Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Strap ourselves in.

Unlike Cathro he does have some man management experience. He is still seemingly well liked by supporters of the club that sacked him. 

i say the risk is measurably lower compared to Cathro if we do land him. 

certainly, there is more going for him. I am just not wanting to get crazily excited and then see it go badly. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

certainly, there is more going for him. I am just not wanting to get crazily excited and then see it go badly. 

Aye, I know, this one has to be right. 🤔

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Strap ourselves in.

Unlike Cathro he does have some man management experience. He is still seemingly well liked by supporters of the club that sacked him. 

He will probably be easier to understand than Cathro for a start even though he is German.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Strap ourselves in.

Not sure why anyone compares him to

Cathro? Stendel has managed Barnsley  in two English Leagues and Hannover96 in two German leagues. Cathro had managed nobody, in any league,  anywhere. Probably the only thing they have in common is that they both own a laptop. Nothing else similar about them at all.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Just now, wavydavy said:

He will probably be easier to understand than Cathro for a start even though he is German.

Or Locky??  Not by me of course. 

If he’s unveiled tomorrow might add a couple of thousand to the gate on Wednesday at least. 

Most ambitious appointment since Burley 

We’re on the comeback!! 

:fth:

A United support

:jjyay:

😍😍😍🇱🇻🇱🇻

Not long up over here in sunny Japan. It just got a little bit more sunny. Fingers crossed.😁

30 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nice words from Heckingbottom to be fair.

Who's starting the Stendel out thread?

next week at earliest 😁

PhoenixHearts
51 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Red, blue and white?

No, but thanks anyway!  :lol: 

"Le rouge et le Noir"... Red and Black.

To the poster that was aiming fly digs at me,  with the ice cube are we there yet picture for backing Daza guess what today was a good day 😉 

If u go through the thread you will see i say Stendel isn't the hold up 😉

On 31/10/2019 at 19:41, Martin_T said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Stendel?wprov=sfla1

Recently sacked by Barnsley, having got them promoted last season. Previous experience in the Bundesliga with Hannover. May be a stretch budget wise, but this is the kind of bold appointment I'd like to see us make.

31/10 and close to the finish line it seems. 

Captain Canada

I watched some highlights from his first home game at Barnsley earlier. A cracking goal that involved the keeper, one defender and a striker. Took less than around 10 seconds from one end to the other - fast, aggressive and attacking football I've not seen us play for a very long time. 

Edited by Captain Canada

On 27/11/2019 at 18:55, Bongo 1874 said:

Daza is not wrong deal isn't far away from being completed 👍.  

Daza don't stop posting on this forum mate **** The Haters 

One of the exact reasons why I don't post everything I've been told on here sometimes better to take a backseat and let everyone else b****. 

On 27/11/2019 at 19:20, Bongo 1874 said:

Hold up isn't Stendel 

You said we had no chance if I remember 🤔

Bump 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bump 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

👍

Stendel was done last week. Some posters on here should learn just because one thing is signed there's alot of collateral to get done also. 

34 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

SN is the most accurate "ITK" on here. 

Good info again mate👏

The most accurate post on the thread 👍

Just now, dazajmbo said:

👍

Stendel was done last week. Some posters on here should learn just because one thing is signed there's alot of collateral to get done also. 

Aye so it was.  

Just now, dazajmbo said:

👍

👍🇱🇻

My thoughts are with Agent Jambo this evening at this very sad time

He Lost his gerbil yesterday 

X3 tadpoles the day before 

And now his fish has croaked it 

Remembrance service this Sunday at 1pm 

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

I watched some highlights from his first home game at Barnsley earlier. A cracking goal that involved the keeper, one defender and a striker. Took less than around 10 seconds from one end to the other - fast, aggressive and attacking football I've not seen us play for a very long time. 

A good coach can have an impact very quickly- Wednesday perhaps too quick but hopefully.

Robbie Neilson transformed our style immediately when he took over. Pochettino had a similar impact at Southampton right from the first game from absolutely nothing.

Who knows what will happen but the players we have are capable of playing very differently from how they have been recently.

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

SKYBET UNAVAILABLE - at last I can close the window

Yep it is surely over now....well tomorrow!

15 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Not long up over here in sunny Japan. It just got a little bit more sunny. Fingers crossed.😁

You're in tomorrow. Has he signed yet? 

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

He has had one decent season

apart from that what else has he done of note?

You unconvinced?

Who would you rather have had?

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Oh shut up you

10 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

My thoughts are with Agent Jambo this evening at this very sad time

He Lost his gerbil yesterday 

X3 tadpoles the day before 

And now his fish has croaked it 

Remembrance service this Sunday at 1pm 

:rofl:

North Berwick Jambo

Thank ****! So hopefully we can close this thread ASAP & hide it somewhere for a wee while then. 

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Who should we have instead?

McCann?

McCall?

Robinson?

I don’t think we could have been anymore ambitious or done any better than Herr Stendel. 

Ann will get the plaudits she deserves for this appointment when it’s scarf above head. 

:pleasing:

10 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

A good coach can have an impact very quickly- Wednesday perhaps too quick but hopefully.

Robbie Neilson transformed our style immediately when he took over. Pochettino had a similar impact at Southampton right from the first game from absolutely nothing.

Who knows what will happen but the players we have are capable of playing very differently from how they have been recently.

Morale zero.

Confidence rock bottom.

Organisation absent.

Footballing philosophy long  gone.

Fitness very questionable, with only a couple of exceptions.

Much to do.

Wednesday: will be won on adrenaline. Then the work will start.

12 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Why are you even pretending you know this? 

Here you go mate just a couple of articles to come out today confirming both that stendel wants his own coaching team and Budge went to Manchester to meet him.

Hope this clears things up all the best.

https://t.co/y8yRv1skV3?amp=1

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-make-final-push-appoint-daniel-stendel-manager-1329781

Hopefully Alphonse Calpone, the general, Sac and Walter Bishop give these a read too 🤐

28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He's had one decent season in getting Barnsley promoted and has a win percentage of over 50% across the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga. 

It's good news that he wants to bring his own coaches.  We found £1m for the new pitch.  Won't cost anything like that to pay off ours.

New broom.  Seriously hoping it's all confirmed this week at the very latest.

57 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did you not want a change Al? Probably not as you were one who cut anyone to threads if they dared to question where Levein was taking us. Does that now embarrass you? 🤔

As I have made clear on many occasions but you deliberately try to ignore to suit your own venomous ends, I neither supported nor opposed CL.  I did sympathise very much with the injury crisis he faced after going top of the league last season and even now some of these players are either not back nor fully fit.

Add to that he signed Halkett, Walker and Washington in the summer to ease the problems and even they have spent longish spells out.  No one, not even someone as smart as you, would be able to tell what would have happened if we had just had a "normal" injury list.

He also had the heart issue and for his own good, with hindsight, he maybe should have given up then but whatever the circumstances it all boils down to scores on the doors so I suppose being relieved of 1st team duties was inevitable.

I hope your total obsession with him does not keep you awake tonight nor give you nightmares.

I think a lot of people should be eating humble pie for some of the complete OTT reactions on this forum recently. Especially some of the stuff aimed at Budge. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out she's played an absolute blinder in this appointment, once all the details come out. 

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

**** all, mate. 👍

Jambo, Goodbye
7 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

He's had one decent season in getting Barnsley promoted and has a win percentage of over 50% across the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga. 

...and more recently of note, signing for the famous Heart of Midlothian :smug:

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's good news that he wants to bring his own coaches.  We found £1m for the new pitch.  Won't cost anything like that to pay off ours.

New broom.  Seriously hoping it's all confirmed this week at the very latest.

You’ll be in bed when it happens. 🤷🏼‍♂️

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

As I have made clear on many occasions but you deliberately try to ignore to suit your own venomous ends, I neither supported nor opposed CL.  I did sympathise very much with the injury crisis he faced after going top of the league last season and even now some of these players are either not back nor fully fit.

Add to that he signed Halkett, Walker and Washington in the summer to ease the problems and even they have spent longish spells out.  No one, not even someone as smart as you, would be able to tell what would have happened if we had just had a "normal" injury list.

He also had the heart issue and for his own good, with hindsight, he maybe should have given up then but whatever the circumstances it all boils down to scores on the doors so I suppose being relieved of 1st team duties was inevitable.

I hope your total obsession with him does not keep you awake tonight nor give you nightmares.

He's a selfish **** and the root cause of where we are just now. Can't believe people are still defending him.

baron of ness
48 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Daniel Stendelbottom is my fear. He actually left Barnsley for a bigger job at Leeds, not sacked. 

Any new manager is a risk...

jack D and coke

I’ll be sad to see the end of what has been an absolute worldy of a thread....

But welcome herr Stendel

:rudiyas:

EA0270D8-0738-46B8-930C-0C729324EE84.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Effervesance said:

it amazes me that different journalists say different things about his contract situation.

Also note the bit at the end where they claim Ann Budge met with Man City about them signing Hickey.

General consensus seems to be that AB has got this over the line. Excellent news if so. Stendel was the standout amongst the names mentioned - not that this was all that hard.

I think we will all be a bit apprehensive due to how excited we were about Cathro (well, I was, anyway). However, Stendel has a decent managerial pedigree and he is known to be a good man manager - both of which were areas in which Cathro was sadly lacking.

Assuming we don't go into a spiral and get relegated, the fact that we have started badly may not turn out that badly for the new man. Expectations for this season will be very low, so he'll have plenty of time to get things right.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Strap ourselves in.

I just hope the media give him a chance. I remember when Cathro first took over, it was "you'd think they had reinvented the wheel", and a lot more like that. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

I wondered how long it would take for you to try and put a spoke into proceedings . All the answers you seek can be found in this thread.

• davemclaren locked this topic