Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

He will be announced tomorrow and presented on the pitch IMO. 

Hearts marketing wont miss that trick. But they should announce it well before the match to drive up attendance numbers and hopefully give the team a lift and chance to impress him.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

8 minutes ago, bazman said:

It's got announcement tomorrow and presented on the pitch at half time written all over it

He'll end up doing the half time draw as his first order of business!

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hearts marketing wont miss that trick. But they should announce it well before the match to drive up attendance numbers and hopefully give the team a lift and chance to impress him.

For his benefit, let's hope we're not losing at half time as there will be very few people there to see it.

15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Speaking from personal experience ?

You do seem to be from a different planet

Pluto isn’t a planet anymore. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

For his benefit, let's hope we're not losing at half time as there will be very few people there to see it.

If we're losing at half time never mind getting on the pitch he can get to the dressing room tell MacPhee and Daly to leave and tell the players WTF to do!

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I'm going for the first time this season just to see Macphee and his duds last game.  If I don't witness it I will never believe it.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I'm going for the first time this season just to see Macphee and his duds last game.  If I don't witness it I will never believe it.

Why don't you and Mrs Budge sit down after the game and you can discuss your issues with her (mind and use all your cute nicknames) ..... be more entertaining than the game!

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Why don't you and Mrs Budge sit down after the game and you can discuss your issues with her (mind and use all your cute nicknames) ..... be more entertaining than the game!

Would be better if they done it at half time and get them out on the pitch mic’d up. No way I’d be going for a p### and missing that.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

🤪🤪🤪

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

WOW!! You think it all went right under his management at Leicester, Scotland and Hearts??? 😳

Anybody that gets to play or manage Heart's is living the dream imo. 

To do both is legendary.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why in the name of all that's holy are punters still arguing about Craig Levein 🌞🌞 It's a bright new day.

You would think. 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why in the name of all that's holy are punters still arguing about Craig Levein 🌞🌞 It's a bright new day.

Some posters just like a ****ing moan and have to include them in almost every post they make to make themselves feel better. Same as some have to slag AB in almost every post they make....

12 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

What a negative attitude.  The Tas clan will be there regardless.  It's Livi.

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I heard the girls team are doing a lap of honour....😉

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

As someone who has been really critical of the handling of this situation and Budge in particular, heard some information last night that has changed my perception on this, quite a bit.

Now I am relaying 3rd hand information here, however I have no doubts about the original source for this. It may or may not be embellished on the way before it reaches me, I simply can't confirm that.

From the start I will say that I have no idea if Stendel is or is not going to be our next manager but as of late Sunday there was no contact agreement in place. Anyone suggesting otherwise or saying it was a done deal was jumping the gun or making it up. There is a difference between chasing someone and a contract being signed.

One of the primary reasons for the length of time it has taken to sign this guy, is that he knows the club are desperate and he is milking it for all his worth.

From what I am told, he has been playing money games, back and forward for a while, over things like pounds and euros. He then rejected the latest deal as his price went up 10% after the last result. The bottom line is, he's holding all the cards.

I don't know if he will be in the dugout anytime soon but the club and Budge have been getting quite a runaround from this guy.

Hope he is worth it.

How long did it take you to make up that garbage. Anyone who has read your posts know you are either Hibs or a troll.

cardboardcutout
1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

What a negative attitude.  The Tas clan will be there regardless.  It's Livi.

Aye even I;m going and as my name suggests that's infrequent!

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

How long did it take you to make up that garbage. Anyone who has read your posts know you are either Hibs or a troll.

We can only hope when Stendal arrives the mods have a right good look through this thread and the purge begins!!

If we are having a clear out of the current coaching team perhaps it doesn’t make sense to formally make the announcement until after the game tomorrow. 

29 minutes ago, Boris said:

I've been to Frankfurt am Main, but not the Oder one.

Oder is the river that separates Poland from Germany.  Am means on (I think) e.g. Frankfurt on the Oder, Frankfurt on the (river) Main.

I will check out that story.  Cheers!

Correct. I've been to them both, the 'An Der Oder' one before the big financial centre at 'Am Main'. It's just a border town close to one of the busiest German-Polish border crossings at nearby Swiecko. I drove through it in 1995, not hugely long after the wall fell. No doubt it's come on in leaps and bounds since then. Most of old East Germany was still pretty run down then with some of the roads pretty grim. 

Herr Stendel would only have been 15 when the wall fell so he's lived mostly in freedom. 👍

Arthur Morgan

Surely the club knew about the compensation beforehand? If not then this has turned into even more of a shambles :(

Edited by Arthur Morgan

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

😂 what you like man. 

I'll be there tomorrow. Hopefully the start of a new exciting era

The Wrinkly Ninja
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Only going to get your face painted nap.

On 31/10/2019 at 19:41, Martin_T said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Stendel?wprov=sfla1

Recently sacked by Barnsley, having got them promoted last season. Previous experience in the Bundesliga with Hannover. May be a stretch budget wise, but this is the kind of bold appointment I'd like to see us make.

Bet you didnt know what you were starting on the 31st of October with this thread 🤣

2 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Only going to get your face painted nap.

I see no other reason nowadays

44 minutes ago, Boris said:

I've been to Frankfurt am Main, but not the Oder one.

Oder is the river that separates Poland from Germany.  Am means on (I think) e.g. Frankfurt on the Oder, Frankfurt on the (river) Main.

I will check out that story.  Cheers!

Didn't realise those connections were to do with rivers. :lol:

My still somewhat limited German knowledge, led me to believe Frankfurt am Main was literally 'Main Frankfurt', and as oder is also German for 'or', I assumed it was literally Frankfurt Other. Although my version wouldn't make 100% sense in German, but still a fun way to remember if I don't want to turn up to the wrong one. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You’d like to think that some of the jokers masquerading as footballers in our squad might turn up now 

44 minutes ago, Barack said:

Feel free to do some ****ing work.

No point now. I finish at 5 o'clock and we still haven't appointed Stendel so JKB and GeoGuessr it is.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Let’s Get real. Get real. Barnsley are just a bunch of cowboys trying to get money out of Hearts.

They did sack Stendel from doing the job he was employed to do even though they kept paying 

him but that was more to do with money rather than trying to help him financially. Barnsley never 

wanted to pay his contract up in full because of cash flow and in the hope he managed to be 

successful in getting another job whereby they could stop paying his wage and ask for 

compensation. Yes they are at it big time and I’d love to get them in court and although in 

law they might win I’d rip them apart cross examining their board. Their reputation would be 

in tatters and on a personal note I’d love it.

Go for it mitch.

17 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Anybody that gets to play or manage Heart's is living the dream imo. 

To do both is legendary.

Can’t argue with that! ❤️

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Bet you didnt know what you were starting on the 31st of October with this thread 🤣

Also credit to @SteauaNeedarest who quoted him on the odds thread on Halloween 

my nephew sent me a text earlier quoting me telling him to back Stendel at 28-1 that night. I’m the itk uncle now! 

50 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I have nothing to say, but just thought I would add to the general excitement. There"s almost never a dull week supporting Hearts! 😁

last 3 seasons have been very dull tbf 

18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We can only hope when Stendal arrives the mods have a right good look through this thread and the purge begins!!

That shouldn’t take more than a year.

A bit like an air crash investigation, sifting through the wreckage?

Edited by alfajambo

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Daily Record say Hearts want to sort out the 'compensation' issue before announcing it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-stendel-latest-hearts-work-21016964.amp

It will be paid and he will be named manager. Too many people I trust know this to be the case and I can guarantee that will be the outcome.

I’m not ever gonna claim ITK especially when I was banging on about Moyes joining 😂  but this is happening.

Personally think it’s an outstanding appointment but only time will tell. 

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Deal signed in principal-ity?

Considering this thread has often been about a Grand Prix, you could be right.

<groan>

Edited by Coburg Hearts

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

last 3 seasons have been very dull tbf 

The football hasn't been that great, admittedly, but what with manager shenanigans, injuries, the quality of players we've been signing, stand building issues, etc. it's never really been dull. Imo, of course.

This would be the type of appointment I would have hoped for and realistically expected.  We were never going to get ex premier league managers etc... There is no guarantee of a successful manager, but on paper this is a good appointment. And I'll give him time, as the players are rock bottom in confodence and many just are not fit for purpose.

I hope his assistants come and he has the free hand to bin/keep existing staff at the club.

Upon the announcement (Fingers crossed) I'll look out for the thread where people start posting apologies to the board and Ann in particular, as they were quick enough to post some total nonsense on this thread criticising a process they were not privy to.

Can I just say what a low-rent twat this Barnsley chairman is. Adds more creedance to them having undermined Stendel by selling players out from under him and probaby behaving like 2-bit chancers.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

It's Indonesia, I can confirm. 

Flag emoji not showing up on my desktop. It's only showing up as "ID", meaning indonesia.

On my lap top I only get the initials, on my phone I get the actual flag. No Idea why the difference.

• davemclaren locked this topic