Barack

***The Official Hearts v St. Mirren Match Thread***

portobellojambo1

It's a very important match tomorrow, which could provide some signs for the future. Although I was hoping to maybe see something different last weekend at Hampden it did arrive very quickly after Levein's departure.

The most important thing tomorrow is to win, to win in a manner that inspires something in the fans will be a big added bonus.Get it right on Saturday and we then have a little time to convince the players they don't have to defend when we go away from home, irrespective of the location we need to be approaching games with an outlook that they are all very potentially winnable. It's been a wee while since I've been actually looking forward to going to a game without pre match dread setting in.

I've always thought that we had a decent squad of players, the time has now arrived for them to convince me my thoughts were correct.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Austin certainly talks a good game - I liked his interview today. He’s spot on with all of that.

He has now had a completely focussed week of training with the squad - let’s see what tomorrow brings.

TheBigO
1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

Yeah, and me.

I never want to see him again after the last year

Wee amendment there mate

Weakened Offender
19 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Don't care to remember. I was in the Bobby Walker and made a bit of a pig of myself with the complimentary refreshments.

The now deceased poster Geoff the Mince recieved a yellow card from the club for dispensing some friendly advice to Goodwin from the posh seats.

Edit.

It might even have been before Neilson's time in charge.

Funny how I automatically assume that it was Robbie's team thal let that weasel bully them all over the park.

Probably says more about me than anything else. 

I wish I hadn't asked now. 

Captain Canada
33 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Wee amendment there mate

👍

Cruickshank for Scotland
5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Still wondering who thought it was a good idea to publicly build up this game into some kind of must win / cup final game.    Yes it's important.    Yes tell the players they have to win.     But do it behind the scenes.     Giving it the big yee-ha about cup finals will build up the opposition too.      And we're more fragile than them at the moment.

****ing idiotic tbh.     

You think everybody doesn’t already know this is a massive game???

rick witter
57 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Austin certainly talks a good game - I liked his interview today. He’s spot on with all of that.

He has now had a completely focussed week of training with the squad - let’s see what tomorrow brings.

So did Ian Cathro. Was still hopeless!! 

Austin will prove to be the same. 

Victorian
53 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You think everybody doesn’t already know this is a massive game???

Every game is 'big'.    But St.Mirren are a club used to operating at the lower reaches of the league.     It's a fairly normal,   run of the mill game for them.... until some big mouth starts shouting about cup finals,   etc.     

Cup final,   aye?     Well you can expect a cup final effort from our opponents now.

3fingersreid

Pick players to play in their correct position .

Play a formation that suits the players.

Then go out and win the ****ing game 

3-1 Hearts 

farin
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Pick players to play in their correct position .

Play a formation that suits the players.

Then go out and win the ****ing game 

3-1 Hearts 

Works for me. 😊

been here before
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

If MacLean is playing I might actually cry

Yep.

Id like to see Keena given a few games. Really cant be any worse than what we've seen this season but never seems to get a decent run under his belt.

Sir Gio

Football still seems part of a sideshow. Really didn't enjoy any of the build up last week,  not feeling any better this week either. 

Hope there's some relief tomorrow 

Jambof3tornado

Play hickey at left back.....please for sakes!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Austin communicates much better

Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Every game is 'big'.    But St.Mirren are a club used to operating at the lower reaches of the league.     It's a fairly normal,   run of the mill game for them.... until some big mouth starts shouting about cup finals,   etc.     

Cup final,   aye?     Well you can expect a cup final effort from our opponents now.

Massive game for Hearts - don’t give a shit about St Mirren.

Roxy Hearts

I'm going but with trepidation! We should win but I believe we have injury problems! 

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I wish I hadn't asked now. 

Well let that be a lesson to you, buddy. 👍

smartinmaroon
4 hours ago, rick witter said:

Nope, Ian Cathro did not talk a good game at all! Woeful in front of the camera. 

If he’d got wins though nobody would have cared.  Same with Austin in that respect only.  Austin much more at ease in interviews.

anyway absolutely detest st midden- hope some miracle happens and we thrash them

Uncle Buck

Uche and Keena up top please. No Clare, no Bozanic. Hickey at left back. Let’s just attack them and we’ve got a chance.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

His interview suggests changes - but that should be a given anyway after last week.

That said it sounds like there may be a surprise or two and the team will be based on performance in training this week and not reputation.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, been here before said:

Yep.

Id like to see Keena given a few games. Really cant be any worse than what we've seen this season but never seems to get a decent run under his belt.

So far, he's looked like he'd fit in perfectly in the 5s game I play in, so he could easily be worse!

fila
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Uche and Keena up top please. No Clare, no Bozanic. Hickey at left back. Let’s just attack them and we’ve got a chance.

Good shout out , particularly dropping those two, and playing Hickey on the left

Kiwidoug

Weather seems ok.  Get stuck in Hearts.  I can feel a 3-0 win coming on if McPhee gets the team selection and tactics anywhere near right.

sassenach

My fault if we lose :(

In my rush to get my bus I forgot to bring my Hearts scarf. Serves be right for wanting to arrive in Edinburgh before opening time.

To Be Frank

First time I’ve looked forward to a game in ages. 4-1 Hearts 👍🏻

KyleLafferty

Feel good factor brought back to Tynie today. 3-0, attacking football, solid defence, everyone running their bollocks off, good day all round! 

kingantti1874
10 hours ago, rick witter said:

ian cathro didn’t talk a good game at all, he mainly spoke gibberish .. Some of his press interviews were borderline hilarious.. 

im not defending Austin for the role..do not want

To Be Frank
10 hours ago, rick witter said:

:cornette:

Edited by To Be Frank

1971fozzy

MacPhees ridiculous team selection and tactics last Sunday do not inspire me whatsoever.

However even he would have to go some to f this one up. With Naismith and Walker back it really should be enough to get 3 points

The Real Maroonblood

A Hearts win.

What could possibly go wrong.

Icon of Symmetry
On 07/11/2019 at 22:15, Governor Tarkin said:

Pummel those Paisley ***** ******** ****s and give us all something to smile about .

Have to. Don’t think the support have any patience for anything else right now. If Whelan and Naismith are fit and playing, we should win. If Walker and Meshino are up for it and hungry we should have them camped in their half for the majority of the game. 

Icon of Symmetry
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

MacPhees ridiculous team selection and tactics last Sunday do not inspire me whatsoever.

However even he would have to go some to f this one up. With Naismith and Walker back it really should be enough to get 3 points

Have to agree with the MacPhee factor but, unfortunately. Hoping the semi was down to injuries and poor form from some others, because I’ve never seen a boozer full of Hearts supporters look so collectively crestfallen when the match day squad was announced, as I did last Sunday. Not for a semi anyway... that horror show in the league v Motherwell a few weeks ago wasn’t exactly inspiring either.

Jeff

Got a good feeling about today. Austin had us playing really nice stuff that time he stepped in for Levein due to illness - fairly sure we blew Hamilton away.

He got it wrong vs Rangers, hopefully he gets it spot on today.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Got a good feeling about today. Austin had us playing really nice stuff that time he stepped in for Levein due to illness - fairly sure we blew Hamilton away.

He got it wrong vs Rangers, hopefully he gets it spot on today.

I hope you're right but at present I will take the shitest football known to man if we still get 3 points out of this.

Jeff
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I hope you're right but at present I will take the shitest football known to man if we still get 3 points out of this.

I've been wrong all season but I'm due one!

Jambof3tornado

Just pick up 3 points Hearts ffs!!

davemclaren

Three points today hopefully. It would be nice to get to the boozer after a win, for a change. 

HoGwash
3 hours ago, sassenach said:

My fault if we lose :(

In my rush to get my bus I forgot to bring my Hearts scarf. Serves be right for wanting to arrive in Edinburgh before opening time.

Is that the scarf that's brought us such good fortune so far this season 🤣

TheBigO
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Have to. Don’t think the support have any patience for anything else right now. If Whelan and Naismith are fit and playing, we should win. If Walker and Meshino are up for it and hungry we should have them camped in their half for the majority of the game. 

This would be nice pal.

We simply need to play with urgency. No fear of mistakes cos we'll win the ball back anyway type attitude.

Walker needs to step up now he's back. Feeling he will.

VALDOS'

If Naismith and Walker are fit to start I would drop Clare and meshino. The first is long long overdue and the latter hasn't produced anything of note in the last 3 or 4 games, I wee reality check would do him the world of good. 

kingantti1874

Hospitality in the Gorgie for me today.. better ****ing win

Italian Lambretta

I have a feeling this could be the best performance at Tynie since the Aberdeen game back in March. Looking forward to the game which i havent done for a long time. I also hope all those individuals who said they wouldn't be back until levein was removed as manager will now get along today and support the club. 

His name is

Mcphee started Wighton up top last week so I won't bother trying to predict the team this week

the general
12 hours ago, rick witter said:

Never thought that Cathro did talk a good game ..

upgotheheads

I really want to see Aidan Keena given a start ahead of McLean.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, the general said:

Never thought that Cathro did talk a good game ..

He never really talked much to be honest. 

Cruickshank for Scotland
8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This would be good however who knows what brilliant plan Austin has come up with...

Cruickshank for Scotland
45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hospitality in the Gorgie for me today.. better ****ing win

Me too! 👍

sassenach
54 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Is that the scarf that's brought us such good fortune so far this season 🤣

This is only the second game I've managed to get to.  My previous game was Motherwell.

Point taken! :)

Sir Gio
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

First time I’ve looked forward to a game in ages. 4-1 Hearts 👍🏻

I don't think you have checked St Mirren and their goal difference