Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Or he could, crazy idea here, look for another job in football?

He could and he might but with health and the like why not do a proper hand over then step back for a bit and reassess. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

St Johnstone job........ I reckon? 

you reckon! 😂

7 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

the disappointment comes more from the time it took for her to sack him and her last statement re genuine Hearts fans. Will give her the credit she deserves if she pulls it off with DS.

Fair enough genuine fans chat was ill advised and Levein should have gone in May. However, Levein may have reverted to DoF in May so alls well that ends well.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

you reckon! 😂

Possibly if tommeh gets the boot. 

Unless he's our SD ofc. 😳

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

Has anyone actually confirmed if Levein showed him around or are we just believing one poster on this mental thread?

Levein did show him around. Also gave him an insight in to how the academy is performing. Despite his clear failings at first team level he’s done wonders for the academy.

6 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Contract terms would still have had been to met, so he'll have got paid both salaries until their completion.

He doesn’t get two salaries as per the annual accounts thread. It’s an(other) urban myth.  

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

But Ann said he wouldn’t be involved in the recruitment process? 🤔

But what difference does it make to you apart from your eternal obsession?  You should see a doctor.

PS - It's a woman's privilege to change her mind.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Levein did show him around. Also gave him an insight in to how the academy is performing. Despite his clear failings at first team level he’s done wonders for the academy.

Just out of curiosity, can you explain these?

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Apparently we should just be paying him for either doing **** all or to GTF.

Although some would say he’s been doing **** all for 3 years amarite?

As for showing someone round the club being part of the recruitment process that’s like saying the Queen’s footman is part of the monarchy FFS

19 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

the disappointment comes more from the time it took for her to sack him and her last statement re genuine Hearts fans. Will give her the credit she deserves if she pulls it off with DS.

:arry:

32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why would you make public you have made an offer until you know it will be accepted? Negotiations usually proceed until there is an agreement which is then announced ... scarf held aloft and all that

We demand a statement telling us what's happening.

Why are the club releasing a statement telling us what's happening?

Delete one to suit your viewpoint.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Please now get rid of McFraud and all the other coaches. Levein one at the end of the season. Clean sweep and let’s fire it up.

11 hours ago, Morgan said:

If indeed @graygo has been drinking, that only goes to prove that you have been drinking 24/7 for two years now..

:cheers:

That your best shot captain, been listening to your Osmond LP's recently or drinking half pint shandies in Cafe Royal/Guildford with the gang of goons....

Hampden Demolition
6 minutes ago, Goz said:

:arry:

I had to watch how I worded that 😂 was originally written as “if she pulls off DS”.

Edited by Hampden Demolition

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Good point Frank. Generally if you make a total shambles of your job and you get sacked, you are out the door immediately.

It’s seems Levein’s feelings and ego were under consideration by Ann....

I suppose there are four options. 

Sacked immediately with no recompense due to incompetence  which carries legal and financial risk to the club. 

Pay off his contract in full or negotiate a reduced amount ( if possible )  and let him go which requires an up front cost. 

Put him on garden leave while paying him the remainder of his contract until it ends which doesn’t require you to find a large upfront sum. 

Get him to do something else to get some value out of his remaining contract period. 

I’ve seen all four used in business previously.  

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That could be a very long search.....

Surely Levein could get a job at the EN slating the club every week?  He can still very much become a hero in your eyes.

I am more excited about getting rid of the duff coaches than getting this Stendel guy in. 

N Lincs Jambo

Might be owt or nowt but SkyBet no longer have a book open on next permanent Hearts manager. Hopefully this means it’s imminent 

If we've just recruited DS then it's been a delayed shambles.

If we're punting the dross and bringing in a new structure then there's clearly been a SHED load of work in getting everything in place.

Make it happen today and we can move on.

37 minutes ago, XB52 said:

He didn't pull two salaries and, as he got sacked, looks like he was answerable

Sacked  🤔 but still working there on his other salary 👍

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Surely Levein could get a job at the EN slating the club every week?  He can still very much become a hero in your eyes.

👍😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I am more excited about getting rid of the duff coaches than getting this Stendel guy in. 

🤔

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Might be owt or nowt but SkyBet no longer have a book open on next permanent Hearts manager. Hopefully this means it’s imminent 

Probably given up and set themselves on fire. 

3 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I sent them a message and they responded by saying the market is closed and will not be reopened. 

4 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Closed as of last night around midnight I think.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Agentjambo said:

I sent them a message and they responded by saying the market is closed and will not be reopened. 

800px_COLOURBOX1011242.jpg

38 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Ann has sacked Levein and looks like appointing Stendel (Levein wont be SD) amazed any Hearts fan can be disappointed with her recently.

I'm amazed any hearts fan can be pleased with her recently tbh. She has earned the right to do things her own way though. Let's hope her screw ups are behind her.

SuperstarSteve

At this point we all know stendel is the next man in charge, it’s 100% done and it was all but done last week bar a few loose ends but it was always gonna be finalised for this week. Nothing if ever guaranteed so I Don’t understand the abuse Daza or whoever else gets for passing on the info they know to be true. 

Levein will also be nowhere near the club next season never mind SD. 

32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Possibly if tommeh gets the boot. 

Unless he's our SD ofc. 😳

Good lad - keep it up! 😂

31 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But what difference does it make to you apart from your eternal obsession?  You should see a doctor.

Oh so she’s changed her mind? That’s ok then.

20 minutes ago, WageThief said:

No Levein would need to slate Levein to be a hero in my eyes! 😉

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm amazed any hearts fan can be pleased with her recently tbh. She has earned the right to do things her own way though. Let's hope her screw ups are behind her.

Summed up perfectly! 👍

fabienleclerq
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Barnsley confirm compensation required.  

Ridiculous they can in all but words sack the guy and control when he gets a new job or claim compensation. 

36 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How patronising is that :lol:

Weakened Offender
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What are these screw ups ?

SuperstarSteve
1 minute ago, allyby said:

So Stendel's not signed yet? whats the hold up, his backroom staff?

He’s signed. He will be announced shortly. 

37 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I had to watch how I worded that 😂 was originally written as “if she pulls off DS”.

Hahaha. Definitely close enough for me to have pounced upon :)

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Yes.....you’re correct.....being shown round by CL has clearly been detrimental to our chances of securing the services of Stendel.

That awkwardness has left a real bad impression.

Oh wait......

Again, only explaining what the original post could have meant. 

But bash on attacking a reasonable explanation.

28 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

New book opened on who gets first post on page 200.  Got a tenner on AgentJambo.

30 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I believe this is called Prospect Theory. 

38 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Please now get rid of McFraud and all the other coaches. Levein one at the end of the season. Clean sweep and let’s fire it up.

FFS give it a rest

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

You should give yourself an infraction for calling me a plank.

Hope you are well. See you at the AGM.

👍 😄

• davemclaren locked this topic