McPhee, you can get your coat too pal

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What baffled me today was why did he wait until five minutes from the end before he put Keena on as the rest of the frontline cannie hit a barn door not saying he was the answer but deserved twenty minutes at least lol.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• McCrae

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Just now, steven_mck said:

It's a strange one with the Northern Ireland situation because Michael O'Neil clearly rates him.

I find it strange too.I think McPhees role was limited to analysing the opposition.It may have worked for NI it did not work for us.I would have thought there would a place for him at Stoke if ONeil rates him that highly.Maybe it will happen if ,as i hope,he leaves Hearts.

SomethingAboutObua
20 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I find it strange too.I think McPhees role was limited to analysing the opposition.It may have worked for NI it did not work for us.I would have thought there would a place for him at Stoke if ONeil rates him that highly.Maybe it will happen if ,as i hope,he leaves Hearts.

Think you're right on his NI role. He's probably a fantastic guy to have at international level, one off-type games where you have 3 months to work out the next 3 matches and every potential line up and opponent. Week to week/3 games in a week where you need to spend a good deal of your time on player fitness/skills ahead of actual analysis, you won't be as effective as a coach. 

I had mixed views on AM if I’m honest, I thought he spoke well when he was landed with the caretaker managers job and when he said he had to assist the manager in what they wanted to do I genuinely thought it would be fair to see what he could bring to the table 

that was a few weeks ago right enough and the players didn’t respond. Might not be directly down to him but as others have said he is part of the legacy and probably best he leaves us now

that said, I still have a sneaking suspicion he is going to get the SD role 

1 hour ago, leginten said:

Thanks for nothing, Austin.

Now **** off.

This.

Get this loser and the other loser coaches off the wage bill. 

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

This.

Get this loser and the other loser coaches off the wage bill. 

Couldn’t agree more. It’s a results driven business. See ya!

2 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

You know what I was very critical of Austin McPhee before, but listening to him on the radio tonight it made me rethink things about the guy.  Basically Levein has disappeared into the darkness and been let off the hook, while Austin has stepped forward and is now dealing with the utter dogshit squad that's been assembled, all the while he's trying to motivate them at the same time not even knowing if he still has a role to play long term. 

The blame should not be put on him, it sits firmly with these imposters on the field. 

He was happy to tell everyone after the St Mirren game that he was responsible or part responsible for bringing most of the players to the club.

1 hour ago, steven_mck said:

It's a strange one with the Northern Ireland situation because Michael O'Neil clearly rates him.

Is Michael O'Neill perfect? Is it inconceivable that he could be duped?

3 hours ago, weehammy said:

Ah those halcyon days of only a couple of weeks ago when people were defending him in here because the sainted Michael O’Neil backed him.

Eh that's bullshit. 

24 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I had mixed views on AM if I’m honest, I thought he spoke well when he was landed with the caretaker managers job and when he said he had to assist the manager in what they wanted to do I genuinely thought it would be fair to see what he could bring to the table 

that was a few weeks ago right enough and the players didn’t respond. Might not be directly down to him but as others have said he is part of the legacy and probably best he leaves us now

that said, I still have a sneaking suspicion he is going to get the SD role 

Naw no way naw.

1 hour ago, steven_mck said:

Aye ok that doesn't mean to say he's any good quite the opposite in fact.No person can defend him and his shitshow record at Hearts in the last 3 years.5 year plan ha last person I heard of doing that was Josef Stalin and we all know what happened there.

McPhee was, and still is a major part of this period of total failure, led by Levein. I would hold on to Andy Kirk and Donald Park. The quicker all the others leave the building, the better. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
57 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Think you're right on his NI role. He's probably a fantastic guy to have at international level, one off-type games where you have 3 months to work out the next 3 matches and every potential line up and opponent. Week to week/3 games in a week where you need to spend a good deal of your time on player fitness/skills ahead of actual analysis, you won't be as effective as a coach. 

Good post. Also, NI are punching above their weight. Almost every game they play they are up against it. They need to find any marginal gain they can and exploit every weakness. That's not as important for Hearts at home to Livingston. We should be taking the game to them with intensify and being ruthless. They should worry far more about us than we do about them. 

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

That may well be the.case.

He wrote his managers CV over the games he’s just been in charge of. Could not get a superior squad to beat inferior ones. So that’s a fail. 
sub six minutes to go when we are losing and not looking to score. Fail. 
I don’t have the seethe some have for him tho and actually saw a few positives. 
Against Livi, playing Mulraney and Claire wide and getting the ball very quickly to them on the counter worked well to address two defensive banks of 4. We didn’t have enough firepower to get in the box and score. The Rangers Cup semi, he made the call to hold out the first half and bring on Uche etc second. Hit with injuries and goal just before half time put paid to that and we collapsed. As we have subsequently seen, Rangers are head and shoulders above us. He took a risk to try and get something out of the semi. Didn’t just bow down to them. 
end of the day not good enough tho and failed to get the squad performing for him.  

6 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Amazing how many people don’t recognise this. I think this guy is as guilty if not more than Levein. He is a fraud bigtime 

How can he be more guilty than Levein FFS???

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

He was happy to tell everyone after the St Mirren game that he was responsible or part responsible for bringing most of the players to the club.

Its nothing to be proud of! Yet another reason to bin the loser.....

Clearly a very effective person to have in international football where you have players for days at a time and, in the case of Northern Ireland, it’s as much about preventing the opposition from playing their standard game as it is taking the game to the opposition. I would imagine you may want similar skills when playing regularly in Europe.

However, in a limited ability, domestic league where you play each other 4 times a season (*), sometimes more depending on cup ties and the fact that you can watch each of your opponents live regularly throughout the season the need for team by team, player by player analysis is less valuable. You don’t need a dossier to know what Killie, Hibs, St Mirren, et al are going to do in a match.

You take your best players, put them in their best positions and then fill the gaps to best of the ability available in your squad. You then work hard for 90 minutes, pressure defences, chase things down, and be aggressive. For me that’s the formula between top six and bottom six. The difference between 3/4 and 5/6 is more skilful players. The difference between 1-2 is money.

* yes, yes the split....I know!!!

Austin has skills, but do we need them? For our domestic game probably not and add in the fact that he’s tainted by association (or perhaps even by action, but none of us really know that) then it’s probably time to split and move on.

50 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How can he be more guilty than Levein FFS???

How can Mary west be more guilty than Fred 

A loser and a nobody who was allowed to happen. Just like Cathro and just like Levein. Defeat and failure is almost celebrated at our club nowadays. We accept strikers who don't score and players who barely give a shit. We accept getting bullied at home and losing every week away. We accept having no atmosphere at Tynecastle. Our culture sucks.

Nanny McPhee adios amigos!

Loved the chat about Nanny over his time at Hearts. Fans always sticking up for him as he talked a couple of mince Ireland players into signing for us as if he was some kind of Mr Fix it. Like the Wolf in Pulp Fiction😂🤣

6 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Clearly a very effective person to have in international football where you have players for days at a time and, in the case of Northern Ireland, it’s as much about preventing the opposition from playing their standard game as it is taking the game to the opposition. I would imagine you may want similar skills when playing regularly in Europe.

However, in a limited ability, domestic league where you play each other 4 times a season (*), sometimes more depending on cup ties and the fact that you can watch each of your opponents live regularly throughout the season the need for team by team, player by player analysis is less valuable. You don’t need a dossier to know what Killie, Hibs, St Mirren, et al are going to do in a match.

You take your best players, put them in their best positions and then fill the gaps to best of the ability available in your squad. You then work hard for 90 minutes, pressure defences, chase things down, and be aggressive. For me that’s the formula between top six and bottom six. The difference between 3/4 and 5/6 is more skilful players. The difference between 1-2 is money.

* yes, yes the split....I know!!!

Austin has skills, but do we need them? For our domestic game probably not and add in the fact that he’s tainted by association (or perhaps even by action, but none of us really know that) then it’s probably time to split and move on.

Some excellent points made and good points for debate....

Im very confused re AM...I know someone that knows him well and in a football context and AM is a bright chap and very successful businessman first and foremost....really ill-informed comments re him...a few posts above this some silly comments saying he wriggles into 'organisations'.

Plural. I would ask apart from Hearts where else has AM 'wriggled' into?

He has skills and on paper he should be seen as an asset, but if pushed personally, I think it may be healthier for him and us to have a clean break due to him being part of a setup that is as poor and underperforming, as I have seen in my time watching our wonderful club...

Edited by GavK1012

GorgieRules22

I feel like Macphee has sabotaged every team line up he’s had the chance to pick, he’s not liked. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Austin.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A loser and a nobody who was allowed to happen. Just like Cathro and just like Levein. Defeat and failure is almost celebrated at our club nowadays. We accept strikers who don't score and players who barely give a shit. We accept getting bullied at home and losing every week away. We accept having no atmosphere at Tynecastle. Our culture sucks.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

On 08/12/2019 at 06:57, GavK1012 said:

Some excellent points made and good points for debate....

Im very confused re AM...I know someone that knows him well and in a football context and AM is a bright chap and very successful businessman first and foremost....really ill-informed comments re him...a few posts above this some silly comments saying he wriggles into 'organisations'.

Plural. I would ask apart from Hearts where else has AM 'wriggled' into?

He has skills and on paper he should be seen as an asset, but if pushed personally, I think it may be healthier for him and us to have a clean break due to him being part of a setup that is as poor and underperforming, as I have seen in my time watching our wonderful club...

Excellent post.

I think that the situation over the last few years has led people to listen to any old comments and treat them as gospel. 

I believe he will do well wherever his next job takes him but I certainly agree that he need to move on from Hearts for the sake of his own career. 

Good luck to Stendel also. He is certainly going to need it....

Dusk_Till_Dawn
43 minutes ago, Stavropol said:

Excellent post.

I think that the situation over the last few years has led people to listen to any old comments and treat them as gospel. 

I believe he will do well wherever his next job takes him but I certainly agree that he need to move on from Hearts for the sake of his own career. 

Good luck to Stendel also. He is certainly going to need it....

The reality is, there’s nothing positive you can say about his time with hearts. He’s held a coaching role for three years and is clearly a hopeless coach, as proven by the team’s performance with him as number two and (even moreso) by their performance with him as caretaker when, if anything, we’ve got worse.

I’m not sure why it is that folk keep inventing these mysterious, magical abilities which he actually has but we’ve never witnessed. It’s bizarre. When his talent has actually been tested, he’s been found out.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The reality is, there’s nothing positive you can say about his time with hearts. He’s held a coaching role for three years and is clearly a hopeless coach, as proven by the team’s performance with him as number two and (even moreso) by their performance with him as caretaker when, if anything, we’ve got worse.

I’m not sure why it is that folk keep inventing these mysterious, magical abilities which he actually has but we’ve never witnessed. It’s bizarre. When his talent has actually been tested, he’s been found out.

I'll be interested to see what Stendel can do with this current squad of players. 

1 hour ago, Stavropol said:

I'll be interested to see what Stendel can do with this current squad of players. 

Not enough Mr Sheen on the planet to get a shine out of these turds.  It will take a clear out and new recruits but I feel he is our man to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard Ann Budge on the radio

Macphee will decide if he stays or goes. (wasn't clear if she meant before his contract is up)

Levein will go if he finds another opportunity.

All very vague. 

• 1 month later...