Barack

***The Official Hearts v St. Mirren Match Thread***

CJGJ
3 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

As usual, well worth a watch.

Depends on what watch though...I'd have to consider my view for a Breitling or a Breguet Tourbillon

jonnothejambo
7 hours ago, Morgan said:

Didn’t know you were going to Australia. 🙀

You should have said.  🤓

:phface:

Coburg Hearts
44 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Depends on what watch though...I'd have to consider my view for a Breitling or a Breguet Tourbillon

Time will tell, I suppose.

Morgan
26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:phface:

All jokes aside, how is it going?

ps. Clear your feckin inbox, will you?

jonnothejambo
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

All jokes aside, how is it going?

ps. Clear your feckin inbox, will you?

It's great. Also very hot. 

Will do.

JFK-1

A good result after some of what has come before. I expect there will be those who often appear to be happier when there is something to complain about who will still find something to complain about.

They're bottom of the table big deal may be the cry. Well while that's so they were still hit for 5 which is a goal tally the league has come to expect from no one but the OF.

Never at any time did I feel as if the overall picture was anything like as bad as the naysayers would like it to be. Just one win and and 3 points off the top 6 can hardly mean it was the apocalypse beforehand.

I feel top 6 will be achieved at the end but there may and probably will be ups and downs along the way to give the glum merchants their feed. There's a tough run coming up with two consecutive away games at Killie and Ibrox.

That could potentially put the gloom merchants back where they like to be.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

So makes a bit of a mockery for their twenties plenty protest 🙈

St Mirren's fans don't decide the ticket prices.

busby1985
8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

St Mirren's fans don't decide the ticket prices.

Yeah but they choose to protest at us charging over £20 when their own club are charging the same. 

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah but they choose to protest at us charging over £20 when their own club are charging the same. 

Fair play to them. We should be protesting too.

They're not protesting at Hearts specifically, they've unfurled that banner at other grounds around the country. 

Boab
Just now, busby1985 said:

Not quite.

£22 for us in September, £29 for them on Saturday.

busby1985
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not quite.

£22 for us in September, £29 for them on Saturday.

Surely they should be protesting their own club. In force the “twenties plenty” rule at their club then travel the country pointing out the away ticket prices. Seems daft to make a song and dance about it at a game when their own club are part of the problem. 

Boab

Surely they should be protesting their own club. In force the “twenties plenty” rule at their club then travel the country pointing out the away ticket prices. Seems daft to make a song and dance about it at a game when their own club are part of the problem. 

I don’t think they are defending their own club while condemning others. 
Ticket prices are too high and, frankly, we are one of the worst culprits. 

Nobreath

Are ticket prices to high for glory seeker Old Firm Fans?  They know there is every likelihood that they will not leave an away ground miserable. Let them pay top dollar for that privilege

When they are unable to sell out their allocation then I might agree.

Boab
Just now, Nobreath said:

Are ticket prices to high for glory seeker Old Firm Fans?  They know there is every likelihood that they will not leave an away ground miserable. Let them pay top dollar for that privilege

When they are unable to sell out their allocation then I might agree.

You’ll need to include Hibs and Aberdeen in that though. We have four Cat A games.

Full away ends at those games gives a good argument for pricing them as such. 
I just think prices are too high across the board. It’s reciprocated for Hearts fans who go away to their grounds. 

busby1985
25 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don’t think they are defending their own club while condemning others. 
Ticket prices are too high and, frankly, we are one of the worst culprits. 

No arguments from me. Just find it strange that they’ve done it against us when they charged us over £20 for a ticket. 

Boab

No arguments from me. Just find it strange that they’ve done it against us when they charged us over £20 for a ticket. 

I think if they had charged us £29 in September, you would have heard a lot more about it on here. I wouldn’t have went if it was.

been here before
59 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Its really not a difficult concept to understand. The fans dont set the prices, they think 20 is enough to pay are protesting against it.

TGFITW protested at their own ground about prices across the board- including their own club. I think they also done it at Ross County and maybe Easter Road.

image.jpg.3f1f2d9acf010c05c0c407acb9201910.jpg

St Mirren fans also unfurled a banner about it a Parkhead when they played there...

EIKPWpmX0AA7b5y.jpeg.jpg.8198ccf9c0e7fb1886a6d8203d2e6615.jpg

...and they have now done it at Tynecastle. I imagine theyll do it elsewhere maybe even at Love Street or whatever its called these days.

Its a campaign thats been going in ine form or another for a few years now. Gary McAllister got behind the Scottish FSA campaign 3 years ago.

Penny dropped now?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Its really not a difficult concept to understand. The fans dont set the prices, they think 20 is enough to pay are protesting against it.

TGFITW protested at their own ground about prices across the board- including their own club. I think they also done it at Ross County and maybe Easter Road.

image.jpg.3f1f2d9acf010c05c0c407acb9201910.jpg

St Mirren fans also unfurled a banner about it a Parkhead when they played there...

EIKPWpmX0AA7b5y.jpeg.jpg.8198ccf9c0e7fb1886a6d8203d2e6615.jpg

...and they have now done it at Tynecastle. I imagine theyll do it elsewhere maybe even at Love Street or whatever its called these days.

Its a campaign thats been going in ine form or another for a few years now. Gary McAllister got behind the Scottish FSA campaign 3 years ago.

Penny dropped now?

Can’t but agree with that really, it’s not a consideration for me but it’s never really factored in when crowds are talked about in an era of stagnating wages and austerity.

Smith's right boot
12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

A good result after some of what has come before. I expect there will be those who often appear to be happier when there is something to complain about who will still find something to complain about.

They're bottom of the table big deal may be the cry. Well while that's so they were still hit for 5 which is a goal tally the league has come to expect from no one but the OF.

Never at any time did I feel as if the overall picture was anything like as bad as the naysayers would like it to be. Just one win and and 3 points off the top 6 can hardly mean it was the apocalypse beforehand.

I feel top 6 will be achieved at the end but there may and probably will be ups and downs along the way to give the glum merchants their feed. There's a tough run coming up with two consecutive away games at Killie and Ibrox.

Yip. 

No matter who the manager is, with walker and Naismith in the side we'll score more goals. 

4 of the goal scorers (giving uche credit) never started v Rangers, 3 are just back from Injury. 

Top 6 imo is a given for us, hardly an achievement tho. 

If we stay relatively injury free I wouldn't discount 3rd or 4th yet. 

I actually think we'll go on a run and say win 6/7 games out of ten. 

Put us in about 4th by January. 

Beating Killie would be a big result to continue the momentum. 

Rudy T
13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don’t think anyone is moaning we played an offensive game, all players looking to drive forward, we got bodies in the box it’s all we ask. I can accept getting beat by anyone so long as we have a team prepared to get forward and try and score goals and giving their all for the jersey. 

We’ve not played like that for a year and it’s not all just about Naismith we have been so negative it’s almost become ingrained in every player what a joy it was to watch them just go out and play!

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, busby1985 said:

But they are not setting the prices, their club is. 

20 is plenty. 

busby1985
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But they are not setting the prices, their club is. 

20 is plenty. 

Yeah I get that. They didn’t or don’t protest at home games when their club are charging away fans more than £20, that’s my point. I fully understand that fans don’t pick the prices. Seems like a totally deliberate protest aimed at us when they are guilty of it as well, which I find strange. That’s my point. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah I get that. They didn’t or don’t protest at home games when their club are charging away fans more than £20, that’s my point. I fully understand that fans don’t pick the prices. Seems like a totally deliberate protest aimed at us when they are guilty of it as well, which I find strange. That’s my point. 

I dunno, perhaps they have asked the club about it and discuss it on their forum. 

It’s not directed solely at us because they did it at Parkhead. Are we more expensive for away fans than other clubs?

busby1985
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I dunno, perhaps they have asked the club about it and discuss it on their forum. 

It’s not directed solely at us because they did it at Parkhead. Are we more expensive for away fans than other clubs?

Yeah I’ve seen they done it at Celtic Park but they printed off fake twenties and made a big song and dance about it at the weekend. Just seemed a bit strange considering their own club doesn’t seem to be working to the “twenties plenty” thinking. I agree with twenty is plenty  the way. 

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah I’ve seen they done it at Celtic Park but they printed off fake twenties and made a big song and dance about it at the weekend. Just seemed a bit strange considering their own club doesn’t seem to be working to the “twenties plenty” thinking. I agree with twenty is plenty  the way. 

Fair point 👍🏻

It’s one of those things that should unite fans tbh

kingantti1874

The basic economics of Scottish football doesn’t support £20 tickets, not unless you want the quality to drop even further 

JFK-1

Unlike the EPL Scottish clubs are largely financed by gate money. Anyone who wants to acquire quality above league 1/2 freebies has only one way to finance it and that's predominately gate money.

Euro money aside it's what gives the OF their domestic advantage due to larger crowds. And exactly why many clubs want to draw the OF away in cup competitions despite the fact they're unlikely to progress there.

Making Euro groups could be a game changer for Hearts, Aberdeen etc as we will unfortunately see if Aberdeen were to make it while Hearts did not.

Kiwidoug

Well, fancy that.  Celtic and St Mirren share the same issue and do so in identical fashion.

I'm astonished.

maggieb
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The basic economics of Scottish football doesn’t support £20 tickets, not unless you want the quality to drop even further 

Just my view here.... ok  Celtic ,Rangers and Hxxxs always a sell out ? and unless they want to join the good guy club, surely it makes sense to get as many twenties in the door from the likes and never leave any doubt to travellers that’s what you are paying

no matter what ,if it fills the spaces , why not 👏🏻

maggieb
Just now, maggieb said:

Just my view here.... ok  Celtic ,Rangers and Hxxxs always a sell out ? and unless they want to join the good guy club, surely it makes sense to get as many twenties in the door from the likes and never leave any doubt to travellers that’s what you are paying

no matter what ,if it fills the spaces , why not 👏🏻

Ps. Obviously it works for our travellers in return 👏🏻

ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t think anyone is moaning we played an offensive game, all players looking to drive forward, we got bodies in the box it’s all we ask. I can accept getting beat by anyone so long as we have a team prepared to get forward and try and score goals and giving their all for the jersey. 

We’ve not played like that for a year and it’s not all just about Naismith we have been so negative it’s almost become ingrained in every player what a joy it was to watch them just go out and play!

Naismith is not the only player who's been injured. We lost our best forwards and best central defenders for much of both last season and this season, plus our best midfielder(s) for large parts of last season and this season so far.

It's been interesting reading the analysis of the Liverpool-Man City game. Almost every analysis mentions City missing two key players as being one of - not the only - reasons they lost. And that's Man City with unlimited money and players.

I've found it very weird that in the analysis of our last year both Hearts fans and Scottish pundits have glossed over our injuries to at least 4-6 key players for most of the time we've played poorly. The analysis down south is so much better. They all acknowledge that teams without their best players are likely to play worse, but at the same time they still criticise where needed. In Scotland, it's all knee-jerk criticism and no bigger picture analysis.

If Man City are considered weaker without just 2 key (emphasis on "key") players imagine if they had as many as us out? Imagine any of our rivals with that many out too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Rudy T
32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Naismith is not the only player who's been injured. We lost our best forwards and best central defenders for much of both last season and this season, plus our best midfielder(s) for large parts of last season and this season so far.

It's been interesting reading the analysis of the Liverpool-Man City game. Almost every analysis mentions City missing two key players as being one of - not the only - reasons they lost. And that's Man City with unlimited money and players.

I've found it very weird that in the analysis of our last year both Hearts fans and Scottish pundits have glossed over our injuries to at least 4-6 key players for most of the time we've played poorly. The analysis down south is so much better. They all acknowledge that teams without their best players are likely to play worse, but at the same time they still criticise where needed. In Scotland, it's all knee-jerk criticism and no bigger picture analysis.

If Man City are considered weaker without just 2 key (emphasis on "key") players imagine if they had as many as us out? Imagine any of our rivals with that many out too.

Man City still played their usual attacking game, injuries or no injuries they play the same way. 

Under Levein we completely shit the bed and played football so negative that the opposition knew they just needed to stay in the game long enough and we’d give them enough chances to eventually get something from the game.

ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Man City still played their usual attacking game, injuries or no injuries they play the same way. 

Under Levein we completely shit the bed and played football so negative that the opposition knew they just needed to stay in the game long enough and we’d give them enough chances to eventually get something from the game.

Unlimited money and players probably helps there. Unlike us they can have similar quality back-ups. 

My point was more about the coverage and analysis. Analysis of us generally completely ignores the injuries. For example, you'd expect an article called "What's behind Hearts poor start in the league" - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50226685 - to at least mention serious injuries to Naismith, Walker, Souttar, Haring, Halkett, Washington and injury issues for Uche and others being one factor. Nope. Same as Michael Stewart and the other pundits. The same pundits have all almost to a man been mentioning injuries and call-offs in their analysis of Clarke's record with Scotland so far.

Just find it weird that's all. I do agree Levein failed to deal with the injuries and eventually paid the price.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Smith's right boot
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Unlimited money and players probably helps there. Unlike us they can have similar quality back-ups. 

My point was more about the coverage and analysis. Analysis of us generally completely ignores the injuries. For example, you'd expect an article called "What's behind Hearts poor start in the league" - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50226685 - to at least mention serious injuries to Naismith, Walker, Souttar, Haring, Halkett, Washington and injury issues for Uche and others being one factor. Nope. Same as Michael Stewart and the other pundits. Just find it weird that's all. I do agree Levein failed to deal with the injuries and eventually paid the price.

Yip. 

Folk like Robbo Knew the score tho. 

Sensible folk know that when your better players are not playing yo aren't as good a team. 

When they start playing again you get better. 

Agree last part, he failed to adapt quick enough.

farin
7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think part of their gripe was that we only opened the top tier & charged them £29. The bottom tier would have been cheaper for some tickets had we opened it too. 

Rudy T
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

My point was more about the coverage and analysis. Analysis of us generally completely ignores the injuries. For example, you'd expect an article called "What's behind Hearts poor start in the league" - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50226685 - to at least mention serious injuries to Naismith, Walker, Souttar, Haring, Halkett, Washington and injury issues for Uche and others being one factor. Nope. Same as Michael Stewart and the other pundits. The same pundits have all almost to a man been mentioning injuries and call-offs in their analysis of Clarke's record with Scotland so far.

Just find it weird that's all. I do agree Levein failed to deal with the injuries and eventually paid the price.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

Folk like Robbo Knew the score tho. 

Sensible folk know that when your better players are not playing yo aren't as good a team. 

When they start playing again you get better. 

Agree last part, he failed to adapt quick enough.

Without covering well trodden ground again, even Ann Budge has to acknowledge in the end that we had a big enough squad to deal with injuries but simply didn’t. Not for a minute suggesting the injuries didn’t play a major part in the last year but the players that came in, the tactics and the overall negativity in our play were what lost him the job.

Hearts downward spiral is big news for the media sensationalist so I’d never expect them to be anything other than the way they’ve been. Notable change in Michael Stewart now his nemesis has been removed.

Edited by Rudy T

Icon of Symmetry

Unfortunately, until we have competent people running our game, who can attract more sponsorship and better media deals, any drop in ticket prices is going to effect the quality of players that we can attract. This will not hit Celtic particularly hard, but other clubs it will. Count me out.

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, farin said:

Think part of their gripe was that we only opened the top tier & charged them £29. The bottom tier would have been cheaper for some tickets had we opened it too. 

Ouch.

I just checked tickets for the Livvy game and there is an £8 difference between the lower Roseburn and upper Roseburn. That makes no sense to me (especially as you can buy tickets foer the lower and just sit in the upper anyway)

farin
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ouch.

I just checked tickets for the Livvy game and there is an £8 difference between the lower Roseburn and upper Roseburn. That makes no sense to me (especially as you can buy tickets foer the lower and just sit in the upper anyway)

Yep, bet there’s a few do that, especially when it rains. 😄

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, farin said:

I advised a couple of visiting friends to do it 😁

Saved them enough for a a few beers 👍🏻

Boab
1 hour ago, farin said:

Oh, there is !

Rain, hail or shine !

😎

Cruickshank for Scotland
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ouch.

Cheating the Club out of money! 😏

Nookie Bear
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Cheating the Club out of money! 😏

:sweeet:

farin
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I advised a couple of visiting friends to do it 😁

Saved them enough for a a few beers 👍🏻

😎🍺 

54 minutes ago, Boab said:

Oh, there is !

Rain, hail or shine !

😎

:pleasing:

Kiwidoug

It's very pleasant to skip through the week here on the back of a 5 goal performance instead of that desolute feeling during so much of the last 3 years.

Keep it up Hearts.