Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

1 hour ago, Kearney13 said:

You really could be one of the least intelligent Hearts fans judging by this thread. 

Fool. 

Are you not the guy who used to dress as Woody from Toy Story while fannying about on cruise ships?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Looks at the table. Really? Does that mean we were actually joint champions in 1986? Great news! I would have thought a Hearts fan more than any other would know what goal difference is.

Okay, we’re on the same points as shitey St Johnstone, bottom of the table.  Does that make you feel better?  Only a month or so ago you claimed we had the best team outside Glasgow and wouldn’t take any Hibs players.  

19 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Quick check of their finances prompt that swift change of mind Bongo?!

😂

Delete post mods 👍
Edited by Bongo 1874

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Are you not the guy who used to dress as Woody from Toy Story while fannying about on cruise ships?

We've all been there, Ethan.

Cut the guy some slack. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, Prof said:

A very sensible summary of the situation. People now saying we should have hired Ross. Absolute joke.

Ross will be good for about 3 months, then terrible. During that time gushing articles will be written by Speirs and co, talking about Hibs challenging for Europe. That's their template - from Hughes to Butcher it's always the same.

Only Lennon, Stubbs and Collins bucked the trend from the last 10+ years. And one of them failed at his main job - to get promoted - but was redeemed by winning the cup and left at the first opportunity. The other two left in acrimonious circumstances, which is also a very Hibs thing.

Ross wanting to play attacking football is a myth. Hibs had four shots tonight and only 10 at home vs Well. We had 11 on Saturday and 11 vs St Mirren. We had more shots against Rangers in the semi final than Hibs did today. I guarantee Robbie Neilson's stats with us in terms of attacking football will turn out to be better than Ross. Our squad is much better than Hibs, our new manager will be much better than Ross, and our football will be more attacking.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Okay, we’re on the same points as shitey St Johnstone, bottom of the table.  Does that make you feel better?  Only a month or so ago you claimed we had the best team outside Glasgow and wouldn’t take any Hibs players.  

Think you've got me mixed up with someone else. I do think we've got the best squad and first team when all fit outwith the OF. I'd take Boyle and Allan off Hibs. 

1 hour ago, Markymark said:

You are being pedantic. Had they not got shot of Heckingbottom then they’d have unlikely picked up 3 points tonight. 

Hibs were in a false position imo. They gave up a few last minute equalisers that cost them a few points. They could easily have been sitting in 6th place already otherwise and Heckingbottom could still have been there. Fine margins.

Us on the other hand. Lucky to get a point against Ross County and Hamilton. Every other game we got what we deserved, which was, in the main, hee haw.

The good news is Jack Ross will suddenly look like a world beater and complacency will set in and Hibs will think the have enough in their squad come January.

Meanwhile, we will  get a new manager who will see how poor and unbalanced our squad is and will hopefully be given money to rectify it.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Adam_the_legend
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Looks at the table. Really? Does that mean we were actually joint champions in 1986? Great news! I would have thought a Hearts fan more than any other would know what goal difference is.

Really clutching at those straws eh. 

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We've all been there, Ethan.

Cut the guy some slack. 

We you say “we’ve”, you mean you and him 😂

29 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Quick check of their finances prompt that swift change of mind Bongo?!

😂

What he did with Barnsley was brilliant. Attacking football, high press, kicking every ball from the touchline. Plus he’ll go out on the lash with the fans every Tuesday & Thursday

🍺

🤪
Would be a great appointment by Hearts!
Quote Tweet

IePN4V-N_normal.jpg

Barry Anderson

@BarryAnderson_
· 25 Nov
Hearts hold detailed talks with Daniel Stendel over manager's job at Tynecastle. @edinburghpaper #HMFC https://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-hold-detailed-talks-daniel-stendel-over-managers-job-tynecastle-1321697
11:05 pm · 25 Nov 2019 from Gateshead, England·Twitter for iPhone

Cul6_ev5_x96.jpg

Replying to
Confused as to why Sunderland didn’t go for him? Now we’re stuck with PP

Yqto0fVV_x96.jpg

Edited by Bongo 1874

20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Gorgie,

Gorgie,

Gorgie rules,

Gorgie,

GORGIE RULES.

GORGIE, GORGIE RULES, GORGIE, GORGIE, GORGIE RULES 🇱🇻🇱🇻👍😉

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hibs were in a false position imo. They gave up a few last minute equalisers that cost then a few points. They could easily have been sitting in 6th place already otherwise and Heckingbottom could still have been there. Fine margins.

Us on the other hand. Lucky to get a point against Ross County and Hamilton. Every other game we got what we deserved, which was, in the main, hee haw.

The good news is Jack Ross will suddenly look like a world beater and complacency will set in and Hibs will think the have enough in their squad come January.

Meanwhile, we will  get a new manager who will see how poor and unbalanced our squad is and will hopefully be given money to rectify it.

Aside from lacking an experienced winger and a goalscorer so we're not so reliant on Naismith, what do you think is unbalanced about our squad (when all fit obviously) out of interest, especially when compared to the other teams.

This is a good team.

Pereira

Smith Halkett Souttar Hickey

Whelan Haring

Walker Naismith Meshino/Mulraney

Uche/Washington

His first main jobs IMO will be to bring one or two central defenders in on loan or, if not, work very hard with Berra and Dikamona to get them to cut out the mistakes; assess whether Washington and Uche have enough goals in them (probably not so we'll need a striker); probably get a new long-term goalie; and then it's a case of trying to improve or find better options amongst the back-up players like Brandon, Bozanic, Garrucio, White, Clare and Wighton. We're going for someone with a track record of improving players, so he will be tasked with trying to get more from the younger players in that group.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Really clutching at those straws eh. 

I'm delighted to find out we were joint champions in 86!

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aside from lacking an experienced winger and a goalscorer so we're not so reliant on Naismith, what do you think is unbalanced about our squad (when all fit obviously) out of interest, especially when compared to the other teams.

This is a good team.

Pereira

Smith Halkett Souttar Hickey

Whelan Haring

Walker Naismith Meshino/Mulraney

Uche/Washington

His first main jobs IMO will be to bring one or two central defenders in on loan or, if not, work very hard with Berra and Dikamona to get them to cut out the mistakes; assess whether Washington and Uche have enough goals in them (probably not so we'll need a striker); probably get a new long-term goalie; and then it's a case of trying to improve or find better options amongst the back-up players like Brandon, Bozanic, Garrucio, White, Clare and Wighton. We're going for someone with a track record of improving players, so he will be tasked with trying to get more from the younger players in that group.

You’ve identified a minimum of five positions - 2 CB’s, winger, goalie and striker - and that’s just for the starting 11, so I think you’ve answered your own question. 

19 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hibs were in a false position imo. They gave up a few last minute equalisers that cost them a few points. They could easily have been sitting in 6th place already otherwise and Heckingbottom could still have been there. Fine margins.

Agree with your first paragraph. 

I said a while ago that Hibs weren't as bad as their fans had been making out.

I still think we have the better squad trouble is they never get a chance to play together.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You’ve identified a minimum of five positions - 2 CB’s, winger, goalie and striker - and that’s just for the starting 11, so I think you’ve answered your own question. 

Halkett and Souter aren’t good enough for the starting 11? 

I actually cannot be ****ed with this boy already, totally switched off to the club these days and how much of a shambles we are.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Halkett and Souter aren’t good enough for the starting 11? 

I didn’t say that. The poster I quoted said we need to bring one or two CB’s in on loan. 

Do you think the squad has quality, depth and balance?

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Gorgie,

Gorgie,

Gorgie rules,

Gorgie,

GORGIE RULES.

Used to be a mantra of mine Tarkin. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ross will be good for about 3 months, then terrible. During that time gushing articles will be written by Speirs and co, talking about Hibs challenging for Europe. That's their template - from Hughes to Butcher it's always the same.

Only Lennon, Stubbs and Collins bucked the trend from the last 10+ years. And one of them failed at his main job - to get promoted - but was redeemed by winning the cup and left at the first opportunity. The other two left in acrimonious circumstances, which is also a very Hibs thing.

Ross wanting to play attacking football is a myth. Hibs had four shots tonight and only 10 at home vs Well. We had 11 on Saturday and 11 vs St Mirren. We had more shots against Rangers in the semi final than Hibs did today. I guarantee Robbie Neilson's stats with us in terms of attacking football will turn out to be better than Ross. Our squad is much better than Hibs, our new manager will be much better than Ross, and our football will be more attacking.

I like this post! Puts things into perspective a bit 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Not for the starting 11 at all. I like that starting eleven but clearly with Halkett and Souttar out we need options at CD considering the poor form of Dikamona and Berra. We've needed a winger for a long time. I also like our strikers but McLean will likely be away so we will need a striker. Washington has quality but Uche may not be every manager's cup of tea. As our No.1 goalie is on loan obviously we'll need a new long term goalie.

Lot of nonsense being written about the squad. It's the strongest it's been for quite a while and just needs tweaking, not overhauling. I don't get how it's "unbalanced" though, which was your take on the squad.

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not for the starting 11 at all. I like that starting eleven but clearly with Halkett and Souttar out we need options at CD considering the poor form of Dikamona and Berra. We've needed a winger for a long time. I also like our strikers but McLean will likely be away so we will need a striker. Washington has quality but Uche may not be every manager's cup of tea. As our No.1 goalie is on loan obviously we'll need a new long term goalie.

Lot of nonsense being written about the squad. It's the strongest it's been for quite a while and just needs tweaking, not overhauling. I don't get how it's "unbalanced" though, which was your take on the squad.

Thought Halkett was on the bench on Sat?

It's not impossible that Stendel will get the team playing better and that will improve some individual performances.  The strongest first team is very good by the standards of our league but there is also plenty of deadwood imo.

Won't take him long to work all that out for himself if he comes in.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Thought Halkett was on the bench on Sat?

He was. We still need at least one CB if Souttar's out long term unless Dikamona an Berra dramatically improve. I was trying trying to think of where our squad needs strengthening. I'm quite happy with it, injuries aside. A lot for a new manager to work with.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:
What he did with Barnsley was brilliant. Attacking football, high press, kicking every ball from the touchline. Plus he’ll go out on the lash with the fans every Tuesday & Thursday

🍺

🤪
Would be a great appointment by Hearts!
Quote Tweet

IePN4V-N_normal.jpg

Barry Anderson

@BarryAnderson_
· 25 Nov
Hearts hold detailed talks with Daniel Stendel over manager's job at Tynecastle. @edinburghpaper #HMFC https://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-hold-detailed-talks-daniel-stendel-over-managers-job-tynecastle-1321697
11:05 pm · 25 Nov 2019 from Gateshead, England·Twitter for iPhone

Cul6_ev5_x96.jpg

Replying to
Confused as to why Sunderland didn’t go for him? Now we’re stuck with PP

Yqto0fVV_x96.jpg

We will be massacred playing high as we were on Saturday. 

Why he was sacked,  he was unable to adapt to the conditions of the Championship. 

He turned over players,  but decided to make a point by leaving out his most 2 experienced players then complained about lack of experience. 

I hope he turns out good but there's plenty of risk. 

I think I would have preferred someone who had proved he could hold a job for longer than a year 

28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Why he was sacked,  he was unable to adapt to the conditions of the Championship. 

He turned over players,  but decided to make a point by leaving out his most 2 experienced players then complained about lack of experience. 

I think I would have preferred someone who had proved he could hold a job for longer than a year 

I've similar fears. 

He's the sexy choice and I can see why he's became the favourite among the fans. 

The worries I have are;

Can our current squad play his style 

(ageing players,  fitness issues,  Berra at the back), if not can he adapt to other styles?

He's only had 2 jobs and been sacked from both after only around a year. Is this enough experience? (One of Budge's criteria was it not?)

Edited by Deans Jambo

Phil D. Corners
21 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Every appointment is a risk.  If he comes, we will see what we will see.

This where I’m at. Let’s see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

I've similar fears. 

He's the sexy choice and I can see why he's became the favourite among the fans. 

The worries I have are;

Can our current squad play his style 

(ageing players,  fitness issues,  Berra at the back), if not can he adapt to other styles?

He's only had 2 jobs and been sacked from both after only around a year. Is this enough experience? (One of Budge's criteria was it not?)

Thing is mate, we are who we are and won't attract the perfect man. Same with player recruitment. We're in a market of calculated risks and longshots sprinkled with solid but uninspiring .

Now which of those is Stendel? Probably calculated risk.  When the solid pros mooted are McCall and even Robinson, I'll take that.

While it may seem rational to think we need someone to steady the ship, i think we need someone to excite us. Stendel looks like he does that at the very least.

Leveins Battalion

For me the attraction with Stendel is the unknown,we could have gone down the safe route like Jack Ross or Stephen Robinson but that's not going to get people interested,we might finish 4 th- 5th with them but Hearts fans want an adventure now.Sick of years and years of mind numbingly boring football ,I get Ann and the board want this also.

If and it's a big if Stendel does come in and works in a new structure then everybody at the club deserves credit for being bold and they will fully get my support 🇱🇻

What happens if his googlepress system doesn't work does he have the experience to change his ways to get the best from our players

Maroonblood22

I think it's fairly obvious that the excitement over Stendel is partly down to the calibre of the other candidates mentioned... McCall, McCann etc. He is still my first choice, but if it were a two horse race between him and a Warnock type manager then it might make the scenario different.

Fingers crossed this gets over the line this week, we could be doing with something to get excited about!

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:While it may seem rational to think we need someone to steady the ship, i think we need someone to excite us. Stendel looks like he does that at the very least.

yep. After 3 years of eye bleeding crap , have to say I want to have some good old fashioned exciting football again.

Leveins failed legacy booted well and truly into touch please

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

What happens if his googlepress system doesn't work does he have the experience to change his ways to get the best from our players

He is renowned for the counter press system 

the Barnsley CEO (who was going to pay good money for a manager and had other offers at the time he employed him) said he did so much research into Stendel and the main finding was that he was one of the best at implementing this particular system ... and it’s an exciting system 

it’s like everything else. Some players fit some systems, some players don’t - that would be no different to another manager coming in and implementing his preferred system. No doubt it wouldn’t suit all of our players anyway so the fact that Stendels “googlepress” system, as you put it, would not put him at any more disadvantage 

I don’t want safe and I don’t want structured play with players shitting themselves if they put 2 feet forward on the park. We have had long enough of that.

If we can get him and I really do think he will come I absolutely 100% believe this is going to be the absolute making of us and I think this guy will unite our support to a man/woman for the first time in a number of years and will be remembered for a long long time 

I am praying to god that we are pulling out all of the stops to get him. Warnock is the only other contender out of everyone else I would be happy to a degree with 

the rest of the candidates can do one as far as I’m concerned 

We need to give him ample time, and if he does come, to sort out the shitfest that Levein left in his wake. Won’t happen overnight but I’m not surprised he is the clubs number 1 candidate 

I don’t agree with AB on a number of things but if she pulls this off she has my full support 

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

yep. After 3 years of eye bleeding crap , have to say I want to have some good old fashioned exciting football again.

Leveins failed legacy booted well and truly into touch please

Yup. Simply put, i want to want to go to games again. Bit of fun please.

Robinson would all but guarantee top 6 every year, always in picture for top 4. That's what we want but for me its a bear minimum. It'd be the most nonOF Scottish thing that that's the dream. We'd be setting our own ceiling.

I want a manager who says to the players, fans, tealadies and ballboys, "let's go tear this ****er up!"

29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Thing is mate, we are who we are and won't attract the perfect man. Same with player recruitment. We're in a market of calculated risks and longshots sprinkled with solid but uninspiring .

Now which of those is Stendel? Probably calculated risk.  When the solid pros mooted are McCall and even Robinson, I'll take that.

While it may seem rational to think we need someone to steady the ship, i think we need someone to excite us. Stendel looks like he does that at the very least.

I totally get it. In fact the idea of him as boss excites me but I just hope if we get him the club have done their homework on him.... and he has done his on us!

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

No we won’t the standard up here is dross as is our defence 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Agree with your first paragraph. 

I said a while ago that Hibs weren't as bad as their fans had been making out.

I still think we have the better squad trouble is they never get a chance to play together.

Why gushing over hibs? 

Amongst all our shite, We beat them- away. 

We'll improve steadily now, we'll win far more games now we have more players coming back. 

There's no need to panic because hibs won a few games. 

If anything, it shows how quickly things can turn around. 

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He is going to need time to get the players that work it ain’t going to happen overnight imagine Clare pressing really can’t see him fitting in 

His job this year is to keep us up, next year top 6 then after that I’d like to see challenge for Europe. He isn’t going to turn this around instantly. He need 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why gushing over hibs? 

We'll improve steadily now, we'll win far more games now we have more players coming back and will bring in a new manager that knows how the game should be played 

Edit on your post 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

His job this year is to keep us up, next year top 6 then after that I’d like to see challenge for Europe. He isn’t going to turn this around instantly. He need 2-3 years.

Problem being he falls out with people after a year 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

We'll be top 6 this year. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll be top 6 this year. 

There's a lot of improvement  needed to get top 6

If we're to get there we need to get  pretty much close to 15 points in December  in my opinion 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

No we won’t the standard up here is dross as is our defence 

That seems a tad contradictory. 

Our  defence is the main reason gegenpress is dangerous. 

Manchester City have had to rein back due to defensive weakness 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Spot on.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why gushing over hibs? 

We'll improve steadily now, we'll win far more games now we have more players coming back. 

I know I’m repeating myself mate but you keel saying we are going to start winning regularly and it’s just not happening. These players are used to losing and are obviously not as good as we thought. 
I really hope with a new manager and hopefully his own back room staff we can turn the corner but it’s going to need a fair bit more investment in the squad as it’s nowhere near good enough to consistently win the majority of our matches in this league. 

5 minutes ago, jambocub said:

There's a lot of improvement  needed to get top 6

If we're to get there we need to get  pretty much close to 15 points in December  in my opinion 

Yep. We would need to win most of our games in December and I just can’t see that happening. We are already too far behind for top 6. 
Yet another season wasted. 
Hopefully we can have another cup run so we have something to look forward to. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That seems a tad contradictory. 

Our  defence is the main reason gegenpress is dangerous. 

Manchester City have had to rein back due to defensive weakness 

Might be wrong here and I keep hearing the term gegenpress being used.

Obviously aware more so through Klopp but isn’t this system when you have 2/3 players harassing the player on the ball, therefore leaving gaps in other areas ?

reason I am asking is that Stendel seemingly prefers the counter press but I thought that was a similar thing but without putting 2/3 up against one player and rather each player pressing the opposition and the ball ? 

Not being obtuse just curious ? 

• davemclaren locked this topic