barca, given the chance. Arrogance seems to be a trait of the position. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I think most managers reckon they could manage Barca, given the chance. Arrogance seems to be a trait of the position. 

😀 true

He will have applied for the job and like any good employer would do you contact the people who have applied one way or another. That's the story in the sun pure and simple. By no means have we "missed out" when closing date is for today 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Mrs Budge has set herself up here by saying high profile! Doesn't matter to me about high profile because I just want the best candidate but some will hold her to the high profile statement 

Was about to post similar. I think she may have shot herself in the foot with that comment

1 minute ago, bazman said:

He will have applied for the job and like any good employer would do you contact the people who have applied one way or another. That's the story in the sun pure and simple. By no means have we "missed out" when closing date is for today 

That's not the story in the Sun.

Their version is that we gave him  call on Wednesday to ask him to interview and he said he had already given Morcambe his word.

Absolute nonsense. If we wanted him, which we didnt, he would 100% of chosen us over Morcambe. This is like when the transfer market is open, some unbelievable rubbish being flung around. Its concerning the number of people that are naive to believe it as true!

48 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Softening us up?

Think you’ve logged onto your Hearts account instead of your Morecambe account by accident?

Almost definitely the level of candidate we will be getting though. Reality bites. 

51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Softening us up?

The Sun

:rofl:

Media are having a field day at our expense! This report and another report going about this morning that Jack Ross is going to KNOCK US back amid Hibs interest! Unreal really hope we are going for better than this dross!

Vlad the impaler

No part of it says we offered him anything. We wanted to speak to him which is far enough for me but I’d imagine we’ll be talking to and covering all options

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is why I believe it could have conveniently slipped. 

Never going to be him but certainly adjusted thinking from high profile. Mind games,  readjustment knowing that Moyes or O'Neill were well out of reach. 

Possibly over thinking,  political parties use these tactics 

25 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Their version is that we gave him  call on Wednesday to ask him to interview and he said he had already given Morcambe his word.

That doesn’t mean we wanted to hire him. It means he made a shortlist and we wanted to move to interviewing candidates.

Im not too upset that we might have offered Adams an interview. His mgmt record isn’t terrible. 

It's going to be carnival time in the media with links to this that and the next one.   That's why threads like 'First Derby' are great to keep everyone on KB sane.  

36 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

This factual stuff should be banned on here .

I often think it is

37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You can manage anyone if you're given resources. When Davie Moyes ruled himself out, the reason for me is that it's because we have no major resources and he probably thought/knew he would fail. People like him and others that have managed bigger clubs in England are chequebook managers, not real managers. I'd love to see what the likes of Jose Mourinho or Ranieri would do with a club like Hearts with no resources, well the type they'd need, not a lot would be my guess. People like them would be scared of the challenge. Even Brendan Rogers would struggle at Hearts. I'd like us to bring in a manager from abroad who would love the challenge the same as Paulo Sergio did. 'd rather not bring in ex-players again like Robertson and definitely not Neilson. If money is so tight that we need to get someone from within Scotland then looking around, there is really only Robinson now, realistically. And if it's true that they really are looking at the likes of Derek Adams then we really are up shit creek wi'oot a paddle.

17 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

That doesn’t mean we wanted to hire him. It means he made a shortlist and we wanted to move to interviewing candidates.

Im not too upset that we might have offered Adams an interview. His mgmt record isn’t terrible. 

:wtfvlad:

jack D and coke
41 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’d expect and hope that is bullshit. Experience and a little success at a higher level is what’s required. I know that is difficult for a club with limited non-OF SPFL resources, but that’s what we need now imo.

I’m not one for talking down Scotland or Hearts etc but people need to face facts and your point there is one people are losing sight of. 
It’s both a decent job and a rock and a hard place for managers. How many good managers and teams have we seen? I’ve been watching since mid 80’s and in the main we’ve been pretty shit with a season here and there. We are in a better place now but we don’t pay enough to attract top candidates. I remember them rubbishing Gerrard as he had no experience :lol: like he’d have ever come to Hearts. 
Our fans are deluded and live in cuckoo land. 
Every name mentioned gets rubbished by somebody on here. 
There’s going to be some disappointed fans in a few weeks imo. 

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Absolute nonsense. If we wanted him, which we didnt, he would 100% of chosen us over Morcambe. This is like when the transfer market is open, some unbelievable rubbish being flung around. Its concerning the number of people that are naive to believe it as true!

Mentioned on another thread that  he has a house in Edinburgh so you are probably right.

Clark Griswold
44 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

This is what's keeping the tabloids in business unfortunately.

No-one says it's true. Most are just discussing the topic. Until there is a quote coming out of Tynecastle then it's all just speculation. Derek Adams will be forgotten by tomorrow and someone else's name linked with the job and it'll all start over again.

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not one for talking down Scotland or Hearts etc but people need to face facts and your point there is one people are losing sight of. 
It’s both a decent job and a rock and a hard place for managers. How many good managers and teams have we seen? I’ve been watching since mid 80’s and in the main we’ve been pretty shit with a season here and there. We are in a better place now but we don’t pay enough to attract top candidates. I remember them rubbishing Gerrard as he had no experience :lol: like he’d have ever come to Hearts. 
Our fans are deluded and live in cuckoo land. 
Every name mentioned gets rubbished by somebody on here. 
There’s going to be some disappointed fans in a few weeks imo. 

Yeah, I agree it’s not going to be easy. It’s a very important appointment though, this time. I’d be spending a bit of cash to get the highest calibre of candidate possible - benefactor cash of needs be. Even then, I doubt that will get someone that will make everyone happy though.

Going against the grain perhaps but I'm not seeing what makes him a bad choice.

Took over Ross county and won promotion at the first time of asking.

2 years later he's got them to a scottish cup final, beating celtic and hibs along the way.

Left to become hibs assistant.

Went back to Ross County after a year with hibs and won the championship.

In his first season in English football as a Manager he guided Plymouth Argyle FC to the League 2 Play Off Final at Wembley for the first time in 20 years, In the following season, Adams guided them to a 2nd-place finish and promotion to League One.

Yes it eventually went tits up but that is how it goes for every manager eventually. From what I can see he's been a success everywhere he has went until that inevitable point.

Edited by Bauld