Reserve Game v Morton Tomorrow

The Natural Order

I’d actually play the team from Sunday and tell them they’re all playing for a place on Saturday.  Let them see that they’ll be playing at the Oriam for the rest of their contracts unless they fight for the badge.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Indoor or out? 

Probably outdoor. If they play on the astro then I think it's unlikely that Naismith and Walker would feature.

The weather might mean that the grass pitches will be unplayable, although one of them (pitch 4?) seems to drain incredibly well. (the same pitch as the reserves played Motherwell in a bounce game last week)

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Probably outdoor. If they play on the astro then I think it's unlikely that Naismith and Walker would feature.

The weather might mean that the grass pitches will be unplayable, although one of them (pitch 4?) seems to drain incredibly well. (the same pitch as the reserves played Motherwell in a bounce game last week)

That’s why I was asking. Seems even the players don’t know who will be involved yet. All dependent on which pitch is playable as you say. 1.5 inches of rain in 18 hours since noon yesterday hasn’t helped. 

scott herbertson

Anything happening? Anyone at the game?

is there anybody there?

Image result for seance

Edited by scott herbertson

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Anything happening? Anyone at the game?

Very sunny, cant see a thing.

Nothing of note.  Morton smacked crossbar from 30 yards.

We've had a few long range efforts.

scott herbertson

Cheers

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Very sunny, cant see a thing.

Nothing of note.  Morton smacked crossbar from 30 yards.

We've had a few long range efforts.

Just now, RobboM said:

Morton have come close hit the woodwork and a couple of other close things. Hearts best effort both Lewis Moore. Open game so far.

Cards everywhere. Morton trialist lucky to just see yellow for a kick out at Hamilton. Moments later McGill and Hamilton yellow carded fir Hearts

See they had an "Easdale" playing for them. Anyone know if there's any relation? I know that they're all over the 'Ton now ever since they dropped Sevco .....

Footballfirst
19 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Any idea who the Morton trialist was?

Sounds like he knows where the goal is...

The other players were calling him something like "Boli" or "Bozi". I was told that he was previously with Falkirk and is around 26. 

Footballfirst

Generally disappointing performance. In the first half Hearts were far too passive with their 4-2-3-1 formation.  The trialist was a bit of a handful, but I thought Aaron Darge, for a 16 year old, played him pretty well.

The goal came from a free kick, where the trialist reacted quickest to an attempted flick on. I thought Mason could have been braver and challenged for the ball with the striker. There would have been contact but he would probably have got a foul out of it.

Hearts changed their approach at the start of the second half pressing further forward in a 4-4-1-1 formation.  The goal was a simple tap in for Henderson having been laid on a plate by Schiavone's cross.

Guess what, having got back into the game and equalised, what did they do? The reverted back to the 4-2-3-1 formation that didn't work in the first half, lost control of the game and ultimately the game with it. Darge found himself on the wrong side of the striker for once, allowing him the opportunity to knock the ball high past Mason.   

chuck berrys hairline

Embarrassing what's the point in the academy if can't beat part time reserve team 😂🤣 give it time 🤫🤭🤣

42 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Is it correct Levein was hanging around the dugout area all game?

From where I was standing I first noticed him early second half but he was probably there for whole game.

38 minutes ago, Chambie15 said:

See they had an "Easdale" playing for them. Anyone know if there's any relation? I know that they're all over the 'Ton now ever since they dropped Sevco .....

Yes

Son of Sandy Easdale businessman

Edited by Mikey1874

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Generally disappointing performance. In the first half Hearts were far too passive with their 4-2-3-1 formation.  The trialist was a bit of a handful, but I thought Aaron Darge, for a 16 year old, played him pretty well.

The goal came from a free kick, where the trialist reacted quickest to an attempted flick on. I thought Mason could have been braver and challenged for the ball with the striker. There would have been contact but he would probably have got a foul out of it.

Hearts changed their approach at the start of the second half pressing further forward in a 4-4-1-1 formation.  The goal was a simple tap in for Henderson having been laid on a plate by Schiavone's cross.

Guess what, having got back into the game and equalised, what did they do? The reverted back to the 4-2-3-1 formation that didn't work in the first half, lost control of the game and ultimately the game with it. Darge found himself on the wrong side of the striker for once, allowing him the opportunity to knock the ball high past Mason.   

Thought it was disappointing for nearly entire 90 mins. Only pass marks for me were Ritchie, Darge (until late goal), Henderson and again Lewis Moore best of the bunch. 
One question - we had Kirk, Park, Daly, Gallagher, Rankin in the dugout and Levein and Arnott just outside it. Add in Locke, Naismith and Cameron on the sidelines watching. Not sure if Mickey is on our payroll yet but that was a lot of overhead at a reserve game. Is it really necessary, esp the five in the dugout? 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Thought it was disappointing for nearly entire 90 mins. Only pass marks for me were Ritchie, Darge (until late goal), Henderson and again Lewis Moore best of the bunch. 
One question - we had Kirk, Park, Daly, Gallagher, Rankin in the dugout and Levein and Arnott just outside it. Add in Locke, Naismith and Cameron on the sidelines watching. Not sure if Mickey is on our payroll yet but that was a lot of overhead at a reserve game. Is it really necessary, esp the five in the dugout? 

The number of coaching staff around the dugouts at games is something I've commented on previously. It's complete overkill, and can only serve to undermine the designated coach, plus create a situation where players might get mixed messages.

There should be no more than two coaches on the sidelines with everyone else on the other side of the park.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The number of coaching staff around the dugouts at games is something I've commented on previously. It's complete overkill, and can only serve to undermine the designated coach, plus create a situation where players might get mixed messages.

There should be no more than two coaches on the sidelines with everyone else on the other side of the park.

That is I believe the rule.

Certainly I know of teams that have got in trouble in England. Coaches are now booked for indiscretions so it has become more obvious. I saw coaches booked in English Championship for too many coaches coming forward to touchline. Maybe depends on the league. 

Edited by Mikey1874

19 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Embarrassing what's the point in the academy if can't beat part time reserve team 😂🤣 give it time 🤫🤭🤣

Wasted money time for a rethink.

46 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Thank you FF.