• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

scott herbertson
Just now, Ferryjambo99 said:

Bringing in his assistant Monty Carlo

I wouldn't roulette out

1 minute ago, micole said:

Mmmmm.....seems strange he would be in breach of contract if he was sacked. If that was the case could Barnsley just prevent him from new employment by keep paying him to sit in the house for the remainder of his contract, that seems a very strange stance to take IMO.

As I read it, Barnsley say he wasn't sacked and is therefore still in their employment. Gardening leave is a way to avoid a lump sum payment, but also to prevent any competitors from employing his services. Or in Barnley's case, a mechanism to demand compensation.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well if anyone's got some good Indonesian puns, now is the time.

Give me a minute, I think Ikan.

Just now, The Mercer Takeover said:

I honestly can't tell you who the original source is, but it is the same person who highlight delay issues in the new stand, long before it was public. 

I don't know if Stendel acting like this is normal or not, but from what I was told, the club were more than surprised with this and getting pretty p*%%£* off.

That’s how job negotiations work. It’s a two way street. 

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hooray! A post of yours i agree with

Drench yourself in bleach and rinse.

1 minute ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I honestly can't tell you who the original source is, but it is the same person who highlight delay issues in the new stand, long before it was public. 

Cruickshank? :D 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sumatra?  Someone must Java some?  No?

Oh well...

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Garendanging leave? Anyone got a beef with that?

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I wouldn't roulette out

That’s pretty Grim(aldi) 

[no pun]

But this dude has been shown round Tynie, Riccarton and Edinburgh yet not one person with a camera phone has snapped him on these jaunts?

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Let’s Get real. Get real. Barnsley are just a bunch of cowboys trying to get money out of Hearts.

They did sack Stendel from doing the job he was employed to do even though they kept paying 

him but that was more to do with money rather than trying to help him financially. Barnsley never 

wanted to pay his contract up in full because of cash flow and in the hope he managed to be 

successful in getting another job whereby they could stop paying his wage and ask for 

compensation. Yes they are at it big time and I’d love to get them in court and although in 

law they might win I’d rip them apart cross examining their board. Their reputation would be 

in tatters and on a personal note I’d love it.

You're right, Mitch.  IMO Barnsley have a tenuous case at best.

They relieved DS of his duties and continued to pay him - that's fine. They put in a caretaker but, nominally at least, DS is  is still their manager albeit on some sort of gardening leave.

However Barnsley then appoint a new manager which effectively means Stendel is fired.  His post has been filled, leaving Barnsley requiring to pay up the rest of his contract, either in one sum or continued salary payments.  It matters not whether he falls into a new job right away or not.

The tenuous case they have IMO is that HMFC are being accused of tampering and if we did approach him before Barnsley appointed their new manager they might have a bit of a case. I doubt if the compensation would be all that much as I'm nearly certain a Tribunal would see that as little more than a minor technicality; he had been constructively dismissed and with hindsight it must be clear that Barnsley had been looking for a replacement.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Sumatra?  Someone must Java some?  No?

Oh well...

:facepalm: Gulai goody gumdrops.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Wonder if there's a country on the planet a pun can't be made about.🤔

Possibly Belgium. Because...it's Belgium.

It's Fleming difficult.....

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

As I read it, Barnsley say he wasn't sacked and is therefore still in their employment. Gardening leave is a way to avoid a lump sum payment, but also to prevent any competitors from employing his services. Or in Barnley's case, a mechanism to demand compensation.

I get that, why would Barnsley seek compensation if the guy gets paid by his new employer therefore they would stop paying him, or is the case as I have previously mentioned Stendel is holding out for his contract to be paid up in full. I'm beginning to think it may be the case here again I'm no employment expert...😁

The Wrinkly Ninja

I heard that we have made him an offer and it is money that’s at Jakarta the problem.

The bali’s in his court !

17 minutes ago, micole said:

I cannot get my head around this Barnsley thing. If the man was on "garden leave" after being sacked he would still be getting paid until he found other employment then that payment stops. Is it the case the he (Stendal) wants his contract paid in full regardless of any new employment therefore Barnsley want their money back, but again it was their choice to sack him so any monies owed or not has nothing to do with Hearts. I do not profess to know the workings of contracts ect however it seems a bit bizarre that Barnsley think they have a case against Hearts if the deal goes through.

If he was on gardening leave then he hasn't been sacked ergo he' still on the payroll as normal. If he's still on the payroll he's under contract to Barnsley and Hearts will have to pay compo to get him released from it. If he has reached agreement on a termination I don't see how that deal binds any new employer (Hearts) - unless he is telling Hearts they have to reach a separate agreement.  As i posted earlier Spurs allegedly have a clause in Poch's contract that he can't take up a new role for a certain period after his sacking. In which case Spurs will not pay him.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Does this mean MacPhee is getting Papua'd out?

What the "traditionalists" will no-doubt want to know is if DS is a member of the Orang Order...

Edited by Auld Reekin'

56 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If they sent Stendel a letter saying the words “termination of employment”, then they won’t have a leg to stand on. 

Not necessarily, I got a pay off years ago and would have had to pay it back pro rata if I got another job in the same sector within 3 years. There could be all sorts of clauses in there for all we know.

26 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Let’s Get real. Get real. Barnsley are just a bunch of cowboys trying to get money out of Hearts.

They did sack Stendel from doing the job he was employed to do even though they kept paying 

him but that was more to do with money rather than trying to help him financially. Barnsley never 

wanted to pay his contract up in full because of cash flow and in the hope he managed to be 

successful in getting another job whereby they could stop paying his wage and ask for 

compensation. Yes they are at it big time and I’d love to get them in court and although in 

law they might win I’d rip them apart cross examining their board. Their reputation would be 

in tatters and on a personal note I’d love it.

You really believe all that don’t you? 😄

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

What the "traditionalists" will no-doubt want to know is if DS is a member of the Orang order...

Probably a good old atheist like most of Germany. Even more so being from the fromer GDR.

Edit: I just got got. Taking it seriously hah. Just realised it was a bloody Indonesia pun. FML.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I heard that we have made him an offer and it is money that’s at Jakarta the problem.

The bali’s in his court !

As long as he’s not a spoilt Bratan.

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

[no pun]

But this dude has been shown round Tynie, Riccarton and Edinburgh yet not one person with a camera phone has snapped him on these jaunts?

Was talking to Groundsman at oriam the other day . He mentioned levein met someone last week but never new who it was.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If he was on gardening leave then he hasn't been sacked ergo he' still on the payroll as normal. If he's still on the payroll he's under contract to Barnsley and Hearts will have to pay compo to get him released from it. If he has reached agreement on a termination I don't see how that deal binds any new employer (Hearts) - unless he is telling Hearts they have reach agreement.  As i posted earlier Spurs allegedly have a clause in Poch's contract that he can't take up a new role for a certain period after his sacking. In which case Spurs will not pay him.

Yup , when I left my last company ( 10years ago) I took voluntary redundancy we agreed a package and I had to sign a confidentiality agreement that I would not work for another company in the same field ie competitor's  for 2 years.   

Just now, Barack said:

Democratic Republic of Congo...puns.

Go for it.

That’s Congoleasy.

15 minutes ago, micole said:

Mmmmm.....seems strange he would be in breach of contract if he was sacked. If that was the case could Barnsley just prevent him from new employment by keep paying him to sit in the house for the remainder of his contract, that seems a very strange stance to take IMO.

No way hes breaching his contract if sacked,  its them the club that have cancelled his contract.

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Could Monaco be a hint to an exciting takeover?

Cannae wait until someone signs so I can close this thread. 🧐😄

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wonder if there's a country on the planet a pun can't be made about.🤔

Possibly Belgium. Because...it's Belgium.

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It's Fleming difficult.....

I'm Leuven these!  

16 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I don't know if Stendel acting like this is normal or not, but from what I was told, the club were more than surprised with this and getting pretty p*%%£* off.

:rofl: 

💩

2 minutes ago, micole said:

Yup , when I left my last company ( 10years ago) I took voluntary redundancy we agreed a package and I had to sign a confidentiality agreement that I would not work for another company in the same field ie competitor's  for 2 years.   

Pretty common. Hard to enforce legally but who wants to fight a court battle?. 

Brick Tamland
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Democratic Republic of Congo...puns.

Go for it.

Wonder if Stendel will allow Haring to play with a band in his Zaire? 

2 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

That's just more waffle.

Waffly difficult to prove though.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

All part of the recruitment process.

I “hate” the shambles my team is in and I’m “bitter” we are bumping along the bottom of the league - aren’t you?

It's time to start afresh .

New manager and first team coaches.

Hearts fans need to unite.

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Are you not “bitter” that your team has been left in a shambles and in free fall Colin? 🤔

Not happy about but not an ounce of bitterness.  Does you a lot more harm than the one your bitter against.

itsnomarooned
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not necessarily, I got a pay off years ago and would have had to pay it back pro rata if I got another job in the same sector within 3 years. There could be all sorts of clauses in there for all we know.

On the face of it that length of restrictive covenant would be open to challenge - seems entirely unreasonable.

• davemclaren locked this topic